Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52591 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2011, 05:58:54 PM »
Threads like this just make me sad cause I want so desperately for others to know Christ.  We sit here and call each other educated fools and uneducated sheep and achieve a zero sum game.  If you believe share your faith, share the love of Christ, talk about his gift of salvation, explain the scriptures as best you are able.  Don't, on the other hand, insult others even if they insult you or your Christian beliefs....be a representative for Christ, but at the same time defend your position in a loving, tactful way.  Christ has changed my heart and I love him for it....want others to know that same love.  I don't desire for others to spend an eternity without him. 

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.   Romans 10:9

God knows the contents of your heart so seek him with sincerity and he'll accept you with open arms.

Full assurance in the heart.

;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »
Bill Gates and Warren Buffet two atheists who have donated more money to charity than all churches combined.  Hope this helps.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2011, 06:05:23 PM »
Bill Gates and Warren Buffet two atheists who have donated more money to charity than all churches combined.  Hope this helps.

I find atheists just as annoying as fundamentalist christians

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2011, 06:07:03 PM »
I find atheists just as annoying as fundamentalist christians

Bingo.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2011, 06:20:50 PM »

Prove it.  They've got more money than  many churches too, but still...Prove your supposition, your from the hip shot in the dark. Where do churches get their money?  From members.  But really now, who gives a flying fuck if your words are true? 

These two guys can do whatever they want with their money. What they should do, is to give in secret.  Even the bible mentions this. 

Me? I'm an atheist who knows a few followers of the Christ that are sincere in their faith.   When you get right down to it, all that needs saying with regard to these two "atheist" gentlemen is this:  "The Widow's Mite".

As for Hawking.  Fuck that noise. Smart guy but a smart ass at times as well.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2011, 06:24:09 PM »
Prove it.  They've got more money that  many churches too, but still...Prove your supposition, your from the hip shot in the dark. Where do churches get their money?  From members.  But really now, who gives a flying fuck if your words are true?  

These two guys can do whatever they want with their money. What they should do, is to give in secret.  Even the bible mentions this.  

Me? I'm an atheist who knows a few followers of the Christ that are sincere in their faith.   When you get right down to all that needs saying with regard to these two "atheist" gentlemen is this:  "The Widow's Mite".

As for Hawking.  Fuck that noise. Smart guy but a smart ass at times as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates

Gates and his wife combined three family foundations into one to create the charitable Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is the largest transparently operated charitable foundation in the world.[66] The foundation allows benefactors access to information regarding how its money is being spent  unlike other major charitable organizations

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2011, 06:30:48 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates

Gates and his wife combined three family foundations into one to create the charitable Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is the largest transparently operated charitable foundation in the world.[66] The foundation allows benefactors access to information regarding how its money is being spent  unlike other major charitable organizations

The Widow's Mite.  Simple, really.  He can give all he wants but until he gives, literally all he has (i.e., the aforementioned "Widow's Mite") his gift doesn't compare.  Just because one is an atheist doesn't make them unable to see the wisdom of the bible. 

Unless of course we are blinded by our own self righteousness.  It has happened to me, believe me.  However, fuck the queeran of islam as it contains nothing but shit and shit is for flies.  FTN. ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2011, 06:34:38 PM »
There is no difference between the Koran  and the Holy Bible.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2011, 06:39:48 PM »
There is no difference between the Koran  and the Holy Bible.

No difference?  Surely you jest?  Bullshit. But if that's what you choose to believe, so be it.  And I am referring primarily to the New Testament and the queeron.  Fuck islam. And  Hawking.  ;D

Maldoror

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2011, 06:56:36 PM »
uberman is your name NOT a reference to nietzsche? ???

Interesting point: In one of his later works, Nietzsche 'proved' mathematically (!!!) his theory of eternal recurrence... So he didn't believe in eternal darkness, but in some kind of eternal loop. A life on repeat, forever. How terrible that must seem for a cripple like Hawking!!

Sorry for the digression.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: May 17, 2011, 07:11:37 PM »
Interesting point: In one of his later works, Nietzsche 'proved' mathematically (!!!) his theory of eternal recurrence... So he didn't believe in eternal darkness, but in some kind of eternal loop. A life on repeat, forever. How terrible that must seem for a cripple like Hawking!!

Haha ,he didn't  prove shit.

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
oil is the only god for the usa. hope this helps!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2011, 07:57:40 PM »

maybe you could tell me which work and section, exactly, this supposed proof is in?

i highly doubt you can.  in all i've read, he's only even mentioned mathematics a couple times...

Maldoror

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2011, 10:09:52 PM »
maybe you could tell me which work and section, exactly, this supposed proof is in?

i highly doubt you can.  in all i've read, he's only even mentioned mathematics a couple times...

His attempted proofs were never published during his lifetime. They were mere notes, and can be read in some versions of the posthumous collection "The Will To Power". Heidegger commented on them extensively.

Other references to eternal recurrence, with psuedo-logical 'proofs', are mostly in Thus Spoke Zarathustra & The Gay Science.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2011, 11:00:34 PM »
You can`t agree that Evolution is just a random process.  Its not. Life does not arise and change randomly as Christians want you to believe.

Natural Selection drives evolution, thus ensuring that it is non-random.  

lol dumbass  natural selection is not a force its a term describing an observed happening. there is no "natural selection" force, its just soemthing that happens.  yes, evolution is completely random in the scientific sense.  there is no cause and there is no purpouse, the mutations are widely varied and not pre selected, the surviving organisms are not pre determined and are completely determined bythe variables it encounters in its experience, all of which are randomly determined.

nature without god is entirely random makes zero sense and has zero purpuse. if there is no god then you dont exist, only a computer designed to replicate itself exists... no man, no inner occupant experiencing the experience. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2011, 11:10:44 PM »
this world is a necessary starting point for our young souls. without the hot and the cold, without the wet and the dry, without the joy and the pain, without the love and the sorrow, without trouble, turmoil, doubt, without loss without triumph without experiencing all of these things we can not appreciate God or his wisdom.

the grand mystery of this life will seem so obvious once youve passed. 

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2011, 11:41:43 PM »
His attempted proofs were never published during his lifetime. They were mere notes, and can be read in some versions of the posthumous collection "The Will To Power". Heidegger commented on them extensively.

Other references to eternal recurrence, with psuedo-logical 'proofs', are mostly in Thus Spoke Zarathustra & The Gay Science.

Well, of those I've read The Gay Science and NOWHERE does he attempt a "proof," psuedo-logical or otherwise of eternal recurrence.  In fact, if I remember correctly he only writes about that idea once in that book, in the form of a story/parable.

Never once have I read something of his that even remotely resembles some sort of formal proof.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: May 17, 2011, 11:44:58 PM »
 Heaven and hell are obviously man-made ideas.

The idea of heaven and hell has mainly been used to control people and make them behave themselves.

It's the only thing that kept the poor from dragging the rich out of their homes and murdering them hundreds of years ago.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2011, 11:45:44 PM »
Well, of those I've read The Gay Science and NOWHERE does he attempt a "proof," psuedo-logical or otherwise of eternal recurrence.  In fact, if I remember correctly he only writes about that idea once in that book, in the form of a story/parable.

Never once have I read something of his that even remotely resembles some sort of formal proof.
nietzsche is garbage

Maldoror

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
Cessiphus, it has been a while since I've read Nietzsche, but doesn't he attempt to claim in The Gay Science that:

-Energy is limited
-Energy is eternally active, but it can not create new forms
-Time is unlimited
-Space is unlimited
-Therefore energy, in its various manifestations, must repeat itself.

...That might have been in The Will to Power, though, with The Gay Science containing only a parable.
Anyway, he elucidates much further in TWTP. In Section 1063 thereof, Nietzsche states: "The law of the conservation of energy demands eternal recurrence."

And Hiedegger, as I mentioned, wrote a great deal on the subject & Nietzsche's attempted proofs.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2011, 12:12:38 AM »
i dunno about that, but in my opinion that aphorism in section 1063 is no more a proof than the law of conservation of energy itself.

i'm just saying he didn't write in a formal style.  if you want to attempt to formalize his works, i guess you could make some "proofs."

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2011, 02:42:28 AM »
lol dumbass  natural selection is not a force its a term describing an observed happening. there is no "natural selection" force, its just soemthing that happens.  yes, evolution is completely random in the scientific sense.  there is no cause and there is no purpouse, the mutations are widely varied and not pre selected, the surviving organisms are not pre determined and are completely determined bythe variables it encounters in its experience, all of which are randomly determined.

nature without god is entirely random makes zero sense and has zero purpuse. if there is no god then you dont exist, only a computer designed to replicate itself exists... no man, no inner occupant experiencing the experience. 
Excellent post tbombz.
 8)
Heaven and hell are obviously man-made ideas.

The idea of heaven and hell has mainly been used to control people and make them behave themselves.

It's the only thing that kept the poor from dragging the rich out of their homes and murdering them hundreds of years ago.
First 2 points only your opinion, nothing more, last point, true

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2011, 03:50:24 AM »
THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2011, 04:03:56 AM »
Proof of the "Super symmetry" theory:

;D ;D ;D ;D

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2011, 04:57:06 AM »
Adonis posting this reeks of those fucking religious freaks posting their stuff proving there is a God! What's the difference?

Just because religion is only set up to control people doesn't mean there isn't a Creator.