Author Topic: Steve Kuclo signs with Muscletech  (Read 21760 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Steve Kuclo signs with Muscletech
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2006, 09:42:06 AM »
And your entitled to your opinion and Im entitled to mine. Its a small world, one of my trainees sent me the an email today explaining who you are and what your about. For all the smacktalk you throw out there Shane, I guess I was expecting more respectability from a person who represents a supplement company. You go on and on about principles yet conduct yourself like this online as a rep for said supplement company?
Trop heres advanced notice of who you would be working with as far as theblockhead is concerned (who asked about you prepping him), he works for a supp company so I guess theres no hypocrisy in all this in his views toward Steve (sarcasm). Yea Shane, no problem, Im not that impressed with you either....

Dante go easy on blockhead he gets regularly beat by women in his leg workouts.
just push some weight!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2006, 09:45:19 AM »
monster running out to find a pic of Blockhead. He must have really gotten under your skin.

I have seen you two exchange in other posts and it seems you get special privileges from RON and or Hedgehog. Blockhead is either not allowed to access the thread or the thread gets deleted. There was a thread called "theGetbig's BB IMMATURE kids!" or something to that effect, The Blockhead was winning a debate with you and after several pages in, suddenly the thread disappeared. What gives? why run to Ron when Blockhead gets under your skin?

Getbig is a democratic board, no one gets special privileges or treatment here and there is no censorship of speech (most of the time). Unlike Mayhem members here are sick of the lies and bullsh*t coming out of the crooked bodybuilding industry. When nutritional companies, magazines and the athletes tell boldface lies to the public they need to be called on it. And getbig is the place where it happens. Real change only comes when the public is allowed to engage in an open uncensored discourse about tough issues and where all views are heard. Without that you have bullshit that just keeps growing and thats what Mayhem has become. Anyone with a dissenting view is deleted. What good for the industry can come of that? Not much I imagine. Perhaps Steve Kuclo will read the dissenting points of view here at getbig and maybe just maybe he will take more responsibility in what he does and says while promoting CellTech products.

word.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2006, 09:48:55 AM »
Come on over anytime.  There's more than just Steve and I there.  There is a good dozen or more national level guys, and a few national level women competitors.  There's always a big group of serious lifters around.  Great atmosphere.

I've got to get things going again, I just started a new blast and I re-evaluated the way I was doing some things so I changed things up a little and am using a little different rep range.  I'd like to see how things work out.  Last time I went as heavy as I could and kept the reps at around 12RP for most bodyparts this time I'm starting off a little lighter and going for the 15-18RP range.  My body was taking a beating and I wasn't really going the way I'd like form-wise.  I think this is gonna work out better for me in the long run but it's gonna be awhile before I start handling any crazy poundages.  
nasser=piece of shit

TorontoRaptorsFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2006, 10:43:24 AM »
That's true!  I pop in every now and then, but not every day and sometimes not even every week.  I'll probably go read over there now and see what's new.  If things have changed a little I might stick around.

Do you attend Lakehead U?

TorontoRaptorsFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2006, 10:45:10 AM »
In my book, that is called unhappines and poor planning which could also be construed as misery.

Its all relative. Isn`t it?   :)

Hey Adonis when are you going to get a job?

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2006, 10:47:45 AM »
Hey Adonis when are you going to get a job?

he works for nasa already. ;D ;D ;D ;D
nasser=piece of shit

TorontoRaptorsFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »
he works for nasa already. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Someone told me it was for NAMBLA!

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2006, 10:56:31 AM »
Good for him, to be recognized at this young age (relative to todays older age of bb's) is a great thing.  I hope he doesn't feel the need to try and fast forward his progress because he is now in the for front of the bodybuilding world.  Building legit quality muscles takes lots of time.  If he takes it slow I think he can have great success.

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2006, 10:59:31 AM »
monster running out to find a pic of Blockhead. He must have really gotten under your skin.

I have seen you two exchange in other posts and it seems you get special privileges from RON and or Hedgehog. Blockhead is either not allowed to access the thread or the thread gets deleted. There was a thread called "theGetbig's BB IMMATURE kids!" or something to that effect, The Blockhead was winning a debate with you and after several pages in, suddenly the thread disappeared. What gives? why run to Ron when Blockhead gets under your skin?

Getbig is a democratic board, no one gets special privileges or treatment here and there is no censorship of speech (most of the time). Unlike Mayhem, members here are sick of the lies and bullsh*t coming out of the crooked bodybuilding industry. When nutritional companies, magazines and the athletes tell boldface lies to the public they need to be called on it. And getbig is the place where it happens. Real change only comes when the public is allowed to engage in an open uncensored discourse about tough issues and where all views are heard. Without that you have bullshit that just keeps growing and thats what Mayhem has become. Anyone with a dissenting view is deleted. What good for the industry can come of that? Not much I imagine. Perhaps Steve Kuclo will read the dissenting points of view here at getbig and maybe just maybe he will take more responsibility in what he does and says while promoting CellTech products.

Winning the debate? I must of missed that one. If you haven't noticed I have less than 150 posts on this board in over 2 years. I just checked my stats and Im at a whopping .182 posts a day. I post and then dont read for days/sometimes weeks at a time. I kind of lose the flow of the daily back and forth grind of things here like you guys. I like your intricate psychoanalysis of everything though....you might just be thinking a little too hard about something (this board) and what it means to you vs what it means to me.  Ive contacted Ron to "Please take down a post" about a figure girl people were ranking on over here about 6 months back, which he did. My problem in this situation is a guy who is saying Steve Kuclo is a sellout, yet he himself works for a supplement company...I think thats pretty lame if you ask me.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2006, 11:10:58 AM »
Winning the debate? I must of missed that one. If you haven't noticed I have less than 150 posts on this board in over 2 years. I just checked my stats and Im at a whopping .182 posts a day. I post and then dont read for days/sometimes weeks at a time. I kind of lose the flow of the daily back and forth grind of things here like you guys. I like your intricate psychoanalysis of everything though....you might just be thinking a little too hard about something (this board) and what it means to you vs what it means to me.  Ive contacted Ron to "Please take down a post" about a figure girl people were ranking on over here about 6 months back, which he did. My problem in this situation is a guy who is saying Steve Kuclo is a sellout, yet he himself works for a supplement company...I think thats pretty lame if you ask me.

I don't understand how anybody can say he's a sellout.  If somebody came to me and said we want you to represent us and we'll pay you for it.  I'd do it in a minute.  You'd be a fool not to.  How's he selling out?  As far as I know TP doesn't really run any advertisements so it's not like he's gonna make a ton of money off of representing them.  I've been busting my ass to make ends  meet for years and would love the chance to do what he's doing.
nasser=piece of shit

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2006, 11:13:07 AM »
Does Steve's contract require him to use only muscletech supps? Or can he use whatever he wants for his own purposes?

Given the choice, I would rather pay for true protein than get muscletech for free, but that's just me...

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2006, 11:28:42 AM »
I don't know what most of you guys are smoking, but why on earth would you think Steve's Muscletech contract is paying him ANY MONEY? Muscletech has in the past paid top amateurs in the form of a monthly retail credit, good for ordering supplements directly through Muscletech. There's no reason to believe Steve's deal is any different. It's not like Weider or Vyotech was about to sign him. We've all seen time and time again, top teens burn out long before reaching the pro ranks.

On the other hand, no reason Steve would turn down the free exposure to raise his profile and bring visitors to his neatly-designed website http://www.stevekuclo.com. If he can pick up some more wins at bigger shows, he could probably pull some money out of Muscletech.

Special "Copies of Actual IFBB Pros' Muscletech Contracts Available on Request" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2006, 11:52:14 AM »
Well, calling him a sellout before seeing any of his ads is premature, that I concur. He should be given the benefit of the doubt. Lets hope his first ad is not a lie claiming a CellTech product is solely responsible for packing on 20lbs of lean muscle in 10 weeks. That would be a sellout no matter how you dice it.

Is it all relativism in bodybuilding today? If one guy did it and made money isn't it OK for me to get a piece of the action? If one guy gets implants for a competition whats wrong with me using a little synthol? If one Pro lied in hundreds of ads, hey whats wrong with me lying in just one ad?

I can appreciate the difficult position Steve Kuclo is in when they dangle money in front of his face, It must be very seductive. But maybe he should look around, I am sure there are other athletes out there that have made a living without being complicit in false advertising.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2006, 07:57:18 PM »
Someone told me it was for NAMBLA!
that's a bit of a stretch, he doesn't look like Marlon Brando at all :P
I min/max my physique

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2006, 08:13:35 PM »
i'm late to the game, but come on. that's every single product advertisement. bowflex won't make you look like the guy in the commercial, using xyience won't make you chuck liddell, and muscletech won't make you gustavo badell. running in nikes won't make you michael johnson, drinking gatorade won't make you michael jordon. that's just the nature of advertising and it's not even remotely unique to bodybuilding.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2006, 08:19:36 PM »
i'm late to the game, but come on. that's every single product advertisement. bowflex won't make you look like the guy in the commercial, using xyience won't make you chuck liddell, and muscletech won't make you gustavo badell. running in nikes won't make you michael johnson, drinking gatorade won't make you michael jordon. that's just the nature of advertising and it's not even remotely unique to bodybuilding.
I disagree. XYIENCE could absolutely make someone look like Chuck Lidell.

Special "Beer Belly Champion" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2006, 08:21:19 PM »
I very rarely spend too much time reading the mag ads. tonight i did.  And I was disappointed.  They'll have 4 of the top 25 guys in the world saying this product helped them gain 10 or 20 pounds in one year... when you know they just signed, and you know they came in lighter at the NY Pro this year.  I mean, at least do some research and corroborate the silly claims with something good the guy did that year.  It saddens me that some kid will read this mag and honestly believe a 32-year old pro Bber was able to add 20 pounds of pure muscle by switching from brand X to brand Y protein.  At least be honest and promise some modest claims, and we might actually read the ad.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2006, 08:38:46 PM »
Muscletech ads are some of the most entertaining to read though, they're right up there with Fizogen (whose products include an ingredient blend called "Rage Erupt") ;D
I min/max my physique

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2006, 09:56:59 AM »
I very rarely spend too much time reading the mag ads. tonight i did.  And I was disappointed.  They'll have 4 of the top 25 guys in the world saying this product helped them gain 10 or 20 pounds in one year... when you know they just signed, and you know they came in lighter at the NY Pro this year.  I mean, at least do some research and corroborate the silly claims with something good the guy did that year.  It saddens me that some kid will read this mag and honestly believe a 32-year old pro Bber was able to add 20 pounds of pure muscle by switching from brand X to brand Y protein.  At least be honest and promise some modest claims, and we might actually read the ad.

Hey.....if they want me to lie about their shitty product & give me a monthly check for it.....

I would do it too.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2006, 10:00:39 AM »
I very rarely spend too much time reading the mag ads. tonight i did.  And I was disappointed.  They'll have 4 of the top 25 guys in the world saying this product helped them gain 10 or 20 pounds in one year... when you know they just signed, and you know they came in lighter at the NY Pro this year.  I mean, at least do some research and corroborate the silly claims with something good the guy did that year.  It saddens me that some kid will read this mag and honestly believe a 32-year old pro Bber was able to add 20 pounds of pure muscle by switching from brand X to brand Y protein.  At least be honest and promise some modest claims, and we might actually read the ad.

well let me ask you something. how do you expect them to endorse any products, and do you think this is any different from any celebrity endorsements? it's like getting mad at a TAG commercial because you sprayed yourself and women didn't knock down your door and start humping you.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2006, 10:18:44 AM »
well let me ask you something. how do you expect them to endorse any products, and do you think this is any different from any celebrity endorsements? it's like getting mad at a TAG commercial because you sprayed yourself and women didn't knock down your door and start humping you.
That doesn't happen to you guys? Shit that must suck ;D
I min/max my physique

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2006, 11:04:38 AM »

Not really, advertisers are allowed to use analogy and parody as long as it is reasonably obvious to the viewer/reader that it is not reality. But MuscleTech is pushing the boundries in manipulating copy to make the consumer believe the products can put on permanent muscle mass alone. Their copy writers are very clever, I don't think the average 16 or 17 year old will be savy enough to catch their word play.  They use words like "synergistic" and "deliver" instead of the usual "help" or "promote".

Below are some product descriptions off their website. I think they are highly misleading.

Anator-p70 is clinically proven and so devastatingly powerful it literally turns on your DNA for muscle growth

GAKIC is the biggest bodybuilding breakthrough ever! GAKIC is a patented pre-workout musclebuilding supplement that is unlike anything you've ever seen or tried before! Bottom line: You'll train harder, train longer, and get bigger.

LEUKIC is designed to work synergistically to bring permanent gains in high-quality, dense muscle
In one 6-week study (on previously trained males) that included diet and weight training, Nitro-Tech subjects gained an average of 8.8 pounds of lean mass!

The ingredients in Hydroxycut Hardcore have been clinically proven to decrease bodyfat by 7.9 percent and increase norepinephrine (NE), the body's key fat-burning hormone, by up to 40 percent!

Hydroxycut Hardcore ®, LEUKIC ™, and Hydrazide ™ to create the ultimate body-recomposition stack. These supplements work together to deliver a dry, shredded physique bursting with permanent, dense muscle!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2006, 11:10:53 AM »
Excellent post, nycbull... There is a difference between advertising, and pathological lying... Guess which Muscletech is doing!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2006, 04:32:24 PM »
When I started working out at a body weight of 135, I read that Kovacs gained 23 pounds of lean mass from using the cell-tech and nitro-tech stack.  This was six years ago and I was 18 and had no idea about anything bodybuilding.  So I spent the money buying the stack and...put on 23 pounds.  But I would think that I would have gained a good deal of that just by eating and working out alone.  But it was those initial gains that led me to believe that muscletech was a godsend.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2006, 04:34:01 PM »
When I started working out at a body weight of 135, I read that Kovacs gained 23 pounds of lean mass from using the cell-tech and nitro-tech stack.  This was six years ago and I was 18 and had no idea about anything bodybuilding.  So I spent the money buying the stack and...put on 23 pounds.  But I would think that I would have gained a good deal of that just by eating and working out alone.  But it was those initial gains that led me to believe that muscletech was a godsend.

wheres a day1?