Author Topic: do you "do what you love" ?  (Read 5855 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: do you "do what you love" ?
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2023, 04:59:24 PM »
Hahaha woohoo. Thanks Rambone. I have been on many a hood hahahah.

Rob, what would you say is the worst driver on the road based on ethnicity? Without trying to be racist here, I’d have to say it’s a tie between Asian woman and Haitian man

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2023, 05:19:14 PM »
Rob, what would you say is the worst driver on the road based on ethnicity? Without trying to be racist here, I’d have to say it’s a tie between Asian woman and Haitian man

I can’t say I’ve ever driven around Haitian men. But Asians in general are pretty bad and the women being brutal. Women in general can’t drive from what I’ve seen so I would generally just say women then breaking it down Asian women and young women so I imagine young Asian women and old Asian women to be the worst. I am crazy about blinkers, I always use a blinker with good notice, I’m over self aware so I never want to be a problem for anyone to say anything so I think I go so crazy because of that self awareness cause it seems no one else has any and I have to call them on it. If I didn’t have to drive I would prob be the happiest guy in the world. Just people in cars are so tough and give the finger and run their mouth cause they know they can drive away hahaha until we get stopped in traffic or at a light or I follow them then they change their tune very quickly. I’ve prob squared up with a guy willing to fight after having road rage 3 times in 25 years or so out of prob 1000. It’s just crazy, if I wasn’t willing to go all the way I sure as shit wouldn’t give the finger or mouth off cause people are crazy haha. Anyways sorry for the ramy ASIAN WOMEN final answer hahahah.

Also as much of an asshole I can be I never give shit to senior citizens even if they cut me off or give me the finger. So they are the only ones who get a pass.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2023, 06:01:42 PM »
I can’t say I’ve ever driven around Haitian men. But Asians in general are pretty bad and the women being brutal. Women in general can’t drive from what I’ve seen so I would generally just say women then breaking it down Asian women and young women so I imagine young Asian women and old Asian women to be the worst. I am crazy about blinkers, I always use a blinker with good notice, I’m over self aware so I never want to be a problem for anyone to say anything so I think I go so crazy because of that self awareness cause it seems no one else has any and I have to call them on it. If I didn’t have to drive I would prob be the happiest guy in the world. Just people in cars are so tough and give the finger and run their mouth cause they know they can drive away hahaha until we get stopped in traffic or at a light or I follow them then they change their tune very quickly. I’ve prob squared up with a guy willing to fight after having road rage 3 times in 25 years or so out of prob 1000. It’s just crazy, if I wasn’t willing to go all the way I sure as shit wouldn’t give the finger or mouth off cause people are crazy haha. Anyways sorry for the ramy ASIAN WOMEN final answer hahahah.

Also as much of an asshole I can be I never give shit to senior citizens even if they cut me off or give me the finger. So they are the only ones who get a pass.

Regarding Haitian men and being too lazy to mention numerous incidents on the road, let’s just say I recently went to a 2 week CDL course to get my class A license for the hell of it, and two Haitian guys who were struggling mightily were there for 3 extra weeks paying an extra $1000/week. They just hogged an automatic truck and would practice ALL DAY on backing maneuvers and would constantly end up crushing cones or ending up all jackknifed. The instructors would take 20 minutes to help them and once they walked away, it was right back to jackknifing. At the end of the 5th week, they both failed for the 2nd time. I think it might be time to reconsider careers at that point.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2023, 07:03:16 PM »
or do you just plow through doing shit you hate, just for the money, and look forward to weekends and vacations? i'm in the latter category and i always wonder how to escape and if there is even really an escape that is not a meme slogan

There is a saying, do what you love, and the money will follow. That is all well and good. But what if what you love is doing nothing in particular, rather whatever comes to mind each day? If any one of you knows how to make a living out of that, clue me in. I was never quite able to figure this out. Many times, people find a way to love what they do, or they spend their lives feeling miserable, wishing they could do anything other than what they are doing.

I had a few different careers over the last many decades . Some of them where I did what I loved but the money did not follow. It is difficult for feel content when you don't have enough income to do the things you love which cost money instead of bringing it in. So for the most part, I ended up learning to like what I did. To say I loved it would be a stretch.

So now I am at a point where my career choices and the sacrifices paid off. I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but I am comfortable and reasonably secure. I have no regrets. Occasionally, I buy a lottery ticket. It is a very long (almost impossible) shot, but it allows me to dream.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2023, 09:02:21 PM »
let's say you won 10 million bucks in the lottery, prime. What would you buy?

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2023, 09:41:45 PM »
Haha sounds like I’m doing the exact same thing as you, I say the same shit and she says she loves me so much etc… but I don’t believe it and it’s my fault that I don’t believe it cause I’ve come to trust no one unfortunately. I am driving her away and I know this, it’s very weird and almost don’t understand why I’m doing it. But I’ve said word for word what you said to your ex wife. I appreciate you guys here more than you could ever know and getbig has gotten me thru some bad times. Appreciate the kind words.

why wouldn't you go see a therapist?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2023, 01:53:38 AM »
dont worry about it. We must all try to follow the path of jesus but its not easy
What path is that?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2023, 01:54:47 AM »
What path is that?

The path he is using after he is done mowing your lawn.
Q

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2023, 06:58:41 AM »
Cheer up sad Getbiggers.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2023, 07:12:02 AM »

why wouldn't you go see a therapist?

I saw one years ago and they said I was to far gone. Legit after a few sessions they said there was nothing they could do for me. And it took years for me to go see that one. Not into that shit but people were convincing me to go. Some people can’t be helped.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2023, 07:28:42 AM »
I saw one years ago and they said I was to far gone. Legit after a few sessions they said there was nothing they could do for me. And it took years for me to go see that one. Not into that shit but people were convincing me to go. Some people can’t be helped.
There's some radical treatments. My family's all been in the military and some of them have had to do some gnarly shit that broke them for a while. You might need an ego death for a reset. Mushrooms\ayahuasca

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2023, 07:31:09 AM »
When all else fails there is always electro-shock therapy.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2023, 07:51:55 AM »

Alexander the Great was tutored by the finest philosophers. After his army had conquered all the way to India, he went to see the Great Wise Men to discuss the nature of existence. They asked the Greek King, "Do you see that rock over there?"

Alexander said, "Sure. What about it?"

They replied, "Take a seat on it for the next 20 years. Then let's talk about existence."

I'm a contractor. Let the therapist go contracting for a  couple decades. Then we'll chat.

You know what's up. If something isn't working you try something else. We've all been there. You had hollower times than now, I bet. You persevered then and found a way. You're gonna persevere now.

Dude I do drywall. You're a proper carpenter.

Prayer Warrior

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2023, 10:08:36 AM »
What path is that?
Following the golden rule, well I'm not really sure about it, but something like that would be pretty good.

Prayer Warrior

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2023, 10:18:40 AM »
Honestly not a big fan of love. I’ve been with my wife 20 years now and it’s whatever, I love her but don’t feel she loves me. Understandably so, I have a bad attitude and don’t do things with her cause I always get angry at people in public when they do stupid shit and have to make it my business and she can’t handle it. I’m not a fun guy to be around at all. Always looking for bad so I can intervene in the only way I know how. Unfortunately I based my whole life around being big and strong and wouldn’t know how to function any other way. I’m just full of hatred for the world and most in it. To much politics and news has invaded my mind over the last 8 years and ruined me. Then with work I do work for myself and don’t work a lot as I have Dec-feb off and work the jobs I want and turn down quite a few jobs based on assholes etc… still I hate work cause it is exactly that,work. Don’t mean to be a downer just don’t see the point in life at all and couldn’t fucking care less what happens to me. So with all that said I will prob start juicing again as a way to go out without looking like I’m trying to out.enjoy your lives getbig bros and hope you never get into my mindset cause you can’t escape it.

I remember feeling that way, took an online quiz to figure it out, try it and get back to us
https://www.marriage.com/quizzes/does-my-wife-love-me-quiz

i answered the questions honestly which means pretty negatively, and it said my wife loves me. It's probably fake and rigged by feminist lobby groups, but hey try it anyway just because I'm curious of the outcome

Prayer Warrior

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2023, 10:23:04 AM »
by the way i certainly feel the quiz is rigged as this is my result:

"Your wife loves you, and it shows. She says nothing but great things about you and always kisses you when you come back from work. She always has a kind word for you when you are down and always has your meals prepared and ready for you because she knows you work hard to provide for your family. "

it's totally wrong because my wife never shows affection when i return home from work, even if it has been a week since she has seen me because i work abroad most of the time. in fact i have complained about it, and told her she must welcome me with affection and fake it if needed. still no result, she has not changed her behavior. the parts about kindness, mealprep, and respect for my provisions is accurate however. overall, i give her 8/10, would marry again.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2023, 01:37:44 PM »

Excellent question. To be honest, I have no idea how I would spend that much money, maybe frivolously just to take a break from a lifetime of being fiscally conservative. 

It would be fun to have a sports car to drive on occasion. A vintage Alpha Romeo Spider would be excellent.

Building an oceanfront beach house in Gearhart Oregon is one possibility. My daughter and son-in-law like spending time at the beach as do I, particularly in the summer. There is nothing like relaxing while whale watching, reading a good book by a roaring fire, walking barefoot on the beach, and dining out at one of the many fine restaurants in neighboring Cannon Beach. On the other hand, Carmel CA is also a beautiful place. https://www.homes.com/property/2579-14th-ave-carmel-ca/l2040yzt6cywn/

Speaking of second homes, I would probably buy a small place in the Bavarian Village where my son and daughter-in-law live. Normally, I stay with them in their home in the walkout basement apartment, but I limit my visit to a month maximum to not wear out my welcome.

My extended family is scattered worldwide. It would be fun to spend time traveling to visit cousins I haven't seen in years.

There are small-ship cruise lines with accommodations for a couple of hundred folks for those of us who hate crowds. I think a barge trip in Britain would be great.

Sea Dream Yacht Club

I compromised on some of the improvements I made to my house to stay on budget which I would redo the way I originally wanted to do them. For example, when I reroofed the house, I ended up with high-end composition roofing because it was almost half the price of the smooth-sawn shake roof I had hoped for... $45,000 as opposed to $75,000. I have always wanted to add a private porch off my bedroom facing the southside lawn and increase my master bathroom size.

Oh heck, might as well go all out and build a family compound around a large, shared courtyard in Oregon wine country. This way we would still all live together, but with a little more privacy for each generation.

Give me some more time and $10 million and I will come up with additional ideas. Come to think of it $10 million may not be enough!

Prayer Warrior

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2023, 01:49:00 PM »
Nice hairdressers car ;D

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2023, 01:54:35 PM »
I remember feeling that way, took an online quiz to figure it out, try it and get back to us
https://www.marriage.com/quizzes/does-my-wife-love-me-quiz

i answered the questions honestly which means pretty negatively, and it said my wife loves me. It's probably fake and rigged by feminist lobby groups, but hey try it anyway just because I'm curious of the outcome

I stopped after the first question
"Does your wife like to do little things that make you happy?"

I dont get happy, I don't get sad either, Im pretty much non plussed about everything.

fucks sake, just went back and filled it in, guess what
"Your wife only loves you when you are happy"

Thats me fucked then

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2023, 02:00:01 PM »
I`d give it to Shizzo.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2023, 11:16:28 PM »
If u did a job that you loved they would find a way to charge someone for it instead of paying u to do it
irongearco.com

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2023, 01:28:01 AM »
The path he is using after he is done mowing your lawn.
:D

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2023, 03:15:38 AM »
Regarding Haitian men and being too lazy to mention numerous incidents on the road, let’s just say I recently went to a 2 week CDL course to get my class A license for the hell of it, and two Haitian guys who were struggling mightily were there for 3 extra weeks paying an extra $1000/week. They just hogged an automatic truck and would practice ALL DAY on backing maneuvers and would constantly end up crushing cones or ending up all jackknifed. The instructors would take 20 minutes to help them and once they walked away, it was right back to jackknifing. At the end of the 5th week, they both failed for the 2nd time. I think it might be time to reconsider careers at that point.

I took a 6 week course back in 2015. Got partnered with 2 Korean guys. They didn't even know what a stop sign or traffic light were. Crazy. They also hogged all my time in the truck. No way they should have been driving a motorized vehicle of any type. Neither got their Class 1 license if I heard correctly.

Left the office life and never looked back. Been on the road since 2016. Long haul for a few months but settled in to a regional job. 4x10 (more like 4x12) and home every night.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2023, 03:20:58 AM »
As long as i do what Rory loves, i'll be fine
Q

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2023, 03:43:33 AM »