Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 368115 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #425 on: September 14, 2007, 07:55:51 PM »
CHEST!!

flat bench:
getting that strength back with teh new grip! slow and steady!

135x12x1
315x5x1  mid range warmup
405x3x1+2rp+2rp+1rp 10 secs rest between racks and presses... Felt good to be under 405 again and the new grip is taking shape.

dumbbell presses:

125'sx12x1+8rp+5rp

dumbbell flyes:  AT THE HIGHEST I'VE EVER BEEN AGAIN! SLOW AND STEADY...

100'sx8x1+4rp  I wish i had a video of these just to see how well i'm doing them or if they're shit...they feel great and I get good depth it seems. Here's hoping!

SHOULDERS!!

standing push press:

135x12x1 immediately to 155x8x1 straight to 185x6x1 and that burned the FUCK out of my delts!

one arm dumbbell over head presses:   hard to stabilize...I like this one.

60lbsx8x1+4rp right side
60lbsx6+6rp left side

I felt I had a good day. Glad to be pressing 405 for a few again and hopefully will stay that way!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #426 on: September 14, 2007, 08:00:26 PM »
hey Wicked do you do your rack deads immediately after squatting or do you do your other quad movements first and then hit them?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: September 14, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »
hey Wicked do you do your rack deads immediately after squatting or do you do your other quad movements first and then hit them?

I do them immediately after because if I do my hacks or whatever else, I can't pick up near as much weight. Leg drive really does account for alot apparenlty. I post my exercises in the order I do them. I'd rather pull more than do more on hacks and then pull...

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: September 14, 2007, 08:08:07 PM »
I do them immediately after because if I do my hacks or whatever else, I can't pick up near as much weight. Leg drive really does account for alot apparenlty. I post my exercises in the order I do them. I'd rather pull more than do more on hacks and then pull...
i'm trying to find a place to put deads back into my program and i train back the day after legs so doing them with an already sore lower back from heavy squats is out of the question, i'm gonna throw a few sets in after i squat, probably do them mid shin level like you.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: September 14, 2007, 08:12:09 PM »
i'm trying to find a place to put deads back into my program and i train back the day after legs so doing them with an already sore lower back from heavy squats is out of the question, i'm gonna throw a few sets in after i squat, probably do them mid shin level like you.

I like it. It's not as easy as at the knee and it's more comfortable than pulling from the floor. I don't do any LB movements on back day because of the deads and the squats and what they bring to it on leg day. That's if you do them..if you don't already and you're LB is smoked, it just takes some getting used to. I would say if you work on your squat mechanics like hip drive and pushing them up and forward while picking it up, it helps the squats out a shitload. Or it would if I quit being a pussy under good weight..  >:( >:( Your glutes and lb do alot of the work so I'd do them right after squats and see how they feel..anything else before them and your glutes are just too fatigued to do any kinda heavy pulling.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: September 15, 2007, 07:50:30 AM »
sorry I misread your post...It's why I do back before leg day for that very reason..so my leg day doesn't lay over into my back workouts.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: September 17, 2007, 07:57:12 PM »
PAST TWO DAYS WORTH OF WORK!!! And I tore it the fuck UP!!!

BACK!!!

bent over barbell rows:

135x12x1
315x8x1
415x6x1 too heavy so I dropped to 385 for 4 and still wasn't perfect form so I dumped it down to 335 and finished out the set. Didn't have it this time. I'm thinking that for awhile, 365 might be the weight I wanna work with and try for more on my other back exercises just because I want this exercise PERFECT and 405 just isn't there. I can leave over beyond 45* and work with 365 but start standing up with 405 at about the 8th rep. No go for me imho...

seated cable rows:

300x16x1+10 rp (26 rep total...hit a new first set goal pr and total rep pr in only two sets)

h/s high pulls: better than last time...

4platesx10x1+5 rp right side
4platesx10x1+rp left side  not bad...

supported dumbbell rear delt raises:

75lbsx10x1+7rp. 15lbs heavier and still made my rep goal total the first time! NEW PR! Never did any rear delt work this heavy..must be all the heavy back shit giving me sick rear delt strength too.

TRAPS!!

135x10x1
315x10x1
600x15x1+8rp. Still feels good working with this weight. I'll stick with it for awhile..at least until i get 20 reps on the first set.

---------------------------------------

LEGS! AND I SET A NEW PR IN EVERY FUCKING LIFT I DID TODAY!!!
...and I need to also remember to buy some chalk. Chalking my back and the bar keeps it from sliding around as much. Fuck the no chalk rule!!

SQUATS!!!
135x10x1
315x5x1 mid range warmup
500x11x1+5rp+3 RP WITH 525!!! I wasn't happy with some of my first set depth on a couple of them..so I made it up with 525 to the dirt! I LOVE TO FUCKING SQUAT!!!  Not only did I meet my overall total I wanted to hit with 500 BUT BLEW IT AWAY WITH 1 EXTRA REP!!! and 525 was EASY!!! I got nervous again and said "FUCK THIS SHIT!!!" apparenlty loud enough that a few people stopped and looked at me with concern. LOL  I had to get psyched and get the jitters out! AND I SMASHED THE FUCK OUT OF IT....too bad my legs have cramped up bad 3 times since I quit my workout I hit it so hard.

rack deads mid shin:

135x10x1
315x3x1
500x1x1
600x1x1 ridiculously fucking easy..I know I can pull 600 off the floor no problem with just a belt.
685x1x1 OH HELL YEAH! IT WAS CAKE TOO! used straps though..but went 10lbs heavier than I HAVE EVER PICKED UP ANYTHING OFF THE RACK OR OTHERWISE!! Didn't go for another rep though..didn't want to push it.
600x4x1 reset and regrip each time with no straps! EASY! I think I'm going to work on hitting 10 reps with 600 and sitting here typing this... I know I can get it easily with how easily I'm standing up with it. I ALSO REVERSED MY GRIP!

I have a theory that there might be a direct correlation with my grip on my deads vs my unilateral strength from what I've found while lifting and looking at past workouts and questions that have arisen. I'll post this in further detail tomorrow. I don't feel like retyping everything I wrote in my journal again tonight.

on a side note..I think I'm only a few workouts away from pulling 700!!!

hacks:

8platesx20x1+12rp!! 2 more reps than last time! ANOTHER PR! This one I have a harder time working with than even squats because they get very painful and tiring very fast adn I hafta really push myself.

....some ab shit.

MORE NOTES:

I've had alot of down time and work and have not only reread alot of what I've posted here but also asked myself soem questions and tried to find answers to them in the training. Everything is always there infront of you if you used logic and deductive reasoning and some common ass sense if you want it. The first thing I've realized is that I've come farther, even being over a month off, than I have ever been period in my training. I think alot of it has to do with my new style of training. I see results faster and more consistenty than any other style of training I've ever done. I see progress with one more rep, moving up in weight, trying new exercises that I haven't done in awhile and blowing my old pr's away. Pushing myself for one more rep adds up over time! I now highly recommend this style of training because not only does it push you to work hard but also motivates you due to the results and rate of progress, even though sometimes very slight, you see. Any progress is progress period. You don't get bog'd down in ruts, hit plateaus often, and can ALWAYS see where you've come versus where you were only a week or two ago! One more rep adds up over  time and before you knwo it you're slaughtering weights you didn't think were possible and learn alot about what your body reacts to the whole time.  Something to think about....

sorry for all the extra verbage. It's a log and wanted to post comments and thoughts for others to read along with as well and maybe help further their training too.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: September 18, 2007, 01:08:46 PM »
ARMS!!

BICEPS!

seated dumbbell curls: still not really gaining here....

70lbsx7x1+5rp+4rp

seated dumbbell hammer curls:

80lbsx7x1+5rp

TRICEPS!

close grip bench press:

135x10x1
225x5x1 mid range warmup
365x5x1+3rp+4rp with 335

overhead dumbbell extensions:

40lbsx10x1+4rp left side
40lbsx9x1+5 rp right side

forearm shit... behind the back barbell wrist curls

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #433 on: September 18, 2007, 04:38:20 PM »

I've had alot of down time and work and have not only reread alot of what I've posted here but also asked myself soem questions and tried to find answers to them in the training. Everything is always there infront of you if you used logic and deductive reasoning and some common ass sense if you want it. The first thing I've realized is that I've come farther, even being over a month off, than I have ever been period in my training. I think alot of it has to do with my new style of training. I see results faster and more consistenty than any other style of training I've ever done. I see progress with one more rep, moving up in weight, trying new exercises that I haven't done in awhile and blowing my old pr's away. Pushing myself for one more rep adds up over time! I now highly recommend this style of training because not only does it push you to work hard but also motivates you due to the results and rate of progress, even though sometimes very slight, you see. Any progress is progress period. You don't get bog'd down in ruts, hit plateaus often, and can ALWAYS see where you've come versus where you were only a week or two ago! One more rep adds up over  time and before you knwo it you're slaughtering weights you didn't think were possible and learn alot about what your body reacts to the whole time.  Something to think about....

Great post there man, so true 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: September 21, 2007, 05:49:49 AM »
CHEST!!! went for a little change of pace..

flat bench: BACK TO MY WIDER GRIP BECAUSE OF MY SHOULDER!

135x12x1
315x3x1
405x3x1
415x1x1
445x1x1 (2 board) I feel it was a good lift and hit 10lbs heavier than the last time I was doing single attempts... ass off the seat though.
405x3x1

H/S incline press: I LIKE THIS EXERCISE! ONLY THING IS THE STARTING POSITION IS SO DEEP, I COULDN'T LOAD ALOT OF WEIGHT ON IT AND NOT RISK A TEAR... my chest stretches ridiculously just from getting my arms back and into the start position! I wish this thing had an adjustable seat. I loved how it felt though, can't go macho on the first time using this machine until I get used to it.

3plates per sidex7x1+4rp+2rp

incline flyes: I have serious issues with kicking back weights on the incline..need to work on that.
90lbsx12x1+10rp NEW PR!! last time I used 80's..

SHOULDERS! SUCKED!!!

seated military presses:

135x10x1
225x2x1  >:(

upright rows:

185x7x1 AGAIN WITH THE LOSS OF STRENGHT!!!  >:(

FINE! shit doesn't want to work for me...I'll beat the hell out of my delts with raises!!!

seated front dumbbell raises supersetted with seated dumbbell lateral raises

60lbsx12x1 +4rp right into seated lateral raises with 40lbsx10x1+6rp   >:( >:( >:(  I WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!

two things....

I've noticed that I SUCK on incline movements so I'm going to start doing more of them like I said before AND shoulders are going back to their own days and biceps and triceps are going back to chest and back days. Iv'e been doing this shit for a good while now, it's time for a change again. I'll still do the rp stuff but need to shuffle some things around to see how it all works out. Still going 4 on and 1 off!  Shoulders just aren't making gains and neither are my arms so they're going to be switched out.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: September 21, 2007, 10:53:41 AM »
Did you smuggle in some boards?  ;D

Make a - Two boards x  (2" thick x 12" wide plank) and on top of that screw on a 3/4'' thick peice of pine
10-12" wide.

Aprox total height will be only  3 3/4" thick.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: September 21, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »
Did you smuggle in some boards?  ;D

Make a - Two boards x  (2" thick x 12" wide plank) and on top of that screw on a 3/4'' thick peice of pine
10-12" wide.

Aprox total height will be only  3 3/4" thick.

fits nicely in that gym bag!  ;D

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: September 21, 2007, 03:46:18 PM »
100 lbs of nice shiny chain next.  ;)
Get them used to this a little at a time...

Trendy Gym? They got gold color heavy duty chain at all the hardware/ Farm & Tractor supply joints.
Some runs up in price to $3+ foot though. Get a couple Big-ass clevis or caribiner clips to thread them on.

This is the one I want  to see video of.  ;D

You arguing w/ the manager about a couple of 50lb chain sets...

I dare ya...!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: September 22, 2007, 05:50:10 AM »
100 lbs of nice shiny chain next.  ;)
Get them used to this a little at a time...

Trendy Gym? They got gold color heavy duty chain at all the hardware/ Farm & Tractor supply joints.
Some runs up in price to $3+ foot though. Get a couple Big-ass clevis or caribiner clips to thread them on.

This is the one I want  to see video of.  ;D

You arguing w/ the manager about a couple of 50lb chain sets...

I dare ya...!

I have bands on order for that... they can't bitch about a rubber band scuffing up their new floor now can they!  ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: September 22, 2007, 05:55:59 AM »
BACK!!! had a badass back day....

bent over barbell rows:

135x15x1
365x15x1+6rp I still don't know why I can do these so well with good form but 405 kicks my ass. Oh well. I'll keep pluggin and get stronger on my other exercises!

H/S plate loaded rows: unilaterally...

6platesx15x1+6 rp left side
6platesx12x1+8rp right side

NEW PR ON THIS ONE! FINALLY FOUND A WAY TO GET 6 45LB PLATES ON THE HAMMER STRENGTH ROW!!

close grip lat pulldowns:

235x10x1+5rp

NEW PR!!! last time I was only able to do 220 and it was difficult.. 235 this time around was cake!

TRAPS!!!

barbell shrugs:

135x10x1
315x10x1
645x7x1+4rp+6rp  dunno about this one. felt okay but wasn't able to get my traps as high as I was with 600. Time to work it!!!

speed shrugs with dumbbells:

125xfailure

REAR DELTS!

rear dealt supported raises:

80lbsx10x1+6rp NEW PR AGAIN!! I don't think I can go much heavier with these though.... I don't want it to become a back exercise/row instead of a raise.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: September 22, 2007, 07:25:05 PM »
LEGS!!! had ANOTHER GREAT DAY!

squats:

135x10x1
315x8x1
500x8x1+6rp+8rp OH FUCK YEAH! 15 second rests this time too! I got into the hole and drove it up hard!I did have two times where I got going too fast and let the bar slip down and had to rerack during the first rp set and almost dind't get the last rep in the whole thing but I was VERY happy!

DEADS!! FROM THE FLOOR!!
135x10x1
315x3x1
500x1x1
600x2x1 FROM THE FLOOR! NOT ONLY DID I BEAT MY PERSONAL BEST BY A 100 FUCKING LBS BUT I DID IT TWICE!!! NO STRAPS!!
...continued on the rack

600x2x1
600x2x1
600x1x1
620x2x1
620x1x1

NO STRAPS THE WHOLE TIME! CHALK ONLY!!! I'M ECSTATIC! I KNEW I COULD PULL IT AND SOLIDIFIED IT WITH A SECOND REP! THE BEAST CAME OUT THE MOTHER FUCKING CAGE TODAY BABY!!!

one leg'd legpress: first time..will rotate with hacks every other week to help my knees out.

8platesx15x1+5rp right side..cuz I pussed out
8platesx20x1 left side..cuz I didn't puss out

and then some calve shit...

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #441 on: September 23, 2007, 03:15:23 AM »
Darn thats a lot of singles on the Deads man :o, good work though!!!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: September 23, 2007, 09:25:47 AM »
Darn thats a lot of singles on the Deads man :o, good work though!!!

I do the singles and hard and fast as possible up instead of for reps to really help my hip drive..and it pays dividends bro..espeically if you're snatching up 100lbs or more easily over what you're squatting, it keeps my LB and my ass from burning out before my legs do! Alot of PL'ers recommended it after squats instead of goodmornings and I'm glad I made the switch!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: September 23, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »

legs are finally a legit 28" with the same definition as they had before. sucks that when i try to take a phone pic, it blurs when i point the phone down in the mirror. Oh well...SQUATS ARE KING!

updated back..looking thicker and a little wider. Once I get a program to take my face out I'll post more front shots. I can't get a shot of me close enough to take my face out and fit ME in it. I was warned against it when I posted the last pic of me with my face in it due to me being a noted user here in my log. Soon..

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #444 on: September 23, 2007, 04:27:38 PM »
From that shot you back looks great man, looks a lot wider than i remember and thick through the traps as well 8).

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
past three days worth of work!!
« Reply #445 on: September 27, 2007, 10:50:37 AM »
CHEST

incline bench press:

135x10x1
225x5x1
345x6x1+3rp+3rp

dumbbell flat bench:
125'sx11x1+7rp best yest after inclines

dumbbell flyes:
100'sx8x1+6rp   new pr!

TRICEPS!!

dboverhead extensions:

40lbsx7x1+5rp both sides +4rp

v-bar pressdowns:

wholestackx8x1+5rp+4rp

-----------------------------------------

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: September 27, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »
LEGS!!!

SQUATS!! I wanted to try something different..like the youtube 40 rep squat routine...I wanted to hurt. Mission accomplished!!!

warmup...
135x10x1
225x10x1

hardwork... 1 minute rest between sets...
405x21x1
315x20x1
225x20x1
135x20xpuked

DEADS FOR SPEED!!!

135x10x1
315x5x1
500x5x1
525x5x1

HACKS!!

8platesx10xgas'd...squats slaughtered my legs. This was two days ago and they're still sore as fuck. GOOD TIMES!

some calf shit..

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: October 02, 2007, 02:46:02 PM »
CHEST!!!

FLAT BENCH:

135x10x1
225x10x1
405x4x1+3rp

H/S incline press plate loaded:

3platesx9x1+2rp+2rp   NEW FIRST SET PR!!!

Dumbbell incline flyes:

90lbsx13x1+10rp  NEW FIRST SET AND TOTAL PR!!  It's weird how quickly I recover with this exercise though..oh well...

TRICEPS!!!

DUMBBELL OVERHEAD EXTENSIONS:

40lbsx7x1+6rp right side
40lbsx6x1+6rp left side

close grip bench press:  stupid to do last..but I wanted to see what it felt like to do close grips AFTER chest work...

275x3x1 the 315x2x1    and it felt SICK! I might end up doing some close grip floor presses next time...we'll see!

------------------------------------------------------

BACK!!!

bentover barbell rows:

135x10x1
225x10x1
415x4x1  NEW PR!!! DID THEM WITH GREAT FORM! Didn't get shit for reps though so finished it with a set of 315
315x10x1

h/s plate loaded rows:  couldn't get someone to hold a plate on top so had to use 5 plates instead...but my strength from last time wiht 5 plates has EXPLODED!!!

5platesx22x1+8rp left side. HUGE PR!!!
5platesx20x1+9rp right side  HUGE PR!!!

....and the right side is steadily improving and catching up with the left side strength wise!!!!

235x12x1+5rp NEW PR!!!

BICEPS!!!

dumbbell concentration curls:

60lbsx8x1+3rp both sides NEW FIRST SET PR!!

dumbbell hammer curls:

70lbsx8x1+3rp both sides..and very happy since this was the LAST exercise after all the previous back and bicep work!

KICK SOME FUCKING ASS IN THE GYM TODAY! 5 NEW PR'S!! And now i've just set the bar that much higher next time!!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: October 02, 2007, 04:06:22 PM »
CHEST!!!

FLAT BENCH:

135x10x1
225x10x1
405x4x1+3rp

H/S incline press plate loaded:

3platesx9x1+2rp+2rp   NEW FIRST SET PR!!!

Dumbbell incline flyes:

90lbsx13x1+10rp  NEW FIRST SET AND TOTAL PR!!  It's weird how quickly I recover with this exercise though..oh well...

TRICEPS!!!

DUMBBELL OVERHEAD EXTENSIONS:

40lbsx7x1+6rp right side
40lbsx6x1+6rp left side

close grip bench press:  stupid to do last..but I wanted to see what it felt like to do close grips AFTER chest work...

275x3x1 the 315x2x1    and it felt SICK! I might end up doing some close grip floor presses next time...we'll see!

------------------------------------------------------

BACK!!!

bentover barbell rows:

135x10x1
225x10x1
415x4x1  NEW PR!!! DID THEM WITH GREAT FORM! Didn't get shit for reps though so finished it with a set of 315
315x10x1

h/s plate loaded rows:  couldn't get someone to hold a plate on top so had to use 5 plates instead...but my strength from last time wiht 5 plates has EXPLODED!!!

5platesx22x1+8rp left side. HUGE PR!!!
5platesx20x1+9rp right side  HUGE PR!!!

....and the right side is steadily improving and catching up with the left side strength wise!!!!

235x12x1+5rp NEW PR!!!

BICEPS!!!

dumbbell concentration curls:

60lbsx8x1+3rp both sides NEW FIRST SET PR!!

dumbbell hammer curls:

70lbsx8x1+3rp both sides..and very happy since this was the LAST exercise after all the previous back and bicep work!

KICK SOME FUCKING ASS IN THE GYM TODAY! 5 NEW PR'S!! And now i've just set the bar that much higher next time!!!
holy shit man, you went from 2 plates per side all the way up to 4?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: October 02, 2007, 04:22:48 PM »
holy shit man, you went from 2 plates per side all the way up to 4?

Yep. No big deal...it's so I don't burn out with the heavier shit.

I think the sickest lift I'm doing is those dumbbell concentration curls with 60lbs..that shit is BRUTAL!