Author Topic: Phil Heath  (Read 67255 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Phil Heath
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2006, 09:51:23 AM »
Hey feel I had the pleasure to meet yo at NYpro show ( was helping mu buddy Greg Rando) and I saw you again at the Atlantic pro show, I notice a big gain in mass? is how heavy do you usually get off season or this is someting you trying out?

This has nothing to do with the topic so plz excuse me ppl, but maybe Greg doesn't do guest posings, but I know that emails sent to his account, which was gotten off his website, inquiring about having him guest pose were never returned. I only mention it as normally when we contact ppl to guest pose they respond back quite quickly, I assume that the Caribbean locale does it. Just thought I would mention it, in case someone is dropping the ball on checking his email for him and he is losing out on opportunites.Of course, maybe he just ignored us ;D

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2006, 10:35:36 AM »
This has nothing to do with the topic so plz excuse me ppl, but maybe Greg doesn't do guest posings, but I know that emails sent to his account, which was gotten off his website, inquiring about having him guest pose were never returned. I only mention it as normally when we contact ppl to guest pose they respond back quite quickly, I assume that the Caribbean locale does it. Just thought I would mention it, in case someone is dropping the ball on checking his email for him and he is losing out on opportunites.Of course, maybe he just ignored us ;D
I'm 100% sure he did not get them, can you plz sent me a pm about this I make sure this won't append again. (I know he had his pc down for a while). And nope he would never ignore you a request or at least give a response.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2006, 10:37:28 AM »

Shouldn`t that be obvious as to why he did not get them?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2006, 10:40:33 AM »
Whats up Phil!

Great seeing you at the Olympia and hope things are well.  Lana's afterparty was very cool but we left before they went to the second club (we're tired and boring these days...hahaha).

We'll be at the Arnold and hopefully see Phil Heath as the next Arnold Champion!!

-John

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »

You should win it. You have the best genetics since Flex Wheeler.
Don't let em fool ya

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2006, 11:04:17 AM »
Shouldn`t that be obvious as to why he did not get them?

If you are making some comment referencing the fact that he is blind, re read my post, the entire point of it was I assume whoever reads them for him slacked off and he could be losing out, as he did in our case. No offense intended to you btw.

I'm 100% sure he did not get them, can you plz sent me a pm about this I make sure this won't append again. (I know he had his pc down for a while). And nope he would never ignore you a request or at least give a response.

Thanks. This was a few months ago, my only concern was I didn't want the guy losing out cause somone is not handing his email efficently..

hardkor

• Getbig II
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2006, 11:12:22 AM »
Phil,

You mentioned SODIUM as something you learned more about.  I won't ask you how you manipulate sodium the final week, as it's Hany's info, but do you add sodium to your diet DURING your contest prep, or do you pretty much stick to a low sodium diet?

Best! 

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2006, 11:19:22 AM »
If you are making some comment referencing the fact that he is blind, re read my post, the entire point of it was I assume whoever reads them for him slacked off and he could be losing out, as he did in our case. No offense intended to you btw.

Thanks. This was a few months ago, my only concern was I didn't want the guy losing out cause somone is not handing his email efficently..
your consern its well taken, thank you. was it an NPC show? where?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2006, 11:34:08 AM »
your consern its well taken, thank you. was it an NPC show? where?

No problem, not really NPC but kind of, it was an IFBB amateur show in the Caribbean.

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2006, 01:06:59 PM »
No problem, not really NPC but kind of, it was an IFBB amateur show in the Caribbean.
If you get some time send me an email plz

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2006, 01:13:32 PM »
adonis i have a psychology degree and have done some neuroscience courses tell me how you tap into the sub-conscious to stimulate the mind muscle connection. it may become innate or learned response but in no way could you get the muscle fibers to fire in reflex like speed voluntarily.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2006, 01:21:48 PM »
Family doesn't deserve any more love or respect than anyone else.  My mom is ok but that isn't to say we get along about everything or that I need to agree or give her respect about everything.

My grandfather beat my mother's head into the wall everyday while she was growing up and she still goes on about how she is supposed to have love for him because "he's family."  My mom stayed in a very unhappy relationship with my father because of the same traditional garbage.  She ended up being the one to lose in all this because of her "loving" nature.  I guess because old Italy teaches women garbage like "love is unconditional."  Just to clarify, love IS conditional and anyone who thinks otherwise obviously has little to no self respect or has any idea what love means for that matter. Love should be formed under the basis that the other person doesn't beat you, steal from you until you're destitute, and most importantly, does not abuse the love you give them. If love means ANYTHING to you, it should damn well be conditional. To make it unconditional is to not even understand the preciousness of love in the first place.

The whole idea of putting your family ahead of others just because they are family is garbage and quite dangerous.  My grandfather is a wife beating asshole and the day he dies will just be the day a scumbag leaves the earth.  And I don't give two fucks that "he's family".  If you beat your wife and kids you're a piece of shit in my book, whether you're related to me or not.

I think more people this day in age (atleast the younger generation) are finally coming to terms with what you said. There is no reason to treat anyone in your family kinder then someone you meet on the street, I know many whose lives have been fucked up because they put trust in people because they were family.
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2006, 01:45:22 PM »
I agree with this.  I'm not saying extreme liberalism when it comes to this idea is necessarily a great idea, but neither is extreme conservatism.  You should never love a person who beats you and will continue to do so.  Makes no sense at all.

I read an article earlier this year that said over the past 6 years the number of people spending holidays with friends rather then family is sharply increasing. Just makes you think..............
I

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2006, 01:49:31 PM »
adonis i have a psychology degree and have done some neuroscience courses tell me how you tap into the sub-conscious to stimulate the mind muscle connection. it may become innate or learned response but in no way could you get the muscle fibers to fire in reflex like speed voluntarily.

Of course you can.

Simple Example.....Walk a skinny beam or tight rope or something simiar where balance is tested.  Try it blindfolded as well.

Your muscles are forced to fire at a faster rate than your conciousness can process as you put more stress on different muscles to keep from falling off.

There are many examples, but that is just one.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2006, 01:50:52 PM »
Yeah I agree that the whole 'family' title doesnt describe every family ...
Im just glad I have a family that does, and alot of times my freinds who dont have fam like me just tag along for holidays which is cool

MattC didnt mean to joke about your mom like that just playin round.
L

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2006, 02:37:59 PM »
that is not an example of voluntary control of simple reflex pathways. motor, interneuron, sensory nueron direct connection. i dont even no what point that example raises simple adrenaline response. a example of a reflex is ejaculation or knee jerk. you claim to be able to control this neural substrate per se voluntarily and often which is utter non-sense.

punk_rockerX

• Getbig II
  • why?
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2006, 04:55:10 PM »
can we please stop talking about matt c's bitterness towards his family...

the gift is the f*cking man.  if i could stop chain smoking and lifted some iron i would want to look like him.  show them guys how it's done at the AC phil ;D
hell yeah!!

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2006, 05:24:59 PM »
can we please stop talking about matt c's bitterness towards his family and sore ass hole...

the gift is the f*cking man.  if i could stop chain smoking and lifted some iron i would want to look like him.  show them guys how it's done at the AC phil ;D
haha thanks for the laugh and yeah go Phil!

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2006, 07:10:39 PM »
Phil,

You mentioned SODIUM as something you learned more about.  I won't ask you how you manipulate sodium the final week, as it's Hany's info, but do you add sodium to your diet DURING your contest prep, or do you pretty much stick to a low sodium diet?

Best! 

Thanks for the quesiton. As for adding sodium during contest prep, I don't that much, but it is hard to turn down salsa, as I get some homemade from my girl's family out here.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2006, 07:23:31 PM »
A good salsa is the best. or guacamole dip...but you need a good tortilla chip to start it off. and a load of diet mt. dew.the best soda.

Robbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2006, 08:05:55 PM »
Of course you can.

Simple Example.....Walk a skinny beam or tight rope or something simiar where balance is tested.  Try it blindfolded as well.

Your muscles are forced to fire at a faster rate than your conciousness can process as you put more stress on different muscles to keep from falling off.

I suppose doing squats on a swiss ball is another...

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2006, 08:25:48 PM »
Of course you can.

Simple Example.....Walk a skinny beam or tight rope or something simiar where balance is tested.  Try it blindfolded as well.

So in effect....you are forcing yourself into survival mode.....interesting.

THE BAD GUY

• Getbig III
  • Some dream to get big I stay awake and get it done
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2006, 08:40:59 PM »
You Guys who think gear is what its all about are wayyyyyyyy off or have never done it believe me Ive seen and had more gear in my hands then anyone Ive ever met and Ive met alot of ppl into this sport and others sports you need alot more then just some amps of sust gh slin or whatever to get big and look good not fat and sloppy so to back 'PHIL up with or without the "GEAR"  u have to have it the dedication,genetics,the passion the time everything and last thing u need is the Gear..cuz with just the gear u all know i don't have to tell ya you will look like shit or 60% of gym rats would be walking around looking like IFBB pro's and not the BLOATED jacked up slobs that they do look like!. keep it up PHIL u got what it takes bro!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2006, 09:09:47 PM »

Why do you want people to help name your DVD? Is it because all the best titles have already been taken and you can't come up with something original?

I think it is a great way to involve the fans with the IFBB pro rookie of the year. The responses, both in threads and via emails I heard were overwhelming. Phil Heath is the real thing - cool, respected and so far, a great bodybuilder. At the Olympia, and at the expo, he was cool to all...

The whole idea of putting your family ahead of others just because they are family is garbage and quite dangerous.

Families are a dangerous topic, and usually off limits because of the extreme hurt some people in families have caused. For a dicussion of this, better go to the General boards, but everybody can have a story.

You Guys who think gear is what its all about are wayyyyyyyy off

Now this statement is true. Gear is only a small part - you need training, diet, persistence, and even with all of these, it can not be enough. I have talked to hundreds of people who want to reach the pro ranks, and cannot for various reasons. Sometimes I laugh when I hear this comment...

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2006, 09:38:58 PM »
Strawman.

I never claimed genetic superiority.  Not in bodybuilding at least.  Maybe in math or something.  ;)

Adam and I are trying to say that there really isn't any genetic superiority.  Phil has an incredible structure though, even though he is narrow he has some great lines.  That is one thing you can't find in a needle.  Everything else in bodybuilding can be.

Adam isn't saying he would necessarily be Phil's size on juice - he's saying Phil would be his size off juice.  Nobody is denying Phil has had an amazing response to hormones and Adam and I sure as hell aren't saying we would respond in the same way.

Again, is something I said here untrue?  It only makes some of you guys mad because what we say is a tough pill to swallow.  But it sure beats the sperm swallowing posts that are required on mayhem.

I'll give you this - Adam and I being so repetitive must get damn annoying.  I'm going to make an effort to not be as repetitive.  That said, you may look at me as arrogant or whatever you want - you should be able to forgive this because I speak the truth.  It's ok to be a know-it-all when you do know it all (gh15).

I'll have more pics and clips coming along the way soon enough.  I have nothing to be ashamed of which is why I'll keep posting pics regardless.

Matt C you are small for a natural. Maybe perhaps you need to train more and stop worrying about people who use juice, that was bigger than you when they was natural.