Author Topic: sly has a new watch  (Read 7917 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: sly has a new watch
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2018, 04:04:20 AM »
Whatever happened to Big_ache? he was all about the time dime piece trannys

Fixed

I have a buddy who thinks he knows about watches. Just got his first tag but other than that owns about 15 $200 watches. I don’t understand his fascination with watches because he knows so little about them.  I bet he couldn’t even tell what this Mille watch brand was. Rolex is about all he knows. I need to get him a “watches for dummies” book so he can get up to speed.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2018, 04:37:50 AM »
luxury watches are just like cars

terrible investments. Starts diminishing in value once it leaves the manufacturer. Once you used it for a year or two and it has signs of wear here and there it's already half of purchase value

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2018, 04:43:56 AM »
luxury watches are just like cars

terrible investments. Starts diminishing in value once it leaves the manufacturer. Once you used it for a year or two and it has signs of wear here and there it's already half of purchase value

I only buy Rolex and Rolex watches don’t really depreciate.It is the only brand that doesn’t.I have never lost a dime on a Rolex.Most recently I bout a Rolex sd43 and paid 11000 it’s selling for 12.5-14k allday everyday.I bought a Rolex 116520 a few years ago for 10500 and wore it for a year and sold it for 11500.If you buy used you almost never lose and if you buy the right model new you won’t lose either.pretty much all other watches lose value but not Rolex.Also if you are buying them to wear rhebare not investmensts.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2018, 04:49:40 AM »
I only buy Rolex and Rolex watches don’t really depreciate.It is the only brand that doesn’t.I have never lost a dime on a Rolex.Most recently I bout a Rolex sd43 and paid 11000 it’s selling for 12.5-14k allday everyday.I bought a Rolex 116520 a few years ago for 10500 and wore it for a year and sold it for 11500.If you buy used you almost never lose and if you buy the right model new you won’t lose either.pretty much all other watches lose value but not Rolex.Also if you are buying them to wear rhebare not investmensts.
That is completly false and they do depreciate alot, Rolex or any of the high end ones.

Buying luxury watches is for people who live in luxury and can afford to waste money on things like this without sacrificing future economical security.

Besides if you are in the position to buy a luxury watch you wouldn't or shouldn't care about depreciating value. If you do you are a poser wearing a watch you can't really rationalize.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2018, 05:07:08 AM »
That is completly false and they do depreciate alot, Rolex or any of the high end ones.

Buying luxury watches is for people who live in luxury and can afford to waste money on things like this without sacrificing future economical security.

Besides if you are in the position to buy a luxury watch you wouldn't or shouldn't care about depreciating value. If you do you are a poser wearing a watch you can't really rationalize.

I buy and sell Rolex weekly,it’s part of my income and if you knew Rolex like I do you would know you don’t know what you are talking about.

Try finding a Rolex 116500 at an authorized dealer and you will pay around 13.2-13.5 with tax the watch came out in 2016 and is still selling grey market for 20k everyday and will be selling for close to that for years.Or but a Rolex 116610lv for around 9500 and you can resell allday for 12k,or 116710blnr for around 9500 and you can get 11500 allday,or 116710pepsi for 10k and you can resell for 16-18k.Or 116610ln for 9k and you can resell for 10k.this is a passion of mine and i know Rolex and prices like the back of my hand.Rolex is a very stable in price you don’t lose unless buying undesirable models brand new such as Rolex 116400 milgauss,Rolex 126300 djii.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2018, 05:09:48 AM »
Q

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2018, 06:00:41 AM »

good points

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2018, 06:19:27 AM »
good points

Good points if you don’t know what you are talking about as far as Rolex goes.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2018, 06:44:52 AM »
I buy and sell Rolex weekly,it’s part of my income and if you knew Rolex like I do you would know you don’t know what you are talking about.

Try finding a Rolex 116500 at an authorized dealer and you will pay around 13.2-13.5 with tax the watch came out in 2016 and is still selling grey market for 20k everyday and will be selling for close to that for years.Or but a Rolex 116610lv for around 9500 and you can resell allday for 12k,or 116710blnr for around 9500 and you can get 11500 allday,or 116710pepsi for 10k and you can resell for 16-18k.Or 116610ln for 9k and you can resell for 10k.this is a passion of mine and i know Rolex and prices like the back of my hand.Rolex is a very stable in price you don’t lose unless buying undesirable models brand new such as Rolex 116400 milgauss,Rolex 126300 djii.
I just looked them up,   and you are on the money for the 116610lv, and conservative for the rest. You know your stuff.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2018, 07:37:20 AM »

What you're not telling is that you only buy the models that are popular/trendy for the time being, and that you only buy the one in prestine condition that hardly even has been worn. That is 10-20% of the Rolexes on the used market. Don't lie.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2018, 08:23:56 AM »
Joe Rogan asks the same question. Matt Farah “a watch guy” explains.

Yeah, I am not watching that shit lol

Either way, there is no way the machinery of a watch is more complex than this piece of machinery:

This is about 315K. Are you telling me a watch cost about 700K more? People who buy these watches are getting ripped off. Plain and simple. Granted, if they can afford it, good for them, but they have to know they are being had.

X

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2018, 08:31:54 AM »

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2018, 08:39:52 AM »
What you're not telling is that you only buy the models that are popular/trendy for the time being, and that you only buy the one in prestine condition that hardly even has been worn. That is 10-20% of the Rolexes on the used market. Don't lie.

I only buy sports models.Sports models for the most part don’t lose and I’m talking subs,sd43,sd4k,deep seas,gmt master ii and Daytona’s.new in box,lnib or used.

Not lying and I’ve forgotten more about Rolex in the last 10 minutes than you have ever known so don’t try to tell me what you think you know.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2018, 08:41:58 AM »
I just looked them up,   and you are on the money for the 116610lv, and conservative for the rest. You know your stuff.

Thank you sir.I spend hours daily mainly at night in bed looking for watche sto But and resell and I always stop anytime I pass a Rolex authorizes dealer cause if you can get a hot watch at retail you will make good money fast.Ive been passionate about Rolex for along time and have studied them in depth.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2018, 09:19:49 AM »
I only buy sports models.Sports models for the most part don’t lose and I’m talking subs,sd43,sd4k,deep seas,gmt master ii and Daytona’s.

Right now Rolex seems to be holding back on dealers.

They know how to keep the prices up for sure!  I purchased a fat lady gmt pretty cheap along with a sub when I got out of the military. They used to have them at px's.  Those are two I wish I held onto.

The new sea dweller (red) is near impossible to find and 13k on watch recon (resale).

IG posts like this are sad imo

"look at me I made it!"

Caring to show off any material posessions is  shallow and douchy

Mission accomplished. ;)

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2018, 09:32:57 AM »

They know how to keep the prices up for sure!  I purchased a fat lady gmt pretty cheap along with a sub when I got out of the military. They used to have them at px's.  Those are two I wish I held onto.

The new sea dweller (red) is near impossible to find and 13k on watch recon (resale).

Mission accomplished. ;)

Exactly,prices are crazy now more than ever due to the Rolex squeeze.I did pick up a nice sd43 Red and I love it.Originally planned to sell cause when I got it the prices were 14-15k but I love it to much.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2018, 09:37:46 AM »
Exactly,prices are crazy now more than ever due to the Rolex squeeze.I did pick up a nice sd43 Red and I love it.Originally planned to sell cause when I got it the prices were 14-15k but I love it to much.

I would love to find one and congrats!

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2018, 09:39:41 AM »
I would love to find one and congrats!

Thank you.I have to say that brietling looks pretty nice with that Porsche,nice combo so yes if you can afford both even better haha.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2018, 09:40:32 AM »

Mission accomplished. ;)

How long ago did you get out of the military?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2018, 09:42:52 AM »
Thank you.I have to say that brietling looks pretty nice with that Porsche,nice combo so yes if you can afford both even better haha.

Rob, if you met Vince Goodrum, CSN, MFT, HPP, CEO, would you give him one of your Rolex's?
X

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »
mr white i have  a swatch watch , but ill admit i dont pull in much pussy with it.  i need to get rolex and trick them whores into thinking i am rich, and then i can have them do the sick depraved shit i am into  :)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2018, 09:52:24 AM »
mr white i have  a swatch watch , but ill admit i dont pull in much pussy with it.  i need to get rolex and trick them whores into thinking i am rich, and then i can have them do the sick depraved shit i am into  :)

:D

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2018, 09:52:50 AM »
Rob, if you met Vince Goodrum, CSN, MFT, HPP, CEO, would you give him one of your Rolex's?

I only have one watch at a time that is mine now as I wouldn’t be able to decide what to wear and I don’t like that much money sitting around tied up.So I buy and sell quick and always have one Rolex to wear,but if I had multiple I would of cours give Vince one.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2018, 09:55:34 AM »
I only have one watch at a time that is mine now as I wouldn’t be able to decide what to wear and I don’t like that much money sitting around tied up.So I buy and sell quick and always have one Rolex to wear,but if I had multiple I would of cours give Vince one.

rob would diet and training routines would you set up for vince

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2018, 10:11:44 AM »

I bet you would give him TWO Rolex watches if he showed you cooked and fed you some kielbasa.  :D :D ;D ;D
X