Author Topic: What's your resting heart rate?  (Read 20845 times)

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
Re: What's your resting heart rate?
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2006, 01:13:57 AM »
There is a good point to some of these personal trainers... WTF Really?  How many times I've seen a new guy come into the gym and hire a personal trainer because he's clueless which is good BUT, he has the guy standing on two wobbly things doing curls ::) and yes, dumbell bench presses on those balls, everything but having the guy learn the basic lifts. :-\  I gotta thinking these fuckers have plans for our weight area.  All Balls and wobble things :-X
OMG  Are you guys training at 24 hour sickness, or Ballys?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2006, 01:14:40 AM »
A pageant is a form of procession traditionally associated with both secular and religious rituals, often with a narrative structure. Pageants were an important aspect of Medieval European seasonal festivals, in particular around the celebration of Corpus Christi, which began after the 13th century. This festival reenacted the entire history of the world in processional performance, from Genesis to the Apocalypse, employing hundreds of performers and mobile scenic elements.

Other pageants in the Christian world have centered on Saints' festivals, Carnival (Mardi Gras), and Easter, while vernacular agrarian festivals have celebrated seasonal events such as the harvest, and the Summer/Winter solstices (Midsummer's Night).

Drawing on this rich and varied Medieval tradition contemporary artists such as Bread and Puppet Theater, the Welfare State, In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre, Spiral Q, and Superior Concept Monsters have used pageants as a potent community-based performance form.

Still doesn't make bodybuilding a "sport" and you can take alot of that definition and apply it to bodybuilding!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2006, 01:17:23 AM »
OMG  Are you guys training at 24 hour sickness, or Ballys?
I have two memberships, one at Golds and one at a local no name gym that is the biggest in town and cheep so i put up with their sented handsoap/lotion and block out the boy george music with headphones ;D

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2006, 01:18:09 AM »
a beauty pageant is a beauty contest, it does not require physical exertion in a competition against others to win, bodybuilding competition does.

Not true, there is a talent part of the contest......or did they do away with that? I haven't seen one in a while, all I know is that the chick from Kentucky who just got her crown stripped is freaking HOT, she reminds me of Carrie Underwood!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2006, 01:21:40 AM »
Still doesn't make bodybuilding a "sport" and you can take alot of that definition and apply it to bodybuilding!
But you seem to think the definition of sport is so exclusive, how many competitive activities are called sports without a fuss in the world.  Bodybuilding is the only one that has a few people make a big deal about it.  Man, think about it, you train physically for months on end to step into a competitive environment and win against others.  That's a hell of a lot closer to sport than pageant.  Why the fuss if people want to call it a sport?  I mean I understand from the pure fag audience, the guys who just show up to drool... To them it's a beauty pageant.  But my world is not there world so I don't give a fuck what they think.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2006, 01:27:51 AM »
If bobsledding can be called a sport, then nobody should have a bitch about BB.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2006, 06:31:51 AM »
What's your resting heart rate? Mine is fucked.  :-\  95. and it's not normally that high, but lately, all the time.
Berserker...you better get that checked.  You should be a lot lower at rest.  :-\   I am guessing you are in your low 20's and probably good shape, right?  No way it should be that high especially all the time.  Go to a doctor.

Cheri

fixed.  ;D
:D Weee

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2006, 07:59:24 AM »
Unless you have serious muscle (at that height) you definitely have a problem of possible arterial blockage etc... or your heart is just not used to doing any work. What's your blood pressure?

blah, blah, blah..............are you a doctor or someting?I'm 270 at about 18 %bf at the moment. But just curious - how the hell did you come up with the idea that i might have arterial blockage - just cause i'm heavy? ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2006, 08:00:31 AM »

blah, blah, blah..............are you a doctor or someting?I'm 270 at about 18 %bf at the moment. But just curious - how the hell did you come up with the idea that i might have arterial blockage - just cause i'm heavy? ::)
she's just a stupid c.unt talking shit like women always do, never pay any attention to what a woman or child has to say, this is the only thing women need to be doing with their mouths......

http://www.chillivanilla.com/gws/julie/gallery_03/index.php?showimage=aws_00.jpg&screenwidth=1024

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2006, 09:38:44 AM »
But you seem to think the definition of sport is so exclusive,  Man, think about it, you train physically for months on end to step into a competitive environment and win against others.  That's a hell of a lot closer to sport than pageant. 

There is no skill involved with bodybuilding exept for posing!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »
Don't let Chic see those pics of the guys in costumes.  He is supporting the IFBB and they don't have that.  What a fucking circus

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2006, 10:45:23 AM »
Times that 15 seconds X 6 = 90bpm if thats resting, thats high!

Why would I times it by 15 seconds for 6.  Thats not how its done. Try 4 if 15 seconds hope this helps

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2006, 03:21:57 PM »
Why would I times it by 15 seconds for 6.  Thats not how its done. Try 4 if 15 seconds hope this helps

You misunderstood......didn't you say your resting was 15 for 10 sec? 10x6=60sec 15x6=90bpm!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2006, 03:24:27 PM »
I am pretty sure I am heavisets and I just took mine and I am between 14 and 15 beats for 10 seconds.  

10x6=60sec

15x6=90bpm

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2006, 03:25:42 PM »
57 the other day giving blood. Temp of 96.9
Squishy face retard

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2006, 03:34:43 PM »
Mine went down once I lost weight from the pneumonia.  I plan to put it back on, and as such my heart rate will go up slightly.  That's the risk you take to bulk though.  Even without drugs, it's healthier to be a lower body weight, and even the difference between 185 and 205 makes a difference, however slight.

That weird, heart rates usually go up when a person is sick (cold, flu)!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2006, 03:44:37 PM »
If bodybuilding was a sport, then that would make bodybuilders athletes and we all no that isnt the case.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2006, 03:46:27 PM »
If bodybuilding was a sport, then that would make bodybuilders athletes and we all no that isnt the case.

Correct athletes require skill!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2006, 03:54:39 PM »
You misunderstood......didn't you say your resting was 15 for 10 sec? 10x6=60sec 15x6=90bpm!!
Yes I must misunderstood.  I thought you meant 15 for 15 seconds times 6.  Okay I am wrong.  And I definitley not bragging.  I am betterthan the person who said they had a 120 or above tought and I am huge

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2006, 04:43:43 PM »

Bodybuilders are atletes - no doubt  about, but bb shows are closer to a modeling than to any kind of sport.

Bast175

« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2006, 05:24:31 PM »
i got measured at 76 bpm today.  I haven't done any cardio in about 6 weeks though.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2006, 05:26:04 PM »
Correct athletes require skill!
Please make the case of why posing and performing a routine requires ZERO skill AND ZERO physical exertion... At best you can make the case that bodybuilding is physically easier than many other sports but you can't argue its not a sport if there is even a speck of skill and physical exertion required in a competitive environment. na na nu nanners...  End of Story, and Romano is still a cock smoker. :P

My heart rate waking was 69bpm... still to high for just waking up huh ???

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2006, 05:27:52 PM »
It's already been proven with the dictionary. It's a sport. Intenseone is denying reality now.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2006, 05:27:53 PM »
i got measured at 76 bpm today.  I haven't done any cardio in about 6 weeks though.
Just waking up or just sitting around.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2006, 05:40:18 PM »
It's already been proven with the dictionary. It's a sport. Intenseone is denying reality now.
The turd known as Meltdown Romano thinks the dictionary makes his case that Bodybuilding is a pageant.  Truth be told, his bias probably stems from a deep inner hatred of Joe Weider.  Probably something to do with Joe wanting bodybuilding in the Olympics.  Or maybe it stems from some legal argument he has tucked in that pea brain of his for taking steroids that doesn't fit if BB is a sport.  Quite some time ago that steroid lawyer had defended some case and argued that bodybuilding wasn't a sport.  John probably made his decision at that time and hasn't updated his brain cell yet.   One thing is for sure, he's got some bias he's not explaining.  This is the god's dumbest argument and for a guy like Romano to come unglued and insist so strongly that it's not a sport, it must have some special meaning for him. ::)  In Intenseone's case, he's just wrong on everything so I forgive him ;)