Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52530 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2011, 02:57:50 PM »
::)
Well you're acting like what you believe in is rational and logical and it's not... actually no belief can be rational, our brains aren't meant to comprehend or rationalize on what took place at the beginning of our universe. The very thought of what was before time will drive you nuts all we have is faith whether you believe in God or not

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2011, 03:01:16 PM »
Wrong on all accounts once again.  I was given whatever I wanted from my parents from day one and they adored me until they died as I them.  They were truly brilliant people who never hesitated to provide in all areas.

I do not want kids because I have better things to do and find them rather boring and annoying.  

You are right, kids are boring and annoying. As you were, a long time ago.

You raise them properly and someday they might be as cool and unique as you are today. However, if you are unwilling to go through the process, your could be children will never experience the joy of life.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »
Well you're acting like what you believe in is rational and logical and it's not... actually no belief can be rational, our brains aren't meant to comprehend or rationalize on what took place at the beginning of our universe. The very thought of what was before time will drive you nuts all we have is faith whether you believe in God or not

I don't have faith in that sense since I do not claim to know what was before time. I just simply do not know.

Do I think science is good at estimating the way our universe works? Yes. Can the estimates ever be 100% correct? No. But it's far better than the talking snake, that's for damn sure.
from incomplete data

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2011, 03:11:26 PM »
I don't have faith in that sense since I do not claim to know what was before time. I just simply do not know.

Do I think science is good at estimating the way our universe works? Yes. Can the estimates ever be 100% correct? No. But it's far better than the talking snake, that's for damn sure.
Nothing exploding creating everything in the universe is a billion times more outrages then a billion talking snakes, think about it.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2011, 03:17:29 PM »
looks like someone is so depressed he wants everyone else to be as depressed as him before... dying.

A true humanist  :-\

oookaay....
So you think Stephen Hawking is mad at God?  ???
A

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2011, 03:19:22 PM »
Nothing exploding creating everything in the universe is a billion times more outrages then a billion talking snakes, think about it.

You obviously don't understand the big bang theory very well. There never was no 'nothing'(depends on how one defines it I guess) and there was no explosion either.

There's a ton of observations and physics that support the big bang theory. Where can I find the same for a billion talking snakes?
from incomplete data

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2011, 03:22:04 PM »

I would say he is a narcissist. It is impossible for him to accept another being as being more intelligent or powerful than he is.

I am sure he also refuses to accept that a God exists because if true, it would mean (in his eyes) that said being found him unworthy and decided he should live confined to a wheelchair.

Another possibility- Hawking has other feelings about the issue but will not say them publicly because he would be ostracized from the scientific community.

For example the popular thing to do the last few years is discredit Newton. Isaac fucking NEWTON! And why? Because he believed in God! In the scientific community a belief in God is akin to saying you are a retarded. Even if Hawking believed, he could never say so publicly.

We will find out on his deathbed.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2011, 03:24:28 PM »
You obviously don't understand the big bang theory very well. There never was no 'nothing'(depends on how one defines it I guess) and there was no explosion either.

There's a ton of observations and physics that support the big bang theory. Where can I find the same for a billion talking snakes?

Technically speaking, there is no such thing as 'nothing'. Yes, there is lots of evidence supporting inflation and zero evidence in support of a talking snake.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2011, 03:29:07 PM »
Just to stir the kettle, I want to point out that the man who formulated the Big Bang Theory was a Roman Catholic Priest...Monsignor Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître.

I am pointing this out not to make a point but to introduce agitation...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2011, 03:29:53 PM »

Bro you obviously don't understand the big bang. I am reading my niece's grade 10 science text book as we speak "An explosion took place from a singualrity point creating the expansion of the known universe 13.7 billion years ago"
Just to stir the kettle, I want to point out that the man who formulated the Big Bang Theory was a Roman Catholic Priest...Monsignor Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître.

I am pointing this out not to make a point but to introduce agitation...

urrrrr >:(

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »

Don't know about Stephen Hawking,...But I know I certainly am...That is the point behind the movie "Amadeus"...Salieri was bitter at God...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »
Bro you obviously don't understand the big bang. I am reading my niece's grade 10 science text book as we speak "An explosion took place from a singualrity point creating the expansion of the known universe 13.7 billion years ago"urrrrr >:(

That's funny, most books I've read make it a point to avoid the word 'explosion' and instead say inflation. There's a good reason for this.

Explosion means a very rapid expansion of particles through some sort of medium whether it be air, liquid or whatever you can think of. The main point is that those particles can never travel faster than the speed of light.

The universe expanded in a pace that was many, many, many times the speed of light because the space itself in between the particles inflated and it allowed the universe to expand the way it did. No explosion, inflation.
from incomplete data

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2011, 03:41:02 PM »
That's funny, most books I've read make it a point to avoid the word 'explosion' and instead say inflation. There's a good reason for this.

Explosion means a very rapid expansion of particles through some sort of medium whether it be air, liquid or whatever you can think of. The main point is that those particles can never travel faster than the speed of light.

The universe expanded in a pace that was many, many, many times the speed of light because the space itself in between the particles inflated and it allowed the universe to expand the way it did. No explosion, inflation.
Actually this book is almost 20 years old, why are they still using it is beyond me.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2011, 03:48:03 PM »
The device used by Bell Labs to discover the "Cosmic Background Radiation" that is the residue of the "Big Bang"...160 Gigahertz.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:09 PM »
I'm gonna start with something more important.

Does anyone here actually grasp what really matters here, instead of just arguments? There is a lesson in this for people who think every answer is to be found in what the human mind can conceive from natural science.

If there is nothing else than this one single life, then all the more precious it is that we must care for each other and every living thing.

Instead I find many scientists to be callous and calculating, through out history also downright evil.

Comparing computer parts with human brains is very odd, computer parts doesn't have a self consciousness either. I know scientists can't live without thinking they know everything. But writing something off 100% is a scientific mistake.

Even if you revive someone that has been dead and frozen for 1000s of years wouldn't give you the answer either because their consciousness never really left the brain as it is still intact only no thought process. And you cant revives someone that is decomposed or cremated to ask them.

So I'm surprised a man like Stephen Hawking that has so much time to think would just write something off like that. So he is 100% sure based on natural science and what his mind can conceive within those boundaries?

Learn to live with unknowns. Even if it's a very small unknown it is still there or you are not being honest to yourself.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2011, 04:51:58 PM »
I'm gonna start with something more important.

Does anyone here actually grasp what's really matters here, instead of just arguments? There is a lesson in this for people who think every answer is to be found in what the human mind can conceive from natural science.

If there is nothing else than this one single life, then all the more precious it is that we must care for each other and every living thing.

Instead I find many scientists to be callous and calculating, through out history also downright evil.

Comparing computer parts with human brains is very odd, computer parts doesn't have a self consciousness either. I know scientists can't live without thinking they know everything. But writing something off 100% is a scientific mistake.

Even if you revive someone that has been dead and frozen for 1000s of years wouldn't give you the answer either because their consciousness never really left the brain as it is still intact only no thought process. And you cant revives someone that is decomposed or cremated to ask them.

So I'm surprised a man like Stephen Hawking that has so much time to think would just write something off like that. So he is 100% sure based on natural science and what his mind can conceive within those boundaries?

Learn to live with unknowns. Even if it's a very small unknown it is still there or you are not being honest to yourself.

Ehhhhh what??? ???

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2011, 05:02:45 PM »
Threads like this just make me sad cause I want so desperately for others to know Christ.  We sit here and call each other educated fools and uneducated sheep and achieve a zero sum game.  If you believe share your faith, share the love of Christ, talk about his gift of salvation, explain the scriptures as best you are able.  Don't, on the other hand, insult others even if they insult you or your Christian beliefs....be a representative for Christ, but at the same time defend your position in a loving, tactful way.  Christ has changed my heart and I love him for it....want others to know that same love.  I don't desire for others to spend an eternity without him. 

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.   Romans 10:9

God knows the contents of your heart so seek him with sincerity and he'll accept you with open arms.

Full assurance in the heart.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2011, 05:13:19 PM »
1 out of 100 humans on the planet are Psychopaths. Many have stated that they are the ones who run the planet. Psychopaths are not able to feel anxiety. Brilliant manipulators. 4% of all CEO's are psychopaths. And if I had to guess, I would bet the house that Stephen Hawking is 1 out of every 100. Its as if he is some kind of robot.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
Psychopaths are not able to feel anxiety.

fascinating definition.  I have never looked at it like that.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »
fascinating definition.  I have never looked at it like that.

Just saw a guy on John Stewart who wrote a book about it. He interviewed many psychopaths and got into their head. He said people with anxiety are the exact opposite of a psychopath.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2011, 05:23:04 PM »
Just saw a guy on John Stewart who wrote a book about it. He interviewed many psychopaths and got into their head. He said people with anxiety are the exact opposite of a psychopath.

great definition.  perfect.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2011, 05:52:56 PM »
It's empathy, not anxiety btw.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2011, 05:58:07 PM »

that would mean a lot of people on the opposite end of psychopaths are made into psychopaths themselves by way psychotropic medication. For example Xanax

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2011, 05:58:44 PM »
uberman is your name NOT a reference to nietzsche? ???