Author Topic: Grey Alien On The Impossibility Of Artificial Intelligence.  (Read 35210 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Grey Alien On The Origins Of The Universe.
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
thats the same bag of horseshit modern atheist scientist propagate

You, of all people, would dare to criticize this. And yet you cannot formulate any arguments against anything the alien wrote.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

Re: Grey Alien On The Impossibility Of Artificial Intelligence.
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »
He/it used the word dead. Does energy die?

What has this got to do with anything? When you die, the energy that is produced by the body as a result of metabolic funtion dissipates. Enery doesen't die, but we certainly do.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 06:54:17 PM »
  You, of all people, would dare to criticize this. And yet you cannot formulate any arguments against anything the alien wrote.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

read this

matter came into being from conceptual determinations that don't really require time to be. Concepts exist independent of matter and time, since they are that from which matter and thus time arrise.

where do concepts come from?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Grey Alien On God.
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »
 ::) and where do concepts come from?  ;)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2011, 07:00:38 PM »
and where do concepts come from?  ;)

At the Human level, from chemical reactions that generate patterns of electrical firing between neurons. At the axiomatic level, no one knows but it could just be the fundamental property of reality.

Ultimately, you are thinking in terms of cause and effect. The alien has already explained the folly of this, as cause and effect is a function of matter at the atomistic level and not of matter at more fundamental levels nor when you try to explain matter itself. Just because no one knows doesen't give you the freedom to make up magical explanations for it.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2011, 07:03:02 PM »
where do concepts come from?

Your question is both nonsensical and irrelevant to this discussion. Just because no one knows what concepts are at the axiomatic level or their ultimate etiology, doesen't mean that your magical explanation is right.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2011, 07:04:28 PM »
LOL  ::)

thoughts are represented by and affected by neural activity, but they are not completely reducible to it. concepts are the result of thought, before anything can exist it must be thought of first. hence, GOD. no need for a leap of faith, its right in front of your eyes.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2011, 07:07:11 PM »
only a living, thinking thing can produce a concept.  :)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »
thats the same bag of horseshit modern atheist scientist propagate

''Maybe God didnt always exist. I actually think that he created himself. which implies that there was a period of non-existence, and then god created himself... got lonely, and created existence''

TBombz

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2011, 07:13:04 PM »

''Maybe God didnt always exist. I actually think that he created himself. which implies that there was a period of non-existence, and then god created himself... got lonely, and created existence''

TBombz

logically speaking, that is the best explanation. you can infer to most plausible explanation in the absence of certain truth. creation follows concepts follows thought follows being follows nonbeing.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »
only a living, thinking thing can produce a concept.  :)

This is a blanket statement. So according to you, there was a living, thinking thing before there was the Universe since the process that created the Universe existed as concept before it came into being physically(you seem to be agreeing with me in this point, so I am asssuming that this is what you are implying)?

And a concept exists independent from any living thing. A concept is a logical determination, like the variables in an equation. Mathematics does not require any living things to conceive it for it to exist. Two atoms of Hydrogen and one of Oxygem would still result in water if there were no one to conceive of this. The laws of physics work likewise, without anything to conceive of it.

The problem that I have with you is that you make a ton of blanket statements that are vey poorly worded and then expect me to interpret what the hell you are talking about. You use the same words with different meaning and formulate your sentences in such a poor manner that most of the time I can't really interpret what you are trying to say.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »
logically speaking, that is the best explanation. you can infer to most plausible explanation in the absence of certain truth. creation follows concepts follows thought follows being follows nonbeing.

I agree ,   logically speaking  that is the best explanation.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »
 This is a blanket statement. So according to you, there was a living, thinking thing before there was the Universe since the process that created the Universe existed as concept before it came into being physically(you seem to be agreeing with me in this point, so I am asssuming that this is what you are implying)?

And a concept exists independent from any living thing. A concept is a logical determination, like the variables in an equation. Mathematics does not require any living things to conceive it for it to exist. Two atoms of Hydrogen and one of Oxygem would still result in water if there were no one to conceive of this. The laws of physics work likewise, without anything to conceive of it.

The problem that I have with you is that you make a ton of blanket statements that are vey poorly worded and then expect me to interpret what the hell you are talking about. You use the same words with different meaning and formulate your sentences in such a poor manner that most of the time I can't really interpret what you are trying to say.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
no no no!!!! concepts do not exist independant of a thinking being,   mass/energy in all of its forms(the phsyical representation of concepts) exists independantely of a direct, observable cause.  the physical represenation of a concept is something altogether different from the concept itself. concepts only reside in the mind of a thinking being. modern philosophy is based upon this idea. everything is subjective ;)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2011, 07:25:55 PM »
LOL

LOL, my ass. You are talking out of your ass as if you've struck gold.

thoughts are represented by and affected by neural activity, but they are not completely reducible to it.

I never said they are, idiot. I said, "at the Human level". I then went on to say that at the axiomatic level no one knows the etiology of concepts.

concepts are the result of thought,

No, they aren't. No one needs to conceive that 2 + 2 = 4 for it to be. It just is.

before anything can exist it must be thought of first. hence, GOD. no need for a leap of faith, its right in front of your eyes.

Another blanket statement. So God is a living, breathing entity? After all, you did say that only living, breathing things can think. So if an intelligence that you could call God is the ultimate explanation for everything, then what explains God? After all, God is also a concept(a supreme intelligence), so what "thought" the concept of God to make it come into being? Saying that God thought itself into being is just as bad as saying that a God created everything. It doesen't explain anything.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2011, 07:29:22 PM »
 LOL, my ass. You are talking out of your ass as if you've struck gold.

I never said they are, idiot. I said, "at the Human level". I then went on to say that at the axiomatic level no one knows the etiology of concepts.

No, they aren't. No one needs to conceive that 2 + 2 = 4 for it to be. It just is.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

2+2=4 is a concept, and it does not exist in nature, anywhere, except for in the mind of a thinking being. 2 rocks next to two rocks makes 4 rocks. but only if there is someone there to observe the four rocks. otherwise, there is only a bunch of nonsensical matter, and nothing seperates the "4 rocks" from any of the other mass/energy within the infinite space aroudn it.

Another blanket statement. So God is a living, breathing entity? After all, you did say that only living, breathing things can think. So if an intelligence that you could call God is the ultimate explanation for everything, then what explains God? After all, God is also a concept(a supreme intelligence), so what "thought" the concept of God to make it come into being? Saying that God thought itself into being is just as bad as saying that a God created everything. It doesen't explain anything.

it explains everything (once you understand GOD to be.. well, GOD.  ;)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Grey Alien On Interstellar Travel.
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »
aliens would probably kill us all if they arrived

According to Dr.Michio Kaku , a brilliant theoretical physicist they would most likely not pay attention to us, although we would end up getting wiped out, kind of in the same way native indians got wiped out when settlers came to America/N.America, we would basically get 'paved over' as Dr.Kaku puts it.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2011, 07:47:11 PM »
  I am not getting into a protracted debate with you because frankly all your points are blanket statements with no evidence and you play with semantics to try to prove your points. This is my last reply to you.

no no no!!!!

Yes, yes, yes.

concepts do not exist independant of a thinking being,

This is an unsubstantiated statement(blanket statement). Saying that "God" thought the Universe into being doesen't solve anything! It doesen't explain God! It is a circular argument. We know that concepts can exist without any minds that we know of - we don't know if God exists, so it doesen't count. Gravity was working before Newton defined it as a law. The only minds we know of, our owns, are not required for concepts to exist.

mass/energy in all of its forms(the phsyical representation of concepts) exists independantely of a direct, observable cause.

What do you mean by this? You mean matter in it's essence? Yes, but saying that God created it all is a terrible explanation because it doesen't explain God. So we are back at square one.

But saying that matter in all of it's forms is not explainable is retarded. For instance, we know that atoms of Helium are formed when atoms of Hydrogen fuse. We know that molecules of water are formed when two atoms of Hydrogen combine with one of Oxygen. We know that matter burns to give out fumes and emit lights(photons). So the transformations of matter are very well understood in all of it's forms except what explains matter at the most axiomatic level.

the physical representation of a concept is something altogether different from the concept itself.

Welll...hmmmm...duh.

concepts only reside in the mind of a thinking being.

Blanket statement and mostly falsifiable. We know they can exist independently of our minds, the only ones we know to exist. The mind of God? Ok, what "thought" God into existing? Saying that God thought himself into existing doesen't explain anything. God himself is also a concept, so God gave also birth to his very own concept? See how this leaves us at square one.

modern philosophy is based upon this idea. everything is subjective ;)

You mean post-modernism? The impressions that Humans have on different topics is subjective due to different genetic programmings that result in brains with different levels of neurotransmitter and thus different patterns of electrochemical firings that result in different personalities that interpret facts differently, but reality is not. The Universe works with precise and unchangeable laws(objective).

It's sad that philosophers have degenerated into playing with semantics and worrying so much about context rather than precision and objectivity. The father of modern logic, Aristotle, was a philosopher, and it is sad that philosophers have lost touch with the reality.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
I agree ,   logically speaking  that is the best explanation.

::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2011, 07:56:07 PM »
2+2=4 is a concept, and it does not exist in nature, anywhere, except for in the mind of a thinking being. 2 rocks next to two rocks makes 4 rocks. but only if there is someone there to observe the four rocks. otherwise, there is only a bunch of nonsensical matter, and nothing seperates the "4 rocks" from any of the other mass/energy within the infinite space aroudn it.

can you remember which thread you and neoseminole were debating in, i want to read it. You are to far gone however,  the matter around the rocks is obviously arranged differently then the rocks or everything would be indistinguishabe. Perception doesnt alter reality, the double slit experiment has been ass fucked for to long. Seriously, my girlfriend is in the other room, i cant perceive her but im sure she still exists, the evidence for this is that nothing has ever ceased existing from not being perceived, perception does not matter.

God actually raises more questions then it answers. You are suggesting something outside the universe for an explanation of the universe, which by definition cannot exist. Also since no one can be outside the universe or have any
knowledge of thigs outside of space and time, anything you say about such matters is pure conjecture and wild assumptions that can be discarded.

If god exists he is either stupid or doesnt give a fuck, the universe is a shitty design with so many flaws and the human body even more so (fuck myopia is super prevalent, great design on the eye god)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
Re: Grey Alien On Interstellar Travel.
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2011, 07:56:54 PM »
retardedness  :D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2011, 08:01:16 PM »
2+2=4 is a concept, and it does not exist in nature, anywhere,

Sure it does. Two atoms of Hydrogen and one of Oxygen = water. Physical reality knows that this precise combination(mathematical) of precise elements result in the same substance always.

except for in the mind of a thinking being.

What explains the thinking being? Since only a thinking being can conceive of a thought that results in something(anything) according to you, and since God himself is a concept, what explains God? He either thought himself into being, which doesen't explain anything, or some thinking being thought of him which is a circular argument as you would be stuck with a never-ending succession of thinking beings. See how retarded you sound?

2 rocks next to two rocks makes 4 rocks. but only if there is someone there to observe the four rocks.

No, it doesen't. Two atoms of Hydrogen and one of Oxygen don't need for anyone to be observing them combining for them to form water.

otherwise, there is only a bunch of nonsensical matter,

The laws of physics are hardly nonsensical...

and nothing seperates the "4 rocks" from any of the other mass/energy within the infinite space aroudn it.

What??? What is this supposed to mean? Speak English man...

This is an explanation satisfying for a four-year old or to you, like Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy, but it not satisfying for me and to most scientists or the philosophers you bring up constantly(erroneously) to make your points. If you want, I can have my good friend, British philosopher, David Pearce, who teaches at Oxford, tell you how wrong you are in assuming that philosophers accept God as creating the Universe ex nihilo and coming into being ex nihilo.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »
  The only reasonable explanation for concepts being the ultimate axiomatic essence of existence is for we to assume that the non-existence of anything is a concept itself, hence, non-existence is impossible since it always exists as a concept. It is the ultimate concept in itself. This would be the zero onthology problem. It offers a somewhat satisfying explanation for reality, but it leaves the old philosophical question of why there is something rather than nothing unanswered since we can never know what "nothing" is in essence.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2011, 08:58:37 PM »
the only reason it isnt satisfactory to you is because you arent accepting the omnipotence of GOD. God necessarily exists, his essence is existence, and his existence demands his omnipotence.

heres the proof = free will

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »
the only reason it isnt satisfactory to you is because you arent accepting the omnipotence of GOD. God necessarily exists, his essence is existence, and his existence demands his omnipotence.

heres the proof = free will

Hey man. What is this story all about with you and the deep anal massage?

I heard something about this but I don't know the whole story. What is this all about?

Johnny_Blaze

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2011, 09:01:46 PM »
This would be the zero onthology problem. It offers a somewhat satisfying explanation for reality, but it leaves the old philosophical question of why there is something rather than nothing unanswered since we can never know what "nothing" is in essence.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

What I know for sure is that if we weren't here, we wouldn't be talking about it. lol
Just Do It