Author Topic: What does animal/dog abuse look like?  (Read 11643 times)

sandycoosworth

Re: What does animal/dog abuse look like?
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2006, 02:39:42 PM »
i wouldnt help either

but if i was to help, it would be humans (even "subhuman" black ones) before animals

Bast175

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2006, 02:42:54 PM »
i wouldnt help either

but if i was to help, it would be humans (even "subhuman" black ones) before animals

i agree that humans are more important.  no one should be injuring either in the first place.  those afro-children need a dose of their own medicine.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2006, 02:49:39 PM »
you want the dog to throw rocks at them?

Bast175

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2006, 02:51:48 PM »
you want the dog to throw rocks at them?

no i could just slap them around myself.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2006, 02:55:11 PM »
This:

Mind you, he is a seriously cute puppy, and it does make you wonder how anyone can do this just for a laugh. Animal cruelty doesn't bother me that much to be honest. Not that I enjoy seeing it or owt like that. To me, it just seems rather pointless to waste your time being cruel to beasties

I do love 'net forums though when topics like this crop up, and the wind up merchant who always knows which buttons to press to get everyone going.... lovely.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2006, 03:13:28 PM »
i fully grasped what was "geing"said, and in fact  i turned it around and showed him how stupid it was to say by applying his relativistic logic to the very animals he is crying over

in the future ill be sure to spell out every little detail, no matter how obvious, so people like you do not get confused ::)

IF you fully grasp what was being said (which you didnt )  you would have realised your replys didint make sense in reference to the posts. you needed it to be explained to you a few times and still you dont get whats being said. and still havent answered my original questions..

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2006, 08:28:38 PM »
the thing about dogs are is that they cant survive on their own. a wild animal can,, but not a puppy. the only reason why that dog was beaten, was because of hate. not for laughs or anything else.. just pure hate. why do some people go on killing sprees? killing people they dont even know? its because of hate, they hate themselves, so they hate everything around them. that dog was a perfect target for someone to release their hate.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2006, 09:13:09 AM »
he was speaking of the lower casts  ;D

Lol, good comeback.  I just don't see why acts of kindness have to be mutually exclusive. Or that only certain kinds of "helping the weak" are worthy. Perhaps someone might prefer to volunteer at the Toronto Sick Kids, whereas someone else might spend their time with the Urban Animal Activists  ;)... or give their tax-deductable donations to help find a cure for cancer, or spina bifida, or any number of diseases. Which is the correct, worthy cause to champion? Once you start to label acts of kindness according to some sort of scale... I think you're going to find many arguments as to which are worthy and which aren't. Fortunately, people do have such diverse areas of interest, that most of the needy or abused, are covered in some way. If the SPCA and volunteers didn't take these animals in, there'd be feral cats and dogs all over every major city. And I reiterate the words of Mahatma Gandi... you really can measure the morality of a society by the way it treats its animals. They are the weakest of all and completely at the mercy of human kindness.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2006, 09:39:35 AM »
Lol, good comeback.  I just don't see why acts of kindness have to be mutually exclusive. Or that only certain kinds of "helping the weak" are worthy. Perhaps someone might prefer to volunteer at the Toronto Sick Kids, whereas someone else might spend their time with the Urban Animal Activists  ;)... or give their tax-deductable donations to help find a cure for cancer, or spina bifida, or any number of diseases. Which is the correct, worthy cause to champion? Once you start to label acts of kindness according to some sort of scale... I think you're going to find many arguments as to which are worthy and which aren't. Fortunately, people do have such diverse areas of interest, that most of the needy or abused, are covered in some way. If the SPCA and volunteers didn't take these animals in, there'd be feral cats and dogs all over every major city. And I reiterate the words of Mahatma Gandi... you really can measure the morality of a society by the way it treats its animals. They are the weakest of all and completely at the mercy of human kindness.
ummm no they are not helpless.
You said it yourself. They would become feral.
Animals can take care of themselves.

Animal is sick and a criminal offense, but is in no way comparable to human suffering.

I judge society on how it deals with its elderly, sick and young. These are truly the most venerable. Don't compare the suffering animals to these members of society.
Z

sandycoosworth

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2006, 09:47:23 AM »

Animal is sick and a criminal offense, but is in no way comparable to human suffering.

I judge society on how it deals with its elderly, sick and young. These are truly the most venerable. Don't compare the suffering animals to these members of society.

couldnt have said it better myself

well i could have but you get the idea ;D

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2006, 10:06:06 AM »

Not sure what all of this means as there are missing words, etc... but I think I get the picture.  When a feral, diseased animal holes up in your backyard, who do you call. More than likely the SPCA.

That's your value system... who's to say it's "right" or "the only acceptable" one. You're perfectly free to give your money and time to the causes of the sick, the elderly and the young. Why would you care if someone gave their time or money to some cause involving animals.  Sorry, but I think the statement "tortured dogs should be left to die in the street because there are starving children in Africa" is silly.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2006, 11:17:22 AM »

puppies/dogs are not ferel animals.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2006, 11:31:28 AM »
Not sure what all of this means as there are missing words, etc... but I think I get the picture.  When a feral, diseased animal holes up in your backyard, who do you call. More than likely the SPCA.

That's your value system... who's to say it's "right" or "the only acceptable" one. You're perfectly free to give your money and time to the causes of the sick, the elderly and the young. Why would you care if someone gave their time or money to some cause involving animals.  Sorry, but I think the statement "tortured dogs should be left to die in the street because there are starving children in Africa" is silly.

You said that animals are the best judge of society because
they are the weakest of all and completely at the mercy of human kindness.
This is not true. Most animals get along better without human interference. That is the whole point of national parks. Only pets are at our mercy for care.
The SPCA kills many of the animals that it takes in. Especially the old and mangy ones that no one wants.

Give money to whomever you want, but be sure people deserve help before pets.
Z

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2006, 11:49:25 AM »

You said that animals are the best judge of society because This is not true. Most animals get along better without human interference. That is the whole point of national parks. Only pets are at our mercy for care.
The SPCA kills many of the animals that it takes in. Especially the old and mangy ones that no one wants.
Give money to whomever you want, but be sure people deserve help before pets.

They are the weakest of all and completely at the mercy of human kindness.
[/quote]

The fact that animals are better off without human interference doesnt not mean they are not at the mercy of human kindness.
  animals are completely at our mercy,
 and who are you people to decide where someone donates their time and money? if someone wants to pay for an injured puppy instead of donating that money to someone in Africa who are you to tell him to help  people first?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2006, 11:56:51 AM »
I am not telling her where to give money, I don't care.
But equating animals to people is not correct. People are more deserving. It makes me sick that people will spend $20,000 to give their dog a new hip, but won't give the homeless $1.

The fact that animals are better off without human interference doesnt not mean they are not at the mercy of human kindness.
  animals are completely at our mercy,

Here is a partial list of animals that thrive without any help or mercy, and many times with direct intervention.
Rats, Mice, Voles, Gophers, Cockroaches, Raccoons, Swallows, etc.

But they aren't pretty or nice so they are ignored.
Z

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2006, 01:02:49 PM »
Puppy has a pink nose... not a good sign breeding wise, so I say the kids were right.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2006, 01:05:42 PM »
this debate is getting somewhat circular, with 2 main themes:

1) it is better to help humans than animals

2) it is better to help animals than nothing

with regards to point number 2; if you are talking about helping a dying dog in your backyard because you cannot help african kids at the moment its a good point ...

unfortunately africa is not the only place with problems: domestically you could help the elderly, homeless, mentally ill, diseased/dying ... you have thousands of people willing to take in a stray dog, how many would take in a homeless person ::)

id also like to point out that if y'all grew up in china you wouldnt give a shit about animal abuse; your sensitivity to animal abuse is societal and arbitrary

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2006, 01:29:01 PM »
if a dog bit me i would kill it slowly, other than that i would agree its pointless to torture an animal...

thats really beside the point; if youre gonna bitch about stuff, take care of the problems with humans before you worry about animals .... doesnt that make sense?

f**k off  i hate humans
Money drugs and bitches

sandycoosworth

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2006, 02:04:07 PM »
id rather fuck your mother ;D

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2006, 02:40:46 PM »
id rather f**k your mother ;D

Then you got some digging to do human

I'm better than you .. ppl like could not even afford to bye 1 of me sperm to drink
Money drugs and bitches

sandycoosworth

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2006, 02:51:36 PM »
wheres the bitch burried *zip*

;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2006, 08:35:55 PM »
why all the sympathy for homeless people?

take in a homeless dog and it will love you until the day it dies

take in a homeless person and they could possibly kill, rape, or steal from you

the homeless are mentally deranged

they aren't homeless because they are very kind people that just had bad luck ::)

E
E

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2006, 06:20:47 AM »
this debate is getting somewhat circular, with 2 main themes:

1) it is better to help humans than animals

2) it is better to help animals than nothing

with regards to point number 2; if you are talking about helping a dying dog in your backyard because you cannot help african kids at the moment its a good point ...

unfortunately africa is not the only place with problems: domestically you could help the elderly, homeless, mentally ill, diseased/dying ... you have thousands of people willing to take in a stray dog, how many would take in a homeless person ::)

id also like to point out that if y'all grew up in china you wouldnt give a shit about animal abuse; your sensitivity to animal abuse is societal and arbitrary

Again, helping the elderly, the disease/dying and saving a half dead dog off the street are not mutually exclusive.  A decent person would be willing to do both.

China is not reknowned for its elevated human rights philosophy either.  So perhaps the Ghandi quote is relevant.  Societies that are civilized enough to show mercy to the lowliest of creatures, are more apt to treat their needy, weak, sick, mentally ill etc., better than those that don't.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2006, 06:59:42 AM »
Again, helping the elderly, the disease/dying and saving a half dead dog off the street are not mutually exclusive. 

i never said they were; i said if you want to help you should assist humans before animals

the hindus and especially jainists in india treat animals with great respect (because they could be ones reincarnated relatives), yet they practice infanticide and to this day treat their darker members like subhumans + they dont have the best track record for womans rights

amreeka makes it a crime to harm an eagles egg or abuse a pet, yet they abort tens of thousands of babies every year ...

as i said, its arbitrary

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2006, 08:18:25 AM »
I had a feeling you'd bring up India... but I think you can see the connection between the world's more civilized countries and protective laws governing animals.

Once an animal/creature makes it onto the endangered list, yes, it is a crime to interfere with that particular species in any way.  Animal abuse laws were put into effect in US/Canada after many studies found the correlation between that and escalating violence toward humans... domestic violence, antisocial behavior, etc.  Most serial killers get their start torturing animals, etc. I believe it's the attempt to "nip it in the bud" thinking.

You can also be sure that if humans ever make it onto the endangered species list, abortions will be deemed illegal overnight.