Author Topic: Fat Adapted Competitor Eats 4,000 calories a day and Loses weight, 5% Body fat  (Read 11873 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
because you are in ketosis and burning fat for fuel

so what happens if you're in ketosis but consuming more fat than you can burn for fuel? 

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
so what happens if you're in ketosis but consuming more fat than you can burn for fuel? 

You spontaneously combust.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
In his case he lost fat, obviously it will vary on the individual and many other factors, he touches on the fact that there was no way he was in a calorie deficit, he says he was obviously in a calorie surplus.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
keto diet does work ive done it, but you do have to keep track of your calories for sure,

no way i would eat 4k a day .  thats crazy . 

the macros for a true keto are

75% fats

20%  protein

5% carbs  usually works 

cephissus

• Getbig V
keto diet does work ive done it, but you do have to keep track of your calories for sure,

no way i would eat 4k a day .  thats crazy . 

the macros for a true keto are

75% fats

20%  protein

5% carbs  usually works 

Lyle McDonald says > 100g glucose (which includes 50% of the protein you eat, that turns to glucose) should cause you to exit ketosis.

As Bob's mentioned, 20% protein would be too high in the case of a 4000 kcal diet (that alone is 100g glucose, assuming 100% digestion and ignoring thermic effect of feeding).

What do you think?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I've dabbled with the keto diet a few times

unfortunately I like beer and other carbs too much

also the lack of muscle glycogen sucks if you care about getting stronger or even just getting a pump at the gym

If I try it again I'm going to start slowly lowering carbs and only have carbs before/after workout and adding fats slowly

This is a pretty good site for info on keto diet:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/

chokeslam

• Getbig II
Aside from MCT oils and shakes, how the hell do you get that much fat? I don't wanna smell like bacon or meat 24/7, but I do want to do more keto.

I unintentionally go keto when I'm doing super long fasts. And I notice I get as peeled as taking a lasix (which obviously has diminishing returns and deleterious health consequences). So I go keto when I can. But doing it deliberately and on a regular basis seems so restrictive in terms of lifestyle.

tom joad

• Getbig V
who wants to give up permanently pizza, pasta, potatoes & sandwiches on tasty fresh real bread for sour cream, coconut oil & grass-fed butter?

Simple Simon

who wants to give up permanently pizza, pasta, potatoes & sandwiches on tasty fresh real bread for sour cream, coconut oil & grass-fed butter?
butter doesn't eat grass....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
butter doesn't eat grass....

I'm sure you know he's referring to milk from cows which eat grass

Simple Simon

I'm sure you know he's referring to milk from cows which eat grass

all cows eat grass

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
all cows eat grass

You're a bass clef kinda guy.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
all cows eat grass

all cows eat some grass

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Being a vegetarian I only eat grass fed beef.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Aside from MCT oils and shakes, how the hell do you get that much fat? I don't wanna smell like bacon or meat 24/7, but I do want to do more keto.

I unintentionally go keto when I'm doing super long fasts. And I notice I get as peeled as taking a lasix (which obviously has diminishing returns and deleterious health consequences). So I go keto when I can. But doing it deliberately and on a regular basis seems so restrictive in terms of lifestyle.
Grass fed beef, grass fed butter, coconut oil, mac nut oil, avocado, whole eggs, bacon, nuts, nut butters.

jwb

• Getbig V
I started a high fat diet 6 months ago after getting a high cholesterol test from my doctor. She told me to eat the standard low fat diet but I know how that always goes for me... poorly.

I have been very strict and have lost 35 lbs or so.

My good cholesterol has gone from 40 to 51 and my total cholesterol has gone from 5.9 to 4.8

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I started a high fat diet 6 months ago after getting a high cholesterol test from my doctor. She told me to eat the standard low fat diet but I know how that always goes for me... poorly.

My good cholesterol has gone from 40 to 51 and my total cholesterol has gone from 5.9 to 4.8

good shit - nice work on the weight loss

me, i can only cut on keto... plus my cals always end up being lower on keto too.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Keep hearing about these amazing keto diets and feel bad for the poor scientist who despite there best efforts have never been able to show keto diets to be any more effective than a high carb low fat diet for example calories being equal.  Of course the scientist do there test under very controlled conditions where calories are very carefully tracked and people can't cheat or make untrue claims. 

Dokey111

• Getbig V
why does that jackass in the video sound exactly like that other half black jackass in those other videos

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️

You basically got the improved bloods sue to lower calories

Eat a super high carb diet but with the same lower cals and you would have had the same results

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
a

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel

One lasix will not damage your health. I took one today cos I drank about three litres of water/tea/juice yesterday evening.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Keep hearing about these amazing keto diets and feel bad for the poor scientist who despite there best efforts have never been able to show keto diets to be any more effective than a high carb low fat diet for example calories being equal.  Of course the scientist do there test under very controlled conditions where calories are very carefully tracked and people can't cheat or make untrue claims. 

everyone is different and every body responds to different diets and training, for me... keto is the king - im not a fan of it but in order to get "lean" thatis how I roll

sample day
meal1 2 cups liquid egg whites (I just drink them) so dozen egg whites 2 tablespoons cocunut oil
train/cardio
meal2 50 gram whey shake (isopure) with 2 tablespoons natty peanut butter
meal3 chicken breast with greens
meal4 50 gram whey shake and 3 tablespoons natty pb
meal5 red meat or fatty fish with greens
meal6 a few eggs cooked with coconut oil

jerk off - then bed

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
everyone is different and every body responds to different diets and training, for me... keto is the king - im not a fan of it but in order to get "lean" thatis how I roll

sample day
meal1 2 cups liquid egg whites (I just drink them) so dozen egg whites 2 tablespoons cocunut oil
train/cardio
meal2 50 gram whey shake (isopure) with 2 tablespoons natty peanut butter
meal3 chicken breast with greens
meal4 50 gram whey shake and 3 tablespoons natty pb
meal5 red meat or fatty fish with greens
meal6 a few eggs cooked with coconut oil

jerk off - then bed

Hey, I know Keto diets work great for many people.  I have tried it once and it did work. I just don't believe they work by some magic.  The work because many people find them easier to stick to than other types of diets.  Plus the initial water loss you get makes them appear to work faster than other types of diets.  Diet adherence is the #1 rule for any diet to work well.  Whether you are consuming whole grain quality carbs as your primary fuel or fats as your primary fuel, as long as you keep your calories at a lower overall level, you will lose weight. 

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Hey, I know Keto diets work great for many people.  I have tried it once and it did work. I just don't believe they work by some magic.  The work because many people find them easier to stick to than other types of diets.  Plus the initial water loss you get makes them appear to work faster than other types of diets.  Diet adherence is the #1 rule for any diet to work well.  Whether you are consuming whole grain quality carbs as your primary fuel or fats as your primary fuel, as long as you keep your calories at a lower overall level, you will lose weight. 

yeppers

i personally wished a low fat/moderate protein/moderate carb diet worked me as well... but just my thunder thighs require carbs to be cut