Author Topic: best fighter of all time!!!!  (Read 17531 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: best fighter of all time!!!!
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2006, 08:57:46 PM »
Give me a fucking break, fighters back then were fighting sailors and box car boys and bar drunks for christ sakes those days were just knuckle fights for christ sakes the reason rocky was so great is because he actually trained... i believe this is one of boxing's worst era's great punching drunk out brawl between men, but not alot of talent.... but i give more credit to rocky then i do that f*cking brit Lennox Lewis.. what a piece of shit that guy was

While I agree, Rocky Marciano was definetely one of the best boxers we've ever seen.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2006, 11:33:17 AM »
While I agree, Rocky Marciano was definetely one of the best boxers we've ever seen.

No way pal, i agree with you on some stuff but not this one.... rocky was a smaller guy as where most men back then... but rocky couldnt hang with the big boys... he fought guys who just fought they didnt really train. How good was the competition compared to today's i dont see much of a differance other then guys nowadays train. and thats not saying much... the guys rocky fought were almost all soup cans. make them fight nowadays and they would be destroyed. no way was he one of the best when it all comes down to it....

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2006, 11:52:07 PM »
rocky marciano

no way most of the guys he beat were past their prime period!
Journeyman

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2006, 07:18:08 AM »
i would say kevin randleman...when kevin is on he is unbeatble..he is like the mike tyson of mma..if you want to see raw power kevin randleman is your man..pure raw explosive  strength
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2006, 08:15:33 AM »
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. .................... not a fucking chance. He dosnt even make a top 10 list
Scouser on Tour

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2006, 08:26:22 AM »
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................... not a fucking chance. He dosnt even make a top 10 list
come on man.kevin is a fuckin beast..considering pure raw power kevin is up there
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2006, 09:00:29 AM »
for power hes there with the likes of Coleman and Kerr but he couldnt live up to the promise he had shown early in his career. Whenever he has stepped up to get to the next level he has been knocked back down again - the 1 exception was the Mirko KO. Liddell, Couture, Fedor, Sak - these guys are all top level fighters but he couldnt force himself there to stay.
Scouser on Tour

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2006, 12:39:50 PM »
i would say kevin randleman...when kevin is on he is unbeatble..he is like the mike tyson of mma..if you want to see raw power kevin randleman is your man..pure raw explosive  strength

hahahaha ;D

E
E

VikingJan

• Getbig I
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2006, 06:49:05 AM »
Fedor Emelianenko.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2006, 07:28:21 AM »
fedor or kerr

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2006, 10:37:04 AM »
fedor or kerr

i'd be heading along the lines of kerr whilst he was fighting with head butts, eye gouge, dirty as hell.

the only way you are going to find the best 'fighter' per say is to relax the rules as much as possible. then you will have your man.

they simply don't allow the things they used to and that's a shame because it defeats the supposed purpose of unlimited fighting.

mind you, kerr was taking alot of morphine, etc before every fight back then so he could just disregard every strike and shoot in. he was a beast with that shit, crap without it.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »
agreed

VikingJan

• Getbig I
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2006, 04:09:07 AM »
what fighters have kerr won against? bet few good fighters but dont know any big names, fedor has defended the belt against the best.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2006, 06:16:05 AM »
Kerrs prime was when Fedor was just starting out. Kerr smashed people to pieces when he was at his best, he was the complete fighter
Scouser on Tour

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2006, 07:43:14 AM »
Kerrs prime was when Fedor was just starting out. Kerr smashed people to pieces when he was at his best, he was the complete fighter

Kerr was great at snoozing out a lay'n'pray decision. He never was, or will be, on Fedor's level.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2006, 08:08:34 PM »
Kerr was great at snoozing out a lay'n'pray decision. He never was, or will be, on Fedor's level.

You would have thought he could have passed guard, particularly training at BHJJC.  He was a could have been......  Fedor is the best, by far. 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2006, 09:42:53 PM »
true, but he had no problem passing the guard when he was headbutting and coming in on smack.

give fedor the same rules (or lack of) and he might have been just as good/better, but who knows?

you get as good as what the rules will allow and you bend those rules as much as you can get away with, which is what we do now.

let me just say that i think rules are great. fighters last longer (less weapons = less damage) and i think taking a shit load of smack just to fight is nuts.

this thread, however, is about the ultimate fighter so we have to look at who (we have viewed) has demonstrated the most whilst using the most weapons at their disposal.

of course, the best fighter is the guy who goes the whole hog and just chews the opponents cartoid out whilst ripping his nut sack off, but somehow i don't think those kind of fights will be available for public viewing.