Author Topic: Are rights being infringed upon  (Read 16040 times)

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Are rights being infringed upon
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2007, 07:20:13 PM »
Given which party has owned all the lawmaking power for the last six years, you just contradicted yourself.

look at the senators and Representatives that creates the laws,, but yes many conservatives have to go along with them too... conservatives principles are what i believe in..

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »
We will see how your views change when you are coughing up blood.

Won't happen, I'll probably die next month of a mortar attack or maybe a sniper.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2007, 07:22:51 PM »
look at the senators and Representatives that creates the laws,, but yes many conservatives have to go along with them too... conservatives principles are what i believe in..

The Republicans have had both majorities, friend.  You can't blame a democrat for the national civil rights grab going on.  Their hands have been tied.

The patriot act, the most restrictive abuses on American rights since the japanese internment camps, was conveniently written right before 9/11 for a super duper conservative President.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2007, 07:23:15 PM »
Great argument.

There is that old liberal tradition in USA, going all the way back to the constitution I guess.

I see your point, but I also think that something that is only negative, definitely should be banned.

Cocaine is banned, why not cigarettes?

They're not equally dangerous, but they're both poisonous. And both kills.

-Hedge
everything should be legal and there should be no laws, no manditory helmuts and no speed limits fast or slow

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2007, 07:26:02 PM »
The Republicans have had both majorities, friend.  You can't blame a democrat for the national civil rights grab going on.  Their hands have been tied.

The patriot act, the most restrictive abuses on American rights since the japanese internment camps, was conveniently written right before 9/11 for a super duper conservative President.

i agree,, i never said the government over the last 6 years has been conservative.. but i think we should go back to it

the patriot act- its not abusing rights, its keeping us safe.. before 911 i could just hop on the subway, now i might get my bag checked.. no loss of rights there, they're not taking away any freedoms

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2007, 07:26:42 PM »
everything should be legal and there should be no laws, no manditory helmuts and no speed limits fast or slow

In theory, yes.  But the state paying for an extra 100,000 gimps a year who hurt themselves means my taxes go up.  There's a different angle on everything.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2007, 07:27:45 PM »
the patriot act- its not abusing rights, its keeping us safe.. before 911 i could just hop on the subway, now i might get my bag checked.. no loss of rights there, they're not taking away any freedoms

There are a lot of constitutional scholars and law professors, from both parties, who believe the 4th amendment of the Constitution has been EXACTLY taken away by the patriot Act.

Are they incorrect?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »
There are a lot of constitutional scholars and law professors, from both parties, who believe the 4th amendment of the Constitution has been EXACTLY taken away by the patriot Act.

Are they incorrect?

have any of right rights been taken away?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2007, 07:33:27 PM »

your kidding right? no speeding laws? what would happen if you could drive 90 down a city street.. should we allow murders too?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »
have any of right rights been taken away?

Wow.  You avoided answering my question by asking a question which I could not possibly answer because the patriot Act allows me to be tapped, searched, etc without ever being told.

It's like you shot yourself in the foot while handing me your wallet.  Nice!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2007, 07:38:58 PM »
Wow.  You avoided answering my question by asking a question which I could not possibly answer because the patriot Act allows me to be tapped, searched, etc without ever being told.

240 even you know that the govenment is watching every place you go on the internet .  they attach all sorts of tracking devices without your permission or knowledge.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2007, 07:46:42 PM »

someone listening to your phone calls does not take away any of you freedoms.. when the government says you cant use your phone anymore- then your rights/freedoms are being taken away.. theres a difference.... and a website designer isnt having his phone calls taped unless you've been hanging out at some terrorists cells.

new york has cameras all over the streets now,, i can still walk down the street like i did 10 years ago.. just because someone may be watching me or recording me doesnt change a thing about my life- therefore none of my rights have been taken away

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2007, 07:50:07 PM »
just because someone may be watching me or recording me doesnt change a thing about my life- therefore none of my rights have been taken away

Okay.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2007, 08:10:36 PM »
Wow, I guess all the billions in taxes and whatnot tobacco users pay to the government don't do anything. I guess all those scientists that smoke must actually be retards. Oh, and I've only been sick a few times in my life, usually catching the flu from someone else. Same with my Uncle, who's been smoking for a long time.

Case re-opened.;)

smoking is addictive...Scientist can get addicated just the same as anyone else...
How many scientists have tried to stop smoking and couldn't? I don't know the answer but i could take a guess that its a large percentage...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2007, 08:12:19 PM »
Yes I do smoke and no not around jacks. I wont let her see me doing it. What can I say..IM an NRA member and believe the right to bear arms..

What are you afraid your precoius princess will see what kind of a jacksass you really are?  She will be so proud of you when she grows up "look at my mom the chain smoking, gun toteing ditz, maybe you should start chewing tobbaco, for the final red-neck touch.

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2007, 08:13:54 PM »
I guess Kh doesn't believe in the right to privacy, which in all intentive purposes is being invaded for all the right reasons the wrong way.

Wombat, smoking is a choice. Just like, say, putting a gun to your head, taking AAS, smoking weed, jacking off, drinking a beer...

Luv2Hurt, you just basically equated everyone who smokes and owns firearms to rednecks. Good job showing how truly ignorant and biased you are.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »
Glad you got the point genius

newmom

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2007, 08:17:25 PM »
Well I am a hypocrite and don't want her thinking it is OK. Owning a gun does not make a person a red neck but thanks for your feed back. Wait the final touch should be a lawn chair in the front yard with some teeth missing..

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2007, 08:19:56 PM »
I heard a story about a town in bangor, Maine and new jersey also trying..

Now everyone keep an open mind (I know I will get trashed for it)

Smoking in cars with children present. Now, I don't believe a parent should smoke in a car or in the house with children present but that is the parents choice. I really feel strongly, the gov't is infringing on our constitutional rights. Anyone that does smoke in front of children (i.e. in the car with them in it is just a dumbass). Yes I do smoke and no not around jacks. I wont let her see me doing it. What can I say..IM an NRA member and believe the right to bear arms..

I think if your re-read your post...You have the answer right in front of you...The fact that you won't even allow your kids to see you doing this is a huge "tell"...I'm guessing its because you don't want it to influence your kids in starting to smoke...If thats the case, then you agree that not only smoking hurts people but also second hand smoke...And if alot of the dumbasses of the world(as you called them) won't protect their kids like you do, don't you think that maybe someone should step in...If you knew of someone sexually abusing a child, wouldn 't you step in?  Do you believe that Britney Spears should have the right to drive around with her infant sitting in her lap? Not many years ago no one would have bat an eye..Should we go back to that time and erase that law about children...I'm guessing you would say so...And we can all just call them dumbasses and let them do whatever they want with their kids...

Parents don't own their kids...They give birth to them...Kids have rights and they should be protected at all costs...Kids should have more laws passed to protect them from not only people in general but also their parents...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2007, 08:20:11 PM »
It's really sad when you hear a child say something like "here are your cigarettes, mommy".

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2007, 08:21:46 PM »
What about "Here's your beer dad"?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2007, 08:23:09 PM »
What about "Here's your beer dad"?

that's bad too.  Also when kids talk about jail like it's no big deal.  Sad.

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2007, 08:25:05 PM »
Why is the Government intervening? because they have to subsidize all the medical costs associated with the problems directly caused by smoking , to they're trying to nip the problem in the bud , every year more people die from smoking related problems than people in the American Revolution , American Civil War , World War I , World War II , Korea , Vietnam and both Gulf wars COMBINED almost half a million a year every year .
Um...the death toll of WWII was roughly 50 million(military and civilian)...which is a tad bit over half a million. Heck, England alone lost over a million men in that war, and they're just an island.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2007, 08:26:54 PM »
Well I am a hypocrite and don't want her thinking it is OK. Owning a gun does not make a person a red neck but thanks for your feed back. Wait the final touch should be a lawn chair in the front yard with some teeth missing..

Well smoking, owning GUNS and being a NRA member sure smells red-neck to me, just calling a spade a spade.  

newmom

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2007, 08:27:18 PM »
wombat

yes smoking hurts and kills. It's a nasty habit to break. I still don't think the government should infringe on my rights. I wont harm my child and will do anything to protect her. Yes if I know for a fact someone is being abused of course I would say something. On another note, spanking a child on the hand or bottom and I mean a light spank is no reason to call child abuse hotline like so many do now. No i don't hit my child, but spanking is so taboo now and these young kids I read about that pop off to their teachers just have no respect. Now beating a child is something I would definitely go to authorities to. I see where u are getting at wombat. Am I infringing on someones rights because lets say I see a woman beating her child in a restroom at a restaraunt.