Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 367767 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2007, 07:53:20 AM »
BACK IN THE SADDLE BABY!

SHOULDERS

upright rows:
135x10x1
185x10x1
225x6x1

barbell front raises:  (started doing these when I had to carry a friend out of the pool that hurt themselves. Felt weak as strong as I'm supposed to be so these are a practical must have due to the line of work that I do. )

80lbsx10x1
115lbsx10x2 ...new exercise..didn't push it.

TRAPS

kaz shrugs:

365x30x3 close grip, medium grip, wide grip for 10 reps each per set...

seated dumbbell unilateral shrugs:
125lbsx20x3

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2007, 09:47:42 PM »
Great lifting.  Any chance you're going to post a pic?  I'd be interested to see what your build is.  Someone pushing this kind of weight has gotta be a monster

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2007, 05:37:08 AM »
Great lifting.  Any chance you're going to post a pic?  I'd be interested to see what your build is.  Someone pushing this kind of weight has gotta be a monster

I posted a back shot about one or two pages back. I'm not a monster at all, just strong.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2007, 05:52:24 AM »
Little update as well. My bicep and elbow pain on the left side is gone. Thank god. The constant stretching of my shoulders has alleviated any and all irritation I started to feel in my shoulders. Apparenlty my chest and shoulder girl are so tight that I can't put my arms up and lean back in the hot tub and prop up on the side. I've dropped down to 242lbs.  :-[ :-[  I think this is due to me having been sick the past few days and still training then not eating as heavily as I should've. So today I've made a big effort to put down all my cals so far as directed. I'll pay for my laziness if I don't get it in gear. Still sick though. Antibiotics are kicking the snot outta my system and my fever is going down. Throat is still a little sore but I'm getting there. Tonight is my scheduled night off so I'm leaving it lie this evening.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2007, 12:33:49 AM »
I think this is due to me having been sick the past few days and still training then not eating as heavily as I should've.
Yeah it can make a big difference can't it. I've actually upped the amount of food I'm taking in atm and tbh i feel heaps better in the gym. It's just hard to remember to keep eating every 2-3 hours though  ;D.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2007, 05:27:56 AM »
Yeah it can make a big difference can't it. I've actually upped the amount of food I'm taking in atm and tbh i feel heaps better in the gym. It's just hard to remember to keep eating every 2-3 hours though  ;D.

Not if you're a big'n like me! I LOVE my food! HAHA! My bodyfat proves that point easily.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2007, 05:57:14 AM »
CHEST

flat bench:

135x15x1
315x10x1
365x10x1 oh HELL YEAH! GOTTA GET MEAN! FUCK TWO SETS OF 365! GIVE ME ONE SET OF 10! I've made my goal now. Now I just need to work on making those 10 reps 10 EASY reps. Not spitting and groaning the whole way through it. I said go for broke and not go for 2 sets of 8
365x5x1+2 RP This set was a beating. I thought my nose started to bleed and when I sat up thank god it was just sweat. Like THAT wouldn't be suspicious.
315x10x1

had my head in the game today baby!

Dumbbell flat bench:

90lbsx10x2  Slow and easy. My chest was shaking all over the place so I only did sets of 10. No reason to risk injury pushing it even with lighter weight. I paused deep in the hole and brought them together for a hard 2 second contraction. Really burned me out.  (went up 5lbs on this exercise  ;D)  My new goal is to handle the 100's easily in a month or so after wrecking me pecs on the flat. Once my system gets used to pushing 365 for bigger sets, I'll have to make changes somewhere. This is where I want to make them. I'm not going to be pushing more than 365 anytime soon. I'm not competeing in strongman and feel I can develop one helluva chest with this weight atm comparatively speaking ofcourse.

Cable flys:
60lbs per sidex12x2 

met my total sets per day for chest and blew it away on bench like I always try to. The other 4 sets I feel are just to burn it out and pump alot of blood into the area.

TRICEPS

laying french press: 135x8x2

hammer grip press downs: (unilateral)

85lbsx10x2  MADE A JUMP THERE! SURPRISED after all the benching.  ???

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2007, 04:41:58 PM »
no more french pressing..no matter how good it is for my tri's, it fucks my elbows up for a day or so later.

NOW THIS IS A FUCKING BACK DAY!!!

BACK!

plate loaded lat pulldowns:   The cable system was getting too easy and can't add weight on it. Discovered this baby and IT'S BEEN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! I can go farther than I ever could with a cable machine on this thing! and both sides move independently so I can't have one side of my back doing most of the work.  LOVE IT!

180lbsx10x1 (warmup)
325x10x1
325x8x1 SIIIIIIIIIIIIICK! LOVE IT!
Because the bar used to hit my chest, I wasn't able to get the contraction I get with this thing. My back gets a NASTY squeeze at the bottom of the movement.

bent over barbell rows:
135x10x1 (warmup)
315x10x1 easy...so I went for broke.
365x8x1 I DID IT! I WANTED IT AND LANDED IT! Got pissed though, I could've gotten 10 if I hadn't paused so long on the bottom of the 8th rep.  >:(
365X10X1 I FELT LIKE A GOD!  Then took two steps back from the barbell rack and puked in the trash can next to the water fountain. Talk about a fall from grace.  >:( >:( I GOT IT THOUGH!

gathered my shit together for some HS underhanded lat pulldownn. I like this. I feel a great stretch at the top of the movement as it pulls my scapula forward.

HS pulldowns: unilateral..

3platesx10x1
3plates and a quarter piecex8x1 failed out on both sides on the 9th rep..no more pull downs, my back had enough after the first set of plate loaded pulldowns.   >:( >:( >:(  I think the throwing up threw me...this exercise was weak.  >:(

HS rows:  still pissed they can't fit 6 plates on there because they have those new huge rubber coated pieces of shit. Means more reps I guess.
5plates per sidex10x1
5plates per sidex10x1
5plates per sidex10x1

BICEPS

seated dumbbell curls:
60lbsx8x1
60lbsx10x1 first set was a little easy so I had to bump it up the next one.

dumbbell preacher curls:

70lbsx10x1
70lbsx10x1

That was enough for me. I think it's safe to say I love the juice.  ;D

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2007, 05:31:15 PM »

Then took two steps back from the barbell rack and puked in the trash can next to the water fountain. Talk about a fall from grace.  >:( >:( I GOT IT THOUGH!

Hahahaha thats funny as hell but fully hardcore mate, go get em!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2007, 10:47:08 AM »
Hahahaha thats funny as hell but fully hardcore mate, go get em!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
HAHA yeah mean it was abit embarassing. I keep getting shit from my friends that go to the same gym that witnessed it lol. Assholes. Bad news though, whatever bug I had apparenlty gave me walking pneumonia and I'm on antibiotics until it clears up. I figured the symptoms read like pneumonia but last night and all day today i'm having to visably work to breath. I'm not panicing but it feels like I'm drowning when I lay down so I've been napping sitting up. Doc is giving me a shot of biotics to kill it tomorrow.  I'm still working out today. It hasn't made me run a fever yet, all it's done is make me cough and struggle breathing in certain positions so unless I start to funk out, the gym is a go today. Doc says take it easy, so I guess that means no 600lb DL attempts today.  :-\ ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2007, 04:24:34 PM »
No major problems wiht training today. Just some shortness of breath.

LEGS!!!

squats:

135x15x1
315x10x1
405x10x1 wasn't too bad.
465x2x1  First rep was cake. The 2nd decent was horribly shakey.  :-\
500x1x0  Made an attempt at it. Bottomed out. I've decided to get under it each squat day and get used to sitting under it. I was shaking like an MS patient. No way in hell I was getting out of the hole so I dumped it.
405x10x1

so over all it's safe to say I made progress on my squats. 2 sets of 405 deep FINALLY but they weren't easy to get.  That makes me happy. 465 for 2 reps was a new personal best. If it's not deep it doesn't count. It's good to have 5 wheels on each side even if two of them are training wheels.  ;D 

Rack Deads mid shin:

135x10x1
315x5x1
405x5x1
500x5x1
600x4x1 TWO MORE REPS AT THE TOP! I was watching a dead technique vid and the dude said to pull up and thrust your hips forward hard and fast (in a non sexual way) and it helps blow through the low end and lock it out. Still strapped in but working on it. Felt good to pull it.
565x6x1  NICE!
500x10x1 no straps.

DB farmer's walks:

125lbs each..

down and back and down again-120yards
1minute rest
down and back and down again-120 yards
1minute rest
down and back-80 yards..grip failed and forearms are still sore.

the racks were full so I didn't do barbell lunges, went with farmers instead.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2007, 02:22:40 PM »
SHOULDERS!

upright rows:

135x10x1
185x8x1
225x7x1 gained one here. Not too thrilled.  >:( 225 for 8 reps is the goal.

plate loaded military press: wanted to try something besides the seated barbell military. Each side moves independently and I feel it in my delts more so than a seated military, though I don't plan on replacing it.

180x12x1
275x12x1
360x8x1+2rp (4plates per side) The handles have two options. Wide grip like the military or log lift grip which I prefer. DAMN it felt good and allows me to bring my hands together at the top like dumbbells.  I recommend at least giving this thing a shot if you have one available.

underhanded grip barbell front raises:

80lbsx15x1
115lbsx12x1

reverse pec dec: unilaterally..

180x10x3 each side.

TRAPS

barbell shrugs:

135x15x1
315x10x1
500x10x1
550x8x1
500x10x1
   haven't done these in awhile. Nice to see I improved ALOT.

seated plate loaded shrug station:  HATE this machine. Won't ever use it again. Horrible design and very restrictive.

275x15x3 

FOREARMS

cable reverse wrist curls:
80lbsx12x3 (WEAK!)

behind the back barbell wrist curls:
185x15x4

standing dumbbell inside wrist curls: (wanted to try something new and loved it.)

45lbsx15x1
60lbsx15x1
90lbsx15x1  Now that I know how these feel and how easy it was, I'm sure I could move up well into the hundreds with these. Forearms feel bombed for the first time in a long time.

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2007, 03:33:46 PM »
I posted a back shot about one or two pages back. I'm not a monster at all, just strong.

no offense dude but you really should be twice that size if you really do move this kind of weight :-\

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »
Looking good and pretty big, plus size will come.  Keep the good postings.
Squishy face retard

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2007, 06:55:39 PM »
no offense dude but you really should be twice that size if you really do move this kind of weight :-\

why? because you and the average gym goer can't? I'm also on 600mg of test and 400mg of deca a week, I would like to think that would have something to do with my recent jumps in strength and it's not just some snake oil.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2007, 07:08:21 PM »
Looking good and pretty big, plus size will come.  Keep the good postings.

I'll stay on top of things. How's that running coming? I still haven't even considered a walk around the block, much less a run. :D I don't know why people are shocked with my log either. Look at the progression from start to finish. Seems on pace to me. I hope people can learn from my log or can take at least something from it to benefit their training where I may have made a mistake or where I seemed to have gained something. Which is why I post more than just sets, reps, and the rest of the numbers. My theories, thoughts, ideas, nutrition, etc.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2007, 01:02:29 AM »
So you can't progress in the gym so you have to juice?  fucken pathetic excuse for a "trainee"

Joey chill mate :) (you too wicked ;D), i think if wicked was to cut up a bit he would probably look more impressive bodybuilding wise but at this stage i don't think thats what he is looking to do. I'm following Wicked's lead with my log as well, its good to look back and see the progress that you make, more people should do it i think.

Peace  8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2007, 05:22:13 AM »
So you can't progress in the gym so you have to juice?  fucken pathetic excuse for a "trainee"

LOL right, my numbers before I started training were weak.  :-\ Sorry that I don't meet your approval.  ::)   Strength comes no problem obviously, size was the problem. So I started using to help me get to my desired weight FASTER. Shame on me.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2007, 05:25:58 AM »
Joey chill mate :) (you too wicked ;D), i think if wicked was to cut up a bit he would probably look more impressive bodybuilding wise but at this stage i don't think thats what he is looking to do. I'm following Wicked's lead with my log as well, its good to look back and see the progress that you make, more people should do it i think.

Peace  8)

LOL you know me. I like to argue with the sun when it comes up.  ;D I'm pretty impressed with your log myself Honour, the volume you do would leave me puking on the floor. I know I don't look like a bodybuilder. I love being strong and want to look like it. I don't necessarily want to be Phil Heath but just large. And thus far it's working. I know I'm a fat shit but it doesn't bother me.  ;D

-side note update. The antibiotics are almost done and I'm feeling fantastic with zero breathing issues! After all the weight I've lost when I was sick and not eating as much, I'm back up there again. By the looks of things, 250 shouldn't be too far fetched by the end of june/early july!  ;D

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2007, 05:59:13 AM »
250 shouldn't be too far fetched by the end of june/early july!  ;D
What do you weigh atm again? (don't make me read up lol ;D)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2007, 06:02:16 AM »
What do you weigh atm again? (don't make me read up lol ;D)

I scaled in at 245 yesterday at the Doc's office.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2007, 06:34:14 AM »
Oh yeah you should hit it easy then 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2007, 06:40:00 AM »
Oh yeah you should hit it easy then 8).

LOL I hope so. I hope to not become even more of a lard ass in the process. I've just finished a shake and 3 cups oatmeal with two tablespoons peanut butter in it. Already had over 1k cals within the first two hours of my day HA!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2007, 02:06:05 PM »
Just measured my arms for the hell of it to see after all this time if I've made any sort of gains what so ever. They've both grown 1/4"!  :D :D Right side is 18" and the left side is 17 and 1/4"  :-\  BIG difference but I know it's in my triceps and not my bi's. VERY excited.

...and I've also gained that much on my gut.  :D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2007, 05:56:15 AM »
CHEST

Flat Bench:

135x15x1
315x10x1
365x8x1
365x8x1
partials to 90* 385x9x1  (They're partials so sue me. I need to make progress instead of struggling with 365 all the time. I do get the reps I want but it's a beating to get there. I want it to be easIER if not easy period. )

cut my last usual set out of flat bench to get more out of the chest press today...

Seated chest press:  (closed grip handles)

180x15x1
360x8x1+1rp
360x8x1

cable flys:

high to low-60lbs per sidex12x1
low to high-60lbs per sidex12x1

TRICEPS

v-handle pressdowns:

200x10x2

supersetted with...

I know I said I'd never do them again but LAYING FRENCH PRESS:

120X8X2 

NOW there is a machine version of this exercise that I used to use and could hit sets of 12 for 220-240lbs like cake. Gave me a false sense of strength which is why I moved to the free weight version and DAMN if it isn't alot harder.

side note:  My elbow bothers me less and less the more I do the laying french press and today there wasn't minimal irritation if any. I think it's just me getting used to the movement and how much extra balance it requires. I'm also gaining fat faster than I wanted to. I'm up to 17% NOT good. Means as much as I'm enjoying carbs. I'm going to have to cut back on them. I'm going to keep my protien intake the same but the carbs are going to be slowed down just a little. I know my cal count will suffer but I'd rather be a leaner 240ish than a FAT 250 something. If I don't make it to my goal as 250 or better with 15% bf then that's okay. I'm not going to kid myself and believe that I'm a big 250 when the only thing that's big is my back titties. Fuck that. SO carbs are coming down for a little while and hopefully I'll still put on weight. I'd like to think that whatever extra cals my body needs will be pulled from the now 17% fat on my body throughout the day to make up for it but it's a happy thought if anything else. I've still got 2 more months on cycle before I come off. Hopefully I'll squeeze at least another decent 5 or so lbs out by then. Also, I think I'm not seeing alot of GROWTH and only strength because of my intensity. It's non existant. I get mean and get at it during the set but am lazy taking 2-3 minute rests between sets, especially the heavy stuff. I'm going to make an effort to UP the intensity and see if that helps bring me up where I'm lagging in my training. I have a good diet and my training is spot on so if all other things are there, my intensity is about the only other thing I can think of that would drag me down.