Author Topic: Low Carb/Keto lifestyle for skinny fat and endos?  (Read 29900 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Low Carb/Keto lifestyle for skinny fat and endos?
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2015, 02:53:56 PM »
If fat doesn't contribute to bodyfat, why have bodybuilders been pulling the skin off chicken and separating the whites from the yolks for all these years?

Has it all been for nothing?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2015, 03:00:56 PM »
So on the flip side, how would someone eat a low fat diet and still get enough healthy fats in for heart health?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »
So on the flip side, how would someone eat a low fat diet and still get enough healthy fats in for heart health?

they take lots of fish oil caps, but that is kinda extreme and not done for long periods of time.
?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2015, 03:13:10 PM »
If fat doesn't contribute to bodyfat, why have bodybuilders been pulling the skin off chicken and separating the whites from the yolks for all these years?

Has it all been for nothing?

Yes! For Nothing! And, they threw away a lot of valuable fat that the body needs in the process.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »
I was on a keto diet for my last show, I did 8 weeks straight with only 2 refeed meals, I will say that it got me shredded but its a mindfuck at times, my body was making progress fast weekly, sometimes daily, but I had no pump whatsoever when training, if you can get past that part mentally, then you are golden, but my fats were high, lots of grass fed beef, salmon, avocado, brazil nuts, omega 3 eggs, mac nut oil.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2015, 03:38:14 PM »
I was on a keto diet for my last show, I did 8 weeks straight with only 2 refeed meals, I will say that it got me shredded but its a mindfuck at times, my body was making progress fast weekly, sometimes daily, but I had no pump whatsoever when training, if you can get past that part mentally, then you are golden, but my fats were high, lots of grass fed beef, salmon, avocado, brazil nuts, omega 3 eggs, mac nut oil.
U looked great in the end.maybe sacrificed a little fullness,but for a natural you held on to some size.u went for condition.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2015, 03:43:32 PM »
keto, no keto, carbs, no carbs whatever.  it comes down to one factor.

Your calorie useage > than calorie intake.  As you lean up and lose fat you need to also reduce your cals so you don't plateau.  It is nature at its best.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2015, 03:49:40 PM »
U looked great in the end.maybe sacrificed a little fullness,but for a natural you held on to some size.u went for condition.
agreed, in the end its all about condition, that's all you have control of anyway, you can't really control how big you can get, but everyone can get completely shredded, you just have to have the discipline and not stray from the diet.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »
keto, no keto, carbs, no carbs whatever.  it comes down to one factor.

Your calorie useage > than calorie intake.  As you lean up and lose fat you need to also reduce your cals so you don't plateau.  It is nature at its best.

NO! It's where the calories come from, that determines body fat %. If your calories mainly come from carbs, you get body fat. Cut the carbs out of your diet and body fat % goes down.

Another important thing about an extremely low carb diet is that it only burns off body fat.

All other diets burn down muscle tissue, and other body parts too. Not good.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »
NO! It's where the calories come from, that determines body fat %. If your calories mainly come from carbs, you get body fat. Cut the carbs out of your diet and body fat % goes down.

Another important thing about an extremely low carb diet is that it only burns off body fat.

All other diets burn down muscle tissue, and other body parts too. Not good.

Calories are not calories, it's all how fats,sugars, carbs and protein interacted and are used in the body.  Timing of the macro is also very important.

Fats help regulate hormones, sugars spike insulin as do carbs. They effect the body in completely differeht ways
When you have a surplus of overall caloric intake you will gain weight.

There is also insulin sensitivities, natural hormone levels, thyroid function and metabolism. All these effect how much and what of you should be eating   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2015, 05:12:26 PM »
That is the establishment lie, but not true. If you eat the things that make body fat, then you will be fat. Eating carbs is what makes you fat. There are plenty of porkers out there counting calories, on low carb diets, and never lose a pound. That's because eating carbs is what makes you fat.
::)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »

Sorry, I meant "on high carb diets", not low carb diets.  I deleted the incorrect post.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2015, 05:15:48 PM »

So if I go Keto and eat 4000 cals of fats I won't get fat? Calories it a measurement for energy if you don't but off that energy you gain weight. I thought that was the foundation of basic deiting. What I mevtioned above is the complexity of deiting

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2015, 05:18:42 PM »
This thread is a gathering place for misinformation/myths by Erik c.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2015, 05:18:48 PM »
Sorry, I meant "on high carb diets", not low carb diets.  I deleted the incorrect post.

That's not true either. I'm on 300g of carbs and I'm pretty lean. The amount of carbs you can diet depends on what is your coloric "ceiling". If you builds some one ceiling up through reverse dieting you can work with more carbs. That amount of muscle also depends on how much calories you can burn as more require more to maintain

Now some people have a shit metabolism, low thyroid functions, make a lot more estrogen and are low on insulin sensitivity then others. Those are the reasons they can't diet on high carbs

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2015, 05:22:50 PM »
So if I go Keto and eat 4000 cals of fats I won't get fat? Calories it a measurement for energy if you don't but off that energy you gain weight. I thought that was the foundation of basic deiting. What I mevtioned above is the complexity of deiting

The complexity of dieting is that fats and proteins are what builds and repairs every part of your body. That's why there are essential fatty acids and essential amino acids, fats and proteins. There are no essential carbohydrates, none. They serve no useful purpose in the body, so they either are used immediately for energy, or stored as glycogen, or turned into body fat, as there is absolutely nothing else that they are used for in the human body. You can easily live without eating any carbs at all. Eskimos, Laplanders, and Siberian Tungus people did that for thousands of years and survived quite well in extremely harsh conditions.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 05:25:43 PM »
The complexity of dieting is that fats and proteins are what builds and repairs every part of your body. That's why there are essential fatty acids and essential amino acids, fats and proteins. There are no essential carbohydrates, none. They serve no useful purpose in the body, so they either are used immediately for energy, or stored as glycogen, or turned into body fat, as there is absolutely nothing else that they are used for in the human body. You can easily live without eating any carbs at all. Eskimos, Laplanders, and Siberian Tungus people did that for thousands of years and survived quite well in extremely harsh conditions.

Yes sir I agree with you on that. I read some where that carbs are actually came part of humans diet after they started farming before that there wasn't really any

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 05:51:11 PM »
You can live without eyeglasses and contact lenses too you know. 

You people are morons.  Humans subsisted off of carbs mainly as they were gathers moreso than hunters.  The majority of the human diet was based off of roots, berries and barely edible fruits.  Hunting and meat did not make up the majority of the early human diet.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2015, 05:53:14 PM »
Fruits, grains, tubers, and mushrooms, insect larvae and aquatic mollusks was the main source of nutrition for early humans.  Mostly carbs.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2015, 05:54:30 PM »
Yes sir I agree with you on that. I read some where that carbs are actually came part of humans diet after they started farming before that there wasn't really any
I read that people did not always have eyeglasses and contact lenses and it wasn`t until they invented them that people could see better.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2015, 06:24:58 PM »
I read that people did not always have eyeglasses and contact lenses and it wasn`t until they invented them that people could see better.

I heard that before they started eating carbs, their eye sight was perfect, and they didn't need eye glasses, nor contacts.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »
You can live without eyeglasses and contact lenses too you know. 

You people are morons.  Humans subsisted off of carbs mainly as they were gathers moreso than hunters.  The majority of the human diet was based off of roots, berries and barely edible fruits.  Hunting and meat did not make up the majority of the early human diet.
You're talking about hominids, not modern homo sapiens sapiens.

North of the Arctic Circle, how long is the ripe barely edible fruit's and berry's season? 

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2015, 06:39:09 PM »

North of the Arctic Circle, how long is the ripe barely edible fruit's and berry's season? 

erik dropping some education

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2015, 06:45:43 PM »

Yes because Homo Sapiens did not originate out of Africa and live the majority of their time in similar environments.

Morons.  As usual.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2015, 06:46:57 PM »
erik dropping some education
Yeah, if you are a moron and want wrong information.  Go with him.  Seems you like to be incorrect.