Author Topic: Why can the crackhead Micheal Irvin Make racial comments and get away with it?  (Read 45827 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why can the crackhead Micheal Irvin Make racial comments and get away with i
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2006, 08:47:28 AM »
You have no idea what a major douche you really are, if you only knew...........

Sorry jaejonna, but you asked for it.
The House that Ruth built

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Why can the crackhead Micheal Irvin Make racial comments and get away with i
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2006, 09:22:27 AM »
Intelligent & well-spoken has *nothing* to do with character. Tiki's character sux and everyone knows it. What he said on more than one occasion shouldn't have gone beyond closed doors. Proves that he's a worm, not a team player. At least Irvin keeps it real, is not a phony.

I agree that Tiki Barber's comments are a bad reflection on him but I wonder if it's not a symptom of something larger than simply his character. These star players are typically coddled their whole lives and usually they're never forced to be held accountable for their actions. I think it's the special individual that is treated that way and doesn't allow it to effect his personality, especially when they subject to such treatment during their formative years.

Recent actions by Marvin Harrison made question this even more. I always thought of him as quiet and professional. His recent hissy fit was a surprise to me.

I'm not excusing anyone actions but I wonder if any of us lived the same lives as some of these players if we would act any differently than they do. I like to think I would but who knows what my mindset would be if I were coddled from the age of 16 and never forced to be accountable for my actions. This might be more of a societal issue than an individual issue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Wasn't referring to that comment.

What a revelation; if the team goes down the tubes, firing the coach is no mystery, based on performance, not whether his style is acceptable. What you clearly don't comprehend is that the problems here in NY go beyond Coughlin; similar probs and collapse with the same players happened under the preceeding coach. If Coughlin goes, so eventually will some of these problem players.

What you don't seem to comprehend is that essentially the same team has performed/collapsed on 2 coaches now, Coughlin and Fassell; blaming it all on Coughlin is purely amateur hour. ;D

There is no lack of comprehension.  There is a difference of opinion.  I would hate playing for Coughlin, just like many of his players.  It's no secret his players hate him.  He needs to coach at the college level.   

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2006, 09:33:36 AM »
well, that's a pretty benign joke that i as a white white white boy find amusing.

word up.

Only a racist would make a post calling Irvin racist.

its about as silly as when people say why can't there be a WET(white entertainment television) channel since there is a BET.

Then they claim, 'but i'm not a racist....'  yeah right.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
There is no lack of comprehension.  There is a difference of opinion.  I would hate playing for Coughlin, just like many of his players.  It's no secret his players hate him.  He needs to coach at the college level.   

He's changed his approach, with this team, moderated the strictness. Said that himself.

Any pressure on him's based on performance. No one's had any recent problems with him on a personal basis, nor does he come across as anything other than unreasonable in interviews. He takes the high road regarding performance of players, unlike some of the dumb players he has.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
From what i've read, he's changed his approach with this team. He said that himself.

That's a good start.  Discipline is a good thing, but doing things like fining players for not arriving at least 5 minutes EARLY for a meeting is a little over the top IMO.  There are lots of coaches who have well disciplined teams without using draconian tactics, e.g., Dungy, Belichick, Cowher, etc.