Author Topic: Niners pick up 3 defensive starters!  (Read 12320 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Niners pick up 3 defensive starters!
« on: March 06, 2007, 10:41:59 AM »
Michael Lewis-SS from the Eagles
Nate Clemmons-CB from Buffalo
Aubrayo Franklin-NT from Baltimore

Now if we could just trade up and get Calvin Johnson!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Niners pick up 3 defensive starters!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 10:46:50 AM »
Great signings.  Also signed Ashley Lelie.  Very happy about that.   :)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:11:03 AM »
Franklin never started for the Ravens. He backed up Kelly Gregg and played about 5-10 snaps a game.

Just an FYI.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 07:04:03 AM »
Way to overpay for mediocrity!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 07:57:31 AM »
Way to overpay for mediocrity!
Compared to what we had, it's an improvement. And if their record reflects a winning season with a chance to make the playoffs, the "overpay" will work itself out by putting people in the seats to watch home games. BTW, whose your team?

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 09:44:50 AM »
Compared to what we had, it's an improvement. And if their record reflects a winning season with a chance to make the playoffs, the "overpay" will work itself out by putting people in the seats to watch home games. BTW, whose your team?

After playing fantasy football, I stopped rooting for just one team in the NFL and more for individual players.  I like the Colts, Patriots, and Cowboys.  While it looks odd to root for rivals, I like the teams they have.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 10:15:04 AM »
I've been playing fantasy football since 1989 and it always kills me when I have to start a player against the Niners.
But I love fantasy football and it has urged me to watch more games that would seem meaningless to other Niner fans.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 10:49:56 PM »
Can't wait for next season.

Finally, we're making our way back BABY!
HAHA, RON.....

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 12:56:03 PM »
Kinda hope they trade away their 1st and 2nd, and maybe even 3rd round picks to move up and try and get Calvin Johnson. Need a premier WR real bad.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 01:03:03 PM »
We also need a pass rusher, a Offensive Coordinator, and more Offensive linemen.   But other then that everything is peachy! 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 01:26:09 PM »

49er fans are pathetic they only show up when their team is buying championships ::)

overpaying for mediocrity will hurt them down the road which will be even less butts in the seats ;)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 01:27:56 PM »
We also need a pass rusher, a Offensive Coordinator, and more Offensive linemen.   But other then that everything is peachy! 

too bad you can't buy them all like in 94 ;)

E
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 02:13:53 PM »
Still bitter about how pathetic the steelers were last year and how your prediction didn't happen?

they lost to the 2-14 Raiders   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Are you still holding on the "I predicted" their last super bowl line?

You need to build a bridge and get over it.

Steelers fans:   They are poor, low income, drunk, overweight, mullet having, El Camino driving, front teeth missing, unemployed sheet metal workers with 3rd grade educations and suffering from too much inbreeding. 

But not you Earl,  you're just a jackass   ;) 

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 03:04:08 PM »
49er fans are pathetic they only show up when their team is buying championships ::)
Most fans who have teams in warm weather climate are pathetic. Don't believe me? Try teams (not just football) in Florida, Arizona, Southern California. When there is more to do in nice weather, they would rather do that then go to a game that their team could possibly lose. Personally I would go to every 9er home game if I could afford it.

overpaying for mediocrity will hurt them down the road which will be even less butts in the seats ;)
That's only if the 9ers REALLY suck. But with this new stadium deal in the works, it could bring in more fans.
Candlestick Park (as I know it) is a very old facility. It really sucks at providing great food, and concessions overall. And the traffic, if not already bad enough in the Bay Area, is worse when they play a home game because there is only one way in and one way out.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 03:11:14 PM »
too bad you can't buy them all like in 94 ;)

E
Come on Earl, the only real "big" signing that year was Deion Sanders. Everyone else was already in place. There were, count them, SEVEN starters with 2 years or less on that team. So 1/3 of the starters were essentially rookies or 1 year pros. How many teams could say that, that won a SUPERBOWL?

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 03:12:16 PM »
Last years QB coach is the new OC. He will run the same offense.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 03:29:03 PM »
Still bitter about how pathetic the steelers were last year and how your prediction didn't happen?

they lost to the 2-14 Raiders   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Are you still holding on the "I predicted" their last super bowl line?

You need to build a bridge and get over it.

Steelers fans:   They are poor, low income, drunk, overweight, mullet having, El Camino driving, front teeth missing, unemployed sheet metal workers with 3rd grade educations and suffering from too much inbreeding. 

But not you Earl,  you're just a jackass   ;) 

my prediction didn't come true because i underestimated big ben's accident

one more win though and they still would've made the playoffs in the brutal afc

49er fans and all of san francisco = gay capital of the US 8)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 03:31:12 PM »
Come on Earl, the only real "big" signing that year was Deion Sanders. Everyone else was already in place. There were, count them, SEVEN starters with 2 years or less on that team. So 1/3 of the starters were essentially rookies or 1 year pros. How many teams could say that, that won a SUPERBOWL?

yeah they were already in place because the 49ers paid them well before 94 ;)

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 04:03:14 PM »
yeah they were already in place because the 49ers paid them well before 94 ;)
Wrong again Earl. With plan A free agency in 1993, which instituted the 1st year of the salary cap, teams could only afford to keep players they could afford to pay. That meant that the start of the trimming of high paid veterans and underacheiving players. Try again.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 04:05:55 PM »
Wait a minute..........don't you suck Levrones dick?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 04:26:09 PM »
my prediction didn't come true because i underestimated big ben's accident

in others words your prediction was WRONG.

one more win though and they still would've made the playoffs in the brutal afc

You mean if they'd have beat the 2-14 Raiders they would have made it?

Even if they did, they would have lost in the first round Big BEN and all.

Is that what helps Pittsburgh fans sleep better at night in their lumpy mattresses, worn out sheets, stinky moldy homes, and nappy  mullets to just think all of SF are 100% gay?   

What ever takes the edge off of your pitiful reality...then more power to you.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 05:08:17 PM »
Wait a minute..........don't you suck Levrones dick?

I point out that he's the best bodybuilder but around here that is considered "sucking dick" ::)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 05:09:08 PM »
Wrong again Earl. With plan A free agency in 1993, which instituted the 1st year of the salary cap, teams could only afford to keep players they could afford to pay. That meant that the start of the trimming of high paid veterans and underacheiving players. Try again.

and as the salary cap years grew they became an embarrassment :)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 05:12:53 PM »
in others words your prediction was WRONG.

You mean if they'd have beat the 2-14 Raiders they would have made it?

Even if they did, they would have lost in the first round Big BEN and all.

Is that what helps Pittsburgh fans sleep better at night in their lumpy mattresses, worn out sheets, stinky moldy homes, and nappy  mullets to just think all of SF are 100% gay?   

What ever takes the edge off of your pitiful reality...then more power to you.

they didn't make the playoffs but they were still better than the 9ers and they would've atleast made the nfc championship if they played in the nfc

your 9ers would be picking top 3 if they played in the afc, also lets not forget they play in the worst division in the nfc ;D

everything you said about pittsburgh is what you want to think ::)

me saying san francisco is the gay capital of the US is fact and common knowledge around the country :D :D :D :D :D

E
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 06:39:13 PM »
they didn't make the playoffs but they were still better than the 9ers and they would've at least made the nfc championship if they played in the nfc

your 9ers would be picking top 3 if they played in the afc, also lets not forget they play in the worst division in the nfc ;D

Yeah, what ever,  the debate isn't about whether the 9er's were better or worse than the steelers.  The point is how bad the steelers were.  and they flat out sucked.  they were a team coming off a super bowl and didn't even make the play offs while the 9er's improved.

everything you said about Pittsburgh is what you want to think ::)

me saying Sana Francisco is the gay capital of the US is fact and common knowledge around the country :D :D :D :D :D

E

It's not what think, it's a fact.  Pittsburgh is dam near a third world country.

It's not opinion, it's facts:

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/42/4261000.html

check out the house hold and income sections compared to the nation wide averages.  You are actually kind of like a third world city embedded in a 1st rate industrial country.

At least we know where we can our cheap uneducated common manual labor replacements when we totally kick out all the illegal immigrants.

Of course if you people from Pittsburgh had something above a 3rd grade education as a whole, you might know stuff like that.  With the exception of your self, most Pittsburghers probably are still using manual typer writers