Author Topic: "Were not coming for your guns", except when they are...  (Read 6966 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
"Were not coming for your guns", except when they are...
« on: October 16, 2015, 07:43:41 PM »
 ::) ::) ::)

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/27/9212725/australia-buyback?ref=yfp

Hillary Clinton praised Australia's gun control measures, which seized 650,000 guns

Hillary Clinton praised the gun control measures Australia adopted in 1996-'97 at a campaign stop Friday, saying, "It would be worth considering doing it on the national level," in the US. She stopped short of outright saying the US should copy the laws, but expressed sympathy with the idea. "I do not know enough detail to tell you how we would do it, or how would it work," she told a voter who asked about Australia, per a transcript from the Washington Free Beacon, "but certainly your example is worth looking at."

Its not clear whether she is just ignorant on knowing that it was a mandatory buy back or if she knows and doesnt care either way I dont want someone like that making decisions on my right.

Look for Hillary to back track on this soon

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: "Were not coming for your guns", except when they are...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 07:48:18 PM »
she is pandering to the base.   

Just like we all heard the repubs fundraise + sell guns by saying "obama will take our guns!" and all he did was deliver 23 points to make background checks better against crazy people.

Hilary wants to out-left bernie on guns, since he's pretty pro gun. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 07:58:07 PM »
::) ::) ::)

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/27/9212725/australia-buyback?ref=yfp

Hillary Clinton praised Australia's gun control measures, which seized 650,000 guns

Hillary Clinton praised the gun control measures Australia adopted in 1996-'97 at a campaign stop Friday, saying, "It would be worth considering doing it on the national level," in the US. She stopped short of outright saying the US should copy the laws, but expressed sympathy with the idea. "I do not know enough detail to tell you how we would do it, or how would it work," she told a voter who asked about Australia, per a transcript from the Washington Free Beacon, "but certainly your example is worth looking at."

Its not clear whether she is just ignorant on knowing that it was a mandatory buy back or if she knows and doesnt care either way I dont want someone like that making decisions on my right.

Look for Hillary to back track on this soon

Why did you return? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 07:59:05 PM »
she is pandering to the base.   

Just like we all heard the repubs fundraise + sell guns by saying "obama will take our guns!" and all he did was deliver 23 points to make background checks better against crazy people.

Hilary wants to out-left bernie on guns, since he's pretty pro gun. 
so youre saying you believe Hilary wouldnt ban any guns given the chance?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »
Why did you return? 
I see youre still contributing great insight and relevant info

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 08:48:38 PM »

"given the chance"?  LMAO come on, we'd all bang supermodels and rob Fort knox, "given the chance".   

"Given the chance" is hypothetical and silly.  What I'm saying is that (especially up against Repub house & senate) hilary won't do shit against guns.  Even obama, with nothing to lose politically, didn't do anything with his 23 points.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 12:40:12 PM »
"given the chance"?  LMAO come on, we'd all bang supermodels and rob Fort knox, "given the chance".   

"Given the chance" is hypothetical and silly.  What I'm saying is that (especially up against Repub house & senate) hilary won't do shit against guns.  Even obama, with nothing to lose politically, didn't do anything with his 23 points.   
obama has tried at every turn to impose restrictions on guns, you dont think hilary will?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 05:45:02 PM »
obama has tried at every turn to impose restrictions on guns, you dont think hilary will?

"has tried"?

It's been 6+ years.  What gun rights has obama taken?  Or how has he "tried"?  Other than giving speeches to get his donors all hot and bothered.

I have heard this since Bush 1... "Dems will take our guns", and YES the AWB did JUST THAT.  Bush2 wished it could stay in place, Reagan supported it.

BUT OBAMA?  Americans have had assault weapons rights for 100% of his presidency. 

So aside from what obama 'wants' - LMAO - what has he done which actually affect us?  Cause he can "want" to be the king of the universe and drink cognac all day, but it's reality we're talking about.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 05:59:22 PM »
I own an assault rifle, because I can. Not sure why I felt the need, but sometimes I like to piss away money, so I bought an AR-15. I love America.  I also love lamp.

absfabs

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 05:47:18 PM »
More armed government bureaucrats, less free citizens and all cop evils are ok but shoot 1 cop in self defense and wooaaa nelly..    government bureaucrats ego sky high

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 06:04:58 PM »
"has tried"?

It's been 6+ years.  What gun rights has obama taken?  Or how has he "tried"?  Other than giving speeches to get his donors all hot and bothered.

I have heard this since Bush 1... "Dems will take our guns", and YES the AWB did JUST THAT.  Bush2 wished it could stay in place, Reagan supported it.

BUT OBAMA?  Americans have had assault weapons rights for 100% of his presidency. 

So aside from what obama 'wants' - LMAO - what has he done which actually affect us?  Cause he can "want" to be the king of the universe and drink cognac all day, but it's reality we're talking about.
not being able to do something is very different than not wanting to do something.

I think even a short sighted flip flopper like you can understand that eventually their will be a time when a democratic president will have the ability to push their agenda through, how do you know that time wont be if hilary is put in charge?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 11:09:25 PM »
not being able to do something is very different than not wanting to do something.

I think most leaders, from both parties, are psychos.

They probably "want" to exploit every person/resource and get rich doing it.

I think most would sell half the population for scrap and embezzle the rest.

Who gives an F what any politician "wants"?   At the end of obama's presidency, our guns will be just as safe as they were at the end of bush's presidency.   In fact, we lived thru 3 years of assault weapons ban under Bush, and zero years of it under Obama.  

So yeah, I don't care what any man "wants" - I only care about what happens in the real world, outside of his mind.   Most people "want" to bang models and shoot annoying people and steal what they want and eat steak all day, etc.   But they dont do it.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 09:33:06 AM »
I think most leaders, from both parties, are psychos.

They probably "want" to exploit every person/resource and get rich doing it.

I think most would sell half the population for scrap and embezzle the rest.

Who gives an F what any politician "wants"?   At the end of obama's presidency, our guns will be just as safe as they were at the end of bush's presidency.   In fact, we lived thru 3 years of assault weapons ban under Bush, and zero years of it under Obama. 

So yeah, I don't care what any man "wants" - I only care about what happens in the real world, outside of his mind.   Most people "want" to bang models and shoot annoying people and steal what they want and eat steak all day, etc.   But they dont do it. 
Why did you ignore the rest of my post???
I think even a short sighted flip flopper like you can understand that eventually their will be a time when a democratic president will have the ability to push their agenda through, how do you know that time wont be if hilary is put in charge?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 10:27:09 AM »
"I think even a short sighted flip flopper like you can understand that eventually their will be a time when a democratic president will have the ability to push their agenda through, how do you know that time wont be if hilary is put in charge?"

obama has always been way more liberal than hilary.  and he didn't even go after guns.   even when he owned both houses.

it'll never happen.  obama did a lot of liberal shit but never went at guns, aside from better background checks.  he even left gunshow loophole in place.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 11:04:51 AM »
The 2nd amendment is not going to get repealed.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 11:45:48 AM »
I love this, the leftist apologists always say 'they aren't going to take your guns'! no matter how obvious it is they are trying to incrementally get to that eventuality...now we have the leading Dem presidential candidate suggesting she would look into trying the Australian mandatory confiscation strategy and these idiots are still saying...

'they are not after your guns!!'  ::)

how much more clear could it be? this is straight from hillarys own mouth...Obama has also admitted the saem...so has diane feinstein...

the Democrats and their apologists(240) are in sheer denial about this even though it is right up in their face

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 11:49:34 AM »
The 2nd amendment is not going to get repealed.

they don't have to repeal it, they just have to chip away with ticky-tack laws and fees/penalties/licenses at the discretion of bureaucrats until gun ownership becomes so onerous and expensive that virtually everyone but the rich/elite can even do it anymore.

that is their game plan.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 11:49:48 AM »
can anyone tell us what gun rights were taken away during the obama admin?   please?

what increments have they taken?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 11:51:05 AM »
they don't have to repeal it, they just have to chip away with ticky-tack laws and fees/penalties/licenses at the discretion of bureaucrats until gun ownership becomes so onerous and expensive that virtually everyone but the rich/elite can even do it anymore.

that is their game plan.

what little chips has obama given us?   he had congress too - sky was the limit.

all i hear are either vague "you don't understand" or cut-pasted list of things like "better information for mentally-adjucated people with restraining orders for background checks", which I think ALL of us agree with .   Obama didn't even go after the gunshow loophole.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »
the fact that you are repeating 'gunshow loophole' says it all...

there is no such thing and never has been. the leftists just keep repeating it over and over. luckily, most of Obama/Feinstein's legislation was voted down nationally...but look at states like maryland, Connecticut, new York, and even Colorado where BS restrictive legislation was rammed through despite no one ever explaining what exactly it would achieve other than the twin democratic pillars of 'do something!' and 'stick it to gun owners!'

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 12:00:47 PM »

that is their game plan.

What exactly have they been doing?

Can you give some examples of these ticky tack laws, fees and penalties?  Are any of these alleged penalties over the top or excessive?  Hell, here in Northern California, by where i live a Ammo store opened in 2008 and still open.   Also there was still an annual gun show this weekend.  So, guns commerce must be good.

Obama from what i understand, was given an "F" from the BRady campaign to prevent gun violence where he actually expanded gun laws  http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/76717-gun-control-group-gives-obama-an-f

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 12:18:25 PM »
What exactly have they been doing?

Can you give some examples of these ticky tack laws, fees and penalties?  Are any of these alleged penalties over the top or excessive?  Hell, here in Northern California, by where i live a Ammo store opened in 2008 and still open.   Also there was still an annual gun show this weekend.  So, guns commerce must be good.

Obama from what i understand, was given an "F" from the BRady campaign to prevent gun violence where he actually expanded gun laws  http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/76717-gun-control-group-gives-obama-an-f

look up the laws enacted by the states I mentioned in 2013. I don't have time to sit here and write out all the laws, but they basically included banning/mandatory registration of arbitrarily-designated 'scary-looking rifles', the banning of any magazine holding more than 7 rounds (effectively making 90+% of all standard-issue, standard size magazines illegal and all the regular citizens who owned them felons if they didn't  get rid of them, effectively making the vast majority of modern, popular guns unusable), NY gov Cuomo publically stated there was 'no place in new York for those who own semi-auto rifles' ,Colorado enacted similar magazine limits and gun-registrations which led the the recall of several state legislators, California, Illinois, and many other states are always trying to make nonsensical laws that while technically still allow people to buy some guns, make things so ridiculous that theres almost no point, such as making you keep them inside the house, and if transporting to your car or in your car it must be totally separate from any bullets and be in a specifically-required locked box, some places even say 'you can have___guns are home but even in the house they must be disassembled and locked up, shit like this that makes it so onerous and pointless to even have a gun in the first place, Oregon recently enacted a Universal Registration meaning that even private transactions between individuals is government regulated..the dems rah-rah'ed this as a success on 'gun safety' of course, but it did absolutely to stop the recent Oregon shooter Nut.
None of this stuff has any effect whatsoever on crime or actual criminals, the sole purpose is to harass regular American gun owners so much that they will eventually just give up on it.

notice the recent rebranding of 'Gun Control' to 'Gun Safety'. that is all you hear now, from Dem politicians and in every article. it is a completet, top-down REBRANDING the same exact way 'Global Warming' became 'Climate Change', they couldn't sell their fact-less BS no matter how hard they tried so they have to completely re-brand it

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 12:45:34 PM »
look up the laws enacted by the states I mentioned in 2013. I don't have time to sit here and write out all the laws, but they basically included banning/mandatory registration of arbitrarily-designated 'scary-looking rifles', the banning of any magazine holding more than 7 rounds (effectively making 90+% of all standard-issue, standard size magazines illegal and all the regular citizens who owned them felons if they didn't  get rid of them, effectively making the vast majority of modern, popular guns unusable), NY gov Cuomo publically stated there was 'no place in new York for those who own semi-auto rifles' ,Colorado enacted similar magazine limits and gun-registrations which led the the recall of several state legislators, California, Illinois, and many other states are always trying to make nonsensical laws that while technically still allow people to buy some guns, make things so ridiculous that theres almost no point, such as making you keep them inside the house, and if transporting to your car or in your car it must be totally separate from any bullets and be in a specifically-required locked box, some places even say 'you can have___guns are home but even in the house they must be disassembled and locked up, shit like this that makes it so onerous and pointless to even have a gun in the first place, Oregon recently enacted a Universal Registration meaning that even private transactions between individuals is government regulated..the dems rah-rah'ed this as a success on 'gun safety' of course, but it did absolutely to stop the recent Oregon shooter Nut.
None of this stuff has any effect whatsoever on crime or actual criminals, the sole purpose is to harass regular American gun owners so much that they will eventually just give up on it.

notice the recent rebranding of 'Gun Control' to 'Gun Safety'. that is all you hear now, from Dem politicians and in every article. it is a completet, top-down REBRANDING the same exact way 'Global Warming' became 'Climate Change', they couldn't sell their fact-less BS no matter how hard they tried so they have to completely re-brand it

California's magazine capacity is 10, so is New York.  Colorado's is 15.   Not sure why you stated "7 rounds"  In which state is it 7 rounds?

What Cumo said, doesn't mean much in this discussion because i am asking what exactly has been set into law.  I am sure we could dig up all sorts of stuff of what people say, but until laws are passed it don't me jack.

What California and other states are "always trying to make" is also moot in this discussion because we are talking about laws that have been passed and there will always be a group of peeps against all guns who will try and always pass stupid laws in most states.  Except prolly Montana, Wyoming, Kansas, etc.  

In my mind, keeping ammo and guns separated when traveling with them is not unreasonable and doesn't support your  "laws that make it so only rich people can have guns" argument.

Regarding your "sole purpose" argument.  This is gun regulation.   Some of it seems ok.  If you have a loaded gun in your house and have children you are an idiot.  It should be illegal.  If you don't have kids and want a loaded gun in your house how are the police going to know if they don't enough probable cause to search your house with a warrant?  This seems like something that doesn't need to get all up in arms about.

It seems like you are buying into right wing propaganda here.  You are off on magazine limits and don't seem to realize that 42 states don't have magazine limits.  

I am pro 2nd amendment.  Always will be.  But i don't see anything too out of line happening.  Maybe i am wrong.  But what i do see is a lot of fear propaganda when it comes to gun control.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 12:58:19 PM »

It would require ratifying the constitution which is no easy task and not within the power of a president to do.  She's just saying what people want to hear at the time, much like she has done in the past and flip flops when general consensus changes.