Author Topic: Low Carb/Keto lifestyle for skinny fat and endos?  (Read 29978 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Low Carb/Keto lifestyle for skinny fat and endos?
« on: February 02, 2015, 06:23:06 AM »
Im sooo sick of cutting cals to get to 8-10 percent bf.

I need a lifestyle change. Is Keto healthy in the long
Run? Is it possible to run it year round during "bulks" and "cuts"?
I want to be lean year round. So sick of being self conscious of my flab in winter and then struggling to maintain low BF during summer.

And by keto I dont mean chowing on cheap bacon from disgusting and unethical factories, or 80/20 conventional cheap burger patties from costco. Im talking fish, veggies, nuts, some eggs and chicken and grass fed meats

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
Re: Low Carb/Keto lifestyle for skinny fat and endos?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 06:46:55 AM »
I hate to break it to you, but either you have the genetics to stay lean or you have to eat next to nothing or if you want to carry sizes then you got to eat clean cardio and lift intense. No short cuts

No a Keto lifestyle year round would not work very well as your body does not turn fat in to energy as well as carbs. It like 60-70% as proficient with fatwas it is carbs when it come to energy.

So unless you want your brain and body running on 60% energy year round don't do it

Also some peoples muscles can take Keto othets can't. For me it eats them fast for my friend she diets Keto and dosnt loss much 

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 07:34:04 AM »
I hate to break it to you, but either you have the genetics to stay lean or you have to eat next to nothing or if you want to carry sizes then you got to eat clean cardio and lift intense. No short cuts

No a Keto lifestyle year round would not work very well as your body does not turn fat in to energy as well as carbs. It like 60-70% as proficient with fatwas it is carbs when it come to energy.

So unless you want your brain and body running on 60% energy year round don't do it

Also some peoples muscles can take Keto othets can't. For me it eats them fast for my friend she diets Keto and dosnt loss much 

Ive read that brain does fine on keto but im sure there is tons of conflicting thought on that. Im just sick of eating 2600 kcals , which is nothing, and still getting flabby with cardio 5 days a week and heavy 3 days a week of full body compound lifting. I am lean on 1600-1800 cals, which female fitness models eat more

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 07:47:36 AM »
Will tell you what I tell everyone else.
Time your carbs before, during after training, rest of the day/meals are protein+fat.

Ez on paper, just needs monk like consistency.

Got love handles? Yohimbe. Use fat burners, clen is awesome. If you live in the US, plenty of research sites to get it.

?

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 07:54:48 AM »
I do keto with a refeed or two a week (usually just one though). I am bulking now using that diet and its going well. Staying relatively lean, calories are nice and high for me (about 2.5 - 3k), strength is good (as good as when I used to bulk on carbs and held more fat), feeling good overall, too. I'm naturally an endo and I feel like endos do well on a CKD for bulking and cutting (caloric difference and energy expenditure will end up giving you the desired result).
The only thing that annoys me is I get cold all the time, I'm guessing its because the body is working inefficiently as it metabolises fats and proteins for energy. And when I do my refeed I sweat uncontrollably haha.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 08:02:47 AM »
Time your carbs before, during after training, rest of the day/meals are protein+fat.

Got love handles? Yohimbe. Use fat burners, clen is awesome. If you live in the US, plenty of research sites to get it.

I need a lifestyle of diet, not a life long clen binge. Clen is bad for heart so im gonna stay away. I need a long term solution

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »
I do keto with a refeed or two a week (usually just one though). I am bulking now using that diet and its going well. Staying relatively lean, calories are nice and high for me (about 2.5 - 3k), strength is good (as good as when I used to bulk on carbs and held more fat), feeling good overall, too. I'm naturally an endo and I feel like endos do well on a CKD for bulking and cutting (caloric difference and energy expenditure will end up giving you the desired result).
The only thing that annoys me is I get cold all the time, I'm guessing its because the body is working inefficiently as it metabolises fats and proteins for energy. And when I do my refeed I sweat uncontrollably haha.

Interesting. Are you natural?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 08:06:02 AM »

I agree with everything here except the Clen. I do all of this, eat "paleo" for every other meal of the day besides pre and post workout. Best sustainable stay-lean diet I can think of.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 08:07:51 AM »
I need a lifestyle of diet, not a life long clen binge. Clen is bad for heart so im gonna stay away. I need a long term solution

Now you are just repeating what all the other dongs are saying about the clen.... It's HOW you use it that makes it dangerous.

So use ephedrine if you don't like clen.

My eating solution is a long term solution.

?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 08:29:06 AM »
Now you are just repeating what all the other dongs are saying about the clen.... It's HOW you use it that makes it dangerous.

So use ephedrine if you don't like clen.

My eating solution is a long term solution.

Ive actually tried the eating approach. Didnt get much from it. bF stayed relatively the same. Do you really need carbs pre and post? Or is it pseudo science?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 08:39:08 AM »
Ive actually tried the eating approach. Didnt get much from it. bF stayed relatively the same. Do you really need carbs pre and post? Or is it pseudo science?

You tell me. TRain with them, then without. MOst do better with.

You sound like you have low test syndrome (not being smart ass...) if diet, training can't get you in shape, something is off here.

Thyroid? Dunno...
?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 08:53:25 AM »
I don't see why super low carb is necessary unless you're dieting down for a show, or trying to make weight for something, and want to keep calories to an absolute minimum.

150 grams of carbs is 600 cals. Unless your forcing it, you're probably not gonna eat much more than 150 grams of protein. That brings the total to 1200 cals, leaving only fats and alcohol. How much cheese can you eat?

So, if you limit starchy carbs, don't be a drunken moron, and do some cardio, running in particular, that should be enough to maintain reasonable bodyfat levels year round, without Ketosis.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »
You tell me. TRain with them, then without. MOst do better with.

You sound like you have low test syndrome (not being smart ass...) if diet, training can't get you in shape, something is off here.

Thyroid? Dunno...

Thyroid is good, on TRT. Actually cycling right now on just adex and 700mg of cyp.
Cardio, hiit and jogging. Full body lifts 3 x a week. Im not eating clean, but its mainly rice, tilapia, beef and sweet potatoz. Cheat meal a couple times a week. I seriously think its just genetics at this point, ive been thick skinned my entire life

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 09:09:40 AM »
Interesting. Are you natural?

I just started super dmz 3.0 I had sitting around for a while, but I only started last week, so I've been doing this diet as a natty for a while, yes.
If you're naturally skinny I wouldn't suggest keto, especially if you have a bad appetite, you'll shrivel up into nothing. But if you're a naturally fat fuck like me and don't have a stop button when eating (I no longer allow myself into buffets), then keto seems to be the best way to eat.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 09:15:31 AM »
can the full body shit.
Do a split.

last time you took a week off the gym???
?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 09:28:33 AM »
When Lou Ferrigno was 18 he tried a one year bulk to add muscle mass, by eating anything and everything he could get his hands on and stuff down his throat. Mostly carbohydrates, so it was a fat building diet. He went from 220# to 305#, then he went on what he called a "Hellish" three month cut phase. How much muscle did he add in that year and three months? Two whole pounds!

Keto/low carb, is also a high fat diet. If you go with low carb, and low fat, then your body will hoard its body fat. That's the way your body works in losing or maintaining/accumulating body fat.

What works is 50% fat/40% protein/less that 10% carbs, everyday and at each feeding. Grains and root crops are nothing but body fat builders.

If you're natty keto will work for you that way. You need to get proper rest for your body too. You may be over doing the exercise.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 09:31:27 AM »
can the full body shit.
Do a split.

last time you took a week off the gym???

I recently started the full body, its helping my glutes and quads to grow for sure. Took a week off late december.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 09:40:38 AM »
If on 700mg test and no gains. Yikes man.
Time to rethink everything ur doing...
?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 09:48:39 AM »
If on 700mg test and no gains. Yikes man.
Time to rethink everything ur doing...

Im making gains pretty rapidly, but im not hardening up. Fat levels remain same and likely increasing. Lifts and BW going up daily

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 09:52:52 AM »
Im making gains pretty rapidly, but im not hardening up. Fat levels remain same and likely increasing. Lifts and BW going up daily

then all is good. Don't expect to be a Greek god after one cycle. But 700mg test by now, should have you up by 20lbs.  Stop worrying about being lean for now.  Otherwise, you will just be spinning your wheels...
?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 09:56:14 AM »
When Lou Ferrigno was 18 he tried a one year bulk to add muscle mass, by eating anything and everything he could get his hands on and stuff down his throat. Mostly carbohydrates, so it was a fat building diet. He went from 220# to 305#, then he went on what he called a "Hellish" three month cut phase. How much muscle did he add in that year and three months? Two whole pounds!

Keto/low carb, is also a high fat diet. If you go with low carb, and low fat, then your body will hoard its body fat. That's the way your body works in losing or maintaining/accumulating body fat.

What works is 50% fat/40% protein/less that 10% carbs, everyday and at each feeding. Grains and root crops are nothing but body fat builders.

If you're natty keto will work for you that way. You need to get proper rest for your body too. You may be over doing the exercise.

Any examples of a 50/40/10 diet??

where are your 10% carbs coming from if not grains/root crops? Fruit?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 10:09:41 AM »
Any examples of a 50/40/10 diet??

where are your 10% carbs coming from if not grains/root crops? Fruit?

Not fruit, fructose is extremely fattening. Green vegetables, broccoli, cabbage, brusselsprouts, etc. (No spinach, asparagus once every couple of weeks) steam the veggies, cover with butter. Use a plain, no crap in it, whey isolate mixed in heavy cream. Old timers did that before the drug era. Eat fatty meats. Eat eggs. Eat fish. Eating Fat is not the enemy. Eating Carbs makes body fat. 50/40/10 is self explanatory.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 10:17:00 AM »
then all is good. Don't expect to be a Greek god after one cycle. But 700mg test by now, should have you up by 20lbs.  Stop worrying about being lean for now.  Otherwise, you will just be spinning your wheels...

I guess you are right. Im about week 5-6 now, i just hate looking flabby, its a mind fuck. I dont "look like im
On" anything. Just perma bulker kinda style

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 10:19:26 AM »
I guess you are right. Im about week 5-6 now, i just hate looking flabby, its a mind fuck. I dont "look like im
On" anything. Just perma bulker kinda style

Well think long term and being a bigger version of what you are now. By summer. If you keep changing strategies everytime you gain or lose weight, you will end up the same.

Good luck, read up in the nutrition section perhaps. Something tells me you can top up some knowledge there!
?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 11:13:06 AM »
Not fruit, fructose is extremely fattening. Green vegetables, broccoli, cabbage, brusselsprouts, etc. (No spinach, asparagus once every couple of weeks) steam the veggies, cover with butter. Use a plain, no crap in it, whey isolate mixed in heavy cream. Old timers did that before the drug era. Eat fatty meats. Eat eggs. Eat fish. Eating Fat is not the enemy. Eating Carbs makes body fat. 50/40/10 is self explanatory.

yeah.... seems like a Vince Gironda type diet. Except even he recommended that type of eating only be done for 4-6 weeks at a time from what I remember.