Author Topic: Alexxx' Training Logg  (Read 36422 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Alexxx' Training Logg
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 01:53:50 AM »
barbell curls with armblaster 135x15 RP
two arm hammer curls 45x15
leg press 865x6 540x25
standing calf raises 500x7
leg press for hammies 270x26 RP

Some things you should know.. I don't count the machine's weight. I decided to train legs hard again. For calfs there is a 5 second negative and a 15 second stretch at bottom position for all reps! I stretch at the end of ever exercise and I do cardio and abs 5-6 times a week.

Good work mate, keep it up.

See uv put quads b4 hammies and calves, diff from the DC order?

That 5 second negative is bareable, its the 15 second stretch that gets u lol. Tho somehoe last week i was hurting then suddenly went into the zone, and the pain seemed suddenly less and i just kept repping lol.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 02:06:55 AM »
I just started week 3 yesterday. did the chest/shoulder/tris/back width/back thickness i under an hour.

Had to switch one of my chest exercise that id usually do on another day as i didnt have spotter, but its all good.

Once again i got 15 reps or more on everything and am upping weight again for next time.

Tho i dont go to failure on deadlifts if i get 12 reps in 1st set, and 6-8 in the second i up the weight.

Im liking having 3 workouts for above body parts group aswell as 3 workouts for bi/hammy etc day.

KNowing that i only deadlift etc once every 2 weeks makes me go at it hard or i feel like iv wasted the workout.

Awesome

davie

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 06:47:39 AM »
big alexxx...

why are you always trying to stay lean? Just like the look and hate the dieting? Are you ever going to try to bulk up and put on some size for a few months or just stick with what you're doing?  ??? 

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2007, 08:52:09 AM »
big alexxx...

why are you always trying to stay lean? Just like the look and hate the dieting? Are you ever going to try to bulk up and put on some size for a few months or just stick with what you're doing?  ??? 

I try to do the same and stay lean.  Bodybuilding is about how you look, why look like shit 11 months of the year but amazing 1 month?  I'd rather look good all year round, healthier too.
It hasn't helped...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2007, 09:00:42 AM »
The WT ask some good questions. First thing that always crosses my mind when seeing a pic of you is "When is this guy going to add some slabs of muscle and thicken that bod?". No disrespect given, but you seem to be counter productive by trying to keep lean all the time. Don't know how long you have been training, but you should be  heavier by at least 25lbs of pure muscle mass, than you are now. This all with-in the realm of one to two years, from the period you first started training with serious intent.

You might also consider the shoulder girdle, with focus on the lateral delt head. This also includes the lat's/back. Your frame looks average at best, so the idea would be to increase the width of the upper body. I believe you know all the Big Boy exercises that produce the most results in the shortest period of time. Something to think about if you want to reach anywhere near your full potential. But than again, that would be your choice.

Might also consider, that to give any program a fair test you should stay on it for a good 6 to 8 weeks. Two weeks is just a breaking in period for any workout plan. And 8 weeks is usually the cut off date, even if your still making some  progress. You want to stay one step ahead of the body before it can adapt to any exercise plan. Good Luck.
F

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2007, 09:22:54 AM »
The WT ask some good questions. First thing that always crosses my mind when seeing a pic of you is "When is this guy going to add some slabs of muscle and thicken that bod?". No disrespect given, but you seem to be counter productive by trying to keep lean all the time. Don't know how long you have been training, but you should be  heavier by at least 25lbs of pure muscle mass, than you are now. This all with-in the realm of one to two years, from the period you first started training with serious intent.

You might also consider the shoulder girdle, with focus on the lateral delt head. This also includes the lat's/back. Your frame looks average at best, so the idea would be to increase the width of the upper body. I believe you know all the Big Boy exercises that produce the most results in the shortest period of time. Something to think about if you want to reach anywhere near your full potential. But than again, that would be your choice.

Might also consider, that to give any program a fair test you should stay on it for a good 6 to 8 weeks. Two weeks is just a breaking in period for any workout plan. And 8 weeks is usually the cut off date, even if your still making some  progress. You want to stay one step ahead of the body before it can adapt to any exercise plan. Good Luck.

Yeah no disrespect in anyway. Alexxx brings it when he wants to. At least he's not a blow hard like some people on this board. I do feel though, since last years mr.getbig, that he should be at least 10-15lbs heavier even if he was on the same diet. He has potential to put on some weight if he wants to. I just was curious. I know some people love looking lean but you can gain some size without exceeding 10-11% body fat if you're keeping your diet spot on like I know he does.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 05:08:54 PM »
Today I had one hour of sleep! 8)

flat dumbell press: 110x11 RP 20 sec negative
behind the neck millitary: 155x8 RP
reverse grip benches: 205x8 RP
Super wide grip chin up bwx9 RP
Deadlifts 315x8
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 05:12:28 PM »
Good work mate, keep it up.

See uv put quads b4 hammies and calves, diff from the DC order?

That 5 second negative is bareable, its the 15 second stretch that gets u lol. Tho somehoe last week i was hurting then suddenly went into the zone, and the pain seemed suddenly less and i just kept repping lol.

davie

That was just a mix up. I got excited that I went heavy again and didn't realize the mix up until after my last set. Funny cause some guys in the back where like "he is crazy" hahaha

I just started week 3 yesterday. did the chest/shoulder/tris/back width/back thickness i under an hour.

Had to switch one of my chest exercise that id usually do on another day as i didnt have spotter, but its all good.

Once again i got 15 reps or more on everything and am upping weight again for next time.

Tho i dont go to failure on deadlifts if i get 12 reps in 1st set, and 6-8 in the second i up the weight.

Im liking having 3 workouts for above body parts group aswell as 3 workouts for bi/hammy etc day.

KNowing that i only deadlift etc once every 2 weeks makes me go at it hard or i feel like iv wasted the workout.

Awesome

davie

Yes! I love it! I am looking better than ever because of the rest and heavy weights!
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2007, 05:14:09 PM »
As for the lean part I am a bodybuilder! 8)

Besides I have to give a life owning to Billy boy soon. My waist is tiny now and my chest is getting very tight against my shirts. :)
just push some weight!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 03:31:51 AM »
Looking good mate!!
Iv got Incline Db
Upright Row (with pause at top)
dips or bench dips
pulldowns to back of head
T-bar rows (tho i think im gona switch that up).

Im using mainly free weight movements mate (i only really need spotter on the chest shoulder etc day, so only need spotter once one week and twice the next), what about u??

Due to bad ankle im gonna hav to keep quad exercise at BB hacks,unilateral leg press, front squat for the moment. Was thinking once i stall on unilateral leg press i might do back to normal 2 legged leg press (weight stack only goes to 150kg's) and literally leg press for 100 reps rest paused lol.

Hows ure diet side going, are u using carb cut-offs?

davie

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 08:10:02 AM »
Looking good mate!!
Iv got Incline Db
Upright Row (with pause at top)
dips or bench dips
pulldowns to back of head
T-bar rows (tho i think im gona switch that up).

Im using mainly free weight movements mate (i only really need spotter on the chest shoulder etc day, so only need spotter once one week and twice the next), what about u??

Due to bad ankle im gonna hav to keep quad exercise at BB hacks,unilateral leg press, front squat for the moment. Was thinking once i stall on unilateral leg press i might do back to normal 2 legged leg press (weight stack only goes to 150kg's) and literally leg press for 100 reps rest paused lol.

Hows ure diet side going, are u using carb cut-offs?

davie

Hey Davie that looks like a solid routine. I never used spotters on my program except for when I tried 205 pound millitary presses behind the neck and even then I did it myself cause my spotter was really just a newb and didn't understand how to spot properly.

It is good to have a spotter for benches so you can end on a negetive.

Diet is 200g protein with carb cutoffs!
just push some weight!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 08:12:08 AM »
Hey Davie that looks like a solid routine. I never used spotters on my program except for when I tried 205 pound millitary presses behind the neck and even then I did it myself cause my spotter was really just a newb and didn't understand how to spot properly.

It is good to have a spotter for benches so you can end on a negetive.

Diet is 200g protein with carb cutoffs!

At?  ???

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 09:48:06 AM »
just push some weight!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
I am 220 right now.

How tall are you again? You're a lean ass 220.  :o

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 10:06:17 AM »
How tall are you again? You're a lean ass 220.  :o

I am 6'4". I think the ideal weight for me would be around 250 at 5% bodyfat.
just push some weight!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »
I am 6'4". I think the ideal weight for me would be around 250 at 5% bodyfat.

DAMN! I was starting to becomea little disheartened when I thought I had an idea as to what I was going to look like at 6'@220 when I'm close to finishing cutting.  :( When are you going to aggressively put on size?!  ???

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 10:56:07 AM »
DAMN! I was starting to becomea little disheartened when I thought I had an idea as to what I was going to look like at 6'@220 when I'm close to finishing cutting.  :( When are you going to aggressively put on size?!  ???

I am already working on it my friend. ;)
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 12:53:21 PM »
incline db curls 50x16 RP
behind back wrist curls 135x15
calf sled 270x8
one leg curls lvl6x25 RP
squat machine 450x20
just push some weight!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2007, 02:17:04 PM »
So what u think about using DC methods with exercises like cleasn,hang clean and press??

Could be awesome?!

davie

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2007, 02:42:25 PM »
Also what do u think about the idea of v high (100 reps/5 mins mayb) leg press for an alternative, tho still using the rest/pause. Only as option due to set weight stack on leg press.

davie

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2007, 03:01:33 PM »
I think both those ideas have some merit. With DC the idea is to get stronger everytime so a full movement for the shoulders like the clean and press work great! I don't think cleans by themselves are enough that is why I would add the press.

Also the leg press is a good idea. Who ever said that you had to go too heavy on those? Set yourself a number goal and try to reach it. You should be able to do 100 reps with 4 wheels a side nonstop but next time you have to do 405!
just push some weight!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2007, 06:11:42 PM »
Today I had one hour of sleep! 8)

flat dumbell press: 110x11 RP 20 sec negative
behind the neck millitary: 155x8 RP
reverse grip benches: 205x8 RP
Super wide grip chin up bwx9 RP
Deadlifts 315x8
Why did u only sleep one hour?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2007, 06:59:59 PM »
Why did u only sleep one hour?

Couldn't fall asleep.
just push some weight!

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2007, 12:49:12 AM »
Couldn't fall asleep.

Take ZMA.  Or valerian root.  ZMA seems to make my sleep more restful, doesn't help with getting to sleep though.
It hasn't helped...

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2007, 02:36:47 AM »
I think both those ideas have some merit. With DC the idea is to get stronger everytime so a full movement for the shoulders like the clean and press work great! I don't think cleans by themselves are enough that is why I would add the press.

Also the leg press is a good idea. Who ever said that you had to go too heavy on those? Set yourself a number goal and try to reach it. You should be able to do 100 reps with 4 wheels a side nonstop but next time you have to do 405!

yeh i thought they could work 2. It sounds weird but im almost looking foreward to stalling on an exercise as iv got interesting alternatives waiting to try DC style (e.g. hang clean and press....high pulls etc).

My leg press in the gym has a set weight stack that only goes to 150kg's (thats y iv been doing them one leg at a time), thats my reason for considering a 100+ rep set, or just pressing for like 5 mins (only gonna b used wen i stall on another leg exercise).

davie