Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 367958 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #800 on: February 27, 2008, 03:02:58 PM »
Youre going to shit yourself when you get a real barbell in your hands.

Jason

i was thinking that exact same thing.. .

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #801 on: February 27, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
Awesome work buddy, v impresive. I see u havnt altered the Max effort and speed days on upper and lower body split??

Defo seems to be v effective for u!!

What grippers wer/are u using??

Im gonna invest in some captains of crush number 1 soon, and once ig et 20 reps il get the 1.5 or the 2, depending on advice i get from guys like urself/squad etc, who know better than i do!!

have the grippers just helped grip or hav ur forearms benifited?

davie

yeah man the first westside template i used was too much so I had to cut some things out and modify it and with the help of jason and a few others here I got my shit straight and it's working wonders.

forearms haven't grown and probably never will..but Iv'e been using the grippers that prowriststraps.com sells just like lift4size here is and they're doing wonders for my grip! been using them for a few months now. One I can get 4 sets of 10 wiht a particular weight I buy the next one that's 50lbs heavier.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #802 on: February 27, 2008, 03:11:29 PM »
ME upper body

bench press 90% of 1rm (405)

barx20x2
135x10x1
225x6x1
315x3x1
335x3x1
365x2x6...tried for a 3rd rep on the last set and didnt' have it in me. I've noticed that I've been fighting the bar at about 2" off my chest..once I started to relax my elbows stopped giving me fits. Feels SO good now! Handled these SO much better than I did two weeks ago!

standing push presses

135x6x1
185x6x1
225x6x1

dumbbell rows

125'sx20x5

dumbbell banded jm presse

40lbsx10x1
80lbsx10x3 still easy...

good day

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #803 on: February 27, 2008, 05:28:19 PM »
Your last two ME workouts for BP have been flat bench...TIME TO ROTATE.

Jason

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #804 on: February 27, 2008, 07:37:41 PM »
Your last two ME workouts for BP have been flat bench...TIME TO ROTATE.

Jason

yep

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #805 on: February 28, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »
nope..i'm doing percentage work for my bench. it's working out VERY well for me where the conjugate method didn't... but i'm sticking with the conjugate for lower body. I did the conjugate method for 2 months on my upper body and lost damn near 50lbs and the retest was a HARD 370 single...4 weeks of percentage work with a retest max bumped me up to 405 with a finger tap to get 410.  I'm going to do it again for another 5 weeks... if i keep seeing results why change?

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #806 on: February 28, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »
nope..i'm doing percentage work for my bench. it's working out VERY well for me where the conjugate method didn't... but i'm sticking with the conjugate for lower body. I did the conjugate method for 2 months on my upper body and lost damn near 50lbs and the retest was a HARD 370 single...4 weeks of percentage work with a retest max bumped me up to 405 with a finger tap to get 410.  I'm going to do it again for another 5 weeks... if i keep seeing results why change?

Are u going for mass also, or is this a powerlifting routine (not saying they dont build mass tho)?!

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #807 on: February 28, 2008, 12:18:01 PM »
Are u going for mass also, or is this a powerlifting routine (not saying they dont build mass tho)?!

davie

the more weight you move..the more muscle fibers you recruit and the more micro trauma you cause...which means more repair in the off days and more growth! HAHA I'm gaining weight like a mad man training this way. So mass comes wiht it! It's going to be impossible NOT to grow when you're moving heavy shit.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #808 on: February 28, 2008, 12:27:56 PM »
Haha fair point bro. Iv managed to pout about 20lbs on me in just over a year with DC?!

Im a happy boy.

davie

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #809 on: February 28, 2008, 12:30:34 PM »
Haha fair point bro. Iv managed to pout about 20lbs on me in just over a year with DC?!

Im a happy boy.

davie

DC and rest/pause are THE best bodybuilding routines for results imho.. 20lbs holy shit man! I've gained 20lbs in the past half a year or better..but it's not all solid mass for sure!  ;D

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #810 on: February 28, 2008, 01:25:09 PM »
DC and rest/pause are THE best bodybuilding routines for results imho.. 20lbs holy shit man! I've gained 20lbs in the past half a year or better..but it's not all solid mass for sure!  ;D

Cheers mate, have u used DC in the past??

Yeh its pretty good. I mean im no monster (at the moment lol). But iv gone from like 2lbs under 13stone, to about 14stone 4 (that was what iweighed about 5 weeks ago, im in hte middle of a BLAST and hopefully am at least 2lbs heavier by now), in just over the year.

1st Blast i put 8lbs on.

next targets 15 stone by the end of the summer but im hoping to hit that well b4 that.

I think once im up around 15 1/2-16 stone, i might switch up to something like powerlifting/olympic lifting based program, but even then i might just stay with DC.

Im not saying its all ripped muscle lol, My abs arent as super ripped as b4, but ic an still see them. Im sitting down to what should be a carb cut-off meal. Im cheating a bit tonight, so im having chicken fajita (with sum tuna thrown in), more tuna on the side and 3 large chicken legs (in chinese sauce).hmmmmm heehee

davie

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #811 on: February 28, 2008, 02:30:20 PM »

Very True. Good luck with it!

Jason

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #812 on: March 01, 2008, 01:33:07 PM »
the more weight you move..the more muscle fibers you recruit and the more micro trauma you cause...which means more repair in the off days and more growth! HAHA I'm gaining weight like a mad man training this way. So mass comes wiht it! It's going to be impossible NOT to grow when you're moving heavy shit.

no shit, i grew more from doing triples and singles on squats than i ever did from high reps and drop sets. plus, duh, i'm stronger. sure i used to do 195/175/155/135 drop sets on front squats and puked, etc, but i didn't grow a hell of a lot.

like doggcrapp once said: you give me a guy who squats 225 and if i get him strong enough to squat 405 his legs will be bigger.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #813 on: March 01, 2008, 06:37:52 PM »
no shit, i grew more from doing triples and singles on squats than i ever did from high reps and drop sets. plus, duh, i'm stronger. sure i used to do 195/175/155/135 drop sets on front squats and puked, etc, but i didn't grow a hell of a lot.

like doggcrapp once said: you give me a guy who squats 225 and if i get him strong enough to squat 405 his legs will be bigger.

no shit... there are more than one type of strength..endurance or overall

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: March 01, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »
yesterday was an interesting day. I've been feeling like shit for the past few days and I thought I was over training..went to the dr and he said I had teh flu! Well my ass takes theraflu and starts to feel better so I go and train.. dumb

DE lower body

free weight box squats up to 100lbs shy of our 1rm

135x10x1
315x5x1
500x5x1
550x4x1 and missed the 5th rep...this whole time the flu meds wore off and i felt like hammered shit. so i didn't go for a 5th set

so NOW we started pullin.. and I love to pull..again..dumb

135x6x1
315x3x1
500x3x1
585x3x1
635x2x1..grip failed when I bounced the bar off the floor like a moron..got a video of it..
655x1x1..because i was pissed off about my grip failing..when i post the video you guys are going to laugh. it's the shittiest pull i've ever seen but for being sick, still using all back, and after all the heavy squat crap i did before it wasn't bad considering.

got home..ran a fever of 102.6 and started puking...

don't train while you're sick.  :-X :-[

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #815 on: March 02, 2008, 06:50:25 AM »
You been sick for a while now huh? I've had some funk too but no fever. Gotta rest if you wanna get better.

Nice pulling! Try it super slow, I hear you get more power that way. ;)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #816 on: March 02, 2008, 01:51:12 PM »
You been sick for a while now huh? I've had some funk too but no fever. Gotta rest if you wanna get better.

Nice pulling! Try it super slow, I hear you get more power that way. ;)

yeah i worked out today thinking i was feeling better...wrong.. after benching I felt like shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #817 on: March 02, 2008, 02:09:20 PM »
felt okay when I woke up..went to the gym and went for it anyway.

DE upper body

bench 50% of 1RM

barx20x2
135x10x1
205x5x1
added monster minis
205x5x4 fast as possible
205x5x4 paused at the bottom of each rep

felt STRONG today in this...already feeling easier than the first time I worked with it last week!

pin presses at bench weak point

all paused on the pins.. no touch and go
225x6x1
315x4x1
405xmiss
365x3x1
385x1x1

DAMN!

i broke into a cold sweat..i was freezing  but sweating like crazy.. i figured I had already started..so why not finish. I have never been known for my brains for sure.

bent over barbell rows

135x10x1
225x10x1
315x10x1
405x10x1

dumbbell laterals

30lbsx6x1
50lbsx6x3

I will not be doing shit tomorrow. I need to rest.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #818 on: March 02, 2008, 02:21:45 PM »
Did you develop your program yourself? Or did you start with another plan and customize it?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #819 on: March 02, 2008, 02:46:36 PM »
Did you develop your program yourself? Or did you start with another plan and customize it?

i went with that westside template we wanted stickied in hte powerlifting forum..modified it....found out what worked for me..and modded it even more. After about 2 months you should know if it works for you or not and figure out where you made your gains and why. So far it's worked like a charm!  ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #820 on: March 02, 2008, 03:36:08 PM »
I see. Still figuring out the absolute best way to incorporate it with Strongman. I am trying this now:

tue - dyn lower
thur - dyn upper
sat - events (either for max reps or weight - 3-4 events)

It allows for more rest and more active recovery. Now if the fvckin weather would allow me to not slip on my ass when doing cardio I would be set.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #821 on: March 02, 2008, 04:47:56 PM »
I see. Still figuring out the absolute best way to incorporate it with Strongman. I am trying this now:

tue - dyn lower
thur - dyn upper
sat - events (either for max reps or weight - 3-4 events)

It allows for more rest and more active recovery. Now if the fvckin weather would allow me to not slip on my ass when doing cardio I would be set.

haha yeah man what's up with that snow? maybe you should put on some warmer shit and do work anyway! SHOW SOME DEDICATION!  ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #822 on: March 02, 2008, 04:49:30 PM »
take some Motrin man, that shit makes you feel like a new man when you have the flu gauranteed.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #823 on: March 02, 2008, 04:58:15 PM »
take some Motrin man, that shit makes you feel like a new man when you have the flu gauranteed.

i'm told zycam works too..i'll give motrin a shot while i'm out

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #824 on: March 02, 2008, 05:02:12 PM »
i'm told zycam works too..i'll give motrin a shot while i'm out
take that shit and a half hour later it's like you're not even sick, will reduce your fever to normal and stop the body and joint aches.