Author Topic: $1,650 A Month West Village Apartment  (Read 11152 times)

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
Re: $1,650 A Month West Village Apartment
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2021, 11:38:05 AM »
You also can't walk a block without running into a millionaire.  There are more gorgeous women but there is much more competition as well.  Unless you are elite in the wallet, you aren't getting those girls.
I pretty much stay stay in brooklyn that's not the scene there, that's more of a meatpacking or sutton place vibe. Plus i find the girls that chase rich dudes are usually indians, asians or russians and those aren't really my type

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2021, 12:30:07 PM »
Why would you get rid of it that way? Do these apartments lack garbage disposals?

No bathroom, no sink, no garbage disposal

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2021, 12:36:20 PM »
564 a month.

A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2021, 12:43:45 PM »
564 a month.

Do you own the land it sits on or is there also space rental?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2021, 12:45:52 PM »
564 a month.

That's not bad Vince.

Was expecting more food in the fridge.

A lot of "modular homes" these days are pretty nice and affordable.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2021, 12:53:46 PM »
564 a month.

i'd shoot myself before i live in whatever podunk town that is

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2021, 01:06:10 PM »
564 a month.

Just asking, why the insertion of "Gay Home" into the title? 

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2021, 01:25:47 PM »
that video made me pretty sad

its unreal how a person can have such low expectations about their life

and to just settle for the low end

its like that show on learning channel where the obese patients say they eat well and keep gaining weight

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2021, 03:44:41 PM »
i'd shoot myself before i live in whatever podunk town that is

Lol...its in walking distance of a huge river where I can fish.  Neighborhood doesnt allow Airbnb, renters, etc.    Away from the city..no crime, can leave my door unlocked, property taxes are 200 a year. That is why I chose the place
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2021, 03:51:23 PM »
That's not bad Vince.

Was expecting more food in the fridge.

A lot of "modular homes" these days are pretty nice and affordable.

It was 2 years ago and I just moved in.  I've been slowing upgrading the finishings.  Dining table and living room is last
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2021, 04:28:22 PM »

Your place looks like it is coming along nicely. You've managed to get a lot of function into a fairly tight space. Everything except your office seems well organized. Seems like the office was a catch all in the last video I saw. The storage shed should help. Considering the climate there, aren't you somewhat limited in what you can safely store in an unheated and uncooled space? The living area color scheme suits you and the limited palette helps keep the space from looking cluttered.

I noticed the curb at the street end of your driveway. That is the same style curbing as in my neighborhood. I hate the way it feels when driving the car over it. A few years back I bought online hard rubber ramps designed specially to soften the curb. They worked great. Many of  my neighbors put them in after I did.

I say worked because when I had a new driveway installed, I got a permit from the city to redesign the curb to a softer one which meets ADA requirements. Mine is the first and only redesign in the neighborhood so far. Other folks are still using the rubber ramps. I gave mine to my neighbor.

You. mentioned your Bose sound system. Is your soundbar not part of it? I bought a Bose soundbar which works great on it's own. I expect it is possible to add speakers and a subwoofer for richer full sound if one wanted too.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2021, 04:55:42 PM »
Your place looks like it is coming along nicely. You've managed to get a lot of function into a fairly tight space. Everything except your office seems well organized. Seems like the office was a catch all in the last video I saw. The storage shed should help. Considering the climate there, aren't you somewhat limited in what you can safely store in an unheated and uncooled space? The living area color scheme suits you and the limited palette helps keep the space from looking cluttered.

I noticed the curb at the street end of your driveway. That is the same style curbing as in my neighborhood. I hate the way it feels when driving the car over it. A few years back I bought online hard rubber ramps designed specially to soften the curb. They worked great. Many of  my neighbors put them in after I did.

I say worked because when I had a new driveway installed, I got a permit from the city to redesign the curb to a softer one which meets ADA requirements. Mine is the first and only redesign in the neighborhood so far. Other folks are still using the rubber ramps. I gave mine to my neighbor.

You. mentioned your Bose sound system. Is your soundbar not part of it? I bought a Bose soundbar which works great on it's own. I expect it is possible to add speakers and a subwoofer for richer full sound if one wanted too.

the video was a month after I bought it which was 2 years ago.  A lot of stuff was sorted and a ton of unused items were shedded.  This is the office/ exercise space currently.   I've made a number of improvements to the home since then.   

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2021, 05:08:30 PM »
Just asking, why the insertion of "Gay Home" into the title?

Gets more views...people are obsessed at how gay people live
A

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2021, 08:49:34 PM »
The living area color scheme suits you and the limited palette helps keep the space from looking cluttered.

Matt C needs to take some notes.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2021, 09:25:19 PM »
Someone beat me to it amazingly.

I lived at place on the water in Astoria with a spectacular view in an actual apartment for $1850 a month in 2011-12.

Then I moved out of the city.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2021, 11:44:51 PM »

the video was a month after I bought it which was 2 years ago.  A lot of stuff was sorted and a ton of unused items were shedded.  This is the office/ exercise space currently.   I've made a number of improvements to the home since then.   

Killer! You really pulled that room together. Love the dual monitors. They make it look like you are really a busy professional.. 

I am definitely jealous. I gave up the bedroom I planned to make into my office, when I agreed to let my my grandson and his fiance moved in. Right now, my great granddaughter occupies the space. She's almost a year old. She needs the room more than I do. they are only suppose to be here for another year....we'll see.

For the time being, I've got a mini-office setup in my bedroom. Fortunately, this room is pretty large. But, having one's office in the room where they sleep is not ideal. For Zoom meetings, I am using the living room because the light is better. Ultimately, I hope to have a bookcase full of books as a backdrop like all the folks on TV do. LOL!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2021, 12:05:15 AM »
564 a month.

LMAO Vince! Is that a House of Denmark desk in your office? I have a desk that looks identical to that only the sides and top is the same as your table top. It is also curved in the front like that. I've had it for almost 18 years now and its held up great!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2021, 12:06:31 AM »

Looks like you got rid of the other desk with the curved top.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2021, 05:58:49 AM »
Killer! You really pulled that room together. Love the dual monitors. They make it look like you are really a busy professional.. 

I am definitely jealous. I gave up the bedroom I planned to make into my office, when I agreed to let my my grandson and his fiance moved in. Right now, my great granddaughter occupies the space. She's almost a year old. She needs the room more than I do. they are only suppose to be here for another year....we'll see.

For the time being, I've got a mini-office setup in my bedroom. Fortunately, this room is pretty large. But, having one's office in the room where they sleep is not ideal. For Zoom meetings, I am using the living room because the light is better. Ultimately, I hope to have a bookcase full of books as a backdrop like all the folks on TV do. LOL!

The fuck you mean by having two monitors makes it look like I'm busy??   Of course I'm fucking busy, I work for one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world you crusty bastard.   Having two monitors makes it easier for me to get things done instead of flipping from one window to another...that's it.

You think you're fucking slick trying to compliment and throw a secret insult at the same time and you've pulled that shit with other people.  Next time you run your trap, I'm going to run a choo choo train up your ass.  Otherwise,  stick to being a closet homo and hang up some coats while you're in there you sniveling little shit 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2021, 06:08:21 AM »

The fuck you mean by having two monitors makes it look like I'm busy??   Of course I'm fucking busy, I work for one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world you crusty bastard.   Having two monitors makes it easier for me to get things done instead of flipping from one window to another...that's it.

You think you're fucking slick trying to compliment and throw a secret insult at the same time and you've pulled that shit with other people.  Next time you run your trap, I'm going to run a choo choo train up your ass.  Otherwise,  stick to being a closet homo and hang up some coats while you're in there you sniveling little shit

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Venom Vince strikes hard.  Strike First Strike Hard - No Mercy! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2021, 06:09:27 AM »

Looks professional.   Good job. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2021, 07:30:04 AM »
:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Venom Vince strikes hard.  Strike First Strike Hard - No Mercy!

He always does this shit to people...make a backhanded comment as if someone doesnt notice it.  I was being polite and he goes in with this bullshit.  That's why nobody likes him
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2021, 07:33:16 AM »

He always does this shit to people...make a backhanded comment as if someone doesnt notice it.  I was being polite and he goes in with this bullshit.  That's why nobody likes him

Its insulting how he doesnt think people realize he is doing that. 

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2021, 08:05:20 AM »

Next time you run your trap, I'm going to run a choo choo train up your ass.

Vince, you know that this is no disincentive. Now you've waved the Wienerwurst in Soggy's imagination. Expect said trap to be run tout de suite.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2021, 08:17:02 AM »
You also can't walk a block without running into a millionaire.  There are more gorgeous women but there is much more competition as well.  Unless you are elite in the wallet, you aren't getting those girls.