Author Topic: Dorian Yates kicks Ronnie's ass Hulkster is a punk Bitch and fuck any truce  (Read 3167815 times)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Hulkster I'm calling for a Truce
« Reply #8550 on: August 24, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »
Pumpster, give the man a break.  I think Haney looks damn good in a majority of pics. I can see where you talk about the arms being a shortcoming.  In fact, Haney and Dorian hit a lot of shots that were very impressive as they took the onus off of the limbs.  However, I dig Haney as he did have that tiny wasp waist that gave him the illusion of incredible taper and size.  BTW, I still really dig Dorian 1993, but every flaw that you have pointed out about his physique thereafter I concur (espicially 1994/1997).  Regardless, Ronnie is from another planet altogether and noone in the next twenty years will get on stage with his degree of conditioning and muscularity. 

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8551 on: August 24, 2006, 04:42:28 PM »
 :o :o :o :o

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #8552 on: August 24, 2006, 04:43:56 PM »
Haney's legs look tiny there.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #8553 on: August 24, 2006, 05:00:31 PM »
I think Haney at his peak was really good. Not at ronnie's peak level, but really good none the less 8)

he had a taper like the 99 Ronnie did and the same shitty abs too! :)

he had a good most muscular
Flower Boy Ran Away

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #8554 on: August 24, 2006, 05:01:31 PM »
shit, Sonny Schmidt is owning them both in that shot, IMO.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8555 on: August 24, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »
Very sad about Sonny and the cancer thing.  He looked amazing.  I don't know why he never placed top three at the Mr. Olympia.  Don't remember if he had shortcomings in the back dept.  From the front, he was better than Yates and possibly even Haney.  He had impressive legs also.  Sad case. RIP

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8556 on: August 24, 2006, 09:38:10 PM »
see, you didn't answer the question. You used the 2004 Ronnie as a comparison to show how Dorian's dryness and conditioning is a virtue.

Problem, is, the 2004 Ronnie looks like this:

and the 1998 Ronnie looks like this:

big difference.

so, you didn't really answer the question at all.

No one is talking about the 2004 Ronnie.

We are talking about Ronnie at his best.

You are absolutely correct in saying that dryness and conditioning is certainly a muscular quality.

BUT in order for this to be a major advantage, this dryness and conditioning must facilitate the appearence of details that lie beneath the skin.

ie. cuts, striations, vascularity etc.

In Dorian, large parts of his body lacked these details in comparison to Ronnie.

Thus, the dryness he displayed would not be much of an advantage at all.

Striated muscle always looks better than smooth muscle for the most part.

The 1998 Coleman? No problem. So, let's compare him to Dorian's 257 lbs version from either 1993 or 1995:

Muscularity - Dorian destroys him. No contest. Dorian simply had flat out more muscle than Ronnie in the key areas, such as chest and back, to flat out beat him on muscularity. The only one of Coleman's bodyparts which were a match for Dorian on muscularity, when comparing them in these respective years, were his quadriceps. At everything else, Ronnie gets destroyed. The difference in lat and christmas-tree thickness in favor of Dorian, alone, would make it very, very difficult for Ronnie to get the nod over Diesel. Even in his 1999 version, Ronnie was still no match for Dorian in the back department, so his 1998 version gets blown away. Like I've mentioned previously, Dorian could still hold his own, when it comes to back, even against the 2003 version of Ronnie; the 1998 Ronnie looks like an small and flat from the back, when compared to Dorian.

Symmetry - This is a tough one: Ronnie has the better taper; Dorian, the better abs and lower body balance. In fact, Dorian's structure is superior to Ronnie's, because Dorian's quads are longer and his waist is torso is shorter. Many people go on and on about Ronnie's superior genetics. Not true: his only genetic edge, over Dorian, is that his hip bones are narrower, which is the case for most Black bodybuilders. Dorian, for instance, has genetically superior calves, abs and teres major. The symmetry round could go either way: Ronnie has a slightly better taper, but Dorian has the better abdominals; Ronnie has longer muscle bellies on his upper-body, but Dorian has a more balanced lower body.

Conditioning - You go on and on about Ronnie's superior conditioning, in relation to Dorian, but nothing could be further from the truth. You are correct that Ronnie has more separations on some bodyparts and has more overrall striations. What you're forgetting, though, is that, even though Dorian is heavier, he still has tons of striations on his chest and his abdominal separations are actually better than Ronnie's. Coleman has a little bit more upper-back separations than Dorian; but Dorian is thicker, wider and denser.

You try to make Coleman's conditioning, from 1998, appear as something special, which it was not. In fact, Ronnie was no dryer or harder than Flex; he defeated Wheeler do to his greater muscularity with great taper, not because his density or dryness gave his musculature a preter-human quality...like it did to Dorian. You have asked what's the point of having great conditioning without anything to show for it. Well, I've demonstrated that Dorian did have a lot to show for it, in the form of incredible back separations and a six-pack abs - at a greater level of muscularity1 Now, what you're forgetting is that conditioning is a quality into itself: it gave Dorian's overrall musculature an appearance of having being sculpted in rock which Ronnie simply lacked. This counts. As for vascularity, I'll give that to you. but the thing is that vascularity is a matter of taste, and I've never seen a pro being marked down for not having a lot of it; but I've seen pros being marked down for having too much of it. Ronnie is more vascular, but I don't think it's relevant, to be completely honest with you.

Now, how would they compare in the mandatories? Let's see...

Front double biceps - Ronnie wins it, in virtue os his better biceps and better front quadriceps separations. His waist is also smaller, although Dorian has the better abs.

Abs-and-thighs - Dorian wins. Ronnie's better front quadriceps separations are not as visible on this mandatory, and Dorian has the superior abdominals and serratus.

Front lat spread - Dorian wins again: his waist is not as tiny as Ronnie's, but his taper is more dramatic because his lats flare out so much more. Both in muscularity and symmetry, Dorian takes Ronnie out.

Back double biceps - Debatable. Ronnie has superior biceps. Ok. But the purpose of this pose is to show all the muscles of the back contracting. Now, Ronnie has slightly better upper-back separations, but Dorian takes him out in lat width and thickness. He also takes him out in lower back striations and crhistmas-tree thickness. Point for Dorian. His hams and glutes are just as striated as Coleman's...and Dorian has calves. I'll give Coleman a tie only due to his superior biceps. But in everything else, Dorian destroys him.

Rear lat spread - Dorian wins. His lats are much wider than that of the 1998 Ronnie, and his middle back is much thicker. His overrall back is also denser...and he has calves.

Side chest - Tie. Dorian's chest is thicker, but Coleman's is more striated. Ronnie lacks calve mass from the sides, and that's a symmetry liability.

Side triceps - Dorian has greater triceps mass and his outer triceps head is longer and more shapely. Dorian's monster calves also add to the pose, giving hi better symmetry when compared to Coleman. Dorian wins this mandatory flat out.

Ok, Hulkter, I compared Dorian to the 1998 Ronnie and deonstrated that Dorian had the superior musularity and conditioning, and would win most mandatories. Ronnie only takes Dorian out in taper and separations in a few areas. Game over. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #8557 on: August 24, 2006, 09:42:26 PM »
I orignally came into this thread being a big Yates fan - now I am of the idea that Yates truly was overrated.

It really makes you think when the man who was basically taking care of Dorian 3 weeks leading into the Olympia was the head judge! ??? :-\

After watching Dorian's 1997 posing routine, I was just disgusted. His back was good and that was it. He looked absolutely hideous.

I can honestly say that I have never been embarrased to look or view one of Ronnie's pictures or videos. Dorian on the other hand after the bicep tear is just an embarrasment to the sport. HOW the fuck can he win the symmetry round when one of his biceps is rolled up to his shoulder??? ???

In 1993, Dorian was dominant. But, that should have been his only Olympia win along with 92. Once you tear your bicep, you cannot be the best physique in the world, no way. and sure as hell you aren't going to beat Ronnie Coleman who has superior size, shape, and cuts.

But it cannot be that simple. Any time I watch an Olympia dorian competed in, the crowd always went nuts for him. His posing routines were always awesome. Powerful music, powerful physique. But if he looked this bad in pictures and videos, how did he win, and why did the crowd go nuts for him? ???

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8558 on: August 24, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »
When will it occur within the dim regions of SUCKY's delusions that at least half of his pics actually confirmed Coleman's dominance? Duh! ;D

First of all, this pic of Coleman was not posted by me. Secondly, do you think these pis confirms Coleman's dominance? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8559 on: August 24, 2006, 09:48:15 PM »
Here is the original question with the original comparison - Ronnie and Dorian both at their bests...

You can't run any longer ND.

i give it to dorian.

everyone from oleg zuhr to jeff long looked amazing the at 99 english grand prix.  the lighting is wierd and there is no background, making the guys look much better than they do at the Olympia stage.  just look at a pic of ronnie at the olympia in 99 and english grand prix.  big difference.  look at any pics of any of the guys at that show vs. any other show and you'll see a dramtic difference.

what is ironic is that dorian promoted that show.

what's your point, hulkster.  you posted a pic for a pose that isnt even a mandatory.  

how about the abs and thigh, side tricep, or any quarter turn pose?

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #8560 on: August 24, 2006, 09:49:58 PM »
Please post a Yates picture that can match this, you can't.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8561 on: August 24, 2006, 09:50:15 PM »
I orignally came into this thread being a big Yates fan - now I am of the idea that Yates truly was overrated.

It really makes you think when the man who was basically taking care of Dorian 3 weeks leading into the Olympia was the head judge! ??? :-\

After watching Dorian's 1997 posing routine, I was just disgusted. His back was good and that was it. He looked absolutely hideous.

I can honestly say that I have never been embarrased to look or view one of Ronnie's pictures or videos. Dorian on the other hand after the bicep tear is just an embarrasment to the sport. HOW the f**k can he win the symmetry round when one of his biceps is rolled up to his shoulder??? ???

In 1993, Dorian was dominant. But, that should have been his only Olympia win along with 92. Once you tear your bicep, you cannot be the best physique in the world, no way. and sure as hell you aren't going to beat Ronnie Coleman who has superior size, shape, and cuts.

But it cannot be that simple. Any time I watch an Olympia dorian competed in, the crowd always went nuts for him. His posing routines were always awesome. Powerful music, powerful physique. But if he looked this bad in pictures and videos, how did he win, and why did the crowd go nuts for him? ???

will you be saying the same thing when ronnie competes this year with a torn left tricep?????

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8562 on: August 24, 2006, 09:52:50 PM »

please post a coleman picture that can match this, you cant'. 

notice the calves and xmas tree. 

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #8563 on: August 24, 2006, 09:53:17 PM »

will you be saying the same thing when ronnie competes this year with a torn left tricep?????

See the difference between Yates and Coleman is that Coleman is still easily the best man on stage. Review any picture from the 05 Olympia and this is obvious. Yates was not the best man on stage winning several Olympias.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8564 on: August 24, 2006, 09:54:56 PM »

I can honestly say that I have never been embarrased to look or view one of Ronnie's pictures or videos. Dorian on the other hand after the bicep tear is just an embarrasment to the sport. HOW the f**k can he win the symmetry round when one of his biceps is rolled up to his shoulder??? ???

personally, i think dorian looks much better in the video than in pictures.

same thing with markus ruhl in the 04 olympia. 

did you order the 97 Olympia?  it isnt on youtube.  where did you see it?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #8565 on: August 24, 2006, 09:56:12 PM »

great shot.

why don't you post the rest of it:

ironic that at 42 years of age it still beats any Yates most muscular..
 ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #8566 on: August 24, 2006, 09:58:52 PM »

personally, i think dorian looks much better in the video than in pictures.

same thing with markus ruhl in the 04 olympia. 

did you order the 97 Olympia?  it isnt on youtube.  where did you see it?

Dorian looks horrendus in the 97 Olympia video. When he hits a hands clasped MM, his left bicep looks terrible rolled up to his shoulder. Not to mention his very weird shaped shoulders, and poorly separated quads.

Even at his best in 93, Dorian never looked anything like this. Yates has one advantage over Coleman and that is calves. But, that one advantage cannot make up for his small, and poorly separated arms compared to Coleman (in the front double bi pose), oddly shaped shoulders and quads, and his wide waist.

See, Coleman matched Yates' best muscularity but with much much better shape. And then he blew him away in 2003 at 287lbs.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8567 on: August 24, 2006, 09:59:23 PM »
See the difference between Yates and Coleman is that Coleman is still easily the best man on stage. Review any picture from the 05 Olympia and this is obvious. Yates was not the best man on stage winning several Olympias.

05, yes coleman was.  cutler was very off.  

but what about 2000, 01, and 02?

shawn looked great in 94 and 96, but was just too small.  

its that old cliche saying: 'you cant beat the champ, you have to ko him'.

shawn didnt have enough to do that in 94 or 96.  no one did against dorian.  and so far, except 2000 and 01, same for coleman.

the difference is that shawn was 205 lbs. going against yates who was 260.

cutler weighed about the same as coleman in 01 at 265 and levrone was about 245 against coleman who weighed 250 or so.  

big difference.  

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8568 on: August 24, 2006, 10:01:04 PM »
Ronnie in 03 would defeat 95 Dorian in muscularity and symmetry. Dorian had a torn biceps and wide waist.

He was missing a biceps, but Coleman was still missing two calves! ;) Ronnie would defeat Dorian in muscularity, and that would be enough for him to win the contest. This does not mean, however, that Ronnie, in his 2003 version, was a more complete bodybuilder than Dorian in 1995.

I'm sorry, but Coleman's entire midsection was horrible when compared to that of the 1995 Dorian: it was distended, with terrible abdominal and serratus separations and his taper sucked. No way that Ronnie in 2003 had a better taper than that of the 1995 Dorian! Yates' waist was wider than Ronnie's in 1998, but the 2003 Ronnie takes Dorian out when it comes to waist size! In 1995, Dorian's small waist contrasted incredibly with his lat width, giving him a dramati taper. Furthermore, he had two things Ronnie lacked in 2003: a flat stomach and incredible abdominal separations. You're seriously deluded if you think that a gut that looks like that of someone who's impregnated with an alien queen, or like a nine months pregnant women does not represent a liability on the symmetry round! Ronnie's gut distension is not aceptable for a complete bodybuilding criteria. Get over it. ::)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #8569 on: August 24, 2006, 10:01:30 PM »

post a pic of yates from the FRONT that matches this.

even in 1993, its not going to happen.

Posting a lat spread showing smooth muscle everywhere is not going to cut it.

Neither will an ab shot that shows pathetic quads...

After viewing the 99 video again, I believe that Ronnie 99 may have been the most amazing ever seen onstage. He is unreal. This screenshot is only a fraction of a second frozen in time and it is incredible on its own. Never mind the actual poses..

Flower Boy Ran Away

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8570 on: August 24, 2006, 10:04:56 PM »
Dorian looks horrendus in the 97 Olympia video. When he hits a hands clasped MM, his left bicep looks terrible rolled up to his shoulder. Not to mention his very weird shaped shoulders, and poorly separated quads.

Even at his best in 93, Dorian never looked anything like this. Yates has one advantage over Coleman and that is calves. But, that one advantage cannot make up for his small, and poorly separated arms compared to Coleman (in the front double bi pose), oddly shaped shoulders and quads, and his wide waist.

See, Coleman matched Yates' best muscularity but with much much better shape. And then he blew him away in 2003 at 287lbs.

seperated arms compared to coleman in the front double bi?  yes, but what about the side tricep pose - no way coleman wins.

his delts are fine.  

his quads always looked kinda wierd, but has some of the most prominent tear drops ever.

yates' waist was wide that year, but what about coleman's gut in other years.  

taper has never been a big strength for dorian, so what then.  same thing for bi's.

however, one of coleman's strength was his taper that he's ruined more and more every year.  

coleman's muscularity was in 03 was better than dorian's, but not his conditioning.  which way would the judges have gone?  

remember, yates was 260-265 and the hardest guy on stage.  coleman isnt nearly as hard, or competed against anyone even close to yates size AND conditioning.  

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8571 on: August 24, 2006, 10:07:18 PM »
post a pic of yates from the FRONT that matches this.

even in 1993, its not going to happen.

Posting a lat spread showing smooth muscle everywhere is not going to cut it.

Neither will an ab shot that shows pathetic quads...

After viewing the 99 video again, I believe that Ronnie 99 may have been the most amazing ever seen onstage. He is unreal. This screenshot is only a fraction of a second frozen in time and it is incredible on its own. Never mind the actual poses..

i dont think there are any screen shots of dorian similar to the one of coleman.  most of yates' shots are done from the press pit, not freezing a shot from tv.  if they exist, i dont know where they are.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #8572 on: August 24, 2006, 10:07:36 PM »
Ronnie's gut distension is not aceptable for a complete bodybuilding criteria.

neither is having arms, quads, chest and taper that make you look like THIS:

look at that flexed quad! :-\ a HUGE muscle group.. smooth as silk...in his best shape ever no less. Overrated for sure.
Flower Boy Ran Away

LyricTenor

• Getbig III
  • Athiest
« Reply #8573 on: August 24, 2006, 10:07:46 PM »

We work with being, but non-being is what we use.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #8574 on: August 24, 2006, 10:07:58 PM »
This is PATHETIC....I am not going to kid myself anymore, Coleman destroys Yates. If you cannot see the difference, it just goes to show your bias :-\