Author Topic: Have you been ignoring your white Privilege today?  (Read 14222 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Have you been ignoring your white Privilege today?
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 01:19:45 AM »
The stupidity of your response is a self owning by default. I could dig up some actual facts to embarrass you, but what would be the point? You're a moron. Andre is a moron. You guys will always be morons.

Only in so much that I actually took a few moments to respond to your BS!

I'd like to remind you that ad hom attacks are not supposed to occur here,
...but as usual that really depends upon whom the attack is directed right?

Affirmative action was designed for people like you.

Uh... yes, as a matter of fact it was. Affirmative action was designed for people like me, ...and others.
And it was due to those traditional barriers erected against "people like me" that spurred me to be my own boss, become an entrepreneur and rise above that glass ceiling. White skin privilege means never having to be twice as good, simply to be accepted as equal.

No amount of facts or reality will set you straight so there is no point in wasting my time. Continue wallowing in ignorance. I'm sure there will always be a government program to pay for it.

I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that the mere thought of you seething with bitterness & resentment gives me far more pleasure & satisfaction, than enlightening you would. So indulge your ignorance, stroke your ego, and console yourself by assuming you lost out to a minority due to A/A. I'm sure it's much easier on your ego than admitting you simply weren't good enough.
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 12:14:38 PM »
Yes, your education is displayed in your outstanding grammer!

Keep up the good work Andre!

I'm sorry you're not satisfied with all that white people have provided you.  Maybe you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds though?

every time someone has been owned and has no response, they comment on someone's grammar....we are all just throwing up our thoughts quickly and not paying much attention to grammar and senteence structure...this isn't school....you could not garner a response to my posts because you have been intellectually owned here...admit that and save yourself some dignity..

by the way..not only did I own you, you owned yourself by commenting on my grammar...you spelled grammar wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I'll be seeing you in this thread again 8)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 02:11:46 PM »
every time someone has been owned and has no response, they comment on someone's grammar....we are all just throwing up our thoughts quickly and not paying much attention to grammar and senteence structure...this isn't school....you could not garner a response to my posts because you have been intellectually owned here...admit that and save yourself some dignity.. by the way..not only did I own you, you owned yourself by commenting on my grammar...you spelled grammar wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I'll be seeing you in this thread again 8)

Self ownage!!! haha!! Almost on par with yours! 4am mistake, occasionally I have to get up early on Sunday to support your family (and mine). Exercising my white privilege a little bit.

Instead of focusing on how you've been done wrong, you people should focus on proving yourselves and building something. The way white people have since before your people came out of the wild.

How much can we give?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2013, 10:21:59 PM »

Self ownage!!! haha!! Almost on par with yours! 4am mistake, occasionally I have to get up early on Sunday to support your family (and mine). Exercising my white privilege a little bit.

Instead of focusing on how you've been done wrong, you people should focus on proving yourselves and building something. The way white people have since before your people came out of the wild.

How much can we give?

if you're up at 4am posting on GetBig, then you're not supporting anybody

self-ownage again :D

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2013, 02:18:04 PM »
George Will taking his cue (and moniker) from the one and only GW.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-f-will-schools-push-a-curriculum-of-propaganda/2013/04/03/6d25550e-9bc1-11e2-a941-a19bce7af755_story.html

Schools push a curriculum of propaganda

By George F. Will, Published: April 3

The real vocation of some people entrusted with delivering primary and secondary education is to validate this proposition: The three R’s — formerly reading, ’riting and ’rithmetic — now are racism, reproduction and recycling. Especially racism. Consider Wisconsin’s Department of Public Instruction. It evidently considers “instruction” synonymous with “propaganda,” which in the patois of progressivism is called “consciousness-raising.”

Wisconsin’s DPI, in collaboration with the Orwellian-named federal program VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America; the “volunteers” are paid), urged white students to wear white wristbands “as a reminder about your privilege, and as a personal commitment to explain why you wear the wristband.” A flyer that was on the DPI Web site and distributed at a DPI-VISTA training class urged whites to “put a note on your mirror or computer screen as a reminder to think about privilege,” to “make a daily list of the ways privilege played out” and to conduct an “internal dialogue” asking questions such as “How do I make myself comfortable with privilege?” and “What am I doing today to undo my privilege?”

After criticism erupted, the DPI removed the flyer from its Web site and posted a dishonest statement claiming that the wristbands were a hoax perpetrated by conservatives. But, again, the flyer DPI posted explicitly advocated the wristbands. And Wisconsin’s taxpayer-funded indoctrination continues, funded by more than Wisconsin taxpayers.

In Delavan-Darien High School’s “American Diversity” curriculum, students were urged to verify white privilege by visiting a Wal-Mart toy section and counting the white and black dolls. After objections, the school district is reconsidering this curriculum.

Such distractions from the study of calculus and literature are encouraged by CREATE Wisconsin (the acronym stands for Culturally Responsive Education for All: Training and Enhancement), which is funded with federal tax dollars from IDEA, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. The disability being rectified here is, presumably, the handicap of insufficient guilt — arising from false consciousness — about white privilege.

Today, the school systems in 20 states employ more non-teachers than teachers. The Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice reports that between 1950 and 2009, while the number of K-12 students increased 96 percent, full-time-equivalent school employees increased 386 percent. The number of teachers increased 252 percent, but the number of bureaucrats — including consciousness-raising sensitivity enforcers and other non-teachers — increased 702 percent. The report says states could have saved more than $24 billion annually if non-teaching staff had grown only as fast as student enrollment. And Americans wonder why their generous K-12 financing (higher per pupil than all but three of the 34 Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development nations) has done so little to improve reading, math and science scores.

Higher education, from which much of such diversity and sensitivity nonsense trickles down, cries poverty while spending lavishly on administrative overhead irrelevant to its teaching and research missions. The Manhattan Institute’s Heather Mac Donald notes that in 2011, while the University of California at San Diego was pruning academic offerings, it created a “vice chancellor for equity, diversity and inclusion” to augment a diversity apparatus that included an assistant vice chancellor for diversity; faculty advisers, staff, graduate and undergraduate diversity coordinators and liaisons; a director of development for diversity initiatives; the Committee on Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation Issues; the Diversity Council; the Campus Council on Climate, Culture and Inclusion; and much more. Perhaps tens of millions could be diverted from progressive gestures to academic purposes by abolishing on every American campus every administrative position whose title contains the words “diversity,” “equity,” “race,” “ethnicity,” “sustainability,” “green,” “gender,” “inclusion,” “identity,” “interconnectivity,” “globalization,” “climate,” “campus climate,” “cross-cultural” or “multiculturalism.”

No corner of the country is immune to propaganda pretending to be pedagogy. Lincoln Brown of KVEL-AM in Vernal, Utah, says one student from the University of Utah showed him required reading that told students to “list ways your family may have colluded with or benefited from the exploitation of African-Americans.” Another reading was titled “White Privilege — Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack.”

Twenty-five years ago, President Reagan, paraphrasing Education Secretary William Bennett, said: “If you serve a child a rotten hamburger in America, federal, state and local agencies will investigate you, summon you, close you down, whatever. But if you provide a child with a rotten education, nothing happens, except that you’re liable to be given more money to do it with.” But only until the soaring tuition's and taxes that fund this featherbedding for administrators of political correctness create a critical mass of parental and taxpayer disgust.

Read more from George F. Will’s archive or follow him on Facebook

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2013, 02:26:26 PM »
Can't lie... as a person of interracial mixing, I appreciate the fact that I look white.

I appreciate the privilege it gives me every day.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2013, 02:28:36 PM »
Can't lie... as a person of interracial mixing, I appreciate the fact that I look white.

Because women don't cringe in fear when you approach them?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2013, 02:29:22 PM »
Because women don't cringe in fear when you approach them?

They do not!

Looking like a fantastic white specimen does have it's advantages... I mean, Kim Kardashian won't touch me... but she's tainted anyway.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2013, 02:47:51 AM »
They do not!

Looking like a fantastic white specimen does have it's advantages...

Like not having to endure "Stop & Frisk"?

I mean, Kim Kardashian won't touch me... but she's tainted anyway.

LOL. I'm sorry, but that made me LOL!  ;D
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2013, 05:29:17 PM »

Such as?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2013, 05:50:36 PM »
Just wanted to thank you guys for this thread.

It's provided tons of fun for me in real life. I ask a friend "Where's your white bracelet?" or "Busy contemplating your white privilege?!" and we have a good laugh.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2013, 05:50:23 AM »

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2013, 07:27:35 AM »
There is no such thing as black privilege. Plenty of white and Asian students get into Harvard with 1200 SAT scores.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2013, 07:36:10 AM »
you already know

No.  And I'm not trolling u.  I've always felt I worked hard for anything I have and almost always had 2 jobs early in my career to help make ends meet.

So...stop crying racism and kindly explain why I have white privilige.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2013, 08:38:25 AM »

Such as?

People don't follow me around the local convenience store waiting for me to steal stuff.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »
No.  And I'm not trolling u.  I've always felt I worked hard for anything I have and almost always had 2 jobs early in my career to help make ends meet.

It's not that racism doesn't exist. But, my attitude is that racism will find you; there's no need to go looking for it. To borrow a line from the "Josephine Baker Story", "There's no shame in being black but it can be inconvenient at times!"

In this day and age, black people need to be more concerned with the self-inflicted wounds that plague our communities, instead of obsessing with "white privilege" and what evil whitey is supposedly doing to us.

The last time I checked, white people aren't opening our women's legs, throwing black men between them, and forcing them to have sex, resulting in popping out babies.....to the point where only about a fourth of them are born in wedlock.

Yet, whenever people like Bill Cosby or Ben Carson point this out, they get reamed by so-called civil rights activists (i.e. Melissa Harris-Perry) who look for excuses and prop up failed liberal policies.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2013, 10:00:59 AM »
Someone send me one of those bracelets. :)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »
It's not that racism doesn't exist. But, my attitude is that racism will find you; there's no need to go looking for it. To borrow a line from the "Josephine Baker Story", "There's no shame in being black but it can be inconvenient at times!"

In this day and age, black people need to be more concerned with the self-inflicted wounds that plague our communities, instead of obsessing with "white privilege" and what evil whitey is supposedly doing to us.

The last time I checked, white people aren't opening our women's legs, throwing black men between them, and forcing them to have sex, resulting in popping out babies.....to the point where only about a fourth of them are born in wedlock.

Yet, whenever people like Bill Cosby or Ben Carson point this out, they get reamed by so-called civil rights activists (i.e. Melissa Harris-Perry) who look for excuses and prop up failed liberal policies.

Agreed.  I think everyone knows that racism still exists...and probably will long after we're dead.  But if my great white privilege is that somebody isn't following me around in a store, it sounds like woefully empty argument.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »

Agreed.  I think everyone knows that racism still exists...and probably will long after we're dead.  But if my great white privilege is that somebody isn't following me around in a store, it sounds like woefully empty argument.

There's some other perks really... I was watching an expose on someone who called around looking for apartments and when they used names like Tyrone and Juaquin, they were told they had none... Same people called back and said "Bob" and "James" and they were asked to come by for a viewing.

There are some benefits to looking white in the US still.

But if a black person tells you they are "oppressed" then they are full of shit.

My mom and dad got married in the early 70s. They lived in the south... If they could deal with it, then fuck anyone's statement that they were "oppressed".

No black person under the age of 40 has been "oppressed"... They may have seen racism, but they were not under "oppression".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2013, 05:38:13 PM »
There's some other perks really... I was watching an expose on someone who called around looking for apartments and when they used names like Tyrone and Juaquin, they were told they had none... Same people called back and said "Bob" and "James" and they were asked to come by for a viewing.

But if a black person tells you they are "oppressed" then they are full of shit.

My mom and dad got married in the early 70s. They lived in the south... If they could deal with it, then fuck anyone's statement that they were "oppressed".

No black person under the age of 40 has been "oppressed"... They may have seen racism, but they were not under "oppression".

Andre has been depressed, oppressed, repressed, and supressed - know what im saying?   ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2013, 06:19:41 PM »

not crying racism at all...and congrats on your hard work and diligence,,,but white privilege is a fact..anybody debating this is nuts

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2013, 06:21:20 PM »
not crying racism at all...and congrats on your hard work and diligence,,,but white privilege is a fact..anybody debating this is nuts

Maybe if you pull your pants up, drop the gold grill in your mouth, twist your hat straight, stop dealing, and stop jacking old ladies on the 4 - things will change?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2013, 06:21:58 PM »

I agree with this...good job

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2013, 06:23:24 PM »

This is not too accurate but I do see your point

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »
Andre has been depressed, oppressed, repressed, and supressed - know what im saying?   ;D

;D ;D