Author Topic: Luke Wood ... There is still time  (Read 77888 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: luke wood..there is still time
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2007, 11:33:53 PM »
a
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Stavios

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2007, 11:36:35 PM »
it's time for the hater to shut the fuck up !

as you see in those pics, Luke in top shape looks amazing  8)

AVBG

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2007, 11:42:34 PM »
I understand the points you guys are making about Luke's structure - it's true that his lines aren't as round and pleasing as other pros, but look at Markus Ruhl as an example of a mass monster who has done very well despite not having perfect lines.

Also, what is this about lack of proportionality equating to poor genetics?  Rich Gaspari and Luke both have the ability to pack on tons of muscle mass and get shredded - is that not a good genetic trait?  People say Gaspari didn't have good genetics and meanwhile few bodybuilders could ever be that conditioned.  Luke is pretty grainy and also displays top caliber conditioning at his best.

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/nypro2005pjpics.html

When Luke is "ON" conditioning wise, he will have respectable placings at pro contests thanks to his mass and stature.  At 5'11 and his current competition weight he is making a lot of other pros look small.  If he keeps his waist and midsection tight he will do very well.

Well said Matt :)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2007, 11:48:38 PM »

as you see in those pics, Luke in top shape looks amazing  8)
everyone in top shape looks amazing jerkoff

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2007, 12:03:53 AM »
Well some may find that funny, but i look at it as being invited to the most prestigious show in the world!!! Maybe i will get an invite to your 5th birthday party also! ;D
you'd fit in real well.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2007, 12:52:19 AM »
The whole message was basically the same but only kept the bolded part because it was the core idea.......This is obviously not aimed just you, it's most people on the board who try and pull down successful people.

My question is why? Why in the world would he want to "balance his lifestyle"? It's his job. Not a hobby. He's not taken up raquetball on the weekends and is getting a little too angry about loosing to the boss every week. Or spending too much money on components for his new mountain bike.

Holy crap. That's like saying to me: Hey Garraeth, you program on the internet too well but you aren't Bill Gates. You might want to stop for a while so you can balance out your lifestyle a bit because you're wasting your time.
So you want me to stop doing what I love, and something I am better at than 99% of the world? What makes me money? What give me pride and a sense of daily accomplishment? Just because I'm not Bill Gates or Serge Brinn?

amazing...

the only thing that is amazing is your complete inabaility to get both my post and the BB lifestyle/worklife into perspective. Your analogy couldnt be more wrong. to just show you as an example of how wrong it is- and not the only thing that doesnt apply about your statement is that any programmer can make a good living- nay great living. The reason being that there is room, and need for a whole range of progrsmmers and competencies in that area...all of which pay good to excellent.

The analogy doesnt even come close to being an analogy.

fuck me there are some dumb asses on this board.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2007, 12:56:06 AM »
everyone in top shape looks amazing jerkoff

exactly.

markus ruhl has done real well through BB and is set for retirement isnt he?....because if he isnt then that argument makes no sense whatsoever.

there is only a handful of BB that have used the sport to secure their futures...and most have been very marketable, or very successful...and they were very smart and disciplined with their $ earnt and future planning.

oh and alot of them actually had skills and qualifications to take them somewhere after their stint.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2007, 12:57:25 AM »
um...ok, you're a moron. That was a complete non-response.

nice comback. did you not understand what i wrote. my double engineering degree and day job in aerospace tells me that im no moron. what's your excuse?.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2007, 01:21:44 AM »
Winning shows is great but not everything!! I may never win Mr Olympia, Arnold Classic or for that matter any pro show, but i go into everyshow to win and give my all!!! There are alot of ways to make money in this sport!! Some of the best physiques of all time who won many shows, only made prize money, but they were not marketable or build much of a fan base because basically they were an A-HOLE!!  Alot of successful Pro's made good money with there knolwegde, they did alot of seminars, they gave everyone the time of day which builds a fan base, they are humble, they guest pose in shape and put on great performances, they speak very well, they have a marketable look etc.

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2007, 02:28:43 AM »
Winning shows is great but not everything!! I may never win Mr Olympia, Arnold Classic or for that matter any pro show, but i go into everyshow to win and give my all!!! There are alot of ways to make money in this sport!! Some of the best physiques of all time who won many shows, only made prize money, but they were not marketable or build much of a fan base because basically they were an A-HOLE!!  Alot of successful Pro's made good money with there knolwegde, they did alot of seminars, they gave everyone the time of day which builds a fan base, they are humble, they guest pose in shape and put on great performances, they speak very well, they have a marketable look etc.

Luke- glad to see you still post here.  This was a good response.  I get some criticism from others about my potential to compete in bodybuilding (hope to do the Colorado next year).   What you say above really hits home with me.  People who criticize me don't realize that I really don't have any illusions that I'll ever win even the Mr. Colorado.-- I just do it because I have a passion for the sport and want to do the best I can at it.  Because I may not have the structure to win a show doesn't mean I'd quit doing it.

YOu are all class- thanks for responding to this thread.

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2007, 02:52:38 AM »
My pleasure bro! and good luck!! ;)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2007, 05:03:35 AM »
a
Bodybuilding Pro.com

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2007, 05:22:47 AM »
Luke Wood is a champion person not a champion bodybuilder.

Give the guy a break!  He may never be a Jay or a Ronnie, that is a given.  Luke will always just be simple, friendly, humble Luke, period. 

Milos has destroyed what could have been a mediocre physique.  He now resembles an asymmetrical, bloated and distorted monster; "What have you done to this poor soul Milos?''

It is time for the Luke haters to crawl back into there holes.  Leave this red-faced neanderthal to rot in Milos' Stew. 

Let the haters hate!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2007, 06:01:33 AM »
nice comback. did you not understand what i wrote. my double engineering degree and day job in aerospace tells me that im no moron. what's your excuse?.

Meltdown :-\

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2007, 06:47:03 AM »
Luke Wood is a champion person not a champion bodybuilder.

Give the guy a break!  He may never be a Jay or a Ronnie, that is a given.  Luke will always just be simple, friendly, humble Luke, period. 

Milos has destroyed what could have been a mediocre physique.  He now resembles an asymmetrical, bloated and distorted monster; "What have you done to this poor soul Milos?''

It is time for the Luke haters to crawl back into there holes.  Leave this red-faced Neanderthal to rot in Milos' Stew. 

Let the haters hate!

I really am not sure how to take your post! You raise some good points, so thankyou, but on the other hand asymmetrical,bloated, distorted, red faced Neanderthal!!! ??? ::)

One thing for sure and i really am fed up with reading this crap!! But Milos has NOTHING but show how to be a better bodybuilder and better person all round!! Milos is my closet friend and not for one second do i blame him for my not so good placings of late. Milos is a book of knowledge and an incredible trainer who has taught me so much, but he not JESUS CHRIST!! if i get ill before a show than you guys automatically think it must be the guy helping me!!! but i have just had a string of bad luck, that i will not let get me down and i will be back next year with the best package Luke Wood can present! I competed in probably too many shows, stayed under 8% BF for 2 years and most of the time 6%! i guess posed in other countries and i flew on 64 aeroplanes in 2 years! different climates from country to country and as a result my immune system went down and i got ill. This has nothing to do with Milos! If it wasn't for Milos i would not have competed at all this year! Blame me, no one else!! When i flew out of Australia to Oklahoma for eg. It took over 23hrs with all the stops. 3 planes! the temp in Australia when i flew out was over 100 and the temp in Oklahoma was -2!!! Now that alone can make you come down with a virus at the best if times!! But as i said i am a professional! i take this on the chin! i will be back and as long as you guys are talking about me even if it is negative than thats fine, because you are still talking about me! To my fans here! THANKYOU ALL!!! i come here because of you!

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2007, 06:51:49 AM »
 ;)

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2007, 06:53:27 AM »
 ;)

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2007, 06:57:39 AM »
Luke if you've been so sick, don't you think it'd be wise to lay off the sauce for awhile?
Enjoy your dish...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2007, 01:08:20 PM »
Luke if you've been so sick, don't you think it'd be wise to lay off the sauce for awhile?

Good idea.

Or maybe he could go on even more insuline to get all the medication and roids and foods into the system faster.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2007, 01:17:28 PM »
;)
Personaly i think you are thicker than before. But,your abs disappear totaly. That makes you look really brocky. Thats why you ended up dead end at Arnold.
In this way, i think peak of Hide is now also. I think he will get thicker also like you. But also he will get blockier.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »
Personaly i think you are thicker than before. But,your abs disappear totaly. That makes you look really brocky. Thats why you ended up dead end at Arnold.
In this way, i think peak of Hide is now also. I think he will get thicker also like you. But also he will get blockier.

Hide should put on some quality and not play the sizegame.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2007, 01:37:49 PM »
Hide should put on some quality and not play the sizegame.
Yeah. But his quality is already good. In Ironman,he was the most shredded guy in the line up.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2007, 01:43:10 PM »
Yeah. But his quality is already good. In Ironman,he was the most shredded guy in the line up.

Hey kyomu, send me a link to some ozawa pics.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »
Hey kyomu, send me a link to some ozawa pics.
Ogawa has his Bulletin board site. But, I am not sure where you can see his pic now.

http://web4.climo.jp/bbs/?bid=112216&rest=1174769139

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2007, 01:49:02 PM »
Ogawa has his Bulletin board site. But, I am not sure where you can see his pic now.

http://web4.climo.jp/bbs/?bid=112216&rest=1174769139

ahh ogawa.

The one i was thinking about was madoko ozawa.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D