Author Topic: 22lbs in 8 days  (Read 5895 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: 22lbs in 8 days
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2021, 07:52:26 AM »
but still beat most of the guys you competed against
HE BEAT ONE OTHER PERSON.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2021, 07:55:57 AM »

His ex wife was competing?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2021, 07:58:32 AM »
His ex wife was competing?
I got a legit LOL out of that one !!   ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2021, 08:04:17 AM »

Really? I wouldn't even reply if it wasn't someone credible like you Wes.

Ok, but  BHanks was in 3 different divisions, so I assumed he beat several guys total, right?
I actually judged the Excalibur some years ago and it was always a BIG contest.
Most divisions , especially Middle, Lt hvy and masters 40 had a lot of contestants when I judged.

I can understand being proud of competing , doing your best and posting some posing pics, etc.
But I find it odd, that anyone would post pics  and brag about awards won by just showing up.

Maybe this is something new as we're BOTH from an era where that wouldn't happen.

However,

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2021, 08:06:12 AM »

Ok, but  BHanks was in 3 different divisions, so I assumed he beat several guys total, right?
Most divisions , especially Middle, Lt hvy and masters 40 had a lot of contestants when I judged.

I can understand being proud of competing , doing your best and posting some posing pics, etc.
But I find it odd, that anyone would post pics  and brag about awards won by just showing up.

Maybe this is something new as we're BOTH from an era where that wouldn't happen.

However,

I REPEAT ....................HE BEAT ONE OTHER PERSON.

I give him props for getting up there but don`t give the braggart more credit than he`s due,it will only swell up that bobble head of his more and more until it eventually bursts.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2021, 08:12:27 AM »
I REPEAT ....................HE BEAT ONE OTHER PERSON.

You're kidding me  :o

So you're saying he only beat ONE competitor in three different divisions?

As you know, I tried to give BHanks the benefit of the doubt , but this looks bad.

Be interesting to hear his take in this.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2021, 08:13:21 AM »

However,

My pic looks great whether 1 guy showed up or a 100 but yes first show made some mistakes and came in too light and depleted. I will improve and come in fuller next time May even get some proper posing trunks. I think super heavy is a stretch will probably go as a full 225 but you never know may just go super to prove a point. And don’t worry the show I kind of have my eyes on should be a full lineup just need to pop up to 240 first and fill out a little in the Hams

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2021, 08:17:32 AM »
My pic looks great whether 1 guy showed up or a 100 but yes first show made some mistakes and came in too light and depleted. I will improve and come in fuller next time May even get some proper posing trunks. I think super heavy is a stretch will probably go as a full retard but you never know may just go super to prove a point. And don’t worry the show I kind of have my eyes on should be a full lineup just need to pop up to 240 first and fill out a little in the Hams
FIXED

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2021, 08:22:56 AM »
My pic looks great whether 1 guy showed up or a 100 but yes first show made some mistakes and came in too light and depleted. I will improve and come in fuller next time May even get some proper posing trunks. I think super heavy is a stretch will probably go as a full 225 but you never know may just go super to prove a point. And don’t worry the show I kind of have my eyes on should be a full lineup just need to pop up to 240 first and fill out a little in the Hams

the oil in your calves is extremely visible as well as your traps.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2021, 08:24:29 AM »

However,

Howard it’s a different world because of Covid. Some years ago gasoline was cheaper. Times change.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2021, 08:25:17 AM »
Going to start off with some quality sushi for a mid day snack had to wait for this place to open at 11 will get lunch later

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2021, 08:47:37 AM »
Ok, I always said you have a decent physique and have been more then fair in my posts about you.
You only beat ONE guy in three different divisions and then brag about the medals.
That means you got last in 2 out of 3 divisions.

Nothing wrong with doing your best and still getting beaten on stage by others in a BB contest.
It's happened to me , Wes and many others posting here.

The problem is, the experience should make you more humble, modest and realistic now.
However, the impression I get , is you're more "full of yourself " with grand plans for future contests.

You ignored the contest prep advice from experience men like Wes and I .
Then , you posted what you did by losing rapid wt was foolish. That showed some honest, self reflection.
Despite this brief humility, you quickly resorted back to unrealistic goals in future contests.

You need to dominate via obvious win in a regional  novice division , BEFORE you can do well in a national masters event.

I suspect you think I'm a "hater" now for posting this honest reply.
No, you don't need to tell me why I'm wrong or make some rambling defensive post.
I never made a personal insult attack against you .

Just suck it up like a man, train hard for a full year and compete in the SAME show next yr.
Win big in the masters 40 , post pics of your dominant win and that will prove your point.

Good luck

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2021, 08:51:42 AM »
Howard it’s a different world because of Covid. Some years ago gasoline was cheaper. Times change.

True 'dat. Before getbig , I thought I was a funny guy that people liked.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2021, 08:55:02 AM »
Going to start off with some quality sushi for a mid day snack had to wait for this place to open at 11 will get lunch later

does not look fresh.

also going with the full sodium soy sauce. Sodium Loading?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2021, 08:55:45 AM »

Philadelphia rolls are not quality sushi.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2021, 09:32:55 AM »
True 'dat. Before getbig , I thought I was a funny guy that people liked.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2021, 09:35:19 AM »

i guess this guys dental plan ran out..

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2021, 09:37:51 AM »
i guess this guys dental plan ran out..
Goodrum in contest shape.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2021, 10:07:33 AM »
Ok, I always said you have a decent physique and have been more then fair in my posts about you.
You only beat ONE guy in three different divisions and then brag about the medals.
That means you got last in 2 out of 3 divisions.

Nothing wrong with doing your best and still getting beaten on stage by others in a BB contest.
It's happened to me , Wes and many others posting here.

The problem is, the experience should make you more humble, modest and realistic now.
However, the impression I get , is you're more "full of yourself " with grand plans for future contests.

You ignored the contest prep advice from experience men like Wes and I .
Then , you posted what you did by losing rapid wt was foolish. That showed some honest, self reflection.
Despite this brief humility, you quickly resorted back to unrealistic goals in future contests.

You need to dominate via obvious win in a regional  novice division , BEFORE you can do well in a national masters event.

I suspect you think I'm a "hater" now for posting this honest reply.
No, you don't need to tell me why I'm wrong or make some rambling defensive post.
I never made a personal insult attack against you .

Just suck it up like a man, train hard for a full year and compete in the SAME show next yr.
Win big in the masters 40 , post pics of your dominant win and that will prove your point.

Good luck

Your honest reply is just wrong.  I can easily come in a full 225 with a few minor adjustments. I am not really concerned with who else shows up or  places what in the voting. I know I can present a better fuller me with some minor adjustments. Maybe you can’t or couldn’t I can and will. Of course timing all depends on how my body responds to training there are only a few shows left this year. It may be spring time before I am 240 peaking and ready to go. It may be sooner.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2021, 10:09:16 AM »
Your honest reply is just wrong.  I can easily come in a full 225 with a few minor adjustments. I am not reallt concerned with who else shows up or  places what in the voting I know I can present a better fuller me with some minor adjustments. Maybe you can’t or couldn’t I can and will. Of course timing all depends on how my body responds to training there are only a few shoes left this year. It may be spring time before I am 240 leaking ready to go. It may be sooner.
Freudian slip?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2021, 10:11:27 AM »
Brian,follow your plan or whatever, but that is good sound advice Howard just gave you......of course I`m sure he knew you would ignore it.

Good luck in your next contest.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2021, 10:13:26 AM »
Stop questioning stop doubting and start believing I see my path do you see yours?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2021, 10:18:13 AM »
240 or bust

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2021, 10:20:05 AM »
Brian,follow your plan or whatever, but that is good sound advice Howard just gave you......of course I`m sure he knew you would ignore it.

Good luck in your next contest.

How is telling me 225 is unrealistic good advice when I am sitting somewhere over 220 right now?? Dude just wants me to accept being 200lbs becasue that is all he was sorry I am bigger than that. I may be 225 after this 10 pack of hugeness. And you guys think I can’t hit 240 nonsense 30-45 days to achieve the “impossible” if I push it 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2021, 10:35:43 AM »
223lbs right now mid day that is 25lbs in 9-10 days?

eature=share