Author Topic: RIP - Cedric McMillan - 04-12-22  (Read 23307 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: RIP - Cedric McMillan - 04-12-22
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2022, 06:26:54 PM »
Covid lol give me a break...

The guy abused steroids, suffered a heart condition from it and ultimately had a heart attack and died.

I.e. Exact same way Rhoden, Mcgarver, Sandoe(i could go on) died. You would have to be absolutely retarded not to see this common denominator. If I had to pin point the key factor Iwould say the upped dosages over the last decade. Possibly the extreme tren dosages. It seems they have to do this to compete today.

And probably never went off

I remember a video if Mike Matarazzo shortly before he died where he said his blood work was "fine" except he has zero HDL

In old days these guys used to come off and even then a bunch of them had heart trouble including Arnold.  The list of bodybuilders who dropped dead in their forties is long

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2022, 06:40:45 PM »
fair enough

tell me more about his past health history

You're asking the right question.

I'll check into his case more.

Deaths within two weeks of the vaccine, I would think has enough probability to make the connection.

Some of these cases are loose though.

Did you know 99-year-old Prince Philip died after getting the vaccine? 😂

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2022, 06:44:02 PM »
fuck that noise

I felt nothing after the first two doses

I felt a bit under the weather the day after the booster and still went to work and felt totally fine the next day

It's been about 5 months since I got the booster so based on the medical experts at GB.com I'll probably be dropping dead any day now.

I'm sure it does make sense to avoid strenuous activity for awhile if you actually have symptomatic covid

They actually had an article saying that Covid causes issues that may come up in exercise.

I felt it was blaming Covid on issues that SOME people have from their bodies over-producing the spike protein.

That's good you didn't get jab issues.

My suspicion though, is you are too healthy to need any flu shots.

If you did it to not give Covid to others, that's cool though. But I'm confident if you are in perfect health, that you would be fine. Depending on your age and BMI.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2022, 06:44:55 PM »
Covid lol give me a break...

The guy abused steroids, suffered a heart condition from it and ultimately had a heart attack and died.

I.e. Exact same way Rhoden, Mcgarver, Sandoe(i could go on) died. You would have to be absolutely retarded not to see this common denominator. If I had to pin point the key factor Iwould say the upped dosages over the last decade. Possibly the extreme tren dosages. It seems they have to do this to compete today.

There's no proof he died of the vaccine, but we've had more bodybuilders die in the past two years than any other 2-year period in history.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2022, 07:52:18 PM »
There's no proof he died of the vaccine, but we've had more bodybuilders die in the past two years than any other 2-year period in history.

I'm going to need more than one data point to draw a conclusion

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2022, 08:07:08 PM »
No disrespect, but I am expecting David Muir to bump this above Ukraine tomorrow evening. Why is Cedric’s death figuring as a major lead story on CNN online, BBC online, Fox News online, etc.? Is bodybuilding poised for a major comeback in mainstream media?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2022, 08:13:42 PM »
No disrespect, but I am expecting David Muir to bump this above Ukraine tomorrow evening. Why is Cedric’s death figuring as a major lead story on CNN online, BBC online, Fox News online, etc.? Is bodybuilding poised for a major comeback in mainstream media?

;D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2022, 08:38:14 PM »

;D

He isn't actually joking. It was the most read news story on BBC online! Twilight zone stuff.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2022, 10:31:40 PM »
I'm going to need more than one data point to draw a conclusion

I agree with that - your mind is in the right price following that thought process.

My view is basically this:

Covid is not a big risk for non-elderly people without medical conditions, barring severe/morbid obesity [61% of American children who died of Covid were SEVERELY obese...I think that's BMI of, what, 30? 35?].

For me, 5.8.6", I think 266-lb is the start of the severe obesity range.

So a dude my height and 300 may struggle with Covid. Although incidentally, a Strongman friend of mine is exactly that, and managed to get out of Covid ok.

But it is a risk.

As for the vaccines - not as many people died as I thought would. Having said that, enough people did die that any other pharmaceutical would have been recalled by now.

I have one final note to you on that: have you noticed people are getting sicker more with successive boosters?

I have noticed that.

That happened wirh Primemuscle's daughter.

So I'd pay mind to that.

But if you've been vaxxed and boosted...my guess is you have good genetics for these vaccines.

My friend's mom got so sick with Covid despite getting the vaccine, that she is confident she received a placebo.

I can't comment on that. But I do think it was suspect that Pfizer was asking for 75 years to release the data until a judge forced them too.

So...I still have apprehensions here.

I myself need more data points - on all of it.

But honestly - I had Covid, and have no evidence I am at serious risk, given my age, health status, and body weight.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2022, 10:37:36 PM »

That's hilarious - first Flexacon posting it was on BBC, which I thought was a joke...and then I noticed an NBC article...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/obituaries/bodybuilding-champion-cedric-mcmillan-dead-44-rcna24224

Maybe they are getting traction from it by calling it a Covid death.

Whatever the cause - massive gear usage and being over 300-lb for years/decades is a comorbidity for all bodybuilders.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2022, 11:27:02 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted already. Pose in Peace big man.

Hendrixian

• Getbig II
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2022, 12:07:23 AM »
Getting off gear and putting your family and kids first is completely out of question for these dudes, most literally prefer to die than to be normal. If a regular gym rat is insecure about his body, I imagine how a thong warrior must feel.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2022, 02:10:19 AM »
I know a fella who gets heart palpitations after every vaccine shot.  Totally healthy otherwise, scary stuff. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2022, 04:28:59 AM »
Getting off gear and putting your family and kids first is completely out of question for these dudes, most literally prefer to die than to be normal. If a regular gym rat is insecure about his body, I imagine how a thong warrior must feel.

And what about those who, Gamble,Drink,Smoke, take rec drugs Excessively Why Not also
Have a go at Them for Not Putting Family & Kids 1st most of them would literally prefer to Die
than be normal.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
Re: Cedric McMillan RIP
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2022, 05:35:25 AM »
absolutely, Serge Nubret ate one meal a day, give the prolonged fasting a shot you won't be disappointed.

So you stop eating Friday night and restart Monday at breakfast, or is it Friday night till Sunday night?

Hendrixian

• Getbig II
« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2022, 10:43:27 AM »
And what about those who, Gamble,Drink,Smoke, take rec drugs Excessively Why Not also
Have a go at Them for Not Putting Family & Kids 1st most of them would literally prefer to Die
than be normal.

They are also stupid, that simple.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2022, 11:08:11 AM »
So you stop eating Friday night and restart Monday at breakfast, or is it Friday night till Sunday night?
Yeah but usually I'll start a fast a breakfast like Friday 7am to Sunday 7am, never eat before bed it just fucks up your circadian rhythm. Last week I did 3 days, sometimes you get in a zone and want to keep going.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2022, 11:22:07 AM »
Never understood why he humped Arnold after his win.
Arnold couldn't recover after this incident  :'(

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2022, 12:53:14 PM »
not to beat a dead horse'no pun'intended but 70-90s bbers had issues and the ones who did there thing and stopped live what seems good healthish lives,this era is bad and the older guys who keep at it get really fuked up.they eat too much,juice too much,then diet to kill themselves...
QFT RIP Cedric

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2022, 06:33:36 PM »
I don't have kids so I don't have the parental juice flowing and I can only imagine how strong that bond is, but even I find it incredibly hard to comprehend the idea of putting yourself in kidney failure or any of the other major problems these guys have landed themselves in and then just carrying on.  Pretty much everybody I know with kids would do anything for them, yet here we have these guys on large steroid doses and they're either that fucking stupid or selfish, that they are prepared to carry on and die when their kids are young and leave the mother to pick up the pieces.  It's very strange.  I am that selfish, I understand it - but I don't understand it if you're a parent.  They behave as if they don't have kids.  Bostin Lloyd is one of the strongest examples of that to me.  A likeable and seemingly rational guy completely manages to kill himself before he is 30, leaving what seemed to be essentially a perfect life behind.  I know he died of heart issue, but the writing was on the wall, regardless.  Now his girl has to pick herself back up and is currently stuck on instagram, a month or so later posting discount codes to keep the money up so she can be a single mother, raising his kid.  I don't care how decent he seemed, that's a raw deal for the rest of his family.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2022, 07:27:03 PM »
I don't have kids so I don't have the parental juice flowing and I can only imagine how strong that bond is, but even I find it incredibly hard to comprehend the idea of putting yourself in kidney failure or any of the other major problems these guys have landed themselves in and then just carrying on.  Pretty much everybody I know with kids would do anything for them, yet here we have these guys on large steroid doses and they're either that fucking stupid or selfish, that they are prepared to carry on and die when their kids are young and leave the mother to pick up the pieces.  It's very strange.  I am that selfish, I understand it - but I don't understand it if you're a parent.  They behave as if they don't have kids.  Bostin Lloyd is one of the strongest examples of that to me.  A likeable and seemingly rational guy completely manages to kill himself before he is 30, leaving what seemed to be essentially a perfect life behind.  I know he died of heart issue, but the writing was on the wall, regardless.  Now his girl has to pick herself back up and is currently stuck on instagram, a month or so later posting discount codes to keep the money up so she can be a single mother, raising his kid.  I don't care how decent he seemed, that's a raw deal for the rest of his family.
the difference is Cedric had life insurance and a military pension, not that it makes juicing in your 40s justified but at least his family is set financially,  at least for awhile.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2022, 09:11:02 PM »
the difference is Cedric had life insurance and a military pension, not that it makes juicing in your 40s justified but at least his family is set financially,  at least for awhile.

That's a good point. I sometimes think that I need to be here for my kids - but they will be set [at least for a while] if I'm not. Life insurance is important for that reason.

When I think of Cedric's death, I think - maybe I don't have much to complain about. It must truly suck to go through physical disease like that. There's something positive about when problems are only mental - even though I wouldn't wish either on anyone.

It's a shame that Cedric didn't slim down when these troubles started.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2022, 09:36:21 PM »
How do you know he was vaccinated?

Great question!

How do you know he wasn’t?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2022, 10:50:52 PM »
Great question!

How do you know he wasn’t?
there's photos of him getting the vaccine I saw it posted somewhere yesterday, it's mandatory, all military personnel have to be vaccinated.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2022, 12:11:03 AM »

That is good, but depending on the age of the kids, it's still abandoning the mother to basically be even more encumbered by bringing up the kids.  I know a single mother of 2 who has very little support from anybody and she barely has any time.  I have more life in a week than she probably does in 6 months.