Author Topic: What does animal/dog abuse look like?  (Read 11649 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
What does animal/dog abuse look like?
« on: December 18, 2006, 09:19:42 PM »
This:

This pitbull/mix puppy was brought into the SPCA, where my woman works, right before closing today.  A couple guys said they saw some ghetto kids (its oakland, need i say more) beating this puppy and throwing rocks and sticks at it.  Its 5 weeks old.  It was covered in blood, fleas and motor oil.  We picked off over 70 fleas as we were bathing it and there are still more that we couldn't get to because the dog is in so much pain.  its dew claw is almost ripped off on one leg, one leg might be broken and it seems that its ribs are extremely sensitive and maybe broken.  Yes the dog will live, but what the f**k is wrong with poor, ghetto kids.  Do their parents instill them with no sense of morality???  Anyway, the dog woulda stayed overnight in a cold kennel, so my girlfriend volunteered to take it home and tend to it.  Our extremely dog aggressive APBT is upset about staying in his room, but its not a real inconvenience.  People make me sick. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: What does animal/dog abuse look like?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 09:30:15 PM »
this is
the worse case in history

and by the wat nothing pisses me off more than when any human mistreats any animal

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 09:35:31 PM »
These kids suck..how could u abuse an animal.
L

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 09:36:48 PM »
this is
the worse case in history

and by the wat nothing pisses me off more than when any human mistreats any animal

Its funny to have that statement followed up by that pic of goodrum. Great pic  ;D  I do appreciate the sentiments and agree with you 100%

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 10:25:31 PM »
Cute dog.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 11:49:35 PM »
Build walls around these Ghettos just like Nazi Germany and starve these bastards.  ???

OK... Maybe thats overkill but damn this kind of thing pisses me off.
S

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 12:02:16 AM »
This:

This pitbull/mix puppy was brought into the SPCA, where my woman works, right before closing today.  A couple guys said they saw some ghetto kids (its oakland, need i say more) beating this puppy and throwing rocks and sticks at it.  Its 5 weeks old.  It was covered in blood, fleas and motor oil.  We picked off over 70 fleas as we were bathing it and there are still more that we couldn't get to because the dog is in so much pain.  its dew claw is almost ripped off on one leg, one leg might be broken and it seems that its ribs are extremely sensitive and maybe broken.  Yes the dog will live, but what the f**k is wrong with poor, ghetto kids.  Do their parents instill them with no sense of morality???  Anyway, the dog woulda stayed overnight in a cold kennel, so my girlfriend volunteered to take it home and tend to it.  Our extremely dog aggressive APBT is upset about staying in his room, but its not a real inconvenience.  People make me sick. 

>:( Send it to me in Belgium and I will look after it
It hasn't helped...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 01:04:55 AM »
Cool dog.  :)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 04:28:52 AM »
Beautiful dog...Sorry it happened. But, kids in the ghetto are no meaner or worse than the ones in the suburbs. I knew one guy who like to take cats and put them in the mailbox with M80's. Lock the mailbox, and see it go Boom. Now that is sick, and he got off on it. All because he didn't like cats

body88

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 04:45:18 AM »
wtf!!!!!!!! Why do people do this shit?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 06:55:40 AM »
People who do this should get exactly the same prison sentence as if it were a human they did it to.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 07:03:45 AM »
cry me a fucking river...

put a bullet in the dogs head and put the $$ you would have wasted on reviving it towards helping the millions of starving assholes around the world or something more pressing

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 07:04:07 AM »
i still live by the rule of

if i see an animal being put through pain it doesnt deserve, then ill go out of my way to fulfill karma tenfold on that person

body88

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 07:25:15 AM »

put a bullet in the dogs head and put the $$ you would have wasted on reviving it towards helping the millions of starving assholes around the world or something more pressing

There is no reason to beat and kill defensless animals.  You would have a point if people where on here giving food to stray dogs over starving humans. But, there is no excuse for abusing a tiny puppy that cannot defend itself.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 07:32:44 AM »
if a dog bit me i would kill it slowly, other than that i would agree its pointless to torture an animal...

thats really beside the point; if youre gonna bitch about stuff, take care of the problems with humans before you worry about animals .... doesnt that make sense?

body88

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 07:33:14 AM »
if a dog bit me i would kill it slowly, other than that i would agree its pointless to torture an animal...

thats really beside the point; if youre gonna bitch about stuff, take care of the problems with humans before you worry about animals .... doesnt that make sense?

Makes sense

sandycoosworth

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 07:34:21 AM »
i believe you still owe me some office titties >:(

body88

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 07:38:01 AM »
i believe you still owe me some office titties >:(

In the works dood!

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 08:12:16 AM »
remember this?

sandycoosworth

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 08:17:13 AM »
cue "gone fishing sign"

now

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 08:49:55 AM »

That's an interesting way of thinking... but comparing apples to oranges isn't it?  Animals of all kinds are part of the delicate balance of nature that ensures our own survival. Following your train of thought, all the funds also reserved for wildlife study, preserving habitat, fighting air/water pollution should also be diverted to feeding people who normally wouldn't survive without human intervention due to the harsh conditions of their environment.

It's also been said, that you can judge the level of civilization of a society by the way it treats its animals.

Here's a quote from the girl board... excellent book.

What terrifying powers we possess. but what a sorry lot of gods some men are. And the worst of it is not the cruelty but the arrogance, the sheer hubris, of those who carry only violence and fear into the animal world, as if it needed any more of either.  Their lives entail enough frights and tribulations with the modern fire-makers, now armed with perfected, inescapable weapons, traipsing along for more fun and thrills at their expense, even as so many of them die away.  It is our fellow creatures' lot in the universe, the place assigned them in creation, to be completely at our mercy, the fiercest wolf or tiger defenseless against the most cowardly man.  And to me it has always seemed not only ungenerous and shabby but a kind of supreme snobbery to deal cavalierly with them, as if their little share of the earth's happiness and grief were inconsequential, meaningless beneath a man's attention, trumped by any and all designs he might have on them, however base, irrational, or wicked.

Matthew Scully -  Dominion, the Power of Man, the Suffering of Animals, and the Call to Mercy,

sandycoosworth

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 09:29:22 AM »
That's an interesting way of thinking... but comparing apples to oranges isn't it?  Animals of all kinds are part of the delicate balance of nature that ensures our own survival. Following your train of thought, all the funds also reserved for wildlife study, preserving habitat, fighting air/water pollution should also be diverted to feeding people who normally wouldn't survive without human intervention due to the harsh conditions of their environment.

actually i think its you who is comparing apples and oranges my dear:

you could argue that there would be more benefit to diverting these environmentally pegged funds to directly buying food and whatnot for the poor, however money put towards wildlife preservation etc... presumably benefits the health of every human on this planet

money wasted on one dying dog benefits ... one dying dog

It's also been said, that you can judge the level of civilization of a society by the way it treats its animals.

i have heard many times that one can judge a society by how it treats its weakest members (ie old, poor, unborn, sick) but i think the animal interpretation is, um, a stretch ::)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 09:33:57 AM »
I'll answer the rest later when I get back from my shallow, consumerist purchasing of useless gifts but in the meantime...

You can judge the morality of a nation by the way the society treats its animals.
     -Mahatma Gandhi

sandycoosworth

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 09:38:42 AM »
he was speaking of the lower casts ;D

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 09:50:59 AM »
I agree with Sandy on this.

Animals are animals.
I don't like that people try to humanize them.
It means that your pet is of more value then lives in Africa and Asia.
I think that is crazy.

Those kids did a bad thing and should be punished, but there are much bigger issues.

The $1500 dollar vet bill, would have created an opportunity at life in Africa. It is around 3X the average per person GDP of any of 10 poorest nations.
Z