Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 366904 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #375 on: August 20, 2007, 08:46:16 AM »
::)

I should post new pics and give you some new ammo on me. I've been eating and eating and eating to just plain grow. I'm getting soft as hell and don't really wanna know my body fat but, at the moment, i'm enjoying the always energized feeling of having food in me. Carb free blows.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #376 on: August 20, 2007, 09:10:25 AM »
I should post new pics and give you some new ammo on me. I've been eating and eating and eating to just plain grow. I'm getting soft as hell and don't really wanna know my body fat but, at the moment, i'm enjoying the always energized feeling of having food in me. Carb free blows.
just joking with you man, i know you work hard in the gym.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: August 20, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »
just joking with you man, i know you work hard in the gym.

Bro you know I don't take you too seriously. It's all in good fun. At least you keep this shit from getting boring in here. I hate going to some forums and it's the same old shit everyday. If you keep your shit up though, I'll be a legend in this place without having to do any sort of anything thanks to you! 1/4 REP KING MOTHER FUCKER!!

I also want to know when do you decide to move up in weight on certain exercises with this rest/pause style of training?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #378 on: August 20, 2007, 09:23:05 AM »
Bro you know I don't take you too seriously. It's all in good fun. At least you keep this shit from getting boring in here. I hate going to some forums and it's the same old shit everyday. If you keep your shit up though, I'll be a legend in this place without having to do any sort of anything thanks to you! 1/4 REP KING MOTHER FUCKER!!

I also want to know when do you decide to move up in weight on certain exercises with this rest/pause style of training?
i don't do any rest pause training but i'm a huge believer in sets of 5-6 always have been, the rest pause stuff is good for the DC type of program but it's hard to do rets pause on barbell movements.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2007, 09:28:30 AM »
i don't do any rest pause training but i'm a huge believer in sets of 5-6 always have been, the rest pause stuff is good for the DC type of program but it's hard to do rets pause on barbell movements.

You're not kidding..it really is. I think I'm getting more on the heavier weight shit because I'm not wasting energy on a handful of sets building up to it. If I just jump right into it then I seem to be able to go all day with a certain weight. I got it out of my head that I need to warm up AGAIN after already doing a certain exercise for that particular body part. Just get back in it. Al's training is very inspiring. Even after the shit he's been through he fucking brings it. I need to touch base with him more. Iw ould' really call what I do DC..just rest pause training. It's a way of making me FEEL like i've done alot of work when really i'm cutting my sets down and giving my body a chance to grow. And even though I got a total 10 reps with 405 today and made one more rep than last time, It's still not a straight set so I've got my work cut out for me. I would suggest though, at least trying this shit for a month or two at least once. I didnt' believe it would ever work and am a heavy/volume guy like you are or was. I guess if you do it right and with intensity, you'll respond to anything.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: August 21, 2007, 10:12:44 AM »
BACK!! just didn't have it today... had some things on my mind. I should've went home and got my shit together and came back that evening.

bent over barbell rows:

135x15x1
315x10x1
405x9x1
365x13x1  I didn't like how my 405 set felt so I dropped the weight and went at 365...

seated cable rows:

300(wholestack)x13x1

one arm lat pulldowns:

160x11x1+4rp right side
160x13x1+4rp left side

t-bar rows:

6platesx18x1

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #381 on: August 21, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »
LOL it's funny but i think these training forums are the only ones that Squad actually inputs some decent advice on GetBig. Just a shame no-one ever reads these training ones to see it....then again they would probably think his account was hacked or something ;D.

Hope the new style is working out there Wicked, change is as good as a holiday they say 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: August 22, 2007, 03:22:11 PM »
LEGS!! GOOOOOOD LEG DAY! I feel like I made up for last week's cluster fuck...and I got my head on straight and made it happen!!

squats:

135x15x1
315x8x1
405x15x1 (could've got my 20 if I wasn't such a pussy!!)  +8rp!! WOO! 23REPS!! the rest between the first 15 and the last 8 was 35 seconds too! Not bad! I would've rather had my 20 reps consecutively though.  :-\ After that I puked in my mouth... 

hacks:

4platesx8x1 to stretch out the quads and get warmed up in this machine...
10platesx10x1+5rp Am really happy with this...

mid shin rack deads:

135x10x1
315x5x1
500x10x1+5rp+2rp STRAPS ONLY ON THE LAST 7 REPS! I'm very happy with this because I've strapped in for most things over 500 for awhile and the first time I go without them I hit 10 reps holding it.

unilateral leg extensions:

100x10x1+5rp right leg
100x11x1+5rp left leg

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: August 23, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
ARMS!

BICEPS!

barbell curls:
95x10x1
145x7x1+3rp+2rp

dumbbell hammer curls:

70lbsx10x1+5rp right side
70lbsx10x1+4rp left side

seated alternate dumbbell curls:

65lbsx10x1+5rp right side
65lbsx10x1+5rp left side

TRICEPS!

closed grip bench:
  the right grip full ROM

135x15x1
315x8x1
405x3x1+2rp felt gooooooood and just as easy as it was stopping parallel to my body!

narrow grip pressdowns:

260x17x1+6rp

reverse grip press downs:

185x12x1+5rp

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #384 on: August 23, 2007, 05:01:42 PM »
Here I am, away for a while and this M----r F----er goes and get's stronger.  Great, now I have to lift harder.  Just kidding bro.  Good to see the strength is still up there.  Remember what Levrone said, "I'm big because I'm strong".  Keep it up.
Squishy face retard

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: August 23, 2007, 05:33:24 PM »
Here I am, away for a while and this M----r F----er goes and get's stronger.  Great, now I have to lift harder.  Just kidding bro.  Good to see the strength is still up there.  Remember what Levrone said, "I'm big because I'm strong".  Keep it up.

HAHAHA my friend said that today when he worked out with me. WE DON'T WORKOUT TOGETHER FOR 2 MONTHS AND YOU COME BACK DOUBLING MY LIFTS! hahahaha! And I haven't had a shot in almost two weeks! I'm coming off and i still have this type of strength! GOOD TIMES! STICK WTIH IT! YOU'LL BE UP THERE!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2007, 02:53:37 PM »
I UNLEASHED THE FUCKING ANIMAL IN ME TODAY! Had a good workout partner to feed off of too...

CHEST!!!

flat bench:
wanted to get under heavy weight today!

135x15x1
315x8x1
405x5x1
435x3x1 EASY! didn't do the rest pause today on the flat bench... I wanted to push it a little heavier

seated plated loaded chest press:

10 platesx10x1+3rp+3rp  HUGE SET! DESTORYED the set I did last time! I think it has to do with me not fatigue'n out on the flat bench before like last time though.

dumbbell flyes:

90lbsx15x1+5rp where's SF at..I need a BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

SHOULDERS!

seated military press:

135x10x1
225x7x1+3rp+4rp

upright barbell rows:

170x10x1+5rp

and some ab shit....

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: August 27, 2007, 05:19:33 AM »
BACK!

bent over barbell rows:

135x15x1
365x15x1+6rp

seated plated loaded rows: instead of cable rows...wasn't at my home gym....

11plates totalx9x1+4rp

lat pulldowns:

230x13x1+5rp

dumbbell rows:

120'sx12+7rp right side
120'sx13x1+7rp left side

and some rear delt shit....

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #388 on: August 27, 2007, 07:08:56 AM »

and some rear delt shit....

ROFL yeah i feel the same about the addon stuff at the end of a workout sometimes ;D.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: August 27, 2007, 07:12:49 AM »
ROFL yeah i feel the same about the addon stuff at the end of a workout sometimes ;D.

Yeah dude it's one little weiner finishing exercise..not even worth writing about.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: August 27, 2007, 06:29:12 PM »
LEGS!! realized I was using too light of weight last time and bumped all my exercises a little...

squats:

135x15x1
315x8x1
465x9x1+6rp+3rp  18 total reps with 30 secs rest between the rest/pause sets...I'm happy.

hack squats:

5plates and a 25 per sidex6x1+3rp GOD DAMN THIS WAS HARD AS HELL! I barely got any reps with it but, felt good and 10total plates was too easy. I went for more weight than I have ever doing this exercise. Hopefully it was a smart move...

rack deads mid shin:

135x10x1
315x5x1
550x5x1+4rp+5rp   I stop and reset each rep instead of using momentum and blowing it up. Seems to be the weight I need to be using in this exercise ATM.

leg extensions: (went up in weight here)

120lbsx15x1+4rp+3rp right leg
120lbsx16x1+5rp+2rp left leg

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: August 28, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »
ARMS!!

BICEPS!
barbell curls:

150x5x1+2rp..too heavy..dropped to 140lbs and got 5 more reps..i refuse to cheat. I hafta lay off these awhile. They're making my forearms hurt.

seated dumbbell curls:

70lbsx7x1+1rp  I had to stop...

dumbbell concentration curls: HAVEN'T DONE THESE IN FOREVER! INSANE PUMP!

40lbsx15x1+8rp+4rp right arm
40lbsx16x1+8rp+4rp left arm

TRICEPS!

floor presses to see if my elbow could handle it again...

135x10x1
315x8x1 easy
405x1x1+1rp and it started to hurt my elbow again. I'm hoping I won't be stuck on the smith for awhile longer...pissing me off

rope pressdowns:
went heavier...

160x15x1+6rp+5rp destroyed it by 20lbs

reverse grip pressdowns:

160x16x1+6rp+3rp

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #392 on: August 28, 2007, 12:55:53 PM »
You're not kidding..it really is. I think I'm getting more on the heavier weight shit because I'm not wasting energy on a handful of sets building up to it. If I just jump right into it then I seem to be able to go all day with a certain weight. I got it out of my head that I need to warm up AGAIN after already doing a certain exercise for that particular body part. Just get back in it. Al's training is very inspiring. Even after the shit he's been through he fucking brings it. I need to touch base with him more. Iw ould' really call what I do DC..just rest pause training. It's a way of making me FEEL like i've done alot of work when really i'm cutting my sets down and giving my body a chance to grow. And even though I got a total 10 reps with 405 today and made one more rep than last time, It's still not a straight set so I've got my work cut out for me. I would suggest though, at least trying this shit for a month or two at least once. I didnt' believe it would ever work and am a heavy/volume guy like you are or was. I guess if you do it right and with intensity, you'll respond to anything.

hey, man thanks for the compliment, if my log inspires someone great, that's what it's there for I guess.  I like the fact that you took the advice I gave you about warming up, that really made sense to me when I read it....good job.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2007, 05:36:38 AM »
hey, man thanks for the compliment, if my log inspires someone great, that's what it's there for I guess.  I like the fact that you took the advice I gave you about warming up, that really made sense to me when I read it....good job.

Yeah that first initial exercise I consider the warmup for the rest of the workout as long as it's not something drastically different from the intial exercise. I've started eating as my powerlifting pals suggested and just eat what I want when I'm hungry within reason. I'm back up to 250lbs after cutting down under 240 awhile back. I've steadily put on a lb or two a week now for three weeks because I've up'd the protien,etc. I don't know how high I want to go but I'm starting to get soft enough that it's bug'n me. I figured 5-6 more lbs over the top and I'll start back down again. The strength, especially training this way is fucking ridiculous. Pushing for one more rep each time doesn't seem that hard and moving up in weight, you quickly learn when you can and CAN'T do it lol...barbell curls being an example.

Tried floor presses to see how it felt and 315 fell prey to me easily on my closed grip floors but 405 brought back a little roughness. Roughness I'm trying to get away from that put me on the smith for it in the first place. PLUS going heavier on the barbell curls irritated something in my forearm to keep me from having a good bicep day. MAD AS FUCK! So all yesterday did was piss me off even more to the point that come tomorrow when it's time to train chest again, it's hell to pay! RUN! ALL OF YOU RUN...CUZ I'M COMING! AND HELL'S COMING WITH ME!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2007, 12:13:38 PM »
Floor Press= Good.   
You could prolly get away w/ adding bands at your Gym for those & Bench for speed work.
Those Bands make it a MOFO if you tighten them up good.
Develops some explosive force off the chest.
They can actualy be too much if you keep at them to frequent.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2007, 05:59:09 AM »
Yeah I like floor presses! I'm going to rotate them out with closed grip smiths. It's ALOT harder than it seems and it'll help get my elbow back in shape to get the fuck off the smith. I can hammer one closed grip floor press easily but if I shake off course even a little my elbow sings.

CHEST!

incline press:
   To start feeling things out again and see if I'm good to go on the regular flat....

135x12x1
315x6x1+3rp+5rp+4rp  rack and go over and over til I bombed it. Explode up a few reps, 15 sec rest, again, rest, again...First time I've done inclines in awhile! Felt good! Didn't want to push it too much. Touch and go with ease!

angled grip plated loaded bench press:

8platesx8x1+3rp+3rp+4rp   LOVE this machine though I always used the same grip in the past, I wanted to change things up abit.

by now when I flexed it felt like the connective tissue would rip from my sternum...LOVE IT!

dumbbell flat bench press:

120'sx10x1+6rp  hard as hell to do after doing all the other rest pause work already AND I was on my 3rd exercise only 20 minutes into the workout. The pump is ridiculous training this way.

dumbbell flat bench flyes:

95lbsx10x1+5rp Very happy with this. Went up 5lbs over last week and even after all the previous work, I was able to get at least 15 total reps with it.

SHOULDERS!

UPRIGHT ROWS:

185x7x1+3RP dropped the weight down to 135 and got 5 more immediately after

seated plated loaded overhead press:

8platesx6x1+4rp+7rp where the fuck did that last rest/pause set come from!?!  ???

I'm trying to decide if today was really worth much or not. I didn't normally go as heavy as I usually do and tried inclines for hte first time in forever. Elbow felt good and will continue to rotate the smith out with the flat and incline until I feel nothing in it anymore. Since I didn't push bigger numbers like I normally do I added another RP set to those that I could and an additional exercise.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: August 31, 2007, 06:39:59 AM »
Neropane wrap & strong hot muscle rub on that elbow. (Some veterinary stuff for horse hooves is hottest)
Carefull w/ that shiet, try a test spot..

Acupuncture (Electro-acupuncture)  It either gives some good results 1st time or it dont. Great for some soft tissue aggravations.........

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: August 31, 2007, 07:04:38 AM »
Neropane wrap & strong hot muscle rub on that elbow. (Some veterinary stuff for horse hooves is hottest)
Carefull w/ that shiet, try a test spot..

Acupuncture (Electro-acupuncture)  It either gives some good results 1st time or it dont. Great for some soft tissue aggravations.........

It's steadily getting better and better as the workouts go by. I've contemplated an elbow wraps soon if it does'nt go away but things have been progressing in the right direction. I haven't tried to push heavier weights just yet but it's feeling damn good!

.. and 4 people I know that workout regularly have all recently had elbow issues after starting to do skull crushers!  >:(

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: August 31, 2007, 02:01:09 PM »
Skull-Crushers w/ bar (even EZ) hurt's my elbows.

I CAN do  'em w/  dumbells on a bench inclined at various angles. It lets the elbows "float" where they
feel best.

You can bring  'em right down and touch chest, and even pause briefly on chest.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: September 01, 2007, 05:26:20 AM »
Skull-Crushers w/ bar (even EZ) hurt's my elbows.

I CAN do  'em w/  dumbells on a bench inclined at various angles. It lets the elbows "float" where they
feel best.

You can bring  'em right down and touch chest, and even pause briefly on chest.

I'm going to start doing them like I saw in the westside video! IT WAS PRETTY CRAZY LOOKING! It's like lying skull crushers but with dumbbells instead.