Author Topic: Thread saved! Lee Haney, The greatest bodybuilder of all time!!!  (Read 9674 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
The best ever! ;)

Better than Arnold, Dorian, Ronnie and Heath and Flex Wheeler.

The most complete and least flawed bodybuilder of all time. The greatest Mr. Olympia of all time. The best poser of all Mr. Olympias including Arnold and Zane. His pose game is sick in the second video.  flow and transitions are second to none.  He's the best ever.  Deal with it.

Haney Double encore!! 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Thread saved! Lee Haney, The greatest bodybuilder of all time!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 10:13:07 AM »
WIGGS, You are one of the most knowledgeable GetBiggers I've had the opportunity to meet regarding this subject of bodybuilding.

For you GetBig Wigg's fans, this opinion of Wiggs and his bodybuilding knowledge is based on our discussion at a reent USA Championship Contest of what was happening on that bodybuilding stage and what was going on through the minds of the judges, and who would be called out first, and placed where ... and all that other bodybuildinfg 'hoo-daa', and Wiggs as 'spot-on'.

Spot-on enough that I strngly recommended that he become a bodybuilding judge of the official knid.

But, WIGGS, I gotta disagree with you rearding LEE and ask for a second opinion with a bit of assistance from myself ....

How about Serge Nubret???!

BTW ...Lee is definitely one of the best of the good guys in this game.

We were friends of lng ago and  recmmended that he hold his poses for the judges instead of for the fans in the cheap seats in the back.

And then just a little bit later .... He thanked me saying that that recommendation of mine was one of the main factors for his victory!

Serge never had any reason to thank me, but I still think that he deserves your intelligent consideration.

Your LV friend, Stunt

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 10:23:22 AM »
Agreed

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 10:25:59 AM »
Lee had an awesome physique, but he had his flaws as well, such as his legs(!) and arms. He was also often holding some water.
A prime Ronnie (first couple of Olympia wins) would beat him in these departments.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 01:01:00 PM »
Lee had an awesome physique, but he had his flaws as well, such as his legs(!) and arms. He was also often holding some water.
A prime Ronnie (first couple of Olympia wins) would beat him in these departments.

In contrast to Ronnie, Haney has a brain

And I've never seen a gut photo of Haney
Small waist, yes, Haney was quality

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 01:08:10 PM »
everything in proportion is the problem.

no body part really stands out. boring.

thats like a woman having a flat ass, yes it may be in proportion to the rest of her body, but who cares?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 01:27:05 PM »
Ronnie was good for 3 years 98 and 99, after that hot garbage. Even in his prime, he had garbage calves and garbage abs. Ronnie ended looking his worst, Haney ended looking his best, Haney wins. I'll take Haney 250lbs in 91 over Ronines 252 in 98 any day of the week. Ronnie may have more detail and larger legs because of the change in judging but Haney had a more complete physique. Thas not a mattern of opinion.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 01:30:20 PM »
WIGGS, You are one of the most knowledgeable GetBiggers I've had the opportunity to meet regarding this subject of bodybuilding.

For you GetBig Wigg's fans, this opinion of Wiggs and his bodybuilding knowledge is based on our discussion at a reent USA Championship Contest of what was happening on that bodybuilding stage and what was going on through the minds of the judges, and who would be called out first, and placed where ... and all that other bodybuildinfg 'hoo-daa', and Wiggs as 'spot-on'.

Spot-on enough that I strngly recommended that he become a bodybuilding judge of the official knid.

But, WIGGS, I gotta disagree with you rearding LEE and ask for a second opinion with a bit of assistance from myself ....

How about Serge Nubret???!

BTW ...Lee is definitely one of the best of the good guys in this game.

We were friends of lng ago and  recmmended that he hold his poses for the judges instead of for the fans in the cheap seats in the back.

And then just a little bit later .... He thanked me saying that that recommendation of mine was one of the main factors for his victory!

Serge never had any reason to thank me, but I still think that he deserves your intelligent consideration.

Your LV friend, Stunt

Stunt! What's up ma' man, hope all is well. Thats cool about Haney. Serge was a great bodybuilder and had a beautiful physique but Haney had better structure, better legs and was in better shape. I've seen pics of Serge next to Arnold and I understand why he never beat Arnold.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 01:32:46 PM »

His legs are a flaw I'd like you to explain to me how having 34 or 36 inch quads is proportional on a 5'10 frame alla Ronnie. The quads are blown out it needs to stop it looks ridiculous. Haney's and Yates quads from 91 Olympia is the max it should be. That's proportions.. Something freak lovers like to ignore. And on his arms, they aren't small. We're just used to seeing overblown arms not in proportion. It's skewed your judgement.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 01:37:21 PM »
How was he the greatest? Because of the amount of statues he won? The competition was weak in the 1980s and Phil has almost as many, yet most people don't consider him the greatest by any means (other than arms). Lee is still in decent health and had kept a low profile, so he deserves respect for those two things compared to the injury/death-prone and buffoonish antics of current and retired pros (Kai, McCarver, Silvio, Atwood, Titus, etc.).

Yates would crush him in any pose you could possibly choose, and didn't have the benefits of black genetics. Ronnie was the freakiest ever in 2003/4, but that doesn't make him the greatest ever. It makes him the biggest freak on stage, like Ruhl in 2002 or Paul in the late '90s.

Yates had his chance and got that ass tapped. Get over it. Haney was superior. I'm not getting into the 93 Dorian would have blah, blah, blah.... would've could've.  So re read what I posted originally. Least amount of flaws and most complete. Meaning closest to perfect. That the biggest and most shredded. That's where it went wrong.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »
Yates had his chance and got that ass tapped. Get over it. Haney was superior. I'm not getting into the 93 Dorian would have blah, blah, blah.... would've could've.  So re read what I posted originally. Least amount of flaws and most complete. Meaning closest to perfect. That the biggest and most shredded. That's where it went wrong.

Yates beat a best ever Haney in the muscularity round in 1991 , think about that. You're not going to get into 93 Dorian because he would have mopped the floor with Haney 1991 and anyone with a working knowledge of bodybuilding knows this. 

Dorian had fewer flaws than Lee and Ronnie

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 02:15:06 PM »
Yates beat a best ever Haney in the muscularity round in 1991 , think about that. You're not going to get into 93 Dorian because he would have mopped the floor with Haney 1991 and anyone with a working knowledge of bodybuilding knows this. 

Dorian had fewer flaws than Lee and Ronnie

I don't care about winning a round shows count. Haney won when they competed end of story. 93 means nothing to me because he didn't compete. And no, Dorian didnt. If the judging standards remained the same from 92 and earlier Haney has less flaws. The judging changed when Dorian became Mr. O. So according to traditional judging standards from Haney and before, he is the most complete and least flawed bodybuilder. If you judge Dorian by those standards, he loses to Haney.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 02:16:59 PM »

His legs are a flaw I'd like you to explain to me how having 34 or 36 inch quads is proportional on a 5'10 frame alla Ronnie. The quads are blown out it needs to stop it looks ridiculous. Haney's and Yates quads from 91 Olympia is the max it should be. That's proportions.. Something freak lovers like to ignore. And on his arms, they aren't small. We're just used to seeing overblown arms not in proportion. It's skewed your judgement.

If there's one thing which will always be debated in the bodybuilding world, then it's symmetry/proportions.

I'm not a 'freak lover', so will will never defend a Ronnie with a gut. It's sad that a gifted man like him took the 'go bigger than ever' route. There was no need to do so, and he payed a high price for that.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »
I don't care about winning a round shows count. Haney won when they competed end of story. 93 means nothing to me because he didn't compete. And no, Dorian didnt. If the judging standards remained the same from 92 and earlier Haney has less flaws. The judging changed when Dorian became Mr. O. So according to traditional judging standards from Haney and before, he is the most complete and least flawed bodybuilder. If you judge Dorian by those standards, he loses to Haney.

The judging standards never changed. You said he had his chance and got his ass tapped. NO,he didn't. He beat a career best Lee Haney in the muscularity round , that says a lot.

Dorian 1993 would mopped the floor with Haney and Ronnie !! Entertaining Dorian never entered the scene , Flew Wheeler 1993 would have beaten Lee 1991 !!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 02:36:18 PM »
He would've beaten Haney when Lee was at the same level of competitive history as he was, in other words, 1984-5. Haney beat him when he was close to retirement and physically at a peak. The comparison is like saying Yates mopped the floor with Ronnie in 1996; yes, he did, but Ronnie would've crushed him in 2003, so they weren't at the same point in their careers.

I'm talking purely physically. Yates had a much better package: grainy muscle bellies, fuller quads/hams, bigger calves, bigger back (by far), and rock-hard abs that could compete with Lee's, which had the same spaced-out look as Ronnie's. Yates >

Just like droppingplates it depends on the judging standard that you have. If you have the judging standard from 91 and before Haney wins all day. If you have it from 93 and on then Dorian wins because of Grainy and bigger and harder and all that stuff only comes in during the Dorian era but that's not traditional bodybuilding. Traditional bodybuilding is about proportions, size, symmetry, shape all of those together current bodybuilding excludes or limits some of those things. Traditional bodybuilding is about being the best, the most perfect bodybuilder with the least amount of flaws. This is why smaller guys back then could compete with larger guys because it was about the least amount of flaws and not just about size.  Current bodybuilding is not like that it's gotten better but during Dorian's age or era it was about being the biggest in the hardest. This is why the open is a fail and classic physique is a win and eventually classic physique will be more popular and overtake the open as it stands. So like I said Haney is the most complete bodybuilder with the least amount of flaws.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »
The judging standards never changed. You said he had his chance and got his ass tapped. NO,he didn't. He beat a career best Lee Haney in the muscularity round , that says a lot.

Dorian 1993 would mopped the floor with Haney and Ronnie !! Entertaining Dorian never entered the scene , Flew Wheeler 1993 would have beaten Lee 1991 !!

Yes the judging criteria certainly did change don't sit there and make a bold face  lie right here with everybody seeing that you're out of your fucking mind,  you're a Dorian lover I expect nothing less from you. So you can go fantasize about your 1993 show that will never happen but reality is Haiti whoop that ass of Dorian's. The end

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 02:40:21 PM »
Serious question:  how was Lee better than Arnold? 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 02:44:03 PM »
Serious question:  how was Lee better than Arnold? 

Good question. I'll say this, Lee Haney drew his inspiration from Arnold Frank Zane and Robbie Robinson that's what he based his idea of what a physique should look like on.

Speaking on the physique only, Arnold had a bigger chest have bigger arms, was 2 inches taller.  Haney had better structure, better back, better conditioning, better legs. Was bigger with better condition. That's why Lee is better.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 02:45:00 PM »
Did the IFBB re write or change the judging criteria in 93?  I've never heard of this.  Serious question.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 02:45:50 PM »
Did the IFBB re write or change the judging criteria in 93?  I've never heard of this.  Serious question.
They just started ignoring their rulebook.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 02:49:00 PM »
One of a kind

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 03:13:37 PM »
gay thread reported

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »
Of the modern era, 93 Flex Wheeler. The End.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 03:51:08 PM »
Yes the judging criteria certainly did change don't sit there and make a bold face  lie right here with everybody seeing that you're out of your fucking mind,  you're a Dorian lover I expect nothing less from you. So you can go fantasize about your 1993 show that will never happen but reality is Haiti whoop that ass of Dorian's. The end

Lee retired out of fear of Yates. He knew his days were numbered.  ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 03:56:05 PM »
Lee retired out of fear of Yates. He knew his days were numbered.  ;)
How old was Lee, early 30s? He still had many a years left to compete. He could have brought his legs up to deal with the 90s guys, but he retired on top. It wasn't scared, it was more of he didn't want to "up the dosage to 90s (Yates and company) levels, as well as his wife's concern. What did he have left to prove? He beat Yates, and then he passed the torched to him. Yates continued the tradition of having a better back than the competition, but brought the freak factor aspect.