Author Topic: To make muscles grow  (Read 5826 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: To make muscles grow
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2006, 08:21:43 AM »
It lasts as long as an orgasm. How can that be a good cardio workout?

haha i wouldnt mind a 30 minute orgasm.

its the rush factor employed that allows no rest between movements and allows no time to really catch breath.
All sets done to positive failure (which is hard enough on respiratory system [in a good way]), and moving straight from one bodypart to the next (arthur jones also employed a pre-exhaust wen carying out this system). It is not only lifting weighhts and working individual muscles that is hard, but the continual work that is always being done that means the hole body (and respiratory system) has a more cardio type workout.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2006, 08:36:25 AM »
haha i wouldnt mind a 30 minute orgasm.

its the rush factor employed that allows no rest between movements and allows no time to really catch breath.
All sets done to positive failure (which is hard enough on respiratory system [in a good way]), and moving straight from one bodypart to the next (arthur jones also employed a pre-exhaust wen carying out this system). It is not only lifting weighhts and working individual muscles that is hard, but the continual work that is always being done that means the hole body (and respiratory system) has a more cardio type workout.

davie

That sounds interesting but I don't know about training so infrequently. DC emphasises weights with good form above all else and you train every bodypart twice every 8 days.

I am reading this old book "Nautilus advanced bodybuilding book" and like a lot of what I read. Plus there are some cool Sergio pictures I have never seen before. I will scan them.
just push some weight!

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2006, 08:42:44 AM »
most people have simple patterns of weightlifting and expect to either periodize there muscle gains or just simply be able to lift bigger weight from month to month

it is instictive to try heavier poundage and add in an extra set or the reverse, taking a day off or a lay off, and i think we have all tried either way

i challenge you all to quadruple you volume or sets per bodypart.. if you are used to doing 20 sets try 60 and i garantee you will see a difference, it requires alot more effort. but it is your mind that controls when to give up after 20 sets!

Every time you think you have seen the most ignorant post ever, another one comes along to top it.  I hope nobody listens to you or they will have tendonitis, negative gains and burn out and most likely quit lifting.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2006, 09:36:59 AM »
That sounds interesting but I don't know about training so infrequently. DC emphasises weights with good form above all else and you train every bodypart twice every 8 days.

I am reading this old book "Nautilus advanced bodybuilding book" and like a lot of what I read. Plus there are some cool Sergio pictures I have never seen before. I will scan them.

I couldnt say for certain,k but theres a chance that arthur jones might have had sonmething to do with that book as i think he worked for nautilus, and certainly he used there equipment with sergio and casey etc etc.

ALthough alot of HIT styles call for body parts to be worked once a week, arthur jones workouts have u do 3 full body routines dopne in the style i posted above. positive failure (cant complete another rep in ur own-i know u know this alexx, but others may not), which is demanding then straight to next exercise with no rest except walking to machine/bench etc. Everything pre-exhausted aswell.

davie

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2006, 11:30:54 AM »
I couldnt say for certain,k but theres a chance that arthur jones might have had sonmething to do with that book as i think he worked for nautilus, and certainly he used there equipment with sergio and casey etc etc.

ALthough alot of HIT styles call for body parts to be worked once a week, arthur jones workouts have u do 3 full body routines dopne in the style i posted above. positive failure (cant complete another rep in ur own-i know u know this alexx, but others may not), which is demanding then straight to next exercise with no rest except walking to machine/bench etc. Everything pre-exhausted aswell.

davie

Yeah Arthur is in it. He is training Mike Mentzer some really cool stuff so far. Also Boyer Coe is the main guy trained in this book.
just push some weight!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2006, 12:18:26 PM »
i do the same intensity as hit training, but in workouts that are usually around 12-20 sets.     

High Intensity Training (HIT) is the opposite of High Volume Training.  Doing some 20 sets of some 15 reps or so is high volume training and not high intensity training.  It's like the difference between running a marathon and sprinting.  Sprinting would be high intensity and a marathon would be high volume.  You can't say that you ran a marathon and that you were sprinting the whole time.  If you sprint, run as fast as you possibly can, you won't last one minute.  In the same way, if you train HIT style, you can't last 20 sets.  They are opposites.  Arnold's training was high volume, while Metzer's training was high intensity.  Pick one, you can't mix them up.  If you mix them up, then you are neither training High Volume nor High Intensity.  I believe that's what most people do, a mix.  I have a lot of respect for those who train true HIT style.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2006, 12:22:22 PM »
High Intensity Training (HIT) is the opposite of High Volume Training.  Doing some 20 sets of some 15 reps or so is high volume training and not high intensity training.  It's like the difference between running a marathon and sprinting.  Sprinting would be high intensity and a marathon would be high volume.  You can't say that you ran a marathon and that you were sprinting the whole time.  If you sprint, run as fast as you possibly can, you won't last one minute.  In the same way, if you train HIT style, you can't last 20 sets.  They are opposites.  Arnold's training was high volume, while Metzer's training was high intensity.  Pick one, you can't mix them up.  If you mix them up, then you are neither training High Volume nor High Intensity.  I believe that's that most people do, a mix.  I have a lot of respect for those who train true HIT style.

Well put!!

davie

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2006, 12:24:09 PM »
ya good post for sure
Squishy face retard

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2006, 01:06:04 PM »
High Intensity Training (HIT) is the opposite of High Volume Training.  Doing some 20 sets of some 15 reps or so is high volume training and not high intensity training.  It's like the difference between running a marathon and sprinting.  Sprinting would be high intensity and a marathon would be high volume.  You can't say that you ran a marathon and that you were sprinting the whole time.  If you sprint, run as fast as you possibly can, you won't last one minute.  In the same way, if you train HIT style, you can't last 20 sets.  They are opposites.  Arnold's training was high volume, while Metzer's training was high intensity.  Pick one, you can't mix them up.  If you mix them up, then you are neither training High Volume nor High Intensity.  I believe that's what most people do, a mix.  I have a lot of respect for those who train true HIT style.

That has been said many times, but sum like to argue that if u follow one u must b lazy etc.
Diff strokes..diff folks.

davie

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2006, 10:48:18 AM »
Definitely good to shock the muscles, but there are many more ways to do it that something crazy like 60 sets.
ya know i agree 60 sets per muscles group is a little insane. if you wanna give the muscles a shock try "from here to eternity" it was in the january or february issue of m&f 2006. 1 set per muscle group of 100 reps.