Author Topic: 🤡 Joker - This movie looks very good - October 2019  (Read 187014 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Joker - This movie looks very good - October 2019
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2019, 11:02:49 AM »
I really liked the movie. And I especially loved that no little children were kicking the  movie theatre seats.

Lee did that? Bad form.  ;D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2019, 11:07:24 AM »
Liberals hate Joker but love Batwoman?

GO FIGURE! :D
Q

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2019, 11:24:53 AM »
watch it today, not bad, few things left unsaid and unexplained............. .open ened like American Psycho, the gun to head Travis Bikle steal was blatant..

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2019, 04:50:33 PM »

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2019, 07:16:17 AM »
Saw it Sunday. Dark, disturbing masterful acting from Joaquin Phoenix. Will definitely be up for best actor.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2019, 07:13:59 PM »
Saw it Sunday. Dark, disturbing masterful acting from Joaquin Phoenix. Will definitely be up for best actor.
I just watched it , good movie ,easy Oscar  for Joaquin  .

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2019, 03:09:43 PM »
Maybe Joker kills him!

Watch it!

🤡

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »

Ronnie,

When I saw Heath Ledger play the role of Joker, I was downright amazed. I had never seen another actor embrace and become a character as much as he did.

Tell me if you thought Phoenix did similar or if he possibly surpassed what Ledger did.

Either way, excited to see it.

"1"

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2019, 03:19:15 PM »
Ronnie,

When I saw Heath Ledger play the role of Joker, I was downright amazed. I had never seen another actor embrace and become a character as much as he did.

Tell me if you thought Phoenix did similar or if he possibly surpassed what Ledger did.

Either way, excited to see it.

"1"

Ledger was comedic
Phoenix isnt

To be honest the latest movie is a steal from King of Comedy, the scenes are virtually the same, its not very original in that aspect

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2019, 03:22:14 PM »
Ledger was comedic
Phoenix isnt

To be honest the latest movie is a steal from King of Comedy, the scenes are virtually the same, its not very original in that aspect

I can appreciate that Ledger seemed comedic, but it almost seemed as if his real life depression seeped through into the character, which in turn made you feel it a bit more.

But compared to Ledger's performance, would you say that Phoenix has picked up the torch where Ledger left off?

"1"

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2019, 03:25:36 PM »
I can appreciate that Ledger seemed comedic, but it almost seemed as if his real life depression seeped through into the character, which in turn made you feel it a bit more.

But compared to Ledger's performance, would you say that Phoenix has picked up the torch where Ledger left off?

"1"

Phoenix is better than Ledger, its way more intense..and hes actually acting as opposed to Ledger showing signs of himself through the role

if you understand interpretive dance then you really feel the characters pain in the latest movie, (the scene in the toilets after the subway)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2019, 03:53:06 PM »

"1"

He picked up the torch and he took it to a new level

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2019, 04:01:34 PM »
Phoenix is better than Ledger, its way more intense...if you understand interpretive dance then you really feel the characters pain..

While Phoenix's body of work certainly suggests that he is a better actor than Ledger was, I'll have to watch the movie and see for myself. I am excited and appreciate everyone's input regarding Phoenix's performance. For a while there, I worried that no one else would be able to truly encapsulate the dark nature of the joker the way Ledger did.

Regarding interpretive dance, the best example I can remember watching in person was during Duncan Sheik's Spring Awakening while it aired on Broadway back during circa 2005-2006. Short of that, I can't say I have more experience with the art. Favorite piece that was performed was "the guilty ones".

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2019, 04:02:34 PM »

He picked up the torch and he took it to a new level

Say no more Royalty. I am excited!

"1"

Big Tex C*ckburn, PhD

• Getbig II
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2019, 04:09:56 PM »
Pheonix is brilliant. Don't think I've watched any of his other films, but I want to now after seeing this performance.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2019, 11:21:03 AM »
One thing to note is that the slow physical acting in this new movie is unlike the others who have done the character, and to me that is the real stretch that the actor made. There are times where it is quiet and nearly pantomime.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2019, 12:41:20 PM »
Pheonix is brilliant. Don't think I've watched any of his other films, but I want to now after seeing this performance.
He has a lot of good films.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2019, 02:15:23 PM »
I watched Phoenix last night in YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE and I have no idea what that was about beyond his loss of the girl he saved.

Any explanation of that one would be appreciated.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2019, 02:36:44 PM »
I watched Phoenix last night in YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE and I have no idea what that was about beyond his loss of the girl he saved.

Any explanation of that one would be appreciated.
https://taylorholmes.com/2018/07/27/a-deconstructive-explanation-of-the-movie-you-were-never-really-here/

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2019, 03:33:50 PM »

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2019, 04:47:49 PM »
Haha! DeNerdo got shot in the head by Joker! Haha!

Just saw it.

EXCELLENT movie.

Dark, disturbed and grimy.

Phoenix’s acting is very good, yes, but as most here know, I’m not all that impressed with acting as a talent/skill. Some are better than others, but a majority of people can act and be quite decent. And with zero training. You just can’t be self conscious. Pretend.

In film, I am impressed with all the folks BEHIND the camera: writers, set design, directors, editors, costuming/makeup, cinematographers, etc.

That’s where the real talent is.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2019, 05:11:46 PM »
JOSWIFT, Thanks! That explanation helped immensely ... but I think it would have been a better ending if we saw the young girl slice the governors's throat up close and personal ... instead of having to figure it out without the visualization of that rightious deed.

As a way of saying,"Thanks!", I'd like to recommend a decent movie entitled "LAND OF MINE" ... which has a clear and evident ending and which I think you'll enjoy immensely.

Especially if you've ever had the 'enjoyment' of clearing a minefield such as the dud-field I and others cleared years ago when even a small but non-injurous 'pop' would encourage you to shit your nickkers!

Thanks, again!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2019, 07:50:04 AM »
FORTRESS, It sounds like you were/are in the motion picture mking business and I gotta agree with ya ..... almost....... and say .....

A HELL OF A LOT of the real talent  goes to the crew behind the cameras with no discedit to those who appar on screen.

I have family members in the business and I'm always amazed when they become someone else at family gatheings while preparing for their next big role.

My only complaint is that those behind the camera don't get that rolling credit that they rightfully deserve.

For example... I held the surfboard and made it move in a super-hero movie, but I was'incognito' when the credits rolled.

Not even a "Thank you!" at the AA.

So I hung up my hat on the sound-stage door and retired!

Thanks for mentioning those behind the scenes!

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2019, 08:49:33 AM »
Haha! DeNerdo got shot in the head by Joker! Haha!

Just saw it.

EXCELLENT movie.

Dark, disturbed and grimy.

Phoenix’s acting is very good, yes, but as most here know, I’m not all that impressed with acting as a talent/skill. Some are better than others, but a majority of people can act and be quite decent. And with zero training. You just can’t be self conscious. Pretend.

In film, I am impressed with all the folks BEHIND the camera: writers, set design, directors, editors, costuming/makeup, cinematographers, etc.

That’s where the real talent is.

I agree acting is massively over-rated and they take what they do so seriously it is ridiculous. Always having award shows and going on about how wonderful they are. My view is anyone with half a brain can act, just need confidence to do it in front of loads of people. Most actors play the same character in every film so they are just playing themselves really. Look at Micheal Caine, exactly the same in every film! Loads more are the same. Looks like Joker is different and Phoenix actually immersing himself in the role, actually takes some skill.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2019, 02:45:46 PM »
I agree acting is massively over-rated and they take what they do so seriously it is ridiculous. Always having award shows and going on about how wonderful they are. My view is anyone with half a brain can act, just need confidence to do it in front of loads of people. Most actors play the same character in every film so they are just playing themselves really. Look at Micheal Caine, exactly the same in every film! Loads more are the same. Looks like Joker is different and Phoenix actually immersing himself in the role, actually takes some skill.

If it was that easy everybody would be doing it ,there is a reason why some actors make $20 mill a movie and some people behind the camera make 50K a year