Author Topic: Serious question about diversity  (Read 4450 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Serious question about diversity
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2022, 08:26:38 PM »
Blacks spend more of their disposable income on things, gays too, but those DI and ESG scores are also a huge driver of this. Good scores equal no press, or good press. Whitey will grumble on the internet, but they'll still spent their money. Same with the Asians, and the Hispanics. So there is no consequence, and perhaps a little gain.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2022, 08:48:36 PM »
Blacks spend more of their disposable income on things, gays too, but those DI and ESG scores are also a huge driver of this. Good scores equal no press, or good press. Whitey will grumble on the internet, but they'll still spent their money. Same with the Asians, and the Hispanics. So there is no consequence, and perhaps a little gain.

“Good press” is an interesting comment because you could maybe argue that it represents a soft sort of  way of being “coerced” (maybe a bit like Chinese social credits) that goes outside the realm of pure profitability. Also your comment about blacks spending their money on “things” is an interesting comment that may play into the ultra presence of blacks on television. I live in an area that is way more white than black but when I go to the mega-mall near me, there are practically more blacks than whites inside the mall. Are the whites buying less? Or are they at home ordering online on Amazon? My perspective is to not get all hot and bothered about all this (like a lot of people here), but to just try to figure it all out somewhat.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2022, 09:00:19 PM »
Brutal if true

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2022, 01:20:58 AM »
I see how this works now...

We all know Jews run the media. They know it. It used to only be pockets of knowledge. Now it's known by far more people, and apparently, everyone on here. And now I guess the goal is to prevent  that knowledge from being known to be known.

If you look at the trajectory of the plandemic joke, the trucker convoy was when it became clear that not only everyone knew it was a joke - but we knew that we knew.

I think something like this has happened with the ethnic ownership of our media + the real reason for diversity, which is just an agenda to erase Whites from everything.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2022, 01:54:06 AM »
My nikkas

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2022, 02:57:04 AM »
Another one of the advertising trends that I'm seeing now is seeing Black folks in what I call "White people situations." Like last week I saw a commercial about a medication in which Tyrone and La' Quisha were free climbing what looked to be El Capitán. Now, I'm not Black but I do know Black folks tend not to do boneheaded shit like freeclimbing a 2500 feet tall granite wall. 

Whoever put together this commercial ought to be fired.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2022, 03:14:00 AM »
You crusters watch television?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2022, 04:37:54 AM »

“So don’t tax my gig so hardcore, cruster.”

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2022, 04:47:56 AM »
It still doesn’t add up. It must be that most of the people spending the money somehow want to see this diversity flavor. Television programming and ad creation totally relate to profits. Few of the above comments address that, or something unexplained is going on. Are corporate executives sitting around saying, “oh let’s be “woke” rather than profitable?” Wouldn’t their shareholders tell them to take a hike if that were truly the case?

It must be the case that showing a lot of black people and fat people somehow equates to higher profits, but I admit I am as stumped as the next person as to why.

I have a take - but based on the UK rather than the States

We've had quite a lot of press after the George Floyd thing about the lack of representation.  Because we are all CEO's ( ;)) we know the real power is in the boardroom.  However, that's not gonna change (at least quickly)

So how can the corporations look woke without really doing jack shit?

Simples - make all of their advertising 'diverse' so people can fool themselves into thinking that makes some sort of difference.  I can't think of any other real reason for the stampede - I certainly don't think it's to try to chase a different market

I think this kind of aligns with what I'm saying here...
T

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2022, 04:53:37 AM »
As long as they keep showing the Subaru commercial where the entire black family goes car shopping together- they buy a nice new Subaru- and then the entire family goes camping. Yes, camping. 

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHBAH!
a

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2022, 06:04:29 AM »

This is a major point. Most whites with brains have moved on from television and movies. The last TV show I watched regularly was the Sopranos. It’s been at least 15 years since I’ve been to a movie theatre. I couldn’t name a single Academy Award best picture candidate for this past year.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/411806/average-daily-time-watching-tv-us-ethnicity/

U.S. TV consumption: average viewing time 2009-2019, by ethnicity
Published by
Julia Stoll
, May 2, 2022
 In 2019, TV consumption in the United States was highest among African Americans,who watched an average of 3.23 hours of TV each day. Meanwhile, Asian Americans spent around half that amount of time watching television each day.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2022, 07:51:52 AM »
I have a take - but based on the UK rather than the States

We've had quite a lot of press after the George Floyd thing about the lack of representation.  Because we are all CEO's ( ;)) we know the real power is in the boardroom.  However, that's not gonna change (at least quickly)

So how can the corporations look woke without really doing jack shit?

Simples - make all of their advertising 'diverse' so people can fool themselves into thinking that makes some sort of difference.  I can't think of any other real reason for the stampede - I certainly don't think it's to try to chase a different market

I think this kind of aligns with what I'm saying here...

If companies start placing people in positions to fill quotas rather than on meritocracy then companies will start failing.

I think that is actually part of the reset agenda
Businesses going to wall and more people on social credit

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2022, 08:38:30 AM »
I see BB already posted information about ESGs.  :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, to those that think it's about profits, you're right but that's only because a larger entity with a woke agenda will shut companies down financially if they don't go along.

Woke is done by coercion. Many people think that the people who are running things now are high IQ'd and it's an inevitability that they'll take over because of their "intelligence" but the truth is that they are running a mafia and everyone else is playing the game with their arms tied behind their backs. They'd be powerless and laughable if so many people didn't play along with their absolute nonsense.

The power ESGs have over businesses is made very clear in the video below.

Adam Curry takes a critical look at ESGs at 3:10.

Environmental Social Governance Scores:

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2022, 08:47:26 AM »
Another one of the advertising trends I'm seeing is Black folks in what I call "White people situations."

You’re spot-on in this observation. I, too, notice this bullshit.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2022, 08:59:32 AM »
As long as they keep showing the Subaru commercial where the entire black family goes car shopping together- they buy a nice new Subaru- and then the entire family goes camping. Yes, camping. 

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHBAH!

I’ve never seen a black person drive a Subaru in my entire life. Not even a stolen one!

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2022, 09:02:52 AM »
Another one of the advertising trends that I'm seeing now is seeing Black folks in what I call "White people situations.

I’ve also noticed a trend of this but sometimes enters in a non-black (usually a white 95% of the time) acting all crazy and retarded while the black family watches in disbelief. Kind of like what we do to them in reality when they’re looting and hooting. Imagine a wholesome black family at the dinner table where the dad is telling his children about performing a complicated heart surgery today when it’s interrupted because Kerry’s in the kitchen trying to put the pots away

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2022, 10:14:07 AM »
AHA the stock price! I have trying to sit in the CEO’s chair in order to try to drill down on what is going on. The ESG score is interesting.

So if there is anything at the very top of the list of what CEOs care about it is the price of the stock. Now I have been thinking of corporate profitability as totally the driver of stock price, and this is absolutely the primary factor. But what this discussion is making me realize is that there are secondary factors as well, e.g., good press rather than bad press, scores which institutions like mutual funds, pension funds, insurance company investment managers pay attention to. So I think you CAN make the argument that these are somewhat akin to the social credits in communist China.

The only fly in that argument is that there is a big difference between an authoritarian dictatorship and a consumer driven (mainly) democratic society. Don’t pension funds and insurance companies, etc somewhat answer to the end consumer or the voter? I guess that is a philosophical question that depends on how broken you think our system may be. But what then are the motivators?

By the way, do you really see anything that wrong in portraying black people in more upscale “white” type imagery? Jeez, there are enough portrayals that go in exactly the other direction (listen to rap, for example). And every year there are more and more middle class blacks out there.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2022, 10:14:17 AM »
This is a good one. The black guy is meant to be the most non threatening human on the planet: short, chubby, glasses.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2022, 10:19:10 AM »
AHA the stock price! I have trying to sit in the CEO’s chair in order to try to drill down on what is going on. The ESG score is interesting.

So if there is anything at the very top of the list of what CEOs care about it is the price of the stock. Now I have been thinking of corporate profitability of totally directly linked to stock price, and this is absolutely the primary factor. But what this discussion is making me realize is that there are secondary factors as well, e.g., good press rather than bad press, scores which institutions like mutual funds, pension funds, insurance company investment managers pay attention to. So I think you CAN make the argument that these are somewhat akin to the social credits in communist China.

The only fly in that argument is that there is a big difference between an authoritarian dictatorship and a consumer driven (mainly) democratic society. Don’t pension funds and insurance companies, etc somewhat answer to the end consumer or the voter? I guess that is a philosophical question that depends on how broken our system may be. But what then are the motivators?

The mega tech companies have more money than God and feel guilty about the lack of Black employees, Google is like 2%. They can afford to take a hit for the sack of diversity. They’ve opened offices in Atlanta for no other reason than to attract “Black talent.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/04/atlanta-is-a-growing-hub-for-top-tech-companies-like-apple-and-microsoft-to-find-black-talent.html

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2022, 10:21:41 AM »
The mega tech companies have more money than God and feel guilty about the lack of Black employees, Google is like 2%. They can afford to take a hit for the sack of diversity. They’ve opened offices in Atlanta for no other reason than to attract “Black talent.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/04/atlanta-is-a-growing-hub-for-top-tech-companies-like-apple-and-microsoft-to-find-black-talent.html

An you think that is an unhealthy dynamic?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2022, 10:24:38 AM »

So if there is anything at the very top of the list of what CEOs care about it is the price of the stock. Now I have been thinking of corporate profitability as totally the driver of stock price, and this is absolutely the primary factor. But what this discussion is making me realize is that there are secondary factors as well, e.g., good press rather than bad press, scores which institutions like mutual funds, pension funds, insurance company investment managers pay attention to. So I think you CAN make the argument that these are somewhat akin to the social credits in communist China.

The only fly in that argument is that there is a big difference between an authoritarian dictatorship and a consumer driven (mainly) democratic society. Don’t pension funds and insurance companies, etc somewhat answer to the end consumer or the voter? I guess that is a philosophical question that depends on how broken you think our system may be. But what then are the motivators?

By the way, do you really see anything that wrong in portraying black people in more upscale “white” type imagery? Jeez, there are enough portrayals that go in exactly the other direction (listen to rap, for example). And every year there are more and more middle class blacks out there.

Parker, who hasn’t posted in awhile referred to this as white paternalism.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2022, 10:28:02 AM »
An you think that is an unhealthy dynamic?

They can do what they want, but it’s not big tech’s fault that blacks don’t value education to the extent that Asians do.

In Atlanta it’s actually had a negative affect on the majority of blacks because the influx of tech has driven up real estate prices to absurd levels.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2022, 10:41:57 AM »
Parker, who hasn’t posted in awhile referred to this as white paternalism.

It would be interesting to survey blacks on whether they see these ads as somewhat insulting in that they are “whitewashed” to perfection. I absolutely see the point made here that they are very sugar coated. Another thing would be to ask them how they feel about all the interracial couples? Interracial acceptance is far ahead of where we were 20 or 30 years ago, but there may be just as many traditional type blacks as whites who may not love that imagery.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2022, 11:00:52 AM »
UK TV is almost all black people in advertisements , if not its a mixed race couple

They even dub that stupid dumb voice , the street talk shit over white people.

Thank Fuck I don't have a Television - I don't miss it in The Slightest.

No wonder it's called Programs - they Programming so many Vulnerable
Children & leftist Loonies.

Only The few can see what their doing / trying to do.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2022, 11:05:03 AM »

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHBAH!

Ha ha ha that sound's so Ridiculously Hilarious - I'd like to see it.