Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 366936 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2007, 08:58:59 PM »
Thanks buddy. I've really slammed the cals down too now that I'm on and the weight is coming slowly. Which is telling me I'm not holding the water I did the first time when my weight BLEW up. You don't look very stout being 6'@244 unfortunately.  :-\ My time will come eventually if I stick to it. I got here after a year and a couple months of SERIOUS training going 6 days a week when I started out at around 203. Not bad for a years work.  :)  Strength has always come easy for me, but size has been hard to put on. Even at 4k cals a day, it's slowly coming.
you're 6'0" 244?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2007, 09:17:20 PM »
yep. Which is why I'm busting ass and sending my cycle 15 weeks to get to 260 and hopefully keep the same BF percentage. I guess my bad back pic would have given abit more perspective if I was standing next to something for comparison. 

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2007, 06:24:41 AM »
I went ahead and changed my shot cycle to something more conventional. Because so many people do the usual E3d or once a week on depot shots, I'm cutting my shots to 300test e and 200deca E3d. I WAS following the half life theory but I'm just not feeling it. No growth that I've experienced in the past, no added appetite like I used to have while on, nothing that leads me to think that the theory does more than a minimal raise in NORMAL test levels. So from this point forward, I'm taking 300/200 shots every third day to see how that goes. I'm also taking .50mg of letro EOD to keep estro sides down BUT to keep from totally knocking out the estro gains completely. I'll move to 1.25mg ed if I start to see gyno AND when I come off cycle I'll bump up the dosage for two weeks.

CHEST

flat bench:
135x15x1
315x12x1
365x8x1  I realized that last week..I hit the goal I was after.
315x15x1 I just wanted the reps and the blood flush from these 315 sets.

seated chest press machine:

300x12x3

cable cross overs
:
mid/low cable cross overs infront of my neck. I REALLY feel it in my pecs and middle chest without my delts getting too much action.

50lbs per sidex12x2 just to feel the muscle. I don't really try to BUILD with this exercise.

TRICEPS

french presses: weening myself off the machine. LOVING these. 135x10x3n supersetted with lighter kick backs...50lbsx10x3
  FRENCH PRESSES WERE DONE ON THE FLOOR OFF A MAT! THIS ALLOWS ME TO USE HEAVIER WEIGHTS, GET SET, AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A SPOTTER OR KICKING IT BACK! Something to consider if you want to to this exercise! Saw a video demostration of it and loved it!

v-handle pressdowns:
180lbsx10x2

SHOULDERS: wanted rep work today...

upright rows:
135x10x1
185x15x2
225x3x1

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2007, 09:08:24 PM »
Today I think I might have had a slight seperation in my lower left pec from my sternum. I felt a pop at the bottom of my second set. I racked, paused, and did my usual medical eval. There was no pain, no visible or palpable deformities, no discoloration, swelling, etc. I finished my workout with zero problems. If infact there were a problem, something would have been obvious by now. I've also developed some acute tendonitis in my left elbow and some have somehow strained my left bicep at the elbow. I think it's safe to say that after legs tomorrow, I'll be taking the next few days off to make sure everything is all said and well. I've pushed it too hard and too quickly and although I've made impressive gains in a short amount of time, I'm paying for it.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2007, 01:25:24 AM »
Hope the Pec is all good mate. That is some big weight there man, don't set yourself back with an injury  ;). I did my shoulder a few years back playing football and I'm always carefull of it now.

Great reading here man, very detailed :).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2007, 03:34:32 PM »
Doc cleared me for my pec. I told him about my on site eval and repeat every 5 or so minutes for any changes if any from the initial pop and nothing was found. He didnt' find anything to be alarmed over either. Sometimes things go and it's just part of getting old. I gave a nervous laugh, apparently my doc is a comedian lol. I was right on on my strained bicep diagnosis though. He said I could do lighter back work but nothing underhanded and ZERO direct bicep work til I'm sure there's no more talking going on in there. I was able to do legs today though...:D

LEGS

squats:
135x15x1
315x10x1
365x10x1 EASY!!!should've gone to 375 on the second set but the rep work felt great.
365x10x1
315x12x1

SLDL'S (midshin off the pins. Yes these are legit sldl's...all back and hams)
135x10x1
315x5x1
405x5x1
500x5x1
545x9x1 strapped but grip felt strong anyway.

LOL I now have "THE VEIN"..yeah..that big fucker that goes up my neck, UP THE SIDE OF MY FACE AND ALONG THE MIDDLE OF MY FOREHEAD! ONE BIG ONE! WTF!  >:(  My trainer buddy came over and poked at it and laughed when i was finished with my set...i wanted to pull his arms off. He said that he could crush my legs with a nasty legpress set and I agreed. I could use a wake up in my quads and was  I ever surprised...I shouldn't have said yes, because I knew he'd kill me just because it's me.

leg press WITH NO REST BETWEEN SETS

10platesx15x1 to 12platesx15x1 to 14platesx15x1 to 16platesx15x1 drop down to 14 platesx15x1 to 12platesx15x1 to 10platesx15x1...I was speechless. Normally I do sets of 10 with 22-30 plates but this, this was ridiculous. I did 120 reps non stop. My legs are still shaking even when writing this.

TRAPS

125X30X3 unilaterally These are not only helping my traps but making my NECK about as thick as my head at the base of my skull and wider than my head at my trap tie in.

No kaz shrugs today.. I don't want to risk aggrevating my bicep and no forearm work for the same reason.  :(

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »
I was right on on my strained bicep diagnosis though. He said I could do lighter back work but nothing underhanded and ZERO direct bicep work til I'm sure there's no more talking going on in there.

Oh noooooooo :o, don't go all Dorian Yates on us now  ;D.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2007, 04:30:14 PM »
LOL they're just getting a week off. I'm going to treat them like my shoulders for awhile when I start hitting them again and just give them 4 total sets after all my back day instead of 6 cutting down 4 total sets each week for them.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2007, 06:18:29 AM »
FELT GOOD TODAY! HIT IT HARD AND WITH ZERO PROBLEMS!  :D :D

BACK!

pulldowns:

140x10x1 warmup
265x10x1
285x10x1
285x7x1 

bent over barbell rows:

225x12x1warmup
315x10x1
335x8x1

NO T-BAR STATION AT THE NEW GYM DOWN THE STREET! WTF!  >:(
t-bar rows with closed grip v-handle in teh corner...

5platesx10x1
8platesx12x2

NO BICEP WORK TODAY! There was no pain in my bicep either this morning, so all seems well!

SHOULDERS!

seated military press:

135x10x1
225x8x1
255x6x2

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »
damn man...you're throwing around some serious weights there, I know I ask this alot but I honestly don't know anything about roids....how much stronger are you now than you were when you were natty?
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2007, 03:07:53 PM »
damn man...you're throwing around some serious weights there, I know I ask this alot but I honestly don't know anything about roids....how much stronger are you now than you were when you were natty?

my major movements like presses and such I've only gained reps here and there..

bench I've gained 3 reps at the top..getting 8 instead of 5
squats i've gone down in weight but more sets which isn't bad.
sldl's....a couple reps at the top.
back work i've gained 15lbs on the pull downs and now 10 on the bent over rows..
curls and such are the same
tricep work is the same
shoulder work is the same save upright rows...went up 25lbs LOL! :D

gained a few lbs but by the looks of things it's all in my gut HAHA! All that food I'm trying to eat. I like it because it helps my recovery like no other. I think I might change my split to ...

chest and tri's
back and bi's
legs
shoulders
off
repeat now..i've had this same routine for awhile...i wanna say a couple months.

on a side note..the new gym DOESN'T HAVE A T-BAR STATION and I got chastised for putting it against the wall becuase it warped a mirror in the corner. So it's move gyms or skip t-bars. I'll skip t-bars for awhile. I might also take a week off...I'm sure my body could use a little vacation though I'm scared of the strenght I'll lose if I do. Overall I don't think it's much more weight thrown around than I was when I was natty. I would've gotten there eventually, I just got there faster with AAS. Now I don't LOOK like the competitive bodybuilder but I'm pretty thick. I'm not on alot of shit either....600 test e and 400 deca which is nothing compared to most guys. Feels good.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2007, 07:32:38 PM »
I've been sitting here for the past hour reading my progress, notes, comments, etc. and based on how i've progressed, currently feel, look and the direction I want to go. I'm changing my split to the 4 on/1 off. I'm going with

chest/tri's
back/bi's
legs and traps
shoulders

I'm starting to see signs of overtraining and impeding injury. I'm getting tendonitis in my elbow, I was stupid to try and climb a fucking 15'fire pole WITHOUT USING MY LEGS with some younger guys I know  which strained my bicep, and my shoulder that I injured last year, is telling me to calm the fuck down or it's going to bring all my hard work back down on me. I feel like this split will give myself time to still hit each body part frequently enough to keep my gains and get things going but give me a TINY big more time in regards to recovery. I HAVE however decided to not count warmup sets into the total working set scheme and just focus on working sets. MY legs, that were once impossible to beat down, are now taking longer for soreness to disipate. My body is screaming at me, it's time for me to pay attention to it. With being on and continuing to be so for another 12 weeks, I don't feel I'll lose much strength and if anythign will progress further after taking care to prevent injury and allow for more recovery. Each body part will get 4 days off before being attacked again. If it doesn't catch up by then, fuck it. I'm not cutting out my frequency any further.
     When it comes to training and my new thoughts. Here is the total set plan for each body part layed out for people following my log.

chest: 9 working sets for now..if I feel like I can get away with 12 I'll bump it up but for now, with my shoulder, I'll let it catch up before attacking it again. I plan to hit my chest from as many angles as I can just like every other body part.

back: There are no bounds for my back. I've got an awesome arsenal of exercises to hit it from every angle possible. I'm going to hit it with 12 sets with 3 sets of 4 different exercises each time I go at it. I plan to have 2 rowing exercises and to pull down exercises. My back plan has paid off thus far with monster weights and very nice detail for my body fat percentage. I loved BIG JOEL STUBBS thoughts and ideas on back training and agree with him after applying it.

legs: My back and my legs are my favorite body parts and it shows in my training. I plan on keeping on track with them as I always have and will continue pounding them into submission. They'll get 15 if not more total sets. They're a dense and large muscle group and this is what it has taken to get here. I'm sticking with the basics with them. Tom Platz's ideas I've taken to heart. Squats, Hacks, and SLDL's..period. There's no other exercises imho for my legs at this time.

bi's and tri's: too fucking tiny and get too much work to hit them like I have been. They're smaller than even my delts and I baby the shit out of my delts, why this hasn't dawned on me til now I don't know. They get 4 total sets each with 2 different exercises in my bag of tricks without using hte same exercise twice in a row. They're slow growers and now I think I've got'em peg'd but it's not the first time I've said this in my log either. Go figure.

traps and shoulders: Traps are blowing up on the current formula. I'm sticking with it. My delts however are still a little too small for my overall shape and not strong at all. They're not gaining strength anymore which tells me that they're getting humped too hard again. 6 total sets of work. 3 sets of uprights and 3 sets of seated military presses. They need to grow, compounds will do it. My rear delts look good in my pics I think and get enough work in my back to not really want to worry about them until they're overshadowed by another head.

not sure what else I can say at this moment...IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2007, 12:51:38 AM »

chest/tri's
back/bi's
legs and traps
shoulders

Yeah thats similar to the split I'm going with except I'm going to leave direct trap work out and just hit legs on day 4 and shoulders on day 3 :).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2007, 05:03:10 AM »
Yeah thats similar to the split I'm going with except I'm going to leave direct trap work out and just hit legs on day 4 and shoulders on day 3 :).

the reason I went that way instead of hte way you chose was because the delts are already getting belted during back and chest day so doing them the following day will results in slower gains and could leave me sitting on some dirty over training. COULD! Past experience for ME says it won't work well to my best advantage. HOWEVER if it works for you, go for it, ya lucky bastard lol

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2007, 05:23:53 PM »
the reason I went that way instead of hte way you chose was because the delts are already getting belted during back and chest day so doing them the following day will results in slower gains and could leave me sitting on some dirty over training. COULD! Past experience for ME says it won't work well to my best advantage. HOWEVER if it works for you, go for it, ya lucky bastard lol
Yeah I hear what you are saying, I'm only just getting back into it hardcore so I'll see how i go, if i find I'm beginning to lack energy or feel Overtraining setting in I'll prob just throw in an extra rest day 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2007, 03:12:47 PM »
Today I felt pretty shitty all morning but when it came time to play, I took a nap, carbed up, and felt good enough to hit the gym. I wanted to get a jump start on my new split and stuck to the rules I set for myself which got me in and out of there in under an hour. ZERO elbow pain or shoulder bullshit...WAS A GOOD DAY! Tried to push it a little harder today. I feel like I did well.

CHEST

flat bench:

135x15x1
315x10x1
365x8x1
385x1x1...just to know that I still could lol ;D
365x7x1  >:( couldn't pull one more out of my ass huh.

dumbbell flat bench:

90lbsx12x2 super slow with a pause at the bottom.

low cable flys (from low to high cross at the top of my chest/neck
60lbsx12x2

TRICEPS

laying skull crushers:

110x10x2

cable hammer grip press downs unilaterally:

60lbsx12x2  and my tri's were pretty much friend after all this and felt like I did well by my chest. I put all my effort into my benching, then clean it up with some lighter work at the end.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2007, 02:58:31 PM »
BROUGHT IT HOME TODAY BABY! TODAY WAS A GREAT DAY! Felt strong and pushed it hard! Still feeling like shit in teh mornings though. I think it's allergies or me TRYING to get sick. Either way, didn't have any effect on todays' workout.

BACK

hammer strength high rows (high pulls) unilateral pulls.... :   Haven't done this exercise for a few weeks now and decided it was time. I feel it hits a certain part of my middle back that no other exercise can do up to this point.

2platesx10x1 warmup
4plates per sidex10x1
4plates per sidex10x1
5plates per sidex5x1 NOT ONLY DID I HIT 4 PLATES FOR A PERSONAL BEST OF 10 BUT DID IT TWICE AND TURNED AROUND AND MOVED 5 PLATES! I knew then it was going to be a good day tater!  :D

bent over barbell rows:

135x10x1 to get it good and loose and get my form set
315x10x1
335x10x1 EASY MONEY BABY! THESE were easy when they should've been hard after the hammer rows. Some days you've just got it! LAST back day 335 was a struggle but I strapped in alot tighter today and THAT made the difference when my grip wasn't slipping.

seated cable rows: with a pair of press down single handles to allow rotation of the forearms from overhand to underhand during the pull...
270x10x1
270x10x1
300x5x1  after all the work I already did, I was surprised. Back ripped through the first two sets. It's good to be at the full stack again on this one.

plate loaded lat pulldowns:
new machine I've never seen before. First set was to feel it out and see how it felt and wether or not I liked it. I DID!
180x10x1
275x10x1
275x8x1

...after all that my back was fried. I feel like I stuck to my new criteria for my new routine and hit it hard enough with two pulling exercises and two rowing exercises.

BICEPS

machine curls:
80lbsx10x2

seated dumbbell hammer curls:
50lbsx10x1

after the pump from all the back work, it would've been a rookie mistake to keep hitting the bi's.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2007, 06:30:46 PM »
Yeah mate I'm having the same thing happen atm, think i'm gona change my split and go chest/Bi or something, just trying to find a grove atm :).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2007, 10:42:55 PM »
Yeah mate I'm having the same thing happen atm, think i'm gona change my split and go chest/Bi or something, just trying to find a grove atm :).
I hear ya. Change is a GOOD thing! :D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2007, 08:10:59 AM »

SHIT'S REALLY KICKING IN NOW!

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2007, 04:36:54 PM »
Hahahah is that actually your cat mate ;D.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2007, 05:14:21 AM »
Hahahah is that actually your cat mate ;D.
HAHA HELL NO! I got it from another thread on here! I got a kick out of it! :D I'm taking a few days off training. I've been feeling like I'm getting sick for awhile but it always goes away. Well yesterday, I tossed cookies, so until I start to feel better, I'm taking some time off.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2007, 05:33:21 AM »
Well yesterday, I tossed cookies, so until I start to feel better, I'm taking some time off.
lol yeah man that could be a "small sign" your getting sick, just chill for a bit mate and come back stronger than ever 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2007, 10:11:17 AM »
lol yeah man that could be a "small sign" your getting sick, just chill for a bit mate and come back stronger than ever 8).

I don't get it.  >:(  This morning I felt like hammered shit. Now I feel fine. No coughin, a little hoarse in the voice but the fever is down AND my sore throat went away. This has happened everyday for the past what....week?  >:(  If I feel peachy when I leave here, I'm not going to skip leg day. If I'm well enough to work, I'm well enough to bleed on the pretty new LA floor.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2007, 11:47:18 AM »
skipped yesterday and it turned out to be a good choice. I crashed for 12 hours LOL! Today was a decent day. I probably should've taken another day off but you know me...overall, I'm trying to decide if today was a good day or not. I felt very sluggish in the gym and the scripts are making me drowsy and feeling weak.

LEGS

squats:

135x10x1
315x10x1
405x10x1 YES! FINALLY! 10 REPS AT FULL DEPTH! AND it felt easy! Til I reracked it and started to want to yack all over the gym floor.
405x5x1  Wanted to sit under it again! Only got five reps before the nausea set back in, that's when I left well enough alone.

rack deads:

135x15x1
315x5x1
405x5x1
500x5x1
575x3x1 today i just went with what sounded good, I didn't feel like pushing it too hard.

barbell lunges:  Hadn't done these in awhile and wanted to get back in the groove. My foot feels great and doesn't hurt anymore so it's back to lunging! KILLS my hips but it's an exercise no one does, must mean it's hard. :D

135x10x3

just legs today...shoulders tomorrow.