Author Topic: Athiests are more noble than god believing folks...cause...  (Read 14622 times)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Re: Athiests are more noble than god believing folks...cause...
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2006, 02:51:57 PM »

whats apostasy??

you dont go to heaven for killing non believers..lmao....stop listening to these dumb fucks..and read the damn book and see for yourselves..

Apostasy, is killing people that switch religions. This happens to be law in Saudi Arabia, and some other Middle East countries as well as Afghanistan and some tribal areas in Pakistan.

On a side note why are Muslim men encouraged to show of their bodies in sports like body building, but women can get stoned to death if they leave their house without a family member. :-\
Z

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2006, 09:21:38 PM »
a stupid poster. Loco

DF,
May the Lord bless and prosper you and your family!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2006, 10:03:20 PM »
classic.

Saying i think the  "none of it" is gods words is an big point in this debate.  And putting words in a person's mouth and crtitisizing him for those words is a pathetic tactic and then replying with insults for calling you it is even more classic.  lol

Can't even admit a mistake can you oh righteous one?  I suppose you feel you are "justified by faith?"  lol

Oh the righteous............... ..  lol

I suppose you'll follow it up woth another statement laced with pity.   THUMP  THUMP

My mistake.  I admit it.  I didn't know that you believing that none of the Bible is God's word was a big part of the debate.  But now that you have pointed that out, I apologize for thinking that you believe that none of the Bible is God's word.  I simply misunderstood all of your previous posts regarding God's word:

You don't need a book of stories, wisdom and contradictions to prove god exsists.

Well i would think if this is the all mighty word of GOD he could write it in such a way that "contracdictions or suspected contradictions don't exsist"  Perhaps he was sleeping in writing class when he was a junior Heaven High School.

Also there is accurate history in the BIble.  Doesn't means it's the word of god.

That's why OT predictions and NT writings are moot.  They are not proof of anything.

I just don't believe in organized religion and the BIBle and Koran is a BIg part of organized religion.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2006, 05:06:55 AM »
Do you have trouble reading also?  It's shit like this, twisting of words, or lack of reading ability, that's common among the overly righteous.

Ozmo,
you of all people should not be accusing anyone of having a lack of reading ability.  You of all people should not be accusing anyone of twisting of words.  You yourself have shown a lack of reading ability before, and you have twisted God's words.  This, pointing out other people's faults before looking at your own, makes you "overly righteous".

Only god is supposed to talk about the heaven!

Jeremiah 10:2
    Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

;D ;D :o ??? :P

If you read the versus before that in Acts you'll sdee they are describing his death.
Then why didn't you include the verse before?
Verse 17 says:  "he was one of our number and shared in this ministry." 
Where does it say how Judas died?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2006, 05:23:28 AM »
oh righteous one? 
Oh the righteous............... ..  lol
THUMP  THUMP

Ozmo,
I'm not righteous.  Why do you say that I am rightous, self rightous, or overly rightous? I have never said that I am rightous.  I am a sinner and I make mistakes all the time.  Actually, I've been posting that I am not rightous, that nobody is.

Romans 3:10
As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;"

Romans 3:23
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

You on the other hand:

Are people Perfect?  As far as GOD's creation i believe they are.  It's all the "sins" in the bible that were written by men that make them unperfect.    Take that out of the equation and you have mostly good natured, friendly, loving people.  It's the long list of bull shit sins that's make it impossible not to sin.  And then set the stage for guilt driven control.

Are there perfect christiains?  YES!  Perfect in the sense of following the 10 commandments. 

I respect your beliefs on the above, but you have no reason to get angry and call me self-righteous for disagreeing with you.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2006, 11:50:37 AM »

Are people Perfect?  As far as GOD's creation i believe they are.  It's all the "sins" in the bible that were written by men that make them unperfect.    Take that out of the equation and you have mostly good natured, friendly, loving people.  It's the long list of bull shit sins that's make it impossible not to sin.  And then set the stage for guilt driven control.

What "long list of bull shit sins" are you talking about OzmO?
R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »

Apostasy, is killing people that switch religions. This happens to be law in Saudi Arabia, and some other Middle East countries as well as Afghanistan and some tribal areas in Pakistan.
i ws brought up in a muslim household..i dont think its the law in saudi..but it might be in afghan....i ws never taught that and i grew up in a muslim household mate..now if some insecure girl wants to commit such crimes shoulder the burdeon on islam..i cant help that...

On a side note why are Muslim men encouraged to show of their bodies in sports like body building, but women can get stoned to death if they leave their house without a family member. :-\

the koran mentions bodybuilding!   awesome!   apparently you've never been to a beach in dubai..plenty of muslim walking around half naked..i dont se no stones getting thrown....plenty of eastern block  muslims also...they go to clubs..drink...weap bikinis..meh..you r mistaking culture with religion sometimes..

PS  technically..both women and men are supposed to cover up..its the same in juadiasm <sp?>...and aren't girls and boys seperated in catholic schools?
carpe` vaginum!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2006, 07:38:21 PM »
My mistake.  I admit it.  I didn't know that you believing that none of the Bible is God's word was a big part of the debate.  But now that you have pointed that out, I apologize for thinking that you believe that none of the Bible is God's word.  I simply misunderstood all of your previous posts regarding God's word:

Apology accepted. 

None of the other quotes directly say i think the bible has "no word of God in it"

The reason i called you self righteous was based on what i precieved as you twisting my words.  So i apologize becuase the in reality i don;t know you well enought to accuse of something like that.

Again i apologize.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2006, 07:43:54 PM »
What "long list of bull shit sins" are you talking about OzmO?

Let's start with anything outside the ten commandments.  Certainly not everyone of them but one's like:

Homosexuality:  It's not a choice other than to act on physical and emotional needs.

Being attracted to a another woman while married:  Can't help noticing a beautiful woman, but Jesus says, and i may be wrong, it's a sin to even think it.  To me the sin is to CHOOSE to act on it, not to think it.  Thiniking it is just being human.

Women being being submissive to their husbands.

Moses law:  I don;t have time tonite to start getting into that one.

That should get us started  ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2006, 04:29:13 AM »
Apology accepted. 

None of the other quotes directly say i think the bible has "no word of God in it"

The reason i called you self righteous was based on what i precieved as you twisting my words.  So i apologize becuase the in reality i don;t know you well enought to accuse of something like that.

Again i apologize.

Apology accepted.  Now, let's continue our debate.   ;D

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2006, 06:52:25 AM »
i ws brought up in a muslim household..i dont think its the law in saudi..but it might be in afghan....i ws never taught that and i grew up in a muslim household mate..now if some insecure pussy wants to commit such crimes shoulder the burdeon on islam..i cant help that...

the koran mentions bodybuilding!   awesome!   apparently you've never been to a beach in dubai..plenty of muslim walking around half naked..i dont se no stones getting thrown....plenty of eastern block  muslims also...they go to clubs..drink...weap bikinis..meh..you r mistaking culture with religion sometimes..

PS  technically..both women and men are supposed to cover up..its the same in juadiasm <sp?>...and aren't girls and boys seperated in catholic schools?

No, I am talking about different sects of Muslim, I have the same intolerance for Christian groups that put religion ahead of human rights.
It is just easier to pick apart a whole nation that follows that same ideology. I.E. Whabism in Saudi Arabia.
For fun dispute this info about Apostasy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam
Z

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2006, 07:35:30 AM »
Let's start with anything outside the ten commandments.  Certainly not everyone of them but one's like:

Homosexuality:  It's not a choice other than to act on physical and emotional needs.

Being attracted to a another woman while married:  Can't help noticing a beautiful woman, but Jesus says, and i may be wrong, it's a sin to even think it.  To me the sin is to CHOOSE to act on it, not to think it.  Thiniking it is just being human.

Women being being submissive to their husbands.

Moses law:  I don;t have time tonite to start getting into that one.

That should get us started  ;D

Homosexuality is absolutely a choice.  Ask Angelina Jolie and Anne Hesch.  No science to prove otherwise. 

Being attracted to another woman is not a sin.  Fantasizing about sex with another woman who isn't your wife is.  That is something you have complete control over. 

Wives submitting to their husbands and husbands respecting and loving their wives as Christ loved the church.  Not exactly PC, but that's the Biblical model.  Not a problem at all if the husband lives up to his role.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2006, 10:13:09 AM »
i deserve a fackin standing ovation...

i'm mostly good...

PS...i mostly never get laid cause of it >:(

ToxicAvenger,
I do agree with you that you are more noble and good if you are self motivated to do good expecting no reward and without fear of hell.  Christians are not motivated to do good out of fear of hell either.  Like you, Christians do good without expecting a reward in exchange.  However, Christians are motivated by the love of Jesus Christ and you are not.  So that makes you more noble and good.  It really does.  Now, all you need is faith in Jesus Christ and you'll have forgiveness and eternal life too.

Now, I have some questions:

"mostly never getting laid" is your definition of being good, or doing good? 

Below I have listed only three of the many Christians who have selflessly given their life and made contributions to humanity.  Keep in mind that these men and women did all of this expecting no reward, and they got none.  They were not motivated by fear of hell.  They were motivated by nothing less than Jesus Christ's love in their hearts. 

Can you name one atheist who has done anything like this, one whose life comes even close to the life of these Christians?

Charlotte Digges "Lottie" Moon (1840-1912) was a Southern Baptist missionary to China who spent 40 years helping the Chinese. She weighed only 50 lbs at her death, having given away all she had to aid the starving Chinese.  She was formally educated with undergraduate and masters degrees in education.  She spoke numerous languages: Latin, Greek, French, Italian and Spanish; and, while in China, she rapidly learned fluent Chinese. She was also fluent in reading Hebrew.

George Müller (September 27, 1805 – March 10, 1898), a Christian evangelist and coordinator of orphanages in Bristol, England, cared for a total of over 100,000 orphans in his life. He was well-known for his constant faith in God and for providing an education to the children under his care, to the point where he was accused of raising the poor above their natural station in life.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer (February 4, 1906 – April 9, 1945) was a German Lutheran pastor, theologian and participant in the German resistance movement against Nazism. He was involved in plots planned by members of the Abwehr (the German Military Intelligence Office) to assassinate Adolf Hitler.  During World War II, Bonhoeffer played a key leadership role in the Confessing Church, which opposed the anti-semitic policies of Adolf Hitler. He was among those who called for wider church resistance to Hitler's treatment of the Jews.  He was arrested in April 1943 after money used to help Jews escape to Switzerland was traced to him.  He was arrested, imprisoned and eventually hanged, just before the end of the Second World War in Europe.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2006, 12:34:33 PM »
Dalai Lama

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2006, 01:24:03 PM »
Dalai Lama

What?  A Buddhist Monk?  What about him?  Educate me.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2006, 09:44:30 PM »
No, I am talking about different sects of Muslim, I have the same intolerance for Christian groups that put religion ahead of human rights.
It is just easier to pick apart a whole nation that follows that same ideology. I.E. Whabism in Saudi Arabia.
For fun dispute this info about Apostasy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

thanx man but i'm just not interested all that much in god..no matter what religion to read that....
carpe` vaginum!

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2006, 11:05:13 PM »
Homosexuality is absolutely a choice.  Ask Angelina Jolie and Anne Hesch.  No science to prove otherwise. 

Being attracted to another woman is not a sin.  Fantasizing about sex with another woman who isn't your wife is.  That is something you have complete control over. 

Wives submitting to their husbands and husbands respecting and loving their wives as Christ loved the church.  Not exactly PC, but that's the Biblical model.  Not a problem at all if the husband lives up to his role.

;D
W

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2006, 10:56:37 AM »

Amen   ;D

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2006, 12:31:21 PM »
God desires a relationship with us.  Sin seperates us from that relationship.  Jesus died to restore that relationship.  The focus of the reward of "heaven" should not and is not on material things but on having a perfect relationship with our Creator......being in His presence (which it is impossible to be in his presence with sin).  That being said, the "reward" of having a relationship with God is even beneficial in this life. 

I think your idea of heaven is skewed.......also on judging christians......let a lone what motivates them, but I could be wrong.  Wouldnt be the first time. 

Thats why I dont judge people or compare them from one to another.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »

Is not liking or liking  Chocolate a choice?   ;)

Do you remember exactly what Jesus said on the matter, word for word?

I would think saying something to the effect that a marraige is a partnership would have been better and cuased far fewer problems.  But in the alleged perfection of what's suspected as GOD's direct words through PAul, it seems very imperfect and the cause of many problems.  Also the verses are very related to the social situation of man and women relationships of those times.  Wouldn't the word of GOD be eternal in both wisdom and time?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2006, 11:39:45 PM »
Is not liking or liking  Chocolate a choice?   ;)

Do you remember exactly what Jesus said on the matter, word for word?

I would think saying something to the effect that a marraige is a partnership would have been better and cuased far fewer problems.  But in the alleged perfection of what's suspected as GOD's direct words through PAul, it seems very imperfect and the cause of many problems.  Also the verses are very related to the social situation of man and women relationships of those times.  Wouldn't the word of GOD be eternal in both wisdom and time?

For me, loving chocolate is not a choice.  But whether I eat it or not is entirely my choice.  That's how temptation works.  Temptations come in areas in which we are weak, and everyone has their weaknesses.  For some, it's homosexuality.  But how do you explain people like Jolie and Hesch? 

Yes I remember Jesus' exact words:  "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."  Matt 5:28.  That is entirely consistent with what I previously said:  big difference between attraction/admiration and sexual fantasies. 

Marriage is absolutely a partnership.  But as is the case in most partnerships, the partners have different roles.  I am a partner in my business, but my partners and I have different roles when it comes to running the business.  We also have a managing partner (who is very good). 

I went through a seminar a few months ago called "The Quest for Authentic Manhood."  Powerful.  Talked a lot about the very different roles of husbands and wives, fathers and mothers.  One of the mistakes people make when talking about, or even trying to follow the Biblical model is making women second class citizens.  I disagree with that approach.   

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2006, 12:41:32 AM »
For me, loving chocolate is not a choice.  But whether I eat it or not is entirely my choice.  That's how temptation works.  Temptations come in areas in which we are weak, and everyone has their weaknesses.  For some, it's homosexuality.  But how do you explain people like Jolie and Hesch? 

Yes I remember Jesus' exact words:  "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."  Matt 5:28.  That is entirely consistent with what I previously said:  big difference between attraction/admiration and sexual fantasies. 

Marriage is absolutely a partnership.  But as is the case in most partnerships, the partners have different roles.  I am a partner in my business, but my partners and I have different roles when it comes to running the business.  We also have a managing partner (who is very good). 

I went through a seminar a few months ago called "The Quest for Authentic Manhood."  Powerful.  Talked a lot about the very different roles of husbands and wives, fathers and mothers.  One of the mistakes people make when talking about, or even trying to follow the Biblical model is making women second class citizens.  I disagree with that approach.   

well said beach 
 ;)
W

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2006, 10:47:31 PM »
\, I have the same intolerance for Christian groups that put religion ahead of human rights.
\

mate  TRUE christanity is  ALL FOR human rights...just like ISLAM and the JEWISH faith...

read the gawd damn koran ..its $9.95 for fucks sake..

its islam is so bad dontcha wanna actually see if everyone is actually right..but picking up and reading the VERY book everyone keeps trashing? :-\

go read the koran..when u come back..i'll accept your aology..

cause i'm cool like that!
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2006, 10:49:06 PM »
ToxicAvenger,
I..
u never asked a question mate..u just mentioned some great and noble people...
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2006, 10:50:41 PM »
God desires a relationship with us.  Sin seperates us from that relationship.  Jesus died to restore that relationship.  The focus of the reward of "heaven" should not and is not on material things but on having a perfect relationship with our Creator......being in His presence (which it is impossible to be in his presence with sin).  That being said, the "reward" of having a relationship with God is even beneficial in this life. 

I think your idea of heaven is skewed.......also on judging christians......let a lone what motivates them, but I could be wrong.  Wouldnt be the first time. 

Thats why I dont judge people or compare them from one to another.

yanno whats ironic...post 911

you sound like a muslim...

sans jesus ws god..
carpe` vaginum!