Author Topic: OMFFGG! Muscle and Fitness advocates Swiss Ball Squats.Scanned pic! WTF?  (Read 22507 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: OMFFGG! Muscle and Fitness advocates Swiss Ball Squats.Scanned pic! WTF?
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2006, 11:50:52 AM »
what i am trying to say is that is the dumbest thing that i have ever seen doing squats on a big pink ball i just dosent look safe you guys can do is all you want but dont tell me that it is a good safe way to do squats

Would it be better on a big blue ball?

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2006, 11:58:45 AM »
the free weight squat- WORLDS MUST DANGEROUS EXERCISE
the stupid ball- A STUPID BALL
combine the 2- SOMETHING TO LAUGH AT IN BETWEEN SETS OF REAL TRAINING

In my opinion we shouldnt discourage the use of this exercise the world is more fun if the idiots can roam free to do whatever stupid fad comes there way!

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2006, 12:12:19 PM »
it gives me something to laugh about

Beyond Genetics

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2006, 12:20:04 PM »
That type of exercise is more suitable for athletes, not bodybuilders.
And even then under very close supervision.
Like I said, I've had some female clients do this, but on a Bosu instead.
occasionally a male, soccer player, etc.

But No, It shouldn't be in a bodybuilding mag, and will do little to put on any mass.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2006, 12:21:25 PM »
He is a world class surfer, makes good money, is featured in the biggest muscle mag and is in shape.  So make fun of him squating on a ball if you want, I doubt he cares.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »
  Isn't the humiliation I delivered to you, on the Y board, enough to make you shut your cun t up? I know that it's impossible for a bitch like you to close that sperm bank you call a mouth, but please try. Seriously. How much more do you want me to rape you, with my massive wit(no, sorry, I'm not going to rape you with my massive dick, 'cause homosexuality disgusts me. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'll rape you only with my wit)? I mean, I have humiliated your mommy and all the other female members of your family, including yourself, yet you still come back for more? Damn, girl, I didn't know masochism was one of your sex fetiches! How slutty you are! I guess it's as they say:like mother, like daughter! ;D

Speaking of strengh, I BET I'm much stronger than you. Not stronger, but much, much stronger. If you have read what what I wrote, you'd realized I dead-lift ten plates for over ten reps. I have done as much as seventeen reps, with that weight. My single is seven plates a side, which doesen't put me that much behind Ronnie. I guess this is not your fault; crack-whores usually are usually illiterate and don't enroll their kids in school. Good bye, loser. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE
meltdown.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2006, 12:42:43 PM »
He is a world class surfer, makes good money, is featured in the biggest muscle mag and is in shape.  So make fun of him squating on a ball if you want, I doubt he cares.

I don't agree with the squatting on a stability ball as a matter of fact his trainer should be shot. The trainer is risking his clients career by risking injury. From a safety stand point, the ball can burst (even if it is burst resistant) one wrong move WILL cause back, knee or other types of severe career ending injury. If your going to train sport specific you have to design the program to work and strengthen the muscle, joints, tendons and ligaments while simulating the sport movement......and endo board and a slide board should have been incorporated in the surfers training, not squatting on a ball!!

if you go to my site and click on "Our Philosophy" you'll see how i like to do things. The site isn't quite complete, but you'll get the idea. www.joelocalpt.com

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2006, 01:46:35 PM »
LOL...so you're telling me Ronnie Coleman can keep up with an elite athlete (Baseball, Football, etc) and pass the test in a combine?? LOL....can't wait to hear this!! Hahahahahaha!

That doesn't make any sense. Just because someone can't keep up with top athletes doesn't mean they lack athletic ability. Most people by definition cannot keep up with elite athletes.

On the other hand, I can guarantee you that Ronnie is stronger than anyone in the NFL. The combine record on the bench press is a measly 43 reps with 225. I also wouldn't be surprised if he did well on the vertical jump and 40 yard dash. Many bodybuilders and olympic lifters are outstanding athletes, and they don't do anything but lift weights.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2006, 01:49:31 PM »
I never said traditional weights does not build stability!

You implied that traditional weight training will leave one deficient in "stability" and "functional strength". According to you, dicking around on a swiss ball will make up for these deficiencies. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Beyond Genetics

« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2006, 01:52:59 PM »
Ronnie Coleman has almost no athletic ability at his size.
The man can barely walk.

And to be fair,,,  neither did Dorian...

They could have some 50lbs lighter...

Beyond Genetics

« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2006, 01:57:27 PM »
You implied that traditional weight training will leave one deficient in "stability" and "functional strength". According to you, dicking around on a swiss ball will make up for these deficiencies. ::)

Stability balls tend to build more stability, via the Nervous System, not so much from progessive overload of the muscle.

It's a different style of training which should be used for perfomance reasons, balance, reaction, agility, etc.
  It's not a waste of time if you are an athlete.

If you are a bodybuilder I suspect it will do you little good...  Maybe occasionally as sort of a shock, but other than that,,  pretty useless for us.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2006, 02:13:02 PM »
That doesn't make any sense. Just because someone can't keep up with top athletes doesn't mean they lack athletic ability. Most people by definition cannot keep up with elite athletes.

On the other hand, I can guarantee you that Ronnie is stronger than anyone in the NFL. The combine record on the bench press is a measly 43 reps with 225. I also wouldn't be surprised if he did well on the vertical jump and 40 yard dash. Many bodybuilders and olympic lifters are outstanding athletes, and they don't do anything but lift weights.

I have no doubt Ronnie is stronger than anyone in the NFL. But being strong and having athletic ability are two different things.  As far as veritical jump....the man weighs 320lbs at 5'10...do the math, he ain't gonna exactly dunk a basketball and as an example, Spud Webb can dunk regularly....different training. As far as the 40, he has never trained for speed, that's why there are different trainers for different exercises in each sport (or at least most sports) Maybe I should have put him in the catagory of High football or College (Community) NFL.....not a chance to last a day in the conditioning phase at any level!!!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2006, 02:18:12 PM »
Stability/Core training helps define & strengthen useable, everyday, body/trunk movements.

How is it more people nowadays throw out their back simply by bending over to pick up something?

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2006, 02:22:17 PM »
if you go to my site and click on "Our Philosophy" you'll see how i like to do things[/qutoe]

Exactly.  The way YOU like to do things.  Nothing is 100% proven on either side.  You claim he's going to kill himself on the ball, yet it seems like he is doing fine. 

I'm not saying you are right or wrong.  Just saying it is an opinion.  He seems to have proof that his methods are working.  A surfer who is way past his prime (not sure if most of you realize that), but is at the peak of his career physically.  Something is working.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2006, 02:22:31 PM »
good bodybuilders dont throw out their backs bending over

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »
good bodybuilders dont throw out their backs bending over

smart bodybuilders make the girl bend over.

HTH.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2006, 06:55:50 PM »
LOL...so you're telling me Ronnie Coleman can keep up with an elite athlete (Baseball, Football, etc) and pass the test in a combine?? LOL....can't wait to hear this!! Hahahahahaha!

Mark McGuire and Joe Montana used core training? LMFAO!
"Shut the F up and train"

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2006, 07:03:57 PM »
How can you tell if the balls are from Switzerland ????

Its like French fries how can you tell they are from France ????

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2006, 07:27:05 PM »
Ronnie Coleman has almost no athletic ability at his size.
The man can barely walk.

And to be fair,,,  neither did Dorian...

They could have some 50lbs lighter...

Ronnie does parking lot lunges with 225 on his back. I have a hard time believing he can barely walk. ::)

Once again, being big and muscular does not preclude one from being athletic. I would be willing to bet that Ronnie at 300 lb has vastly more athletic ability than the average man.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »
If you are in a sport that requires alot a movement the answer is fucking simple. Don't go overboard with the weights! Most people will never look better than a personal trainer anyway though.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2006, 08:45:06 PM »
Mark McGuire and Joe Montana used core training? LMFAO!

LOL..Funny you should mention Mark McGuire, he was my neighbor and my client for about 10 months when he used to live in Huntington Beach  and yes, he did alot of core training, Dennis Rodman was also a client along with Tito Ortiz and Tank Abbott and they all did core..all from Huntington Beach!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2006, 08:46:35 PM »
LOL..Funny you should mention Mark McGuire, he was my neighbor and my client for about 10 months when he used to live in Huntington Beach  and yes, he did alot of core training, Dennis Rodman was also a client along with Tito Ortiz and Tank Abbott and they all did core..all from Huntington Beach!

Yeah right HAHAHA!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2006, 09:22:40 PM »
Yeah right HAHAHA!!

Care to put a little money on it?

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2006, 09:26:33 PM »
Care to put a little money on it?

I wouldn't doubt they are some suckas!!. Post some pics.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2006, 09:34:16 PM »
MR INTENSONE, MANSONVIER IS ROYALLY OWNING YOU, JUST GIVE UP NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE EVEN A SHRED OF DIGNITY LEFT YOU GERIATRIC F#*KING SCUMBAG C*NT!  HEY MR INTENSONE HOW MANY OF THOSE $100  PHONE CALLS HAVE PEOPLE PAYED FOR SO FAR, LOL! HAHAHAHA!  WHAT A LOSER.

XL, why don't you wager your account on it?