Author Topic: 🤡 Joker - This movie looks very good - October 2019  (Read 186931 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Joker - This movie looks very good - October 2019
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2019, 02:52:23 PM »
If it was that easy everybody would be doing it ,there is a reason why some actors make $20 mill a movie and some people behind the camera make 50K a year
You ever notice how there is almost always a relative or parent involved in Hollywood for most actors, its not what you know its who you know..

https://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/217020/celebrities-with-famous-parents

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2019, 02:57:55 PM »
If it was that easy everybody would be doing it ,there is a reason why some actors make $20 mill a movie and some people behind the camera make 50K a year

Largely down to looks I would say. Charisma certainly helps but I only find a small group of actors charismatic. Robert De Niro for instance, I always used to like that guy although bad film choices have hurt his appeal. I do take your point, I am being a little unfair here it's just pompous actors constantly slapping each others backs pisses me off. Lots of other professions I really admire, that take bundles of heart and skill, jobs that make a huge difference to actual people every day, yet they don't enjoy the sycophantic adulation that actors do for reading some lines and pretending to be someone else!!

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2019, 03:00:17 PM »
Largely down to looks I would say. Charisma certainly helps but I only find a small group of actors charismatic. Robert De Niro for instance, I always used to like that guy although bad film choices have hurt his appeal. I do take your point, I am being a little unfair here it's just pompous actors constantly slapping each others backs pisses me off. Lots of other professions I really admire, that take bundles of heart and skill, jobs that make a huge difference to actual people every day, yet they don't enjoy the sycophantic adulation that actors do for reading some lines and pretending to be someone else!!

I once heard a quite about acting, its basically "learn your lines and turn up and read them without laughing.."

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2019, 03:34:53 PM »
I once heard a quite about acting, its basically "learn your lines and turn up and read them without laughing.."

C'mon man ,that's like saying,to be a soccer player all you have to do is run around kicking a ball .

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2019, 04:07:18 PM »
C'mon man ,that's like saying,to be a soccer player all you have to do is run around kicking a ball .

Isnt it odd how the children of actors are almost always good at acting

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »
Isnt it odd how the children of actors are almost always good at acting
Some are good some are not .

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2019, 04:11:40 PM »
Some are good some are not .

but they get into the movies all the same, which was my original point..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2019, 04:16:15 PM »

Right, they also have to fall down and act hurt like pussies when someone brushes up against them.
Y

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2019, 04:18:20 PM »

I know what you are saying but there are many different levels when it comes to acting ,being in a movie doesn't automatically make you a good actor.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2019, 04:22:06 PM »
I know what you are saying but there are many different levels when it comes to acting ,being in a movie doesn't automatically make you a good actor.

agreed, but to get into the movies in the first place helps if you are in the know

Many more potentially great actors just dont get the breaks

And most great actors tend to be one trick ponies

Antonhy Hopkins is the exception, hes believable in any role hes in, he lamost becomes the character.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2019, 04:28:42 PM »
agreed, but to get into the movies in the first place helps if you are in the know

Many more potentially great actors just dont get the breaks

100%

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: 🤡 Joker - This movie looks very good - October 2019
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2019, 03:01:52 AM »
I thought this guy did a great job as the Joker, enjoyed the movie. The bar is pretty low these days as most movies are terrible.
But nice job by Whah-Kheem… seeing Ghey Bob DeNiro getting his head blown off was good, even if it was fake. (The hollyweird retard that he is).

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2019, 05:11:01 AM »
Good acting, but frankly, I was bored by the whole movie and just wanted it to finally end.

Wasn't as graphic as all the hype.

There were no real surprises, other than the girlfriend angle and the revelation about his childhood.

The midget lock scene was the best.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2019, 06:14:57 AM »

Right, they also have to fall down and act hurt like pussies when someone brushes up against them.
Q

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2019, 08:15:21 AM »
NOTE: SPOILER ALERT !!!

I think that this was discussed earlier, but here in 'real Las Vega life' a good number of the local Joker move fans failed to notice the bloody footprints as he walked down the hallway at the end.

Apparently he killed her, but can any Joker movie fan explain why as she seemed to be attempting to help him out?

As as most of you Joker movie fans ae alread aware .... a lot of what appears on sceen was only 'real' within his imagination. Does anyone disagree with that?

I figured that out the first moment he met his female neighbor in the elevator, but a lot of movie fans continue to say that everything was real and not a figment of his imagination.

And no one here in  real life has even attempted to explain the Keystone-Cops-style-chase-scene at the movie's concluso.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2019, 08:57:09 AM »
NOTE: SPOILER ALERT !!!

I think that this was discussed earlier, but here in 'real Las Vega life' a good number of the local Joker move fans failed to notice the bloody footprints as he walked down the hallway at the end.

Apparently he killed her, but can any Joker movie fan explain why as she seemed to be attempting to help him out?

As as most of you Joker movie fans ae alread aware .... a lot of what appears on sceen was only 'real' within his imagination. Does anyone disagree with that?

I figured that out the first moment he met his female neighbor in the elevator, but a lot of movie fans continue to say that everything was real and not a figment of his imagination.

And no one here in  real life has even attempted to explain the Keystone-Cops-style-chase-scene at the movie's concluso.

Maybe because he was never really there/you were never really here.
Q

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: October 23, 2019, 12:39:33 PM »
I figure only the “girlfriend angle” was in his imagination.

Note: Acting is a super easy “skill”. There are better and worse, but at its base, a majority can act quite decently. Hell, kids with zero training act alongside “serious thespians” in major motion pictures and do fine. Rappers transition easily into TV and film. Models and discovered-on-the-street folks enter the industry without a hitch. Pop stars star opposite screen idols and get nominated for Oscars. What most consider great acting is rather a character/story/dialogue they enjoy and the appearance/mannerisms of the performer.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2019, 12:50:21 PM »

Note: Acting is a super easy “skill”. There are better and worse, but at its base, a majority can act quite decently. Hell, kids with zero training act alongside “serious thespians” in major motion pictures and do fine. Rappers transition easily into TV and film. Models and discovered-on-the-street folks enter the industry without a hitch. Pop stars star opposite screen idols and get nominated for Oscars. What most consider great acting is rather a character/story/dialogue they enjoy and the appearance/mannerisms of the performer.

True.  Acting is probably also the easiest job on the set as well.  Directors, producers, cameramen, sound people, make up artists probably all work longer hours than the actor, especially directors.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2019, 12:57:50 PM »
Maybe because he was never really there/you were never really here.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Q

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2019, 01:30:21 PM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2019, 01:44:01 PM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2019, 03:08:20 PM »
Was that movie any good?

Reminded me a bit about Taxi Driver and King of Comedy.
Q

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: October 23, 2019, 03:13:26 PM »
Reminded me a bit about Taxi Driver
The Joker is a mix of Taxi Driver and King of Comedy..

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2019, 05:28:21 PM »

I agree 100%