Author Topic: I just figured something out. Took 56 years!  (Read 28407 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: I just figured something out. Took 56 years!
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2014, 08:31:08 PM »
People contribute to society in a lot of different ways and many old people are proud to have contributed worthwhile things to society.

Vince Basile continuously contributes absolutely nothing to society, even in his old age. The only thing he has contributed his some nonsense theory of hypertrophy on getbig, which most exercise physiologists probably never eve heard of. kudos to you for chasing hypertrophy at 72 years old.

Good way to spend your golden years.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »
People contribute to society in a lot of different ways and many old people are proud to have contributed worthwhile things to society.

Vince Basile continuously contributes absolutely nothing to society, even in his old age. The only thing he has contributed his some nonsense theory of hypertrophy on getbig, which most exercise physiologists probably never eve heard of. kudos to you for chasing hypertrophy at 72 years old.

Good way to spend your golden years.

Hopefully you young fellows might mellow a bit as you age and won't be so nasty to others like you are on Getbig.

Why should I do things for people who say nasty things to and about me?

There are no golden years. Photography is my main hobby nowadays. I get out to take photos and processing them takes even more time.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2014, 09:29:42 PM »
vince basile we are ready to examine your empirical findings now
"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2014, 09:30:19 PM »
Hopefully you young fellows might mellow a bit as you age and won't be so nasty to others like you are on Getbig.

There are no golden years. Photography is my main hobby nowadays. I get out to take photos and processing them takes even more time.

Even if I said nice things about you, what the hell can you do for me anyway? Youre in Australia.

Mellow out? This coming from the guy who constantly attacks Goodrum.  ::) ::)
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2014, 09:37:53 PM »
Even if I said nice things about you, what the hell can you do for me anyway? Youre in Australia.

Mellow out? This coming from the guy who constantly attacks Goodrum.  ::) ::)

I have left Goodrum alone for years now. Others pick on him way more than I do. He deserves what he gets.

He makes up lies about me whereas he hates when I tell the truth about him. Go figure.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2014, 09:42:54 PM »
There's only room for one Vince on getbig and we choose the dick sucking, fudge packing, cross eyed dude banging black one.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2014, 09:46:06 PM »
There's only room for one Vince on getbig and we choose the dick sucking, fudge packing, cross eyed dude banging black one.

LOL. About time, Chaos!

AlphaGyno

• Getbig II
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2014, 09:51:45 PM »

;D;D I laughed

AlphaGyno

• Getbig II
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »
 :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2014, 12:34:33 AM »
Presenting a new theory to people who don't believe what is presented makes no sense at all.

People here are not going to change what they believe so I am literally wasting my time

posting about any theories. That is fine because most of us take our false theories to our graves

oblivious of anything else that might have been better. Knowledge is usually advanced by a few

enlightened individuals. The majority of people will scoff, laugh and make fun of anyone who

discovers something new. I have a strange destiny but will forge ahead by myself unafraid of

obstacles and universal ignorance.

Go for it Vince.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2014, 06:33:56 AM »
Vince,

Whenever you're ready, feel free to post both a detailed explanation of your theory and also the article you published and the name of the journal under which it can be found.

This thread has gone on for long enough and we have yet to read about the theory and/or receive an article to closely examine.

"1"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2014, 06:38:59 AM »
Vince,

Whenever you're ready, feel free to post both a detailed explanation of your theory and also the article you published and the name of the journal under which it can be found.

This thread has gone on for long enough and we have yet to read about the theory and/or receive an article to closely examine.

"1"

There is no theory. Its the ramblings of a delusional, old, bitter man.
X

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2014, 07:30:18 AM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2014, 07:30:30 AM »
Vince,

"1"

No paper has been found in the England Journal of BroScience :-\

"The New England Journal Of BroScience is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes papers on original research, review articles, and case reports."

https://www.facebook.com/nejbroscience/info?tab=page_info

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2014, 07:34:57 AM »

I don't understand. This thread was created 3 days ago with Vince boasting about his being an expert.

He wrote these gems:

I am twice as old as this guy and my adult experience is probably 4 times what he has gone through.

I now believe it takes an expert in hypertrophy to recognize another expert. There you are.

No wonder the lads here don't listen to what I have to say. They disregard my experience and ability to solve problems.

They literally have no clue about the science.

Disbelievers, scoffers, and broscience authorities need not contaminate this thread with negativity.

Even after boasting about his "expertise" and even after having made this thread 3 days ago, there is still no theory presented or article that we could critique and properly analyze.

"1"

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2014, 07:41:01 AM »
Van B and MrTurbo both nailed Vince's theory of hypertrophy - keep the muscle constantly sore. DOMS is all that matters. Don't stop until you injure the muscle.

I'm not even joking.
O

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2014, 08:04:14 AM »
Isn't a muscle growing and repairing after the sore stage, when it's recovered from being broken down? If it's constantly sore when can it repair?
Van B and MrTurbo both nailed Vince's theory of hypertrophy - keep the muscle constantly sore. DOMS is all that matters. Don't stop until you injure the muscle.

I'm not even joking.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2014, 08:15:12 AM »
I have a theory that Basile is an imbecile.

I'm an expert in stupidity and nobody has refuted my theory, so it must be true.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2014, 08:26:13 AM »

He won't recover.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2014, 10:13:06 AM »

Honestly, I like your pictures, but that processed blue horizon looks almost as horrible as your blue (pardon) navy fonts.

That's right, you do nothing but claiming, pretending and whining. Regarding age, YOU might learn something from those 'young fellows', but first you need to give up your bitterness, since that leads to nothing.

Thank you, and what you?

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2014, 11:46:56 AM »
Vince,

please elaborate on your thoughts regarding the precise relationship between persistent DOMS and maximum hypertrophy

what did you notice?

what exactly is going on here?
"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2014, 12:37:28 PM »
Vince,

please elaborate on your thoughts regarding the precise relationship between persistent DOMS and maximum hypertrophy

what did you notice?

what exactly is going on here?

x2

Whenever you're ready Vince...

"1"

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2014, 12:42:01 PM »
x2

Whenever you're ready Vince...

"1"
i better dont hold my breath on that one

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2014, 12:59:39 PM »
why not focus on building a machine that would make our dicks bigger, we can get bigger biceps with some weights and steroids

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2014, 01:25:46 PM »

I'm not even joking.

He's had exactly one subject he's tested his theory on: himself. That's not science. Even worse, in several decades he never managed to improve on his Dianabol physique. So where is the evidence or the "science"? He cites Mike Mentzer often but Mike wasn't a scientist, he was some kind of philosopher I guess or more correctly had a "philosophical" outlook on things.

Basile did admit fairly recently that an increase in training loads is a factor in hypertrophy and I agree, that's what the research suggests. How soreness factors into hypertrophy I don't know as we know soreness is not necessary to grow. Some people don't get sore, even Vince's idol Mentzer said he never got sore except when starting training after a lay-off. Soreness might be a good "sign" I guess but regardless of levels of soreness if the training loads keep increasing you are growing (if a few other factors are kept constant, such as TUT or volume etc).