Author Topic: best fighter of all time!!!!  (Read 17534 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: best fighter of all time!!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 02:38:18 PM »
Name on fighter, in tier prime that could take 10 solid hooks from Tyson in his prime.... Shit most people he boxed couldnt take 3........ So tell me your great HW that could take 10 tyson shots and still have enough sense to box with tyson... look at how tyson ducks and weaves so fast... against a can or a champ its still him doing the same move and hitting with tha same power...

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2006, 06:38:49 PM »
Name on fighter, in tier prime that could take 10 solid hooks from Tyson in his prime.... Shit most people he boxed couldnt take 3........ So tell me your great HW that could take 10 tyson shots and still have enough sense to box with tyson... look at how tyson ducks and weaves so fast... against a can or a champ its still him doing the same move and hitting with tha same power...

Most, if not all, top ten fighters in their prime would be too smart to get caught by 10 solid hooks from Tyson.  They would just easily outbox him and break his will, then he would mentally fold.  Like Earl1972 said, "Tyson did well during a weak era".
Predictions
 40/61

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 01:57:50 PM »
Most, if not all, top ten fighters in their prime would be too smart to get caught by 10 solid hooks from Tyson.  They would just easily outbox him and break his will, then he would mentally fold.  Like Earl1972 said, "Tyson did well during a weak era".

I'm not saying that all 10 hooks come at the same time...I'm saying in a fight period. Tyson had some of the heaviest hands to ever throw on a pair of gloves..(BOXING) cmon i dont think Ali took shots from foreman, But they werent shots from tyson..Rocky couldnt have taken shots from tyson. Foreman wouldve got beaten badly...IF NOT TYSON THEN WHO? ? ? ? ? I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 02:16:13 PM »
Just because he hits hard doesn't make him the best fighter of all time.  Tyson had no heart, and still has no heart.  Once you cracked him a few times he would mentally fold.  If the name of this thread was "The hardest puncher of all time" then you could make an argument for Tyson.  The best fighter of all time, (in this case boxer)  would not only need punching power, but boxing ability, stamina, a chin/heart and solid wins against top primed fighters, Tyson has almost none of those.  Make this argument on any boxing forum and you will be ridiculed.   Anyone who is more than a casual boxing fan would agree Tyson is not the best fighter of all time.
Predictions
 40/61

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 08:07:46 PM »
I consider tyson to be a top 12 heavyweight of all time

don't buy into the hype

he was exciting to watch, which is why everybody has been on his nutsack for the last 20 years :P

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 06:31:16 AM »

don't buy into the hype

he was exciting to watch, which is why everybody has been on his nutsack for the last 20 years :P

E

top 12? hahahaha, this retard gets funnier by the day.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 08:56:52 AM »

don't buy into the hype

E

one more remark like that and youre banned from here!  ::)
Scouser on Tour

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 09:08:50 AM »

Watch out Scrimowser, Earl is going to attack you for knowing more about MMA than him.  ::)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 02:17:32 PM »
Just because he hits hard doesn't make him the best fighter of all time.  Tyson had no heart, and still has no heart.  Once you cracked him a few times he would mentally fold.  If the name of this thread was "The hardest puncher of all time" then you could make an argument for Tyson.  The best fighter of all time, (in this case boxer)  would not only need punching power, but boxing ability, stamina, a chin/heart and solid wins against top primed fighters, Tyson has almost none of those.  Make this argument on any boxing forum and you will be ridiculed.   Anyone who is more than a casual boxing fan would agree Tyson is not the best fighter of all time.

Tyson had more then Hard hits, look at the man duck and weave, watch his foot movement, PLUS THE MAN WAZS QUICK AS HELL.... shit on top of being fast he threw hard... but enough about tyson's power since thats all you thought he had... Heart tyson had heart when gus was still with him... gus was Tyson's heart and when he died so did tysons heart... I watched tyson at the alladin in the past couple weeks and the man is still quick as hell...And name ten fighters that cracked tyson a couple of times and made him fold.. with all the medication they've put tyson on its f*cked with the mans head.... let him off his meds. and tyson becomes crazy tyson again today he would walk in and become heavyweight champ again with ease... these days are weak so not much of an accomplishment.. AND PAL TYSON HAD SPEED.....POWER.......ST AMINA.....

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2006, 03:20:58 PM »
You guys know anythng about Mike.  He grew up beating up people and getting in fights everyday on the streets till Gus took him in.  He is a "true" streetfighter.  Now saying that, I don't think he would beat some guys in the Octagon but he does have street savvy.  And to tell you the truth he is a scapper and getting him on the ground could be harder than you think, but once he is there he would be done.

He better work with a greco coach to teach him underhooks, neck snap downs, two on ones and arm drags.  Plus, he better get a bjj coach.  I don't think he will fight MMA.  He would get mauled.  Under boxing rules, he would destroy most MMA fighters. 

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2006, 04:49:58 PM »
...And name ten fighters that cracked tyson a couple of times and made him fold.. with all the medication they've put tyson on its f*cked with the mans head.... let him off his meds. and tyson becomes crazy tyson again today he would walk in and become heavyweight champ again with ease... these days are weak so not much of an accomplishment.. AND PAL TYSON HAD SPEED.....POWER.......ST AMINA.....

What's with you and the number ten?  Tyson hasn't even fought ten good fighters in his life.  Name ten, primed top ten Heavyweights that tyson has beaten.  An already ageing Holyfield Tko'd him once,and was clearly beating Tyson until he mentally folded and bit Holy's ear. Buster Douglas- Mike took him lightly, right? The best fighter of all time wouldn't take anyone lightly. Lennox destroyed Mike,  Mike couldn't even land one hard punch, much less ten.  Danny Williams, no explanation needed, Kevin Mcbride, Ditto on the explanation.  His only wins when he was in his so called "prime", that were of any significance were against ,Michael Spinks who was a blown up light heavyweight who also reeped the benefits of a weak division, Larry holmes was past his prime and pushing 40 yrs old.  I actually took you seriously until you said "Mike off his meds would become champ with ease", sadly even then he wouldn't be champ.
Predictions
 40/61

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2006, 09:25:12 AM »
What's with you and the number ten?  Tyson hasn't even fought ten good fighters in his life.  Name ten, primed top ten Heavyweights that tyson has beaten.  An already ageing Holyfield Tko'd him once,and was clearly beating Tyson until he mentally folded and bit Holy's ear. Buster Douglas- Mike took him lightly, right? The best fighter of all time wouldn't take anyone lightly. Lennox destroyed Mike,  Mike couldn't even land one hard punch, much less ten.  Danny Williams, no explanation needed, Kevin Mcbride, Ditto on the explanation.  His only wins when he was in his so called "prime", that were of any significance were against ,Michael Spinks who was a blown up light heavyweight who also reeped the benefits of a weak division, Larry holmes was past his prime and pushing 40 yrs old.  I actually took you seriously until you said "Mike off his meds would become champ with ease", sadly even then he wouldn't be champ.

The number ten was just used for the reason of everything in my book has a top ten..... Wether you believe tyson would become champ off the meds or not.... Do you believe that tyson has been a differant fighter since he was put on meds... the man is a f*cking crazy ass freak...after seeing tyson at the alladin training i think he could come back right now and be a force.. These days boxing is a joke in the heavyweight division... not saying im a bad ass, so no one say go fight then..... im just saying the caliper of fighters in this day and age suck in the heavies of boxing.... Spinks was a blown up heavyweight but name a time when the profesional ranks were full of dominant and excellent fighters and if you say ali, frazier, foreman.....sure it was a great time in boxing but tyson could've hung with any of them.... wether you like tyson or not my bottom line is the man was a freak of nature in the ring  and out of control  outside of them....Chutebox you bring up good points i will give you that my friend......

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2006, 11:19:27 AM »
top 12? hahahaha, this retard gets funnier by the day.

haha simple response from a simple mind 8)

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2006, 11:22:33 AM »

does the truth hurt?  tyson is overrated you've said nothing to make me think otherwise and any guy that gets paid to know boxing or any boxing historian would agree with me

knocking out cans doesn't amke you great ::)\

I think it's funny how a guy like you who had no clue who the Nogueira brothers were can actually ban me from an mma board

go watch your TUF season 1 dvd noob :P

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2006, 11:25:20 AM »
Watch out Scrimowser, Earl is going to attack you for knowing more about MMA than him.  ::)

yeah a guy who had no clue who nog was lol

is dj scribble responding to your text messages?

i hope you enjoy the ppv on sunday, your first pride event aside from what is shown on fsn ;D

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2006, 11:32:31 AM »

it's a relief to see that somebody else knows what they are talking about :)

buster douglas was the only b list fighter that had the balls to go toe to toe with him

and tyson got knocked the fuck out 8)

E

E

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2006, 07:38:45 PM »
Sugar Ray Robinson period 125wins before first lost! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Journeyman

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2006, 04:48:41 AM »
yo retard, fair enough i didnt know who they were because i had no interest in pride what so ever. In the last 6 months i have come right up to speed with Pride so its fair to say i know excatly who they are now. TUF dvd newb? Is that the best you have? Fuck me, youre so slow mentally you have to pick that up from 50 other people who use it on the Boards. Ive been an MMA fan since UFC 1, have studied martial arts since for 20 years so i know exactly what im talking about in regards to these subjects. You on the otherhand get offended by anyone that challenges the God complex you put on yourself.

And just so you know, the post about being banned was made in humour you twat. Its a shame your dad didnt wipe the toilet seat after he had a wank cos if your mum didnt need to piss away all the alcohol shes driven to drink you wouldnt be here.
Scouser on Tour

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »
yo retard, fair enough i didnt know who they were because i had no interest in pride what so ever. In the last 6 months i have come right up to speed with Pride so its fair to say i know excatly who they are now. TUF dvd newb? Is that the best you have? f**k me, youre so slow mentally you have to pick that up from 50 other people who use it on the Boards. Ive been an MMA fan since UFC 1, have studied martial arts since for 20 years so i know exactly what im talking about in regards to these subjects. You on the otherhand get offended by anyone that challenges the God complex you put on yourself.

And just so you know, the post about being banned was made in humour you twat. Its a shame your dad didnt wipe the toilet seat after he had a wank cos if your mum didnt need to piss away all the alcohol shes driven to drink you wouldnt be here.

meltdown ;D

if you are going to claim to know anything about mma YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHO THE BEST HEAVYWEIGHT AND LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT FIGHTERS ARE IN THE WORLD ::)

I don't think that's asking for much :)

as for the banning comment I knew it was a joke I was just pointing out the hilarity in the fact that you can ban me from here when you have no clue about "who is who" in the world of mma

that would be like somebody banning me from the main board here when they have no clue who Flex Wheeler is

don't you see how ridiculous that is?

E
E

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2006, 08:17:42 AM »
and if you had taken any note of what i said, i have since brushed up on Pride fighting and am up to scratch on exactly who is who. Ive watched dozens of compilations of fights for the main HW and LHW fighters so i can evaluate them individually, and it has made me a believer in Pride. There are maybe 4-5 UFC fighters that would put up a decent showing there, everyone else would get mauled
Scouser on Tour

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2006, 09:48:39 AM »
Ive been an MMA fan since UFC 1

I find that really hard to believe.
Predictions
 40/61

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2006, 11:23:42 AM »
why? If im honest, ive been a fan of "MMA" since i watched Bloodsport lol
Scouser on Tour

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2006, 11:59:56 AM »
why? If im honest, ive been a fan of "MMA" since i watched Bloodsport lol

Nothing personal, but I've noticed most people have trouble admitting when they really started watching or following MMA and they mask the truth by claiming to be "an MMA fan since UFC 1" and that little phrase always happens to appear when there is no better rebuttal in an MMA related argument.  Once again, nothing personal, It's just a trend I have picked up on in my years of frequenting various MMA forums and it's at an all time high in the last year or so.
Predictions
 40/61

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2006, 12:07:40 PM »
its OK mate, i remember when i was at school one of my mates who i studied Ju-Jitsu with told me about a guy called Royce Gracie who won a competition against guys who fought in karate etc. Now me being me, i figured this was the real Kumite from Bloodsport ha ha Ever since then ive been hooked.

My dad has studied martial arts for 35 years and has black belts coming out of his ears, and ive been studying since i was 5. We always used to try and combine the different styles to see how effective we could be in a real fight. So you can take it to the bank, ive been a fan since the very first UFC.
Scouser on Tour

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2006, 12:20:17 PM »
its OK mate, i remember when i was at school one of my mates who i studied Ju-Jitsu with told me about a guy called Royce Gracie who won a competition against guys who fought in karate etc. Now me being me, i figured this was the real Kumite from Bloodsport ha ha Ever since then ive been hooked.

My dad has studied martial arts for 35 years and has black belts coming out of his ears, and ive been studying since i was 5. We always used to try and combine the different styles to see how effective we could be in a real fight. So you can take it to the bank, ive been a fan since the very first UFC.

So you didn't actually watch the first live UFC ppv, you heard about it through a friend and the concept of the UFC made you a fan?
Predictions
 40/61