Author Topic: B&A International Classic - not NPC approved  (Read 57135 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Message from "A Friend" about the B&A Bodybuilding Classic
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »
Chick, I have seen some of the IFBB contracts, you sign them for individual shows.

I can tell you straight up that the IFBB CANNOT ban people from doing other shows, like the Lee Priest fiasco.

Now you can say the IFBB can ban Pro's all day long for that, but the ONLY reason you can say that and get away with it here on Getbig is because no Pro has ever taken the IFBB to court.

There is case law up the wazoo on employment contracts and a person is free to engage in their trade (yes Pro BBing is a trade) with anyone, with very FEW and very LIMITED exceptions. And I do mean very few and very limited exceptions (these exceptions would not apply to the IFBB and Pro BBing).

You don't know what you're talking about.....were not taling about individual shows, those are contracts the athletes sign to the PROMOTERS, guaranteeing they compete...

EVERY IFBB pro signs a contract to abide by the rules set forth by the IFBB, and pays a yeary fee to do so...by their own free will.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »
it was a picture contest....

Wasn't Mr. Getbig featured in some BB magazines.  Was it on BB.com too.  I don't know. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2008, 08:47:45 PM »
once again...no one is arguing that an amateur cannot  compete in more than one amateur org....they can.

But if the NPC tries to get around the court order they're under by claiming someone is a pro when historically they have not made such a claim with others under similar circumstances, especially in light of their obvious motivation in this case, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennesee will, in fact, "take them to the woodshed" (as 619 rules would say).
Ron: "I am lazy."

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2008, 08:48:59 PM »
You don't know what you're talking about.....were not taling about individual shows, those are contracts the athletes sign to the PROMOTERS, guaranteeing they compete...

EVERY IFBB pro signs a contract to abide by the rules set forth by the IFBB, and pays a yeary fee to do so...by their own free will.

OK, and your point is what?? That because the IFBB has this in their contract that it is legal????

You can put anything you want in a contract, but that does not mean it is legal.

I can guarantee you this, if Lee Priest took the IFBB to court for suspending him from the IFBB for doing the PDI show, the IFBB would be fighting an uphill, and very likely, losing battle.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that just because the IFBB says something that it is a)written in stone, b) legal, and c) not subject to the legal process.

Chick, let me give you an example; if the IFBB had a rule that said white Pro BBers could not marry black Pro BBers, do you think that would be legal????

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »
http://www.freeforum101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1724&sid=224a94db4540e23037be640cceb31d17&mforum=ibfasport
I have just received a reply from Ben, the Show Organizer, about IFBB attack:

We feel honored to be such a big deal for the IFBB.Anyway,we do not care about all this and we will have a lot of IFBB Pros at our show.I talked already to a lot of them.It all started when the NPC (Amateur IFBB)asked us last September to sanction our show and we said"no" because we do not want their judges screwing up our competition.So now we are somehow at war.Our Sponsors and Athletes got blackmailed and Poster got stolen in the middle of the night from the Gyms in Las Vegas.We put them all back.This month (May) we are also in the Magazine (MuscleMag) and they really get scared.The IFBB is just afraid that we will be very successful and that they have to give something to their Athletes now.Anyway we do not care about the politics here because we care about the Athletes.Check out our website next week for more good news for the Athletes.We will let the Athletes choose to either take the new car home or get a $10000 sponsorship contract in cash the same night.We also looking for a Bikini or Figure Girl to have their own TV show in Los Angeles.This is not depending on placing,only on looks and personality

OK, I don't understand something here? Why would the NPC contact them to have them sanction their show when they give out prize money. Actually, why would the NPC contact anyone and offer to sanction their show???

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2008, 09:03:35 PM »

OK, I don't understand something here? Why would the NPC contact them to have them sanction their show when they give out prize money. Actually, why would the NPC contact anyone and offer to sanction their show???

They wouldn't...should tell you something.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2008, 09:06:50 PM »
OK, and your point is what?? That because the IFBB has this in their contract that it is legal????

You can put anything you want in a contract, but that does not mean it is legal.

I can guarantee you this, if Lee Priest took the IFBB to court for suspending him from the IFBB for doing the PDI show, the IFBB would be fighting an uphill, and very likely, losing battle.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that just because the IFBB says something that it is a)written in stone, b) legal, and c) not subject to the legal process.

Chick, let me give you an example; if the IFBB had a rule that said white Pro BBers could not marry black Pro BBers, do you think that would be legal????

Anything is "subject to the legal process"...

The athletes agree to it...no one is forcing them to compete in the IFBB...

Your example is ridiculous, and not only against the law, but discrimination at it's worst..

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

I don't know.  Ask the original poster on the link.  I'm just the messenger.  ;)

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2008, 09:14:41 PM »
Folks, its like a child being told not to stick their hand in the wall outlet and they don't listen or keep asking why to see whether his parents to change their mind. 

If some of you wish to stick your hand in the wall outlet.  By all means, go right ahead.  But once you do, you'll get the shock of your life.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2008, 09:30:31 PM »

I don't know.  Ask the original poster on the link.  I'm just the messenger.  ;)

Don't shoot the messenger or the sender for that matter.  ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »
Folks, its like a child being told not to stick their hand in the wall outlet and they don't listen or keep asking why to see whether his parents to change their mind. 

If some of you wish to stick your hand in the wall outlet.  By all means, go right ahead.  But once you do, you'll get the shock of your life.

You're suggesting the NPC would be brazen enough to try to violate the injunction they're under and blackball members for competing in this show?  I don't think Manion's that dumb. 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2008, 09:36:24 PM »
Well, the real bottom line is that 3 people are going home with a new car or cash and some other people are also going to get some nice prizes too. The NPC will still be there at the end of the day and with a few more shows like this from the people putting on this show there may not ever be a reason to even want to turn pro.

There are a lot of good bbers out there that know they are never going pro so these guys are going to enter this show no matter what the NPC says. They would rather have a car than nothing at all.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »
Big props to the organizer of this event.  I just may go have a look......bout time somebody gave the guys and girls an option to the monopoly weider ami whatevers....

I think if enough word gets out maybe some will switch.  I mean look at this......First show and offering cars and money!!!!     For gawds sake weider was raping his olympia guys with a 1,000 for the olympia for years.....

Thank gawd for a free country!! 8)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »
No one told me Chick went to law school!   :o
Most are all show no go!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »
Anything is "subject to the legal process"...

The athletes agree to it...no one is forcing them to compete in the IFBB...

Your example is ridiculous, and not only against the law, but discrimination at it's worst..

Yes, it was a ridiculous example, but only to prove the point using an extreme.

Now, to your other contention that the athletes "agree to it".

Just because the Pros sign an IFBB contract, whether they are being forced to compete or not (your words), does not mean it is legal.

Chick the IFBB can not engage in antitrust tactics to limit their competition, such as non compete clauses. And just because the IFBB puts that non compete clause in their contract does not mean it carries the weight of law-and it in fact does not.

Let me give you another example, one that is very common and happens all the time in contract law.

Suppose the IFBB puts a clause in their contract that if any lawsuits were to arise out of the contract, such as a dispute like Lee Priest's,  where Lee was suspended for doing the PDI show, and the IFBB contract stated if they won the lawsuit the Pro would be liable for ALL IFBB legal fees including lawyer fees. BUT, the contract went on to state that if the Pro were to win the lawsuit that the IFBB was did not have to pay the Pro's legal fees, including lawyer fees. Now Chick, this type of clause is included in contracts all the time,  but the question is would that clause be upheld????

OK Chick, tell me, is that legal for the IFBB to do-just because they put it in and the Pro agreed, and signed the contract????

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2008, 09:56:52 PM »
No one told me Chick went to law school!   :o

He was a Sheriff's Deputy or something back in NY.  That's as good as a LL.B. or J.D., right?  ;D

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »

He was a Sheriff's Deputy or something back in NY.  That's as good as a LL.B. or J.D., right?  ;D

Close  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2008, 10:00:45 PM »
Yes, it was a ridiculous example, but only to prove the point using an extreme.

Now, to your other contention that the athletes "agree to it".

Just because the Pros sign an IFBB contract, whether they are being forced to compete or not (your words), does not mean it is legal.

Chick the IFBB can not engage in antitrust tactics to limit their competition, such as non compete clauses. And just because the IFBB puts that non compete clause in their contract does not mean it carries the weight of law-and it in fact does not.

Let me give you another example, one that is very common and happens all the time in contract law.

Suppose the IFBB puts a clause in their contract that if any lawsuits were to arise out of the contract, such as a dispute like Lee Priest's,  where Lee was suspended for doing the PDI show, and the IFBB contract stated if they won the lawsuit the Pro would be liable for ALL IFBB legal fees including lawyer fees. BUT, the contract went on to state that if the Pro were to win the lawsuit that the IFBB was did not have to pay the Pro's legal fees, including lawyer fees. Now Chick, this type of clause is included in contracts all the time,  but the question is would that clause be upheld????

OK Chick, tell me, is that legal for the IFBB to do-just because they put it in and the Pro agreed, and signed the contract????

Bob thinks contract law trumps antitrust and labor statutes passed by congress.  ;)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
 ???

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »
???

Whoa.   And i was like  Whoa    and he was like  whoa.......dis is serious stuff if arni is praisin it...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2008, 10:26:20 PM »
Interesting.

"We are in for the Athletes and we do not care about Politic BS!

BTW: The B&A Production presents the 2009 Mr./Ms.Universe and Bikini World Championship in June with Sponsorships of $10000 EACH for
Men/Women/Figure and Sponsorship of $5000 for Masters Figure Physique and here comes the biggest deal:" Your own TV show"!!!
Also we will have a Pro Mr.Universe contest with $10000 first place.

2008 B&A International Classics July 27th the show for the Athletes!!!
with $80000 in prizes,no other Amateur show in the world does that!"

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2008, 10:37:30 PM »

Melvin your analogy sucks.  Does Queen Vissy shock you when you guys get all freak with jumper cables?  Melvin when you were straight did you ever give a chick the "Shocker"?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2008, 11:57:01 PM »
the funny thing is look how much publicity B&A got by IFBB's letter.   No one here knew about it before the IFBB said 'if you enter it, you'll get banned from the NPC'.

These guys really needs to take a course in Internet 101.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2008, 12:04:13 AM »
the funny thing is look how much publicity B&A got by IFBB's letter.   No one here knew about it before the IFBB said 'if you enter it, you'll get banned from the NPC'.

These guys really needs to take a course in Internet 101.

They totally suck at the internet.  The boards have been making them look stupid for almost a decade now, and they still haven't figured it out.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2008, 05:47:47 AM »
Chick wears the IFBB dunce hat with oblivious pride!