Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 368205 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #275 on: July 16, 2007, 08:41:43 PM »
oh yeah that one is good, you have to lean back a little for balance on those kind of like close grip pulldowns with the really small handle.

LOL yeah man it looks like I'm praying to allah on the lat machine! ;D  pumped the hell outta my biceps too!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: July 17, 2007, 06:10:10 PM »
LEGS!!!

squats:

135x15x1
315x10x1
405x17x1 missed my goal by 3...no spot and didn't want to risk it.
425x10x1
365x15x1

I figured it was time to start moving the squat numbers up in overall weight used per set. I've been messing with 315 and 405 for awhile. I just realized that there are weight plates in sized other than 45lbs ;)

good mornings:

185x12x1
185x12x1
315x10x1
315x10x1

stiff leg'd deads...from the floor:

135x15x1
315x10x1
405x8x1
500x2x1
500x2x1
365x8x1  ass starting giving out on me...

barbell lunges:

135x10x1
225x6x1
135x10x1

I need to learn better balance with the 225...felt good though. My legs where shaking when I left after today. I didnt' realize how much work I did til it was over. Usually I just go with what feels good in the gym save arm day when I KNOW they need only a certain few sets.

All that on no carb! :D 

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2007, 04:14:27 PM »
ARMS!!

biceps!

dumbbell preacher curls:

60lbs x10x1 warmup
85lbsx8x1
90lbsx5x1 HOLY HELL!

seated alternating dumbbell curls:

60lbsx10x1
70lbsx8x1

dumbbell hammer curls:

70lbsx10x1
75lbsx5x1

hammer strength whatever the hell curls: to polish them off...

50lbsx6 super slow then 6 reps fast as possiblex1

TRICEPS!

smith machine closed grip bench press:

135x15x1
315x8x1
365x7x1
405x2x1
I WANT SOME FUCKIN TRICEPS DAMMIT!!!  >:(

under handed cable press downs:

whole stackx10x1
whole stackx10x1
whole stackx10x1

nautilus nitro press downs: love to finish with these..

255x10 super slow then 10 super fastx1

FOREARMS!!

behind the back barbell curls:

135x12x1
135x12x1
135x12x1

super setted between sets with...

dumbbell inside out wrist curls:

75lbsx12x1
75lbsx12x1
75lbsx12x1

I believe that's called bringing the pain!  ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2007, 05:03:10 PM »
holy shit, how far do you lower the weight down on those db preachers?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2007, 05:29:36 PM »
holy shit, how far do you lower the weight down on those db preachers?

I lower it just to the point of feeling the stretch. It's a little past paralell to the floor. If you sit on the preacher bench and put your forearm at a 45* angle from your initial arm position, that's how deep I go. If I go to full extension, I'm afraid of hyper extension or with such heavy weight, possibly messing with my elbow joint capsule. Deeper than the assclown next to me that's for sure.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: July 18, 2007, 05:33:08 PM »
I lower it just to the point of feeling the stretch. It's a little past paralell to the floor. If you sit on the preacher bench and put your forearm at a 45* angle from your initial arm position, that's how deep I go. If I go to full extension, I'm afraid of hyper extension or with such heavy weight, possibly messing with my elbow joint capsule. Deeper than the assclown next to me that's for sure.
damn man i was gonna say a fuccking 90 POUND DUMBBELL :o holy shit even going halfway down that's a shitload of weight for that movement, it hurts my bicep tendons just to think about going all the way down with that.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: July 18, 2007, 07:22:59 PM »
damn man i was gonna say a fuccking 90 POUND DUMBBELL :o holy shit even going halfway down that's a shitload of weight for that movement, it hurts my bicep tendons just to think about going all the way down with that.

I've never seen anyone fully extend on them. I was told it's a huge injury risk. ANd I go SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I control the weight the whole time because if I rush it or sling the weight around, I'm afraid I'll tear a bicep.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: July 19, 2007, 06:14:20 AM »
This is as deep as I go. No, that's not me but, any further than this and I'm afraid of a possible tear. http://youtube.com/watch?v=WDWSsq1JCHE 

I also think part of my problem with my size has to do with the fact that I've only been training HARD for a little over a year and a half and wanting the muscle size and fullnes/shape of someone having been at it for years.

yesterday my food schedule looked like this. I'm still slimming down nicely..

meal 1: shake
meal 2: steak with veggies
meal 3: salad with bleu cheese and a cup of cottage cheese
meal 4: shake and a low sugar fruit popsicle (only 8 carbs in it) post workout
meal 5: grilled shrimp and tilapia with steamed veggies
meal 6: some of my girlfriends left overs.. I caved... 2 potato wedges, two chicken strips, and a nacho.
meal 7: usually consists of another shake but I wanted to skip it for all the crap I ate before hand...so no bedtime shake.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: July 19, 2007, 08:13:27 AM »
man those are some low ass carbs for sure, you must be pretty serious about losing some bodyfat, doing any cardio?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: July 19, 2007, 08:21:21 AM »
man those are some low ass carbs for sure, you must be pretty serious about losing some bodyfat, doing any cardio?

Nope. None what so ever. It's dropping faster than I expected which makes me think that if I DID do cardio, I'd start eating myself from the inside out. HOWEVER, I haven't carbed up yet, which is tomorrow. I'll see where I sit once I've loaded up and find out how much REAL weight I've actually lost. I can see the OUTLINE of abs, but still heavily padded, at 236lbs depleted. Which means when I blow back up tomorrow I would think I'd gain anywhere from 5-10lbs just from the carbs re entering my system. Make sense? I think, If I do this right, I can be a solid 230+ with relatively low bodyfat. I like eating like this, I'm just hungry all the damn time!

me at 236 depleted pre workout.. I couldn't touch my phone to my ear after yesterday's workout.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2007, 09:30:19 AM »
arms are looking fucckin' jacked there man.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2007, 09:46:33 AM »
arms are looking fucckin' jacked there man.

Thanks man. The only thing that stands out to me in that pic is my big ass head.  ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2007, 06:02:19 PM »
CHEST!!

flat bench:

135x15x1
315x5x1
405x2x1
405x missed
425x1x1
365x5 reps with a 10 sec rest then 5 more reps with a 10 sec rest then 2 more reps....
365x5x1
315x10x1 

why does being able to do 10 reps with 315 AFTER all that bug the living shit out of me? AND IT'S EASY!  365 is going to be my new 365..my new goal is 315 for 10 and 405 for 5.

incline dumbbell flyes: kicking back is HARD!

60lbsx10x1
80lbsx10x1
80lbsx11x1 

incline presses:

135x10x1
315x6x1
225x11x1

notes for next chest day: 

-do triples up to 405 for the next heavy chest day
-NEXT chest day work on 365 for continuous reps.
-flyes go last after all pressing movements are done.

SHOULDERS!!!

upright rows:

135x10x1 effortless
185x8x1

seated military press:

135x12x1
225x5x1
275x BOMBED!

cable side laterals:

30lbsx10x1
55lbsx8x1

I've been on getbig way too long I've decided. One guy decided to coach me on my benching why I don't know. He goes "you should be doing it this way for more chest development and to take more shoulders out of it, your setup is all wrong and you should try to bring your hands in more and not go so wide. It looked like you were struggling with that 425." 

where this shit came from I don't know...to which I replied.

"IT'S 425! You must be a trainer because you sure don't LOOK like you know what you're talking about. For one it seems like you think that everyone is built the same and that people shouldn't adapt their movements to best suit their bodies and build because that's what it sounds like when you say that. Further more, due to a past shoulder injury, I have to go wider to TAKE THE PAIN OUT OF MY ROTATOR CUFF and still be able to handle heavier weights. "

I just got an "Oh.." after that.

I don't think there will ever be a gym without this kinda know it all shit in it. I did however get asked a few times about this or that today. I told a guy who asked me how squat properly on the smith machine. I asked if he's actually going to take my advice or just see what I have to say. He said he wanted a legit answer. I told him to put his feet out farther on the smith machine to better hit his legs and that I would personally take advantage of the cage that's always empty that way he can follow his body's own natural movement instead of what the machine is set to. ANd that if he's going to squat, go to the floor and back up, none of this half rep bullshit. Lighten the weight, learn proper form, and then push the envelope to reap the rewards to avoid injury. He did just that and I applauded him for his squats which were DEEP! His ass touched his heels. Then I told him not to talk to "mr. do it like this"   My advice was to experiment and keep an open mind to find out what's best for HIM and go with it.

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2007, 09:14:31 PM »
Ive had people ask me too why I bench with such a wide grip.  It seems to me like a narrow grip would hit more of the tricepts.  Maybe I also do it because I have a rotary cuff injury without realizing thats why.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2007, 09:29:57 PM »
Ive had people ask me too why I bench with such a wide grip.  It seems to me like a narrow grip would hit more of the tricepts.  Maybe I also do it because I have a rotary cuff injury without realizing thats why.

I feel like it takes the tri's and delts out the most and I feel it more in my chest ON TOP OF BEING MORE COMFORTABLE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE MOVEMENT!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2007, 08:25:46 AM »
good stuff Wicked strong as shit as usual, i don't get some of these pusssies who come up to you and offer "advice" when you're pushing weight that would absolutely crush them, that shit never happens to me because they know that they will get verbally humiliated if they say anything to me.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2007, 08:29:56 AM »
good stuff Wicked strong as shit as usual, i don't get some of these pusssies who come up to you and offer "advice" when you're pushing weight that would absolutely crush them, that shit never happens to me because they know that they will get verbally humiliated if they say anything to me.

I mean I don't try to make them feel like an asshole but, give me a fucking break! If you're going to offer advice, give it and then a reason or two as to why. If I refute it, don't get all pissed off that I don't agree with what you read out of "body for life". 

I realized too that on just chest day, just like squat day, I could be under that barbell the whole workout and never notice it til I'm 10 sets in! Is there an easier way to kick dumbbells back for inclines or just kick'em back and quit the bitchin?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2007, 08:37:02 AM »
I mean I don't try to make them feel like an asshole but, give me a fucking break! If you're going to offer advice, give it and then a reason or two as to why. If I refute it, don't get all pissed off that I don't agree with what you read out of "body for life". 

I realized too that on just chest day, just like squat day, I could be under that barbell the whole workout and never notice it til I'm 10 sets in! Is there an easier way to kick dumbbells back for inclines or just kick'em back and quit the bitchin?
or at least be bigger and stronger than me if you're going to give advice, if you're small and weak just shut the fucck up, on the dumbells you just have to deal with it, one thing i've found is to put the db's lower on your leg like an inch above your knee as opposed to on your thigh, they tend to end up in exactly the right pressing position when i do that especially on shoulder presses and inclines, just kick them up one at a time, on Cutler's video he actually cleans the db's standing up on shoulders and then sits down with them.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2007, 08:43:58 AM »
or at least be bigger and stronger than me if you're going to give advice, if you're small and weak just shut the fucck up, on the dumbells you just have to deal with it, one thing i've found is to put the db's lower on your leg like an inch above your knee as opposed to on your thigh, they tend to end up in exactly the right pressing position when i do that especially on shoulder presses and inclines, just kick them up one at a time, on Cutler's video he actually cleans the db's standing up on shoulders and then sits down with them.

I know man. I keep getting shit about haivng a "back problem" due to the fact that when I lean over, my erectors stand out and look like I'm deformed. I actually had my DOC of all things ask til I took my shirt off and got an "oh never mind then". Do they do it just to start up a convo? Do they want to earn some cred with you or something? I'm an analytical person when it comes to human psych and people in the gym just intrigue the hell outta me. I mean why can't they just say "What's up bro?!" or " What's goin on man?!" like the typical person?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2007, 08:47:42 AM »
I know man. I keep getting shit about haivng a "back problem" due to the fact that when I lean over, my erectors stand out and look like I'm deformed. I actually had my DOC of all things ask til I took my shirt off and got an "oh never mind then". Do they do it just to start up a convo? Do they want to earn some cred with you or something? I'm an analytical person when it comes to human psych and people in the gym just intrigue the hell outta me. I mean why can't they just say "What's up bro?!" or " What's goin on man?!" like the typical person?
i've gotten to the point where i'm downright rude when people disturb me, i purposely don'y make any eye contact with people and i don't bother anyone when i'm in there, when someone asks me about some movement i rip into them and tell them that all you have to do is get off the machine you're using and lift some fuccking weights and they always walk off.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2007, 08:50:03 AM »
i've gotten to the point where i'm downright rude when people disturb me, i purposely don'y make any eye contact with people and i don't bother anyone when i'm in there, when someone asks me about some movement i rip into them and tell them that all you have to do is get off the machine you're using and lift some fuccking weights and they always walk off.

HAHAHA you sound like ME! I don't talk or look at ANYONE! Headphones in and focused! Now there are a few people that I'll talk to but they know how I work and don't hang around long. Just to tell me what's up and how their training is going and such. But those people are very few.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2007, 09:04:54 AM »
HAHAHA you sound like ME! I don't talk or look at ANYONE! Headphones in and focused! Now there are a few people that I'll talk to but they know how I work and don't hang around long. Just to tell me what's up and how their training is going and such. But those people are very few.
yeah there's a couple of people i talk to a little but but for the most part it's skinny punk kids or old people in my gym and i don't even recognize their existance when i'm in there, i know that sounds bad but to be honest they don't belong there.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: July 21, 2007, 09:08:52 AM »
yeah there's a couple of people i talk to a little but but for the most part it's skinny punk kids or old people in my gym and i don't even recognize their existance when i'm in there, i know that sounds bad but to be honest they don't belong there.

LOL!! Now I don't feel like THAT! If they want to get into it and do their thing that's fine with me. They rent the equipment just like I do so I'm not a prick about it but I do know where you're coming from. It's one thing to learn and grow and be there for a purpose. Being in their to clown and just dick around and strut isn't a very meaningful purpose imho. HAHAHA that shit cracks me up though. YOU DON'T BELONG HERE ASSHOLE! hahaha.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #298 on: July 21, 2007, 07:13:03 PM »
Holy shit Wicked, your looking nutts in that t-shirt man, get your ass over here to Australia and take a walk down the beach.....you will have the woman all aver ya ;D.

Oh yeah i normally have my earphones on in the gym so i don't really talk to anyone unless i feel like it, kind of keeps the know it all's away. And you are totally right, there is not much chance of me listening to some little guy if he trys to tell me what to do etc ::), at least build your own physique before you try to build others I say 8).

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #299 on: July 21, 2007, 08:53:24 PM »
Nope. None what so ever. It's dropping faster than I expected which makes me think that if I DID do cardio, I'd start eating myself from the inside out. HOWEVER, I haven't carbed up yet, which is tomorrow. I'll see where I sit once I've loaded up and find out how much REAL weight I've actually lost. I can see the OUTLINE of abs, but still heavily padded, at 236lbs depleted. Which means when I blow back up tomorrow I would think I'd gain anywhere from 5-10lbs just from the carbs re entering my system. Make sense? I think, If I do this right, I can be a solid 230+ with relatively low bodyfat. I like eating like this, I'm just hungry all the damn time!

me at 236 depleted pre workout.. I couldn't touch my phone to my ear after yesterday's workout.
you look slender for 236, you must be tall 6'+

strong dude, keep it up, man you're pushing big #'s
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!