Author Topic: Hurt my front deltoid from pull ups  (Read 7903 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
Hurt my front deltoid from pull ups
« on: October 22, 2006, 09:17:36 AM »
I fucked up my shoulder yesterday in the gym. Some guy decided to blast Eye of the Tiger from his ipod speakers while I was in the middle of pull ups. All I can say about that set is that the song motivated me a little too much and I overdid myself! LOL Hey, at least my back is sore today!

But what happened was on my 2nd rep, 1/4 of the way up I heard some kind of cracking sound in the front delt on my left followed by sharp pain. It hurt but I continued the set to absolute failure. Stupid me. Anyway, it's not very painful but I have a shoulder workout to do later and I'm a little nervous.
~

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Hurt my front deltoid from pull ups
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 03:22:53 PM »
don't aggrevate it more figgs! be careful and warm up really good. I kinda hurt myself yesterday on my first set of close grip presses and I racked the weight right away and worked around it completley. I didn't do any excersises that I felt any pain doing.
bodybuildersreality.com

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 04:29:43 PM »
don't aggrevate it more figgs! be careful and warm up really good. I kinda hurt myself yesterday on my first set of close grip presses and I racked the weight right away and worked around it completley. I didn't do any excersises that I felt any pain doing.

Very smart! Today is shoulders and I felt my shoulder's pain a bit while chinning at gym in school. So I decided to take the day off. I feel a bit overtrained anyway, so this rest day isn't at all a stress on the psyche.  :)
~

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 11:22:23 AM »
Very smart! Today is shoulders and I felt my shoulder's pain a bit while chinning at gym in school. So I decided to take the day off. I feel a bit overtrained anyway, so this rest day isn't at all a stress on the psyche.  :)
good call. there ya go.
bodybuildersreality.com

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:40:27 PM »
good call. there ya go.

Good shoulder day! My DB shoulder press increased 5 reps since the last time I did them!! No pain at all, in fact, I forgot about the injury until a minute ago!  ;D
~

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 11:19:58 AM »
Good shoulder day! My DB shoulder press increased 5 reps since the last time I did them!! No pain at all, in fact, I forgot about the injury until a minute ago!  ;D
good! i hope the same goes for me with my lowerback and chest.  just little "workthrough" pains but it still pisses me off.
bodybuildersreality.com

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 06:33:37 PM »
Yeah, man. Unfortunetely, injuries are just a normal part of weightlifting.

Good luck. Just be sure to stretch and warm up thoroughly, although I don't doubt you already do.
~