Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56762 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2022, 05:51:08 AM »
Are you arguing that 100% beef is not a healthy meal?  Why?

Not even carnivorous animals like lions or wolves which can synthesize their own vitamins like vit C could survive long term eating just beef patties. They eat organs, marrow, guts, brains etc as well as meat and fat to meet their nutritional needs.

Be careful with keto long term. Your body has reserves of a lot of vitamins and can recycle them to a degree, so you may not be deficient in anything yet, but one day your body will just start to crumble on you. It's not so much a keto issue, it's more a restrictive diet issue.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2022, 06:02:00 AM »
Not even carnivorous animals like lions or wolves which can synthesize their own vitamins like vit C could survive long term eating just beef patties. They eat organs, marrow, guts, brains etc as well as meat and fat to meet their nutritional needs.

Be careful with keto long term. Your body has reserves of a lot of vitamins and can recycle them to a degree, so you may not be deficient in anything yet, but one day your body will just start to crumble on you. It's not so much a keto issue, it's more a restrictive diet issue.

Flexacon, thank you for your concern and warning!

There is fat in beef patties, which has fat soluble vitamins.  I've been doing this consistently for over 2 years, and my health is better than ever, not just how I look and feel, but also my yearly physical and test results show it too.  I know people who have been doing this for 10 to 20 years, and they are very healthy.

I never said all I eat is beef patties.  I said I make a meal of that some times.  I already posted what else I eat:

I still drink an occasional cup of decaf coffee with heavy cream and sugar substitute, occasionally add very low carb condiments (ketchup, mayo, mustard, BBQ sauce, salsa, apple cider vinegar) to my food, and occasionally enjoy sugar free Jell-O with sugar free whipping cream, or keto treats made with almond or coconut flower and sugar substitutes.

My goal is to gradually give up the above and go 100% carnivore eventually.

I drink mostly water, distilled flat water and purified seltzer water.  I don't drink alcohol.

I eat mostly ribeye steaks, ground beef, burger patties from the grocery store or fast food, bacon, pulled pork, pork rinds, beef brisket, air fried chicken thighs, chicken wings fried in beef tallow (Buffalo Wild Wings), whole eggs, very low carb cheese, butter, bacon grease, heavy whipping cream, shrimp, crab meat, and salmon.

There are plenty of other animal-based foods that I can eat, but the above are the ones that I really enjoy.  My key to sustaining this way of eating is to never eat anything I don't enjoy, and to keep it simple, convenient, and delicious.  I don't eat organ meats.

I don't count calories, don't calculate macros, don't measure ketones or glucose, don't care if my food is organic or grass-fed grass-finished.  I just keep it as simple and as convenient as possible.

My favorite restaurants now are Burger King and any Brazilian steakhouse.  I rarely eat out anymore.

Just in case, I have been taking Magnesium Glycinate and vitamins C, D, E (gamma), and an occasional LMNT electrolytes (Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Malate) pocket in my water.  I may not need these and probably will stop using them eventually.

I've effortlessly lost over 20 lbs, energy and mental clarity are through the roof, digestion and bowel movements are better than ever.  I resolved allergies, skin tags (a symptom of insulin resistance) and other skin conditions, chronic joint and back pain, non-alcoholic fatty liver, high blood pressure, and acid reflux.  My triglycerides dropped and continue to improve, while my HDL increased and continues to improve.  I've never had the flu, never had COVID-19, and have only had one mild cold since starting this way of eating.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2022, 08:41:28 AM »
Flexacon, thank you for your concern and warning!

There is fat in beef patties, which has fat soluble vitamins.  I've been doing this consistently for over 2 years, and my health is better than ever, not just how I look and feel, but also my yearly physical and test results show it too.  I know people who have been doing this for 10 to 20 years, and they are very healthy.

I never said all I eat is beef patties.  I said I make a meal of that some times.  I already posted what else I eat:

And you stick to only eating milk, meat, eggs, cheese?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2022, 08:51:02 AM »
And you stick to only eating milk, meat, eggs, cheese?

I don't drink milk.  It has too many carbs for me.  I eat some cheese and some eggs, but I eat meat mostly.  Above I posted all that I eat.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2022, 08:52:18 AM »

That's why you include organ meat like beef liver. I eat an ounce a day, it's like taking a multivitamin/multimineral as well as drinking bone broth at least once or twice a week that I make in my crock pot.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2022, 09:18:09 AM »
That's why you include organ meat like beef liver. I eat an ounce a day, it's like taking a multivitamin/multimineral as well as drinking bone broth at least once or twice a week that I make in my crock pot.

The Keto Kid,

Good job following this diet and not falling victim to the half truths and misinformation regarding red meat, saturated fat, dietary cholesterol, sodium, and LDL levels!

High blood glucose and many plant-based foods compete with vitamins and minerals for absorption.  This is why after removing carbs and plant-based foods, carnivores' need for vitamins and minerals decreases to very low levels.  And that is why many believe eating organ meats or taking multivitamins on a carnivore diet isn't necessary. 

Be careful that you don't get toxicity from vitamin A and other fat soluble vitamins, copper, zinc and other minerals from eating organ meats.  Vitamin A toxicity from eating liver is the biggest concern.

Not the reason why I don't eat liver anymore, but liver has carbs and fructose too.  The liver stores glycogen and processes fructose.

Uric acid levels are not a concern when eating this much meat long term as some believe, as long as the carbs remain very low and alcohol is eliminated from the diet.  However, adding liver/fructose can cause uric acid levels to become a concern on this diet.

The carnivores I know who have been doing this for 10-20 years don't eat organ meats and stick to skeletal muscle meats only.  Some eat organ meats occasionally, but only because they really enjoy them.  Most people don't enjoy eating organ meats.

In case you are interested in learning more about this:

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2022, 09:48:47 AM »
The Keto Kid,

Good job following this diet and not falling victim to the half truths and misinformation regarding red meat, saturated fat, dietary cholesterol, sodium, and LDL levels!

High blood glucose and many plant-based foods compete with vitamins and minerals for absorption.  This is why after removing carbs and plant-based foods, carnivores' need for vitamins and minerals decreases to very low levels.  And that is why many believe eating organ meats or taking multivitamins on a carnivore diet isn't necessary. 

Be careful that you don't get toxicity from vitamin A and other fat soluble vitamins, copper, zinc and other minerals from eating organ meats.  Vitamin A toxicity from eating liver is the biggest concern.

Not the reason why I don't eat liver anymore, but liver has carbs and fructose too.  The liver stores glycogen and processes fructose.

Uric acid levels are not a concern when eating this much meat long term as some believe, as long as the carbs remain very low and alcohol is eliminated from the diet.  However, adding liver/fructose can cause uric acid levels to become a concern on this diet.

The carnivores I know who have been doing this for 10-20 years don't eat organ meats and stick to skeletal muscle meats only.  Some eat organ meats occasionally, but only because they really enjoy them.  Most people don't enjoy eating organ meats.

In case you are interested in learning more about this:

Absolutely, if you're eating massive amount of organ meats you can be at risk, but an ounce a day is an adequate amount, and I'll go days without it as well.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2022, 10:00:04 AM »
Absolutely, if you're eating massive amount of organ meats you can be at risk, but an ounce a day is an adequate amount, and I'll go days without it as well.

Yes, there is individual variation of how much of the fat soluble vitamins and how much of the minerals one can tolerate.

Glad you can tolerate that much!  For some carnivores that's too much, especially when including other vitamin A rich foods such as egg yolks, butter, and fatty fish.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2022, 11:32:51 AM »
It's our ancestral appropriate diet, it's what humans were literally designed to eat and thrive on, meat, organs, raw milk and at times depending on climate fruit/honey.
We are omnivores and thrive almost on anything as long as you don't eat too many calories.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2022, 12:05:30 PM »
Yeah Dr. Chaffee knows his shit, he's been carnivore 10 years, professional rugby player, maintains a great physique all on red meat.
Maybe I'm  related?  ;)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2022, 12:19:34 PM »
We are omnivores and thrive almost on anything as long as you don't eat too many calories.
just look into oxalates, phytates, anti nutrition that are in plants.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2022, 12:23:53 PM »
i just had two glazed and a boston creme sipping my preworkout mocha. The Dunkin Donuts is directly across the street from the gym.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2022, 12:32:28 PM »
just look into oxalates, phytates, anti nutrition that are in plants.
You can look at anything you want but we thrive on different diets. There are people all over the world who live almost exclusively on plants just as there are those who eat almost all meat. Only omnivores have this ability. If you force feed a lion fruit or deer hamburger they would die.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2022, 12:48:06 PM »
You can look at anything you want but we thrive on different diets. There are people all over the world who live almost exclusively on plants just as there are those who eat almost all meat. Only omnivores have this ability. If you force feed a lion fruit or deer hamburger they would die.
the proof is in the results, thousands of vegans and vegetarians come to the carnivore diet with all types of health ailments, IBS, Crohns, Colitis, acid reflux suddenly healed, autoimmune diseases MS, Rheumatoid arthritis, etc suddenly healed, type 2 diabetes suddenly healed, people who had debilitating injuries plantar fasciitis running again. They cut out all plants and thrived.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2022, 01:26:04 PM »
I have heard that liver actually contains quite a few carbs so it's not an ideal meat for keto.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2022, 01:29:20 PM »
the proof is in the results, thousands of vegans and vegetarians come to the carnivore diet with all types of health ailments, IBS, Crohns, Colitis, acid reflux suddenly healed, autoimmune diseases MS, Rheumatoid arthritis, etc suddenly healed, type 2 diabetes suddenly healed, people who had debilitating injuries plantar fasciitis running again. They cut out all plants and thrived.

This is true.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2022, 01:30:08 PM »
I have heard that liver actually contains quite a few carbs so it's not an ideal meat for keto.
I have 2 glasses of raw milk and 1 ounce of liver daily, my carbs are around 20 grams, I'm always in deep ketosis.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2022, 01:30:48 PM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2022, 01:35:27 PM »
I have 2 glasses of raw milk and 1 ounce of liver daily, my carbs are around 20 grams, I'm always in deep ketosis.

Yes, most people get into and stay in ketosis when keeping carbs at 20g or less per day.  Some people can go as high as 50g and stay in ketosis.  Good job!

I like to keep my carbs as close to zero as possible, since they're not essential, and let my body make the carbs that it needs when it needs them.  So I don't do milk.  2 glasses is 24g of carbs.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2022, 01:38:25 PM »

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2022, 01:40:49 PM »
Yes, most people get into and stay in ketosis when keeping carbs at 20g or less per day.  Good job!
the carbs are used up quickly I have the milk pre and post workout. Side note raw milk is absolutely delicious feels like I'm drinking ice cream. And it's really sad that we developed pasteurization, the reason why most humans can't digest milk (myself included) is due to pasteurization, it kills of all the healthy enzymes and bacteria that help digest the lactose. I didn't drink milk for over 20 years due to the fact I'd have extreme gas/Diarrhea, I tried raw milk and have zero digestive issues with it, not to mention this diet alone I never fart, maybe once a day tops.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2022, 01:44:40 PM »
the carbs are used up quickly I have the milk pre and post workout. Side note raw milk is absolutely delicious feels like I'm drinking ice cream. And it's really sad that we developed pasteurization, the reason why most humans can't digest milk (myself included) is due to pasteurization, it kills of all the healthy enzymes and bacteria that help digest the lactose. I didn't drink milk for over 20 years due to the fact I'd have extreme gas/Diarrhea, I tried raw milk and have zero digestive issues with it, not to mention this diet alone I never fart, maybe once a day tops.

Good for you!

But be careful with that raw milk.  It only takes one sip from one bad batch.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2022, 01:45:04 PM »
There are people who just eat chips or chocolate and hardly anything else.

They dont die

Google "Freaky Eaters"

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2022, 01:46:19 PM »
Essential Amino accids  = check
Essential Fats = check
Essential Carbs = they dont exist

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2022, 01:49:30 PM »
Essential Amino accids  = check
Essential Fats = check
Essential Carbs = they dont exist

Eggxactly!

"Thus, exogenous glucose (eg, from added sugars) is not essential for sustaining life in humans, and in most people, restricting dietary carbohydrates seems to produce no ill effects.49 In fact, according to the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine of the US National Academies of Sciences, ‘The lower limit of dietary carbohydrate compatible with life apparently is zero, provided that adequate amounts of protein and fat are consumed’.50"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4975866/