Author Topic: i will REFUSE to believe lifting heavy weights isnt necessary to GETBIG  (Read 16792 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
then why is every monster pro inclining 4 plate like paper

even this lionel fella who doesnt display a lot of "psyching up" is raping the weights

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Yeah Buddy , Light Weight

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
lionel is my new favorite ebony mountain of muscles

so far not a trace of G4p

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
dont take pros as rolemodels.

you know what american pros do when they blow out some tendon or joint, they simply carry on on pain meds.

you think thats smart?

accept the limit,dont become a cripple
fella is not american

but it even seems as if they arent pushing the limits

they are just somehow able to make the big weights light

"bodybuilding is one of the most mysterious activities in the world" --Vic richards (?)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
300kg squat

why... if "weight doesnt matter???....'"

do they just "not know that weight doesnt matter?"

how

why

what

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Yeah Buddy , Light Weight
lol........ this guy

wtf

bend the laws of the universe

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 :) the difference between fake and real plates.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 :)
F

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
i dont think these plate are fake

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
casey v supposedly curled 200 for 20 reps and benched 350 for 20 reps and deadlifted 400 for 30 reps

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
says he usually does about 6 reps with 300kg squat

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Who is quoted as saying

"if you can't Press 4plates on the incline you will never be shit"

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Who is quoted as saying

"if you can't Press 4plates on the incline you will never be shit"
asmart man?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Now that the burden of a family has been lifted, you can pursue your pro dreams. That Flex cover is right around the corner.
i dont have a marketable cranium

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
This video makes me realise even more how much of a beast Coleman was
choice is an illusion

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
dont take pros as rolemodels.

you know what american pros do when they blow out some tendon or joint, they simply carry on on pain meds.

you think thats smart?

accept the limit,dont become a cripple

Good advice.

Mr. "oh, I have my MA in literature, so I'm not only bigger and stronger than everyone reading this, I'm better-educated and smarter than most of you, too!" Tom Prince did just that.  He trained super-heavy without any kind of respite for YEARS on end and, whoops!  Developed severe joint problems, including his rotator cuffs.

I can relate to that to an extent -- I forsook my upper back training for a time at the expense of building even bigger pecs and pushing bigger weights, and my 'cuffs still hurt from it -- but at least I never:

*Adopted this insane mindset that missing even ONE of six weekly workouts was tantamount to cheating on your fucking wife and/or choking the first paraplegic you run across

and/or

*Decided to "train through the pain" and mask it with massive doses of opiates and ... what was that shit some of the pros liked to abuse?  Ah, yes:  Nubain.

Nah.  I took time off, rehabilitated the neglected areas, then resumed training with a renewed focus on staying UNinjured by any means necessary, even if that meant curling a pair of 15's like they were 70's.

That said, generally speaking, yeah, the stronger you get, the bigger you'll get ... but in a specific context.  Anyone can use some tricks to up their 1RM dramatically.  I'm talking about getting consistently stronger in the 10-12 range.  Apart from some of Ronnie's big feats of strength (deadlift, the squat suit), look at how he ordinarily trains.  He got up to a pair of 200 lb. 'bells for 10-12 reps on the flat bench.  He was doing seated presses with 315 for at least that many reps.  And if memory serves, he was front-squatting a shitload of weight for a whole bunch of reps, too.  

So, when we talk about getting a lot stronger to get bigger, we're talking about moving big weights for lots of reps.  But, much as I hate the expression, there are still plenty of ways to skin this same cat/achieve similar ends.  Anyone here looked into this Matrix Training stuff?  Initially, I confess that I laughed at the concept; but if done correctly, I can easily envision some of that training resulting in a swift kick in the ass -- and all with ~50% 1RM loads, to boot!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
This video makes me realise even more how much of a beast Coleman was
you better believe it

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Bostonians upset by the new Rolling Stone cover -- featuring Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev -- need to grow up and learn from the tragedy that rocked their city ... according to the magazine's editors.

The editors just released a statement, saying their hearts go out to the Boston bombing victims -- but "the cover story we are publishing this week falls within the traditions of journalism and Rolling Stone's longstanding commitment to serious and thoughtful coverage."

The statement continues, "The fact that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is young, and in the same age group as many of our readers, makes it all the more important for us to examine the complexities of this issue and gain a more complete understanding of how a tragedy like this happens."

In other words, stop burying your heads in the sand, people.

As we reported, CVS and the Boston-based Roche Bros. supermarkets have boycotted the latest issue of the magazine because of its controversial cover ... saying it's disrespectful to the victims.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
A'halo, your mind is twisting again. You're way too dogmatic.. :-\

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
A'halo, your mind is twisting again. You're you're way too dogmatic.. :-\
the never ending confusing on this matter is giving me no rest

it has haunted me for years

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Good advice.

Mr. "oh, I have my MA in literature, so I'm not only bigger and stronger than everyone reading this, I'm better-educated and smarter than most of you, too!" Tom Prince did just that.  He trained super-heavy without any kind of respite for YEARS on end and, whoops!  Developed severe joint problems, including his rotator cuffs.

I can relate to that to an extent -- I forsook my upper back training for a time at the expense of building even bigger pecs and pushing bigger weights, and my 'cuffs still hurt from it -- but at least I never:

*Adopted this insane mindset that missing even ONE of six weekly workouts was tantamount to cheating on your fucking wife and/or choking the first paraplegic you run across

and/or

*Decided to "train through the pain" and mask it with massive doses of opiates and ... what was that shit some of the pros liked to abuse?  Ah, yes:  Nubain.

Nah.  I took time off, rehabilitated the neglected areas, then resumed training with a renewed focus on staying UNinjured by any means necessary, even if that meant curling a pair of 15's like they were 70's.

That said, generally speaking, yeah, the stronger you get, the bigger you'll get ... but in a specific context.  Anyone can use some tricks to up their 1RM dramatically.  I'm talking about getting consistently stronger in the 10-12 range.  Apart from some of Ronnie's big feats of strength (deadlift, the squat suit), look at how he ordinarily trains.  He got up to a pair of 200 lb. 'bells for 10-12 reps on the flat bench.  He was doing seated presses with 315 for at least that many reps.  And if memory serves, he was front-squatting a shitload of weight for a whole bunch of reps, too.  

So, when we talk about getting a lot stronger to get bigger, we're talking about moving big weights for lots of reps.  But, much as I hate the expression, there are still plenty of ways to skin this same cat/achieve similar ends.  Anyone here looked into this Matrix Training stuff?  Initially, I confess that I laughed at the concept; but if done correctly, I can easily envision some of that training resulting in a swift kick in the ass -- and all with ~50% 1RM loads, to boot!

tom prince seemed like an interesting figure, are his posts still online? wat was his username?

what exercises for upper back do u mean anyway

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
the never ending confusing on this matter is giving me no rest

it has haunted me for years

That's because you've chosen to be dogmatic. Now, before you continue to argue, I would suggest you to read the following:

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogma_(algemeen)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
i'm just gonna ask brian dobson

"train me mister brian"

"you are not tanaka you are not japanese"

:(

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.

"train me mister brian"

Nice Bloodsport reference.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

"train me mister brian"

Brian expressed his regret about his "killing it" approach with numerous injuries as a result. But before you get even more confused, READ that dogma Wiki first; your dogma is fucking with your brain.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]