Author Topic: Fat Adapted Competitor Eats 4,000 calories a day and Loses weight, 5% Body fat  (Read 11871 times)

Jamaal

• Getbig III
Op likely joined just to plug the video. Clear rule breaking since getbig allows no promotional spam.

Out of the few rules set up - since this is a violation as you say - does that have an impact on this posters account?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
I'm not spamming, i'm not the dude in the video, like I said I just find this to be an interesting experiment and it's completely bodybuilding related in many different aspects. How many debates have been made on this forum with regards to calories and caloric restriction, and protein requirements, not to mention people think they are doing ketogenic diets but have no clue what a true keto diet actually entails (Piana comes to mind), the fats need to be super high to reap the benefits of this diet, and as shown in this expiriment lower protein doesn't equal loss of muscle mass.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I'm not spamming, i'm not the dude in the video, like I said I just find this to be an interesting experiment and it's completely bodybuilding related in many different aspects. How many debates have been made on this forum with regards to calories and caloric restriction, and protein requirements, not to mention people think they are doing ketogenic diets but have no clue what a true keto diet actually entails (Piana comes to mind), the fats need to be super high to reap the benefits of this diet, and as shown in this expiriment lower protein doesn't equal loss of muscle mass.

Simple Simon

Interesting so just eat unlimited calories and take a ton of laxatives, maybe throw in a enema here and there and you will be shredded?Or just has high energy levels from not having spiking and crashing blood sugar levels all day.

Eat 3500 cals a day over your maintenance for a week, that should (if science is correct) equal 7lbs of pure fat on your body

Now, why do you think your body doesnt turn every extra calorie to fat?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV

Eat 3500 cals a day over your maintenance for a week, that should (if science is correct) equal 7lbs of pure fat on your body

Now, why do you think your body doesnt turn every extra calorie to fat?
because you are in ketosis and burning fat for fuel

Simple Simon

because you are in ketosis and burning fat for fuel

8 inch not biceps did this same routine when he came back

we are done...

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Just stating the obvious, back in the 60's-70's high fat was the typical diet, Gironda steak, eggs, heavy cream, with a carb reefed once a week, seemed to work wonders for them. So why are the current crop of guys stuck on low fat diets?

Simple Simon

Just stating the obvious, back in the 60's-70's high fat was the typical diet, Gironda steak, eggs, heavy cream, with a carb reefed once a week, seemed to work wonders for them. So why are the current crop of guys stuck on low fat diets?

because its calories that count and reducing fat is a quicker way of reducing calories due to the difference in gram per gram.

As long as you take less cals in than you use you will lose weight, more than one way to skin a cat.

jwb

• Getbig V
I eat a higher fat diet and have lost 40 lbs in 6 months.

Eggs, bacon, steak, avocado, avocado oil, coconut oil, broccoli and cauliflower.

No idea how many calories but 4-5 meals per day.

It takes a few months to adjust and I ate some small potatoes for a while until dropping all starch and sugar.

My shits are smaller but the same as before but that took a while to adjust.

The thing I like about this diet is you have zero blood sugar issues and feel very even.

Energy levels are fine and I train fine.

If you try this kind of diet you have to give it 3 months before judging whether it's for you.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
because its calories that count and reducing fat is a quicker way of reducing calories due to the difference in gram per gram.

As long as you take less cals in than you use you will lose weight, more than one way to skin a cat.

You cannot win my friend  as you now see there are plenty of lifters out there who has  similar philosophies like I do, accept the knowledge or spend the rest of your life being a idiotic retard.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era

The thing I like about this diet is you have zero blood sugar issues and feel very even.

This is what I like about it too. Sometimes it works so well I can go all day and forget the need to eat. 

Simple Simon

You cannot win my friend  as you now see there are plenty of lifters out there who has  similar philosophies like I do, accept the knowledge or spend the rest of your life looking way better than I could ever possibly hope to look like.

fixed

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.

and as shown in this expiriment lower protein doesn't equal loss of muscle mass.

so you said "true keto diet" is 20 percent protein and you or "he" ate 4,000 calories a day, so that's 800 calories a day of protein, or 200 grams of protein a day. The guy weighs just under 150 lbs, so that's over 1.3 grams protein per lb bodyweight and you're calling that "low Protein?"

There's more than one way to diet for fat loss, and different people have different preferences and responses.  You're not going to get much love spamming this page with one specific approach as though it's the end all be all, especially when enough people here are knowledgeable on the subject and have tried different diets for themselves.

Simple Simon

so you said "true keto diet" is 20 percent protein and you or "he" ate 4,000 calories a day, so that's 800 calories a day of protein, or 200 grams of protein a day. The guy weighs just under 150 lbs, so that's over 1.3 grams protein per lb bodyweight and you're calling that "low Protein?"

There's more than one way to diet for fat loss, and different people have different preferences and responses.  You're not going to get much love spamming this page with one specific approach as though it's the end all be all, especially when enough people here are knowledgeable on the subject and have tried different diets for themselves.
too much protein can take you out of ketosis.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
The guy in the video is also trying to market this new EAS keto MRP that has 20 grams of protein, 32 grams fat (including 0.5 grams of trans fat), and 5 grams of carbs (with zero fiber), and it sells for more than most MRP's.  The ingredients and mostly powdered eggs and butter lol, you can get much better keto macros by just eating some cheese sticks and fiber caps, will fill you more and not need a blender either and cost a fraction.

youandme

• Getbig V
I'm still not getting the chocolate covered nuts in the AM, even if he is in a caloric deficit.  I used to do Keto - Body Opus and the highest GI food I ate was rice cakes.  
If you can eat chocolate covered nuts in the AM I'll switch back to this diet.

bigbobs

• Getbig V

Just going by his ratios of 20 percent protein and 4000 calories a day - that's pretty protein right there, especially for his bodyweight.

Magically the low quality EAS supplement he endorses is also 75/20/5 lol

bigbobs

• Getbig V
I'm still not getting the chocolate covered nuts in the AM, even if he is in a caloric deficit.  I used to do Keto - Body Opus and the highest GI food I ate was rice cakes.  

probably dark chocolate - either way the guy is spamming and has an agenda

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds

Nice you learn something from me this is correct good boy (pat you like a dog) when protein is too high the body will use it as glucose, the majority of your diet should be fats and lots of fiber.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV

he was eating over 350g of fat a day, and his protein varied from 140 to 100g a day, carbs were usually below 30g

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
he makes the chocolate with cream cheese of full fat cream, 100% unsweetened cocoa, and stevia, put melts it down, covers the nuts, puts them in the freezer/fridge until the harden.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
He tests his blood ketones through out the experiment with a glucometer, everytime in deep ketosis, with his milimolers in optimum range.

tom joad

• Getbig V
a low carb diet (whether full-fledged keto or not) is good for losing weight quickly for (say) 8-12 weeks or so ... but I enjoy complex carbs too much to permanently adopt the keto lifestyle.

Simple Simon

He tests his blood ketones through out the experiment with a glucometer, everytime in deep ketosis, with his milimolers in optimum range.
how many times a day does he jerk off?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
he was eating over 350g of fat a day, and his protein varied from 140 to 100g a day, carbs were usually below 30g

Oh, so that means he wasn't on a "true keto diet" as you posted specific ratios of in this same thread earlier:

No, just supplying evidence on the effectiveness of a true keto diet, 75% fat 20% protein 5% carbs