Author Topic: LEE HANEY was given the most gifts in bodybuilding history..  (Read 30977 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
LEE HANEY was given the most gifts in bodybuilding history..
« on: October 21, 2006, 08:23:46 AM »
lee haney was over-rated and looked like shit..he had the worst legs,arms and delts of all time..i still don't believe that a pile of poop like lee won the olympia 8 times during the 1980's when the quality of competitors were the best..how this body won the olympia 8 times.even though mr olympia 1990 was a drug tested one he looked the worst of them all...
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: LEE HANEY was given the most gifts in bodybuilding history..
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 08:24:19 AM »
i agree.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 08:29:35 AM »
that's from the 90 olympia where they "tested" the guys.  If Haney ever lost a show it was that one, Labrada, Ray and Christian all beat him on that day.  I think he lost the 89 O to Labrada as well, there was a shot in the Flex coverage of that show with Labrada straight on facing the camera in the "relaxed" pose that was incredible, great, great abs...one of the best shots I've ever seen.

That being said I don't know if the clip in this thread is really a good representation of what Haney was.  Look for clips of him from the 84-88 olympias and the 91 show.  That was prime Haney, especially 84 and 85.  He was gigantic for the time and hard as a rock with that itsy bitsy waist.

he was given gifts...don't know if he got more than anyone else but he was given gifts and yes his legs sucked, his arms were not that good but his delts-when he was at his best were very good.
nasser=piece of shit

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 08:30:54 AM »
he won Olympias based solely on having a big back and a small waist, that's it.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 08:31:30 AM »
What's incredible is how little the gifts are acknowledged.

One of the all-time worst MMs, along with Yates:

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 08:32:33 AM »
That was the only steroid tested Mr Olympia contest in history , he was down in size obviously , who know if he was truely off but he was smaller than usual , this is one of those contests that Labrada could have won but its a big mans game

To say Haney was overrated is just plain ignorance , he was the clear winner in 84/85/86/87/88/89/91 it could have went to Labrada in 89/90 but his two main rivals were Gaspari & Christian and neither made any inroads on beating him the only realy threat was Yates in 91 , although in my personal opinion Labrada was the better man in 1990.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 08:34:19 AM »
What's incredible is how little the gifts are acknowledged.

One of the all-time worst MMs, along with Yates:

Again with the gifts  ::) how you can say one bodybuilding recieved gifts and Coleman never did is beyond rational thought , your hypocrisy is laughable.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 08:39:22 AM »
That was the only steroid tested Mr Olympia contest in history , he was down in size obviously , who know if he was truely off but he was smaller than usual , this is one of those contests that Labrada could have won but its a big mans game

To say Haney was overrated is just plain ignorance , he was the clear winner in 84/85/86/87/88/89/91 it could have went to Labrada in 89/90 but his two main rivals were Gaspari & Christian and neither made any inroads on beating him the only realy threat was Yates in 91 , although in my personal opinion Labrada was the better man in 1990.

I actually bet a guy 20 bucks that Labrada would beat Haney in 90.  I just didn't see labrada's body suffering as much as everyone else's due to the "testing".  That olympia was horrible if you ask me.  I still say labrada beat haney in 89 and Haney was no better than 4th in 90.
nasser=piece of shit

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 08:40:38 AM »
Again with the gifts   how you can say one bodybuilding recieved gifts and Coleman never did is beyond rational thought , your hypocrisy is laughable.
Unlike you, I've never denied it you idiot; evidentally I'm not alone in the sentiment while you cointinue on with your denial. For the first time it's unavoidable. ;D  Haney's gifts were by far the most glaring along with Yates, due to the overt flaws and imbalances.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 08:43:22 AM »
I actually bet a guy 20 bucks that Labrada would beat Haney in 90.  I just didn't see labrada's body suffering as much as everyone else's due to the "testing".  That olympia was horrible if you ask me.  I still say labrada beat haney in 89 and Haney was no better than 4th in 90.

89/90 it could have went to Labrada , but he was a lot lighter than Haney and size is part of the requirement for bodybuilding.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 08:44:16 AM »
89/90 it could have went to Labrada , but he was a lot lighter than Haney and size is part of the requirement for bodybuilding.
More excuses-can never actually admit it. A great torso overpowered weak legs & arms.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 08:46:46 AM »
Unlike you, I've never denied it you idiot; evidentally I'm not alone in the sentiment while you cointinue on with your denial. For the first time it's unavoidable. ;D  Haney's gifts were by far the most glaring along with Yates, due to the overt flaws and imbalances.

This implies that Coleman doesn't have overt flaws or serious imbalanc issues , which is nonsense , so if you want to claim that Yates & Haney should have never won in spite of these then Coleman should have never won any either , hell even at his best 1998 he just barely won against Flex , add in 01/02/04 and half of Colemans wins using your logic were gifts !

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 08:46:54 AM »

I'll actually disagree with you on this one.  I felt labrada was waaaaay superior to haney both those years.  Size and size alone should nto determine the winner of a show, especially the olympia.
nasser=piece of shit

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 08:49:13 AM »
, add in 01/02/04 and half of Colemans wins using your logic were gifts !
Slight detail you're missing, genius-they're not the same guy so you can't just transfer the logic between them. Coleman was just "slightly" better, arms only 5" bigger.  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 08:50:53 AM »
Slight detail you're missing, genius-they're not the same guy so you can't just transfer the logic between them. Coleman was just "slightly" better.  ;D

No Coleman was a cheap version of Haney , and he was never beaten by three blocky white guys  ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 08:52:11 AM »
No Coleman was a cheap version of Haney
Delusional, since they're in no way similar unless you're referring to skin color.  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 08:57:16 AM »
Delusional, since they're in no way similar unless you're referring to skin color.  ::)

No you're right Haney had mass & aesthetic and Coleman had mass and a few and a collection of parts without any asethetic flow what so ever.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 08:58:14 AM »
Yates was more aesthetic?  ;D

Haney was aesthetic but also deeply flawed, except to Iron Agers.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 08:58:56 AM »
How can you disgrace this great champion? He made Shawn Ray look like his hand puppet! Haney was a true champion the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger. To say he didn't deserve to win is blasphemy!
just push some weight!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 09:00:04 AM »
Yates was more aesthetic?  ;D

Haney was aesthetic but also deeply flawed, except to Iron Agers.

Yates didn't have to be aesthetic to beat those who were , and no one is claiming Yates was , just like no one is claiming Haney wasn't flawed but despite their flaws both were leaps & bounds better than Coleman .

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 09:00:42 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can you disgrace this great champion? He made Shawn Ray look like his hand puppet! Haney was a true champion the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger. To say he didn't deserve to win is blasphemy!
Alexxx in love, once again revealing his lack of depth.

Those pics are better but Haney's arm & leg deficiencies and imbalances were always there, masked only by favorable poses that hide the weaknesses.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 09:07:32 AM »
Alexxx in love, once again revealing his lack of depth.

Those pics are better but Haney's arm & leg deficiencies and imbalances were always there, masked only by favorable poses that hide the weaknesses.

Again Ronnie has severe balance issues , yet they go unnoticed by you , every one is flawed to some degree but what matters is who looks the best in the mandatory poses , who could match Haney in the side chest? the front latspread , etc? not many of his contemporaries .

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 09:36:49 AM »

dude there were not only lee labrada,gaspari and mike christian but there were also bertil fox and brian buchnan..come on man brian had the perfect aesthetics and size at the same time and bertil fox at that time considered a mass freak and he arguablly had the biggest arms and one of the best chests ever..his main weakness was his back.also sammir bannout was also one hell of an awesome bodybuilder..i think he should have taken the olympia atleast 2 or 3 more times..i think so alot deserving guys where robbed big time at the olympia.if you don't believe me go and watch that OLD SCHOOL TRAINING VIDEOand you'll see for yourself who looked like a mr olympia and who did not.again lee haney looked the worse of them all..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 09:48:20 AM »
dude there were not only lee labrada,gaspari and mike christian but there were also bertil fox and brian buchnan..come on man brian had the perfect aesthetics and size at the same time and bertil fox at that time considered a mass freak and he arguablly had the biggest arms and one of the best chests ever..his main weakness was his back.also sammir bannout was also one hell of an awesome bodybuilder..i think he should have taken the olympia atleast 2 or 3 more times..i think so alot deserving guys where robbed big time at the olympia.if you don't believe me go and watch that OLD SCHOOL TRAINING VIDEOand you'll see for yourself who looked like a mr olympia and who did not.again lee haney looked the worse of them all..

Brian had a great upper body but his lower body wasn't , and he competed at 210lbs , Haney made him look small , Bertil was 210lbs in competition weight and it doesn't matter how massive his parts were it matter how they looked in the mandatory poses , Bertil had great pecs , delts and arms , did his side chest look as good as Haney's? nope , how about his latspreads? nope

Samir was a great bodybuilder and as much as I liked him he was off in 84 and deserved to lose , and his problem after that was he tried to come in bigger & bigger and that conditioning that seperated him from the rest in 83 suffered

Haney wasn't perfect but he was better than most of the gusy you mentioned.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »
Yates didn't have to be aesthetic to beat those who were , and no one is claiming Yates was , just like no one is claiming Haney wasn't flawed but despite their flaws both were leaps & bounds better than Coleman .

you are claiming that Haney was "leaps and bounds" better than Ronnie?

what are you going to argue next?

Larry Scott was the greatest Mr. Olympia of all time? ::)

We know you hate Ronnie, but to say Haney was better is retarded. Haney was great, but the sport has progressed since then.

Flower Boy Ran Away