Author Topic: Are rights being infringed upon  (Read 16001 times)

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
Re: Are rights being infringed upon
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2007, 08:28:22 PM »
Well smoking, owning GUNS and being a NRA member sure smells red-neck to me, just calling a spade a spade.  

Aaahahahaha, GTFO hippie

newmom

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2007, 08:29:13 PM »
Well smoking, owning GUNS and being a NRA member sure smells red-neck to me, just calling a spade a spade.  

first off I own a gun (singular). See it's a right we fought for in this country. ITS CALLED FREEDOM.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2007, 08:35:13 PM »
first off I own a gun (singular). See it's a right we fought for in this country. ITS CALLED FREEDOM.

Wow you sound so free.............you need a gun.

newmom

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2007, 08:37:43 PM »
naaaaaaaaaaaaa just a shotgun or riffle

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2007, 08:38:13 PM »

a little ignorant there,,i own plenty of guns,, proud nra life member, i love to go hunting on my days off.. born and raised in the bronx.. im about as far way from redneck as it gets..

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2007, 08:40:16 PM »
Luv2Hurt

You miss the point.

She has a right to bear arms, in defense of her land, her home, and her family. It's not that she loves guns and is a gun nut, but she chooses to excersize her freedom to own a gun.

The NRA isn't just about owning guns and shooting stuff. They're about protecting freedoms that crazy nutjobs are trying to take away because they don't like it. Being able to own a gun is in the original constitution of the US, and there are people out there lobbying to ban them. She never said she NEEDED a gun, but she likes to have one for peace of mind.

newmom

« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2007, 08:42:19 PM »
lol exactly kh300, I lived in the lower east side of nyc for 5 years I'm sooooooo far from being a redneck.

Ozzy you see my point, thank god someone does. I like to target shoot with my dad, he is the hunter and stuff, I am not. I don't feel I need one, but I am thrilled I have the right to do so

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2007, 08:45:12 PM »
a little ignorant there,,i own plenty of guns,, proud nra life member, i love to go hunting on my days off.. born and raised in the bronx.. im about as far way from redneck as it gets..

Where you live does not matter, are you saying there are special places where red-necks live, thats ignorant.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2007, 08:46:50 PM »
wombat

yes smoking hurts and kills. It's a nasty habit to break. I still don't think the government should infringe on my rights. I wont harm my child and will do anything to protect her. Yes if I know for a fact someone is being abused of course I would say something. On another note, spanking a child on the hand or bottom and I mean a light spank is no reason to call child abuse hotline like so many do now. No i don't hit my child, but spanking is so taboo now and these young kids I read about that pop off to their teachers just have no respect. Now beating a child is something I would definitely go to authorities to. I see where u are getting at wombat. Am I infringing on someones rights because lets say I see a woman beating her child in a restroom at a restaraunt.

If 2nd hand smoke can cause cancer(although never really proven) but many other ailments have been proved from 2nd hand smoke...Then it MUST be looked at the same way as someone beating their child...Not to do so in irresponsible...Fact of the matter is children need MORE rights...They are human for crying out loud...If you can't smoke in a restraunt because its considered dangerous for everyone in there...Then why should that stop in a house with someone under the age of 18(who doesn't really have a voice)...Children need more of a voice in this world...Parents shouldn't have the right to endanger a child...

newmom

« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »
Where you live does matter, are you saying there are special places where red-necks live, thats ignorant.

nope just saying..there are ignorant people no matter where you live

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2007, 08:50:07 PM »
L2H,

My Dad is a gun/hunting nut. He goes on a hunting trip almost twice a year and owns property that he goes to every day to plant stuff for deer and geese, so he can shoot them. He's a hunting nut in every sense of the word, even watches the hunting channel hahaha.

Redneck? I don't see very many redneck dentists walking around. He doesn't talk with a drawl or anything. He doesn't smoke, dip, or drink. He's a lifetime member of the NRA and goes to NRA dinners and meetings.

So, the argument that everyone that owns a gun and is a member of the NRA being a redneck is squashed.

And BTW, "Where you live does matter, are you saying there are special places where red-necks live, thats ignorant." doesn't make any sense.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2007, 08:51:20 PM »
by the way...If the government had its choice, they would rather have no laws concerning smoking...Whether you believe it or not, the government would rather have us slowly kill ourselves...They were in cohots with the tobacco industry for years knowing they were killing us...

The 2nd hand smoke thing came from the people not the government...its not the government on this one infringing on our rights...The people are taking this one into their own hands..Of course they have to use the government to make anything happen...

newmom

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2007, 08:54:10 PM »
If 2nd hand smoke can cause cancer(although never really proven) but many other ailments have been proved from 2nd hand smoke...Then it MUST be looked at the same way as someone beating their child...Not to do so in irresponsible...Fact of the matter is children need MORE rights...They are human for crying out loud...If you can't smoke in a restraunt because its considered dangerous for everyone in there...Then why should that stop in a house with someone under the age of 18(who doesn't really have a voice)...Children need more of a voice in this world...Parents shouldn't not have the right to endanger a child...

Because restaraunt is a public place and home is private. What I do in my car is my business unless I am breaking a law. Did you know there was an old blue law in the state of ct that it was against the law to drink a beverage without a straw.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2007, 08:55:57 PM »
And BTW, "Where you live does matter, are you saying there are special places where red-necks live, thats ignorant." doesn't make any sense.

Yeah I forgot the "not" in there, I must have forgot cause this "hippie" is too stoned  ;) Thanks for the debate guys I guess we just dissagree on some things, no big deal.

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2007, 08:58:18 PM »
"Being in cahoots with" = supporting a huge industry that would topple our economy if it suddenly went under.

The government could care less what people do as long as it doesn't affect the country/economy. Now, billions go to the government on taxes from tobacco. You think they'd actually allow it to be outlawed?

Pfft. People know tobacco is dangerous when used for years. They do it anyway. Why?

Why do I smoke, knowing it can kill me in 30 years? Cause I don't give a shit. After a stressful day of being shot at, having incoming rounds go off 50 meters away, hearing about friends that got blown up that day, I like to be able to step outside and have a smoke. I'll quit sometime, but I don't feel like it.

It's people telling me not to do it that make me want to do it more. I hate being told what I CAN'T do. If you tell me I CAN'T do something, you're reinforcing my urge to want to do it even more. People need to stop trying to tell other people what they can and can't do, just because they don't like it.

Yeah I forgot the "not" in there, I must have forgot cause this "hippie" is too stoned  ;) Thanks for the debate guys I guess we just dissagree on some things, no big deal.

Yeah, I like being able to debate a subject like this without all the "OMFG SMOKIN IS TEH BAD YOU SUCK MONSTER LUNG CANCER" and such. The hippie comment... well I've been watching a lot of SouthPark recently so... :)

newmom

« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »
exactly luv2hurt. I thought it was an interesting topic. Sure I need to stop smoking. I don't need the govt or town or state what I need to do as far as my child. I feed her, give her undying love and respect, make sure she is developing as she should, read and play together. Now time for a smoke...just kiddinggggggggg to cold to go outside. ;D

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2007, 09:02:52 PM »
Second hand smoke kills if you're around it for years and years, constantly. It's true that parents should not smoke around their children, but again the Government shouldn't have the right to step in and impose legislation on the matter.

o.K. then

When the kid becomes a young adult (18 and so on) and that kid has lung problem/asthma that can only be related to a parent that smoked in the house for 18 years...Should that young adult be able to sue his parents for neglagents? And if not, why not?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2007, 09:04:07 PM »
Because restaraunt is a public place and home is private. What I do in my car is my business

It's a private place if it's only you and other consenting adults who can choose to leave at any time present.  Once you introduce a child who has no choice but to be there into the mix, it's no longer "private".
Ron: "I am lazy."

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2007, 09:04:57 PM »
ozzy makes a good point,, many people have stressfull jobs and if a cigarette gives them a break- or relaxes them,, then good..

the point i was trying to make earlier is ya - the government is trying to keep us from smoking around our kids.. first it was we couldnt smoke in public places,, then it was at bars,, now its in our cars... guess whats next..pretty soon you wont be able to smoke

newmom

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2007, 09:05:47 PM »
exactly kh300

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »
ozzy makes a good point,, many people have stressfull jobs and if a cigarette gives them a break- or relaxes them,, then good..

the point i was trying to make earlier is ya - the government is trying to keep us from smoking around our kids.. first it was we couldnt smoke in public places,, then it was at bars,, now its in our cars... guess whats next..pretty soon you wont be able to smoke

No, you should always be able to smoke in places where your smoke will not hit the nostrils of other people who don't want to be smelling your smoke.
Ron: "I am lazy."

newmom

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2007, 09:08:07 PM »
It's a private place if it's only you and other consenting adults who can choose to leave at any time present.  Once you introduce a child who has no choice but to be there into the mix, it's no longer "private".

well I would'nt let my child sit in restaraunt that allowed smoking. I'm a better parent than that. But some parents will allow it, and these are the types that should'nt have kids in the first place, but in this country they are allowed to have kids.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2007, 09:13:36 PM »
o.K. then

When the kid becomes a young adult (18 and so on) and that kid has lung problem/asthma that can only be related to a parent that smoked in the house for 18 years...Should that young adult be able to sue his parents for neglagents? And if not, why not?

yes,, that parent should be in jail.. doesnt mean that person cant smoke,which is where this is leading.. besides- i cant talk for anyone else,, but here in ny if i go to my Sargent and say "hey look boss, i pulled over 2 people for smoking in their car, and 5 people for talking on their cell phones, and 3 people for not wearing their seat belts".. he would smack me in the face and tell me to do some real work.. point is even if this law gets passed its not one of these enforced ones- just one to make us aware..

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2007, 09:13:47 PM »
o.K. then

I said that parents SHOULD NOT smoke if they have children, especially around the children.

Anyway, if I'm sitting somewhere smoking and someone walks up to me and asks me to stop, I'll stop. But then again, if it's outside, I'll move, and if the person continues to bother me I'll walk away or tell them to get out of my face. It's these anti-smoking FREAKS that are the real problem, like that lady in NYC that attacked that other lady (who was across the street) for smoking.

Anywho, if the parent smoked for 18 years and the kid ends up sick with something smoke related, then I'm all for the kid being able to sue the dumbass parent.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2007, 09:14:41 PM »

Pfft. People know tobacco is dangerous when used for years. They do it anyway. Why?

Why do I smoke, knowing it can kill me in 30 years? Cause I don't give a shit. After a stressful day of being shot at, having incoming rounds go off 50 meters away, hearing about friends that got blown up that day, I like to be able to step outside and have a smoke. I'll quit sometime, but I don't feel like it.

It's people telling me not to do it that make me want to do it more. I hate being told what I CAN'T do. If you tell me I CAN'T do something, you're reinforcing my urge to want to do it even more. People need to stop trying to tell other people what they can and can't do, just because they don't like it.

Yeah, I like being able to debate a subject like this without all the "OMFG SMOKIN IS TEH BAD YOU SUCK MONSTER LUNG CANCER" and such. The hippie comment... well I've been watching a lot of SouthPark recently so... :)

This subject isn't about smoking itself but smoking in an area where children(lungs that are still growing)are involved...

People aren't smoking because they don't give a shit...In most cases they smoke because they can't stop...Its more addicting then coke...Many people can go to a party and do a line or two of coke and leave it alone...But how many people do the same with smoking? Yes their are some but most people who smoke, started young and can't stop it now...I wonder what the percentage of people(over 30)  is that have tried to stop smoking??I bet its huge...These people aren't smoking because they don't give a shit...

I bet newmom has tried to stop smoking dozens of times...I can't imagine she is smoking and hidding it from her kids because she just doesn't give a shit...Fact is--she is addicted...