Author Topic: Low Carb/Keto lifestyle for skinny fat and endos?  (Read 30099 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Low Carb/Keto lifestyle for skinny fat and endos?
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2015, 04:43:31 PM »
Do you get funnier in ketosis?  (I hope so.)

yes, I'm much more funny while in ketosis

that is one of the well documented benefits

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2015, 04:55:16 PM »
yes, I'm much more funny while in ketosis

that is one of the well documented benefits
Let me know when this happens.  I must witness this.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2015, 04:57:02 PM »
Let me know when this happens.  I must witness this.

As in the past it would still be over your head

My time would be better spent showing my dog a card trick

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2015, 05:03:32 PM »
As in the past it would still be over your head

My time would be better spent showing my dog a card trick
Dogs actually LOVE magic tricks!  I put on a magic show about a month ago for my Greyhound.  He had a little hat and everything.  Here is one of the videos I used.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2015, 05:06:46 PM »

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2015, 05:29:48 PM »
Dogs actually LOVE magic tricks!  I put on a magic show about a month ago for my Greyhound.  He had a little hat and everything.  Here is one of the videos I used.

We need more useful, on topic information. Could you let your dog post from now on instead of you?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2015, 05:41:27 PM »

My dog made this and wanted me to post it.

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2015, 06:40:37 PM »
no, I actually maintained my strength even though I was losing weight, by the end of the prep I dropped about 20 pounds, my lifts were on par at with what I was lifting in the off season, but no pump, which just messes with you mentally.

Did you monitor calories? Made sure you were in a deficit?

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2015, 06:47:10 PM »
Watched this last year. It was revealing how the Mongolians prefer to eat the fat above everything else. No access to any tubers there due to the harsh conditions.

Father of Bodybuilding

« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2015, 09:30:53 PM »
I just tried the anabolic diet this last month

I ate 4000 cals per day, and despite loosing weight, after 4 weeks I was looking like fucking shit.

after the first 2 carbs up, I was gaining all my fulness back.

but the 3rd and 4th week, I was carbing up and still looked hyper flat and bad

switched back to my old way of dieting, high carbs mod protein low fat

Advice from the Father: Poutine is not anabolic. "La Belle Province" or otherwise.

This may have been your dietary problem my friend.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2015, 11:38:50 AM »

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2015, 11:49:05 AM »
From a health point of view its terrible to be on a high fat diet (even healthy fats) if you are taking steroids, will play havoc with your cholesterol. That is why most juiced bodybuilders will opt for low fat diets.

If you are natty its not so bad to do keto but u will lose a ton of muscle. (nature of the beast)

I find intermittent fasting to be the best of all diets. Fast for 18 hours a day, then eat something like 40:40: 20 within your caloric allowance before bedtime in one or two meals max.

This greatly helps if you suffer from insomnia and you wake up fresh as apposed to starved on Keto and is just very convenient way to eat  if you busy lifestyle.

Also intermittent fasting jacks up your natty GH levels like crazy as proven by science.

LOL..................... ................
?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2015, 11:49:30 AM »
From a health point of view its terrible to be on a high fat diet (even healthy fats) if you are taking steroids, will play havoc with your cholesterol. That is why most juiced bodybuilders will opt for low fat diets.

If you are natty its not so bad to do keto but u will lose a ton of muscle. (nature of the beast)

I find intermittent fasting to be the best of all diets. Fast for 18 hours a day, then eat something like 40:40: 20 within your caloric allowance before bedtime in one or two meals max.

This greatly helps if you suffer from insomnia and you wake up fresh as apposed to starved on Keto and is just very convenient way to eat  if you busy lifestyle.

Also intermittent fasting jacks up your natty GH levels like crazy as proven by science.

Says the guy who made a video of himself eating a double meat cheeseburger and extra large fries at McDonalds while sauced to the gills.   ;)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2015, 11:51:49 AM »

::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2015, 11:54:53 AM »

Cheat meals don't count  :D

You fucked for like 6 hours straight the night before...I'll give you a pass on that one.  8)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2015, 12:00:19 PM »
LOL.....................................

X2

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2015, 12:01:30 PM »
Ok you can argue with my endocrinologist who just happens to have a PHD in steroidology about what a terrific idea it is from a health point of view to eat a high fat diet when on steroids  ::)

It's a fucking awful idea, you need to understand basic effects of steroids on the heart and cholesterol.  

The science is out there, so research it and educate yourself.

::)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »
Ok you can argue with my endocrinologist who just happens to have a PHD in steroidology about what a terrific idea it is from a health point of view to eat a high fat diet when on steroids  ::)

It's a fucking awful idea, you need to understand basic effects of steroids on the heart and cholesterol.  

The science is out there, so research it and educate yourself.

What is your endocrinologist's name? Just in case I ever need one, I want to avoid going to him/her.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2015, 12:17:24 PM »
If keto is so good, why are Eskimo's fat?

Shouldn't they just be able to walk on a stage anytime and win? AFter all, they do all sorts of "functional taining" by hunting and building igloo's.

Explain Guru's...
?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2015, 12:27:30 PM »

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2015, 12:28:39 PM »
If keto is so good, why are Eskimo's fat?

Shouldn't they just be able to walk on a stage anytime and win? AFter all, they do all sorts of "functional taining" by hunting and building igloo's.

Explain Guru's...

#1. It's a racial stereotype.

#2. Eskimos on their traditional diet aren't fat at all. Those that have become welfare bums and get food stamps, eat the processed high carb SAD (Standard American Diet), so of course they get fat.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »
The Ketogenic Diet helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy

The ketogenic diet is a special high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy.

Doctors usually recommend the ketogenic diet for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.

The typical ketogenic diet, called the "long-chain triglyceride diet," provides 3 to 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and protein.

Several studies have shown that the ketogenic diet does reduce or prevent seizures in many children whose seizures could not be controlled by medications.

What happens first?

Typically the diet is started in the hospital. The child usually begins by fasting (except for water) under close medical supervision for 24 hours. For instance, the child might go into the hospital on Monday, start fasting at 6 p.m. and continue to have only water until 6 a.m. on Tuesday. The diet is then started, either by slowly increasing the calories or the ratio. This is the typical Hopkins protocol.

There is growing evidence that fasting is probably not necessary for long-term efficacy, although it does lead to a quicker onset of ketosis.

The primary reason for admission in most centers is to monitor for any increase in seizures on the diet, ensure all medications are carbohydrate-free, and educate the families.

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/treating-seizures-and-epilepsy/dietary-therapies/ketogenic-diet

The Wrong Advices

• Getbig II
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2015, 12:59:46 PM »
From a health point of view its terrible to be on a high fat diet (even healthy fats)...will play havoc with your cholesterol.

Why should anyone be concerned with dietary intake of cholesterol? Or about cholesterol in general? Do you still believe cholesterol causes heart disease? Do you work for Big Pharma?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2015, 02:00:44 PM »
It's about mitigating risk factors for heart disease and stroke when on cycle and in general not compounding them.
High fat diets will increase your bad cholesterol (eating healthy fats is better but still doesn't change the fact that your bad cholesterol will go up regardless) clogging up ur arteries.

Steroids will decrease your good cholesterol levels.
Steroids will increase your Red Blood Cell count and hemocrit making your blood thicker which means your heart has to work harder.
Steroids will increase your resting heart rate, heart working harder again
Steroids will increase blood pressure.
Steroids will made your body weight go up, more work for the heart as well as cause water retention on high fat diet.

Eating high fat will increase blood pressure, as will sodium intake if its too high and also cause bloating.
Eating high protein, high fat will make your kidneys have to work all that much harder.

All in all eating a high fat high protein diet is the worst possible combination for heart disease and stroke when on steroids.

You can research it yourself any doctor or endocrinologist (such as mine with PHD in steroidology) who understands effects steroids and diet on heart will tell u the same.

Oh brother  ::)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2015, 02:13:04 PM »

You can research it yourself any doctor or endocrinologist (such as mine with PHD in steroidology) who understands effects steroids and diet on heart will tell u the same.[/color

"(such as mine with a PHD in steroidology)" LOLOLOL!

Maybe you should stay off the steroids.