Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52287 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2011, 11:16:45 AM »
The one question I would like someone to answer is, why is there anything at all?

When according to natural science energy/matter can not be destroyed, only transformed.

Therefore it was around before big bang. And energy in one form or another have always existed according to the physical laws in natural science.

So how can there be anything if it was never created?

natural science is limited

To add to this it would be a scientific contradiction to put a time line (13.7 billion) to matter when it cannot be created or destroyed.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2011, 11:19:07 AM »
God created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created Santa Claus who
created me who
created the universe.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2011, 11:22:08 AM »
^ There are no contradictions. All you need is the same leap of faith than with anything else.

The first god was there all along. Again, same leap of faith.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2011, 11:23:20 AM »
God created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created god who
created Santa Claus who
created me who
created the universe.

matter created matter ?

energy created matter?

matter created energy?

energy/matter created the big bang?

the big bang created energy/matter?

;D

your problem is that you cant accept God as he is. maybe you dont like the idea of always being inferior to someone else.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2011, 11:27:34 AM »
^ There are no contradictions. All you need is the same leap of faith than with anything else.

The first god was there all along. Again, same leap of faith.
Lol keep laughing, but it seems you're the only one in the thread that doesn't understand my point.
I think you're confusing the Christian god/the bible vs a creator.

The fact is, you're just unwilling to accept ANY idea that makes you inferior to someone else, IMHO, since it's obvious from your posts you think yourself smarter than everyone else who doesn't share your opinion. Lol

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
your problem is that you cant accept God as he is. maybe you dont like the idea of always being inferior to someone else.

God is everything right? So he would be my superior and inferior, he would be a Nazi and a pasifist, a cannibal and a vegetarian. God is such a terrible concept.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »

matter created matter ?

energy created matter?

matter created energy?

energy/matter created the big bang?

the big bang created energy/matter?

;D

You told us before that God was bored and created himself   ???

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
Lol keep laughing, but it seems you're the only one in the thread that doesn't understand my point.

The fact is, you're just unwilling to accept ANY idea that makes you inferior to someone else, IMHO, since it's obvious from your posts you think yourself smarter than everyone else who doesn't share your opinion. Lol

Have no proof? No worries, attack the person with different opinions!  :D

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2011, 11:37:28 AM »
God is everything right? So he would be my superior and inferior, he would be a Nazi and a pasifist, a cannibal and a vegetarian. God is such a terrible concept.

God is LOVE... (period)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »
its "hip" these days to be an athiest. they think they sound intelligent.

It's always been hip to deny Christ, but I will say that many atheists are VERY intelligent people.  I hope someone like Christopher Hitchens miraculously comes to know Christ before cancer sends him into eternity.  I don't relish or enjoy the idea of a permanent separation from God for those that denied Christ while in this life.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2011, 11:39:42 AM »
Have no proof? No worries, attack the person with different opinions!  :D

I have not attacked anyone.  I have asked you guys to do what you ask of us, prove your theories.  

I am a science/physics major and can not for the life of me understand how anyone could remotely think that energy converted to matter.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2011, 11:39:45 AM »
god is not everything. who told you that? god is god.

he is your superior

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2011, 11:40:03 AM »

Zero evidence for a creator. Period. There is absolutely no reason to assume there is one.

There is compelling evidence to support our current understanding of the universe. When new evidence is discovered we change our view of the universe to correspond with the new evidence. That is how science works.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2011, 11:41:19 AM »
god is not everything. who told you that? god is god.

he is your superior

So what else do you know about god.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »
It's always been hip to deny Christ, but I will say that many atheists are VERY intelligent people.  I hope someone like Christopher Hitchens miraculously comes to know Christ before cancer sends him into eternity.  I don't relish or enjoy the idea of a permanent separation from God for those that denied Christ while in this life.
dont worry mos, god is all powerful and he wants the same thing as you.  ;)

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2011, 11:43:10 AM »
Zero evidence for a creator. Period. There is absolutely no reason to assume there is one.

There is compelling evidence to support our current understanding of the universe. When new evidence is discovered we change our view of the universe to correspond with the new evidence. That is how science works.

Dude, there is NO compelling scientific evidence to support the creation of the universe....energy can NOT convert to matter!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2011, 11:43:46 AM »

you have already been owned in this thread. respond to that before moving on  ;)

(btw, is there any evidence that you exist? )

So what else do you know about god.
all good, all powerful

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2011, 11:44:53 AM »
all good, all powerful

And how do you know this.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
Dude, there is NO compelling scientific evidence to support the creation of the universe....energy can NOT convert to matter!
well energy and matter are essentially the same thing.  

which is all the more reason to relaize what george berkeley was trying to tell everyone ages ago...   this world doesnt exist except for in being percieved

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2011, 11:48:54 AM »

Also zero evidence for someone who created my car, surely its more complex then the universe is ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2011, 11:49:28 AM »
Also zero evidence for someone who created my car, surely its more complex then the universe is ::)
  ;D   ;D   ;D

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2011, 11:49:43 AM »
well energy and matter are essentially the same thing.  

which is all the more reason to realize what george berkeley was trying to tell everyone ages ago...   this world doesn't exist except for in being perceived

Actually, from a science stand point and the advantageous effort to make all the high powered accelerator nucletrons to separate the smallest atoms......no one actually can say what energy is....let me explain; radiation is when electrons are released into a cell and ejects an outer ring electron...when that binding energy is broken, radiation is realeased (this energy is what?) matter is made of of atoms but what is the energy that holds these atoms together? From a physics standpoint, energy can change matter but not become matter.  As the Big bang Theory would try and suggest.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »

When the scientist and Roman Catholic priest Georges Lemaître first proposed what became known as the Big Bang theory, Einstein initially dismissed the theory without thought or consideration, in part because it came from a priest and because it implied "Creation" and a "Creator."  

Einstein was quick to endorse both Lemaître and his theory only after Hubble confirmed the theory.

Georges Lemaître

Quantum physics is weird, therefore Jesus is your Lord and Savior.

A religious person once had a valid scientific idea, therefore all his non-scientific ideas were also valid.

Einstein at one point believed Lemaître's Big Bang Theory was a non-scientific idea too.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #273 on: May 18, 2011, 11:55:35 AM »
Actually, from a science stand point and the advetageous effort to make all the nucletrons to seperate the smallest atoms......no one actually can say what energy is....let me explain;  radiation is when electrons are released into a cell and ejects an outer ring electron...when that binding energy is broken, radiation is realeased (this energy is what?)  matter is made of of atoms but what is the energy that holds these atoms together?  From a physics standpoint, energy can change matter but not become matter.  As the Big bang Theory would try and suggest.

yeah i know

i am with you 100%

what i was refering to is e=mc2

the only thing that exists is mind (a controller and producer of energy)

an all powerful mind can create energy and matter and these things can interact with mind-energy and influence/change it(the mind will react in some way). which is what this world is. a place where new minds are developed and then grown, with all the variables (hot and cold, pain and pleasure) to make us grow and appreciate the awesomeness that is god before we can come into his presence. its a way of making us realize our infinite inferiority. not out of pride but out of love for us, what is best for us.  

the fact that energy and matter are so intertwined is a testament to the fact that matter itself is nothing more than a tool to be used in the shaping of minds.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #274 on: May 18, 2011, 11:59:42 AM »
yeah i know

i am with you 100%

what i was refering to is e=mc2

the only thing that exists is mind (a controller and producer of energy)

an all powerful mind can create energy and matter and these things can interact with mind-energy and influence/change it(the mind will react in some way). which is what this world is. a place where new minds are developed and then grown, with all the variables (hot and cold, pain and pleasure) to make us grow and appreciate the awesomeness that is god before we can come into his presence. its a way of making us realize our infinite inferiority. not out of pride but out of love for us, what is best for us.  

the fact that energy and matter are so intertwined is a testament to the fact that matter itself is nothing more than a tool to be used in the shaping of minds.

;D  Pretty awesome stuff right there!

I have been trolling these boards for a while, and this has been the most fun I have had on here!