Author Topic: ASK Mr TAIWAN? Q&A Thread  (Read 1508942 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: ASK Mr TAIWAN? Q&A Thread
« Reply #1375 on: October 30, 2012, 07:31:29 AM »
My current routine is 3 days in a row, 6 days on 1 day off.

Training EVERY muscle group TWICE a week.

have you ever tried any of Vinny G's stuff?

like 8x8?

he recommended training each muscle twice a week on a 3-way split, just like you do brother 8)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #1376 on: October 31, 2012, 01:45:05 AM »
have you ever tried any of Vinny G's stuff?

like 8x8?

he recommended training each muscle twice a week on a 3-way split, just like you do brother 8)
don't know Vinny's training method very well.
but i show my respect to his workout ethics.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1377 on: October 31, 2012, 03:16:59 AM »
don't know Vinny's training method very well.
but i show my respect to his workout ethics.

his 8x8 protocol is to take a weight and do 8 sets of 8 reps with it, while taking only 15-20 seconds of rest between sets

he called it "density training" and it is a very effective training protocol for creating a very good level of conditioning with lots of "pop" and seperation to one's muscles 8)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #1378 on: October 31, 2012, 07:47:12 AM »
his 8x8 protocol is to take a weight and do 8 sets of 8 reps with it, while taking only 15-20 seconds of rest between sets

he called it "density training" and it is a very effective training protocol for creating a very good level of conditioning with lots of "pop" and seperation to one's muscles 8)
i always do 25-35 sets for big muscle like chest or back, 20-25 sets for tris or biceps.
today i doing 20 sets of bench-press, 10 sets of incline press for chest .
for back: 20 sets of pull-down & 15 sets of bent-over rows

here are pics

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1379 on: October 31, 2012, 11:19:08 AM »
i always do 25-35 sets for big muscle like chest or back, 20-25 sets for tris or biceps.
today i doing 20 sets of bench-press, 10 sets of incline press for chest .
for back: 20 sets of pull-down & 15 sets of bent-over rows

here are pics

you look great man :)

so how long do you rest btw sets?

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #1380 on: October 31, 2012, 10:20:06 PM »
you look great man :)

so how long do you rest btw sets?
Well, it depends
when training small muscles such as biceps, triceps  
taking no more than 10-15 seconds of rest between sets.
big muscles such as chest, back. no more than 20-30 seconds rest.
here is my back workout video taken about 4 years ago

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #1381 on: October 31, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
And when doing barbell rowing
lots guys upright their back too much, thats train too much uper & traps 
But i favour my back is paralleled with floor.(see the video)
thats hit the middle section of the back.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #1382 on: November 01, 2012, 06:57:52 AM »
Here are my shoulders training videos taken today.
but the images quality not so good. :-\

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1383 on: November 01, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »
And when doing barbell rowing
lots guys upright their back too much, thats train too much uper & traps 
But i favour my back is paralleled with floor.(see the video)
thats hit the middle section of the back.

Barbell rows as you describe hit it all..the Barbell row is like a lot of Basic exercises can be used in variations to suite your needs. Hand grips you can vary and also angle of body  you can "tune" in to what you want. You can even do incline/flat rows on a bench if your lower back is not up to it. Wonderful mass builder.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #1384 on: November 01, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
Barbell rows as you describe hit it all..the Barbell row is like a lot of Basic exercises can be used in variations to suite your needs. Hand grips you can vary and also angle of body  you can "tune" in to what you want. You can even do incline/flat rows on a bench if your lower back is not up to it. Wonderful mass builder.
X2.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1385 on: November 01, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »
 ;)

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #1386 on: November 01, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »
your sister??

very good first post

;D

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #1387 on: November 01, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
:-X

so you fell sick of banging pussies? did that mean you are a faggoort?

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #1388 on: November 03, 2012, 07:32:12 AM »
update pics

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1389 on: November 03, 2012, 08:00:04 AM »
Still donīt know how you recover from the high volume you do and such short rests between sets...but if it works for you. Your Body must be well conditioned and i doubt if you need cardio like me,,, ;D

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #1390 on: November 03, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »
Still donīt know how you recover from the high volume you do and such short rests between sets...but if it works for you. Your Body must be well conditioned and i doubt if you need cardio like me,,, ;D

and don't forget, he is life-time natural

or maybe because of his english, he can't really express what he really wants to say

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #1391 on: November 04, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »
I have a injuried spinals & right-leg knee, can't running any more :-\
So high volume(eps higher reps) training of big muscles are my cardios.  ;)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #1392 on: November 04, 2012, 12:20:46 AM »
Here is my hanging Legs raise video taken Nov 2, 2012

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1393 on: November 04, 2012, 02:10:48 AM »
I have a injuried spinals & right-leg knee, can't running any more :-\
So high volume(eps higher reps) training of big muscles are my cardios.  ;)

taking only 20-30 sec rests btw sets on legs and back is a very good cardio workout

the key to getting the max benefit for cardio is to keep the pulse rate elevated for a prologed period of time (at least 10-12 min) and that style of training will do so

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1394 on: November 04, 2012, 02:22:36 AM »
taking only 20-30 sec rests btw sets on legs and back is a very good cardio workout

the key to getting the max benefit for cardio is to keep the pulse rate elevated for a prologed period of time (at least 10-12 min) and that style of training will do so
well circuit training or PHA training yes. It wonīt work like running, interval training. very hard to keep your pulse up long enough doing weight training because your muscles fatigue before your heart,circulatory system and lungs.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1395 on: November 04, 2012, 11:00:07 PM »
well circuit training or PHA training yes. It wonīt work like running, interval training. very hard to keep your pulse up long enough doing weight training because your muscles fatigue before your heart,circulatory system and lungs.

i disagree

just recently i was doing giant sets, circuit style, ie. rows, push-ups, squats with zero rest btw moves and i kept it up for 10-12 min staight and my pulse rate stayed at well about 150 bpm fo the entire 10-12 min

it's a fucking brutal way to train, and i nearly passed the fuck out doing it lol

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1396 on: November 05, 2012, 01:33:07 AM »
i disagree

just recently i was doing giant sets, circuit style, ie. rows, push-ups, squats with zero rest btw moves and i kept it up for 10-12 min staight and my pulse rate stayed at well about 150 bpm fo the entire 10-12 min

it's a fucking brutal way to train, and i nearly passed the fuck out doing it lol
well we can agree to disagree. Thatīs the thing we all have an opinion. Cardio and weight training are two diffrent worlds. I do not agree you can get a cardio workout like running 3 to 5 miles at a good clip doing 10-12 mins of squats etc with no pause inbetween( you must have been using very,very light weight and would be more like circuit training. I can only say that if i took anyone who does not run for a 5 mile run he will struggle or not make it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1397 on: November 05, 2012, 06:59:29 AM »
well we can agree to disagree. Thatīs the thing we all have an opinion. Cardio and weight training are two diffrent worlds. I do not agree you can get a cardio workout like running 3 to 5 miles at a good clip doing 10-12 mins of squats etc with no pause inbetween( you must have been using very,very light weight and would be more like circuit training. I can only say that if i took anyone who does not run for a 5 mile run he will struggle or not make it.

that's cool man, but just so you know, i was a track and cross country man in high school, and i was able to run 800 meters in under 2 min, and i ran 5k in under 16 min so i think that i know a little something about running and being outstandingly fit 8)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1398 on: November 05, 2012, 07:45:13 AM »
that's cool man, but just so you know, i was a track and cross country man in high school, and i was able to run 800 meters in under 2 min, and i ran 5k in under 16 min so i think that i know a little something about running and being outstandingly fit 8)
Outstanding my man...well i work in sport training people every day and i have always ran since my military service in 1985 so i am not wanting to sound like a dick but i have a little bit of know how too. I am always trying to help people every day at work and here if i can. I respect other opinions here and there are some great guys on here like yourself and Galeniko who have very good physiques...so if i come over Blunt and opinionated then just tell me. I won't cry...  ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1399 on: November 05, 2012, 07:53:23 AM »
Outstanding my man...well i work in sport training people every day and i have always ran since my military service in 1985 so i am not wanting to sound like a dick but i have a little bit of know how too. I am always trying to help people every day at work and here if i can. I respect other opinions here and there are some great guys on here like yourself and Galeniko who have very good physiques...so if i come over Blunt and opinionated then just tell me. I won't cry...  ;D

allight man, and no worries :)

and sorry if a came across as a bit of an arrogant ass/dickhead but i'm kinda stressed out about a certain female at the moment, so you'll have to forgive me for my dickheadedness